Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

19 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dude. Stop it already.

Don't try preaching the greatness of Darrelle Revis to me when I've been around these necks of the woods before Revis & 2009 ever happened (same user name and all) and had created multiple #24 threads back then ala 2009/2010 so you aren't telling me something that I don't already know...

Especially with regards to my dude Revis who as a passionate Defensive fan I stuck up for throughout his holdouts all while these same little Jamal Adams sharks in the waters types of critics wanted Revis to rot in hell for wanting to be paid according).

Funny. Jet fans HATE to see our players get paid and even turned on Revis for it. To prove a point should I go and bump up those Revis holdout threads? And would you be in there sticking up for #24 as I once did? lol. 

And I'm not the one who compared a career JAG in Jimmy Leonhard to Jamal Adams, now am I? But it's hilarious you'll jump down my throat for mentioning the thought alone of Darrelle Review and Jamal Adams playing as teammates together while you completely ignored the genius who compared Jimmy to Adams?

Hypocritical type of hypocrite you truy are... Obviously agenda driven too. 

I simply heard Jimmy's name and reminded me that we would've easily won a SB if Jamal Adams had a chance to roam our entire defense while also playing alongside of Darrelle Revis (my favorite Jet outside of Curtis Martin fyi). 

• Revis. Just like Adams. Did not make a Pro Bowl during his rookie year. 

• Revis. Just like Adams. Was a 2x Pro Bowler & 1x First-team All-Pro heading into his 4th year. 

And please just hush it already as you're acting and pretending as if you've ever seen "the best of Jamal Adams" and/or acting and pretending that you've already seen Jamal Adams "maximum and prime potential" because face it, you haven't. 

A.) You've never once ever seen Jamal Adams play alongside of an All-Pro (or even Pro-Bowl) Cornerback on the outside before

and...

B.) You've never once seen Jamal Adams featured within a defense with an outside pass rushing X-Factor of a threat;

C.) You've never even witnessed his greatness alongside of a C.J Mosley.

So it's you. You're the absolutely clueless one who has no idea whatsoever on how special Jamal Adams would look once surrounded by the likes of some decent CBs and a pass rusher on the outside (lol @ you dude for being such a football know it all). 

And it's ok for you guys to talk about Sam Darnold not having an O-Line or any WR's? But it's criminal to bring up the fact Jamal Adams had been playing within a defense without any CB's (thnx Trumaine?) and for 3 years playing alongside of no outside pass rushers because it's dated back to 2000-2005 John Abraham?  

Funny how thar works... Just a bunch of hypocritical types of hypocrites (from what I've been seeing at least). 

?

• Thumb Down 1

Unless it’s impossible to make a deal with Adams I wouldn’t trade him for only one first rounder. He gave indications last year that he could be an impact player. I thought he upped his game at times last year but wasn’t consistently elite. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

He changed more games last year and inspired better play from teammates more than any other player on the roster ... Including our franchise QB. 

He plays every down like it might be his last and demands the same from his teammates.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

LOLz now this is about darnold??

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Unless it’s impossible to make a deal with Adams I wouldn’t trade him for only one first rounder. He gave indications last year that he could be an impact player. I thought he upped his game at times last year but wasn’t consistently elite. 

Dude. Wake up. Last year he made yet another Pro Bowl appearance and was selected as a First-team All-Pro by professional sports writers who've had a hatred for the Jets ever since we knocked off the beloved NFL as an AFL Franchise and he did it all behind a disappointing rookie season out of his 1st round pick in Quinnen Williams (who I absolutely love moving forward), his two starting MLB's in C.J Mosley and Avery Williams both out for the season within the middle of his defense (and replaced by a bunch of unproven backups), his starting D-Lineman and former 1st round draft selection being traded away in Leonard Williams etc all while having no proven CB's to help him out due to Trumaine Johnson being one of our biggest big money Free Agency busts of All-Time but yet still makes the Pro Bowl (x2) and an All-Pro First-team honor despite learning a completely new defensive scheme under Gregg Williams (who already stated how Jamal Adams is already one of his favorite players who he's ever coached). 

And Jamal Adams is the one who Jet fans don't want to see get paid?

Reminds me of #24 Darrelle Revis (of his prime years) all over again; as Jet fans began to hate him and then wanted him to rot and burn in hell for demanding to be paid accordingly (as Jamal Adams will one day also become paid accordingly ala and become hated for it too). 

You can't make this horse crap up. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Reminds me of #24 Darrelle Revis (of his prime years) all over again; as Jet fans began to hate him and then wanted him to rot and burn in hell for demanding to be paid accordingly (as Jamal Adams will one day also become paid accordingly ala and become hated for it too). 

Jamal is about %75 the player Revis was.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dude. Wake up. Last year he made yet another Pro Bowl appearance and was selected as a First-team All-Pro by professional sports writers who've had a hatred for the Jets ever since we knocked off the beloved NFL as an AFL Franchise and he did it all behind a disappointing rookie season out of his 1st round pick in Quinnen Williams (who I absolutely love moving forward), his two starting MLB's in C.J Mosley and Avery Williams both out for the season within the middle of his defense (and replaced by a bunch of unproven backups), his starting D-Lineman and former 1st round draft selection being traded away in Leonard Williams etc all while having no proven CB's to help him out due to Trumaine Johnson being one of our biggest big money Free Agency busts of All-Time but yet still makes the Pro Bowl (x2) and an All-Pro First-team honor despite learning a completely new defensive scheme under Gregg Williams (who already stated how Jamal Adams is already one of his favorite players who he's ever coached). 

Look as talented as Adams is you can’t compare him to Revis lol.  I mean are Revis in his prime changed the way an opposing offense could operate.  They would need to find another way because we would stick Revis on their best weapon.  Look Revis could also be a pain the ass no doubt about it.  We traded him at low vue because he was coming off a ACL injury and Woody Johnson had basically said he wasn’t paying him.  So our leverage sucked

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Look as talented as Adams is you can’t compare him to Revis lol.  I mean are us in his prime changed the way an opposing offense could operate.  They would need to find another way because we would stick Revis on their best weapon.  Look Revis could also be a pain the ass no doubt about it.  We traded him at low vue because he was coming off a ACL injury and Woody Johnson had basically said he wasn’t paying him.  So our leverage sucked

The Jets actually moved Revis at the appropriate time. That was a good deal for the Jets and Tampa ended up cutting him a year later anyways. He played well in New England on a prove it contract then suckered the Jets  into paying for his early retirement.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets actually moved Revis at the appropriate time. That was a good deal for the Jets and Tampa ended up cutting him a year later anyways. He played well in New England on a prove it contract then suckered the Jets  into paying for his early retirement.

I meant at his full value.  If he wasn’t coming off a big injury  he would have brought back more 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I admit I did not trace back to the origin of this post. ... my interpretation was that it was saying that the jets were the Hyundai and they could not afford for a "luxury' position like safety to be paid... What was the intention of the post?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nothing really, I just wanted to reply. Sitting at home for weeks on end make people go a bit crazy lol...

On 4/2/2020 at 3:50 AM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

All right. Hypothetical question for you.

Say Jamal wasn't on our team and we needed a safety.

Would you be willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd for Minkah. 

No. I would prefer that my team hold onto its draft picks, draft excellent players and retain them after their rookie deals are due.

We got Dee milliner out of the deal so we still found a way to lose...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

We actually got Sheldon Richardson who we then flipped for Sam Darnold. So pending how you feel about Sam, Revis got us our franchise QB in a sense.

Idzik had the right plan the execution didn’t work out because Milliner didn’t pan out though the alternatives to milliner (Chance Warmack, Tyler Eifert) also sucked

• Upvote 3

On 4/5/2020 at 3:07 PM, Rangers9 said:

The cowboys offered a first plus a couple later round picks.  JD counteroffered for that plus Zack Martin who is an all pro Guard

that was nuts

On 4/2/2020 at 1:14 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why. So we can draft yet another bust, all while watching Jamal Adams walk into Canton as a Hall of Fame Cowboy?!?!? No freaking thank you!!!

The Saints traded away their entire draft for Ricky Williams and I wouldn't even trade Jamal for all of Dallas's draft picks; #33 is UNTRADABLE!

Jet fans: Cry for 1st round Superstars. 

Jets:  Finally get a 2x Pro Bowler and a First-team All-Pro for the 1st time since dating back to Darrelle Revis. 

Jet fans: Let's just trade him away so we can CRY after we draft yet another bust and/or non All-Pro. 

lol F you guys. 

There is a reason why Dallas wants to TRADE for Jamal Adams; and that's because they know as a front office - that they can not find anyone as great as #33 during the draft...

Geniuses. 

If he's as good as you say he is why isn't there a bidding war? Why isn't Dallas offering more? If Lamar Jackson was available you don't think both of these things would be happening? 

Simple.. Jamal is not available. Dallas is that ugly girl hoping the highschool QB drops the prom queen.

If he's as good as you say he is why isn't there a bidding war? Why isn't Dallas offering more? If Lamar Jackson was available you don't think both of these things would be happening? 

On 4/5/2020 at 9:31 AM, bla bla bla said:

The 2 point conversion is one of the biggest "Jamal won the game" arguments out there. While I agree he 100% prevented that play from happening, I find it funny no one talks about the penalty Jamal had on 1st and 27 to get the Cowboys into scoring position.

You mean the one he had among just about every Jets defender on that drive? There were multiple penalties by the defense, not just Adams. And perhaps maybe we wouldn't bring up those penalties if those other players on defense gave the kind of effort Jamal does on every play.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 4/6/2020 at 2:35 PM, Philc1 said:

Idzik had the right plan the execution didn’t work out because Milliner didn’t pan out though the alternatives to milliner (Chance Warmack, Tyler Eifert) also sucked

I remember that.  I wanted Warmack, shows how good a GM I'd be

6 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

You mean the one he had among just about every Jets defender on that drive? There were multiple penalties by the defense, not just Adams. And perhaps maybe we wouldn't bring up those penalties if those other players on defense gave the kind of effort Jamal does on every play.

I'm not saying anything about the other players. We are talking about Jamal here. Other players caused penalties that caused first downs but the penalty is magnified when Dallas has a 1st and 27. 

I don't have the odds in front of me but I'd have to imagine the percentage of converting after 4 downs is pretty low at 27 yards out. Other penalties don't carry that kind of weight.

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Simple.. Jamal is not available. Dallas is that ugly girl hoping the highschool QB drops the prom queen.

This was a hypothetical. Honestly I can typically have reasoned conversation about Adams with people who want to keep him. We might see it differently but it's usually amicable. This poster is too damn emotional about it. His arguments are circular. I imagine you and I could probably have a better discourse on this topic.

Adams is a very good player. I just think his value is inflated in comparison to his actual team impact. This is like arguing about the inherent value of a stock. No one will know until we look back at it. One side will be right. Hopefully it lines up with the side JD ultimately ends up on for the sake of this team. 

• Sympathy 3

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Well it has been a week since the OP and we are still waiting for Dallas to make "the offer" as the thread title states.  

Great job here. 

It’s been 71 days since Adams claimed the Jets were working on his contract extension, about which Douglas recently said “yeah no.” 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Yes, the Cowboys are the ugly chick.  Makes perfect sense.  Like you wouldn't swap the Jets roster for Dallas' in 2 seconds.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, the Cowboys are the ugly chick.  Makes perfect sense.  Like you wouldn't swap the Jets roster for Dallas' in 2 seconds.  

To be fair that organization hasn’t done anything other than spend money and run their mouth for decades. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

To be fair that organization hasn’t done anything other than spend money and run their mouth for decades. 

Yes.  But they still have a far superior roster.  Jerry's mistakes included keeping Garrett too long and signing a few too many high-risk guys.  Otherwise, credit where its due, they have a very good roster. 

3 division titles in the last 6 years (including 2 seasons with 12+ wins) is not too shabby from a "results" standpoint either.  We haven't had a home playoff game since 2002.

In no sense are the Cowboys ever the "ugly chick" in a conversation regarding the Jets.  They can survive without the great Jamal Adams.  But hopefully JD can convince Jerry they can't....

Cimini also had an oddly specific bit the other day about the price of Adams being “a first and a second, at least.” This was after he published an article about the Jets needing an “extraordinary offer.” It struck me as odd that Cimini has the information that negotiations are not going on right now and that the opening position is a one and a two, which isn’t necessarily an “extraordinary” price tag. Rather, it’s the asking price if you end up settling for the infamous one and a three that’s been bandied about, or the one and a 2021 second. If Douglas was rock solid on signing Jamal, he could have done it already, and easily. They know what Eddie Jackson makes and they know their cap position moving forward. They weren’t holding money back to sign a big free agent, either. It sure feels like they’re either going to trade Jamal or they’re going to tell him to pound sand regarding an extension and let him cry about it

• Upvote 2

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Judging by how money conscious Douglas has been, it’s hard to see him paying Adams 16mil a year when he’s got a couple of years left at a fraction of that. He’s going to make Jamal play out his contract 

Hopefully by then, the roster will be strong enough where we can actually qualify and be eligible for comp picks. 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Judging by how money conscious Douglas has been, it’s hard to see him paying Adams 16mil a year when he’s got a couple of years left at a fraction of that. He’s going to make Jamal play out his contract 

How money conscious has he been?

Because he didnt overpay for stop gap OL help or didnt get into biding contests over players he may not have like enough to spent on?

We have no idea what he'd do in a different scenario.  Things could be completely different with a play he may want 

• Upvote 1