Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini also had an oddly specific bit the other day about the price of Adams being “a first and a second, at least.” This was after he published an article about the Jets needing an “extraordinary offer.” It struck me as odd that Cimini has the information that negotiations are not going on right now and that the opening position is a one and a two, which isn’t necessarily an “extraordinary” price tag. Rather, it’s the asking price if you end up settling for the infamous one and a three that’s been bandied about, or the one and a 2021 second. If Douglas was rock solid on signing Jamal, he could have done it already, and easily. They know what Eddie Jackson makes and they know their cap position moving forward. They weren’t holding money back to sign a big free agent, either. It sure feels like they’re either going to trade Jamal or they’re going to tell him to pound sand regarding an extension and let him cry about it

Pound sand sounds like a good option

backup plan: sign Bobby Boucher

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

If they want him, they're going to have to give up more than what he's worth. That's what I'd ask for if I was GM. Which is why he'd never get traded if I was GM.

And more importantly asking for those picks is why you would never be a GM ?

• Haha 2

Cimini also had an oddly specific bit the other day about the price of Adams being “a first and a second, at least.” This was after he published an article about the Jets needing an “extraordinary offer.” It struck me as odd that Cimini has the information that negotiations are not going on right now and that the opening position is a one and a two, which isn’t necessarily an “extraordinary” price tag. Rather, it’s the asking price if you end up settling for the infamous one and a three that’s been bandied about, or the one and a 2021 second. If Douglas was rock solid on signing Jamal, he could have done it already, and easily. They know what Eddie Jackson makes and they know their cap position moving forward. They weren’t holding money back to sign a big free agent, either. It sure feels like they’re either going to trade Jamal or they’re going to tell him to pound sand regarding an extension and let him cry about it

Nothing seems to feel like like they're trading Jamal.  Or even hints at them telling him to pound sand.  

And if they were I cant see a scenario where JD is blabbing proposed trade offers and requirements to the press.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And more importantly asking for those picks is why you would never be a GM ?

Coming from someone who is more qualified to be a GM?

I would never be a GM because I don't have a career in professional football.. You don't think there have been GMs who have made outrageous trade demands before?

That's what happens when someone wants to trade for a player you consider "untouchable." It has to be a deal that is too good to refuse. I think two 1s and a 2 is in that category.

10 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Coming from someone who is more qualified to be a GM?

I would never be a GM because I don't have a career in professional football.. You don't think there have been GMs who have made outrageous trade demands before?

That's what happens when someone wants to trade for a player you consider "untouchable." It has to be a deal that is too good to refuse. I think two 1s and a 2 is in that category.

Calm down, joking.

But really, dont double down on the ridiculous trade return

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Calm down, joking.

But really, dont double down on the ridiculous trade return

I'd make that demand every day of the week if someone wanted to trade for Jamal.. Only way I could see justifying it. It'd be insane to trade him away for fair trade value, unless there was some underlying reason why they want to get rid of him.

There aren’t five players in the league that would draw that kind of trade value.

I can name 40.... and Jamal's not one of them.

Yes, he's a valuable player to us, but for the same reasons you're willing to let him go, is the same reason other teams aren't going to pay. 

He's not getting traded. Deal with it you guys.... if it was going to happen, it would have happened last october. That ship has sailed. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yes, he's a valuable player to us, but for the same reasons you're willing to let him go, is the same reason other teams aren't going to pay. 

He's not getting traded. Deal with it you guys.... if it was going to happen, it would have happened last october. That ship has sailed. 

How about straight up for say...OJ Howard?

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think what happened last year is that Jerry tried to bully Douglas into a trade for the Cowboys one and their fourth corner (Anthony Brown?). All those rumors about wanting Zack Martin, a one and two two’s, etc was Jones screwing around in the press like he did with Amari Cooper, except Douglas just took his ball and went home. IMO, the difference at this point is that Douglas has to make the choice between extending Adams, putting him off for two more years, or moving him for picks at the draft. Will Adams get traded? Probably not. But until he signs off on a new contract, it’s a distinct possibility. Especially if/when he figures out that there’s no extension coming his way. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think what happened last year is that Jerry tried to bully Douglas into a trade for the Cowboys one and their fourth corner (Anthony Brown?). All those rumors about wanting Zack Martin, a one and two two’s, etc was Jones screwing around in the press like he did with Amari Cooper, except Douglas just took his ball and went home. IMO, the difference at this point is that Douglas has to make the choice between extending Adams, putting him off for two more years, or moving him for picks at the draft. Will Adams get traded? Probably not. But until he signs off on a new contract, it’s a distinct possibility. Especially if/when he figures out that there’s no extension coming his way. 

Jamal Adams has twitter/instagram value, which is hard to get past in all walks of life. It really has little indication of actual values, outcomes etc. If you have leadership that knows how to block that noise out, youre good. The Jets I think do not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Douglas does, if free agency is any indication. He wasn’t winning any back pages and it didn’t seem to phase him, unlike the previous GM and Tannenbaum.

You have to take the Jets job with the ability to tell the Johnsons that no one in the national media actually cares about the Jets and their immediate reactions carry no weight. Louis Riddick or Damien Woody or Mike Greenberg or Rich Eisen dont actually care about the Jets. Their egos are too big. Stop getting it twisted. Beningo does but he's got bills to pay and he'll always be back. Jets fans are obedient. They'll always be back too. Moving a strong safety who doesnt turn the ball over will be forgotten within a week.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Given the circumstances in this years draft, with the lack of pro days and meetings in general, anyone think draft picks are worth less this year and teams should be more inclined to trade them for proven players? Someone might have to finally adjust that trade value chart.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Given the circumstances in this years draft, with the lack of pro days and meetings in general, anyone think draft picks are worth less this year and teams should be more inclined to trade them for proven players? Someone might have to finally adjust that trade value chart.

They're worth more to teams who know what they're doing.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

I'd make that demand every day of the week if someone wanted to trade for Jamal.. Only way I could see justifying it. It'd be insane to trade him away for fair trade value, unless there was some underlying reason why they want to get rid of him.

Listen, you can make all the demands you want youre not getting two 1's and a 2 for anyone 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Listen, you can make all the demands you want youre not getting two 1's and a 2 for anyone 

If I remember correctly, the scenario is Dallas making multiple offers for Jamal. I'm not looking to trade him.. I don't make that offer actually expecting them to do it. The idea is not to trade him unless it's an ridiculous deal that you can't refuse.

1 minute ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

If I remember correctly, the scenario is Dallas making multiple offers for Jamal. I'm not looking to trade him.. I don't make that offer actually expecting them to do it. The idea is not to trade him unless it's an ridiculous deal that you can't refuse.

I dont know where youre getting Dallas has or will offer anything for Jamal.  It was rumored they were interested a year ago and then that the rumored asking price was to high for them.

So I'm not getting where asking for the moon will do anything for anyone, other than making the Jets look bad for tasing for too much

I think Douglas does, if free agency is any indication. He wasn’t winning any back pages and it didn’t seem to phase him, unlike the previous GM and Tannenbaum.

You've been embarrassing yourself for months...  how many times do you have to hear they are not taking anything less than a kings ransom?  A 1st and two 2's, a 1st and a pro bowl lineman, a 1st, 2nd, and starter etc..

this is the reality of what it would take for JD to consider a trade. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont know where youre getting Dallas has or will offer anything for Jamal.  It was rumored they were interested a year ago and then that the rumored asking price was to high for them.

So I'm not getting where asking for the moon will do anything for anyone, other than making the Jets look bad for tasing for too much

This is all hypothetical and assuming the reports are true.. If it isn't then there's no point in even discussing it.

Last year it was said they offered a 1st and late round pick, now they're "circling back" to make another offer before the draft. Obviously a better offer. Apparently JD wants at least a 1 and two 2s, not an astronomical difference from two 1s and a 2.

Also, I don't see how it would make them look bad. The Cowboys came to them, apparently more than once. I would draw a line in the sand and stick to it. If they really want him that bad, then they're going to have to overpay.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:04 AM, bla bla bla said:

He told Ryan Clark that Dallas was one of the teams he'd love to go to. None of the other teams were ever brought up but Jamal said they spoke of multiple teams. Jamal never said "it would be okay" he literally used the word "love to go to"

I know he's from that area and that certainly needs to be taken into account but he has been flirting with the idea of Dallas for well over a year.

Really? HE's the one who's been flirting with going to Dallas? For WELL OVER A YEAR????

C'mon man, what is this nonsense? I read your posts, and watch your videos. You're a lot better than this.

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2020 at 9:04 AM, bla bla bla said:

He told Ryan Clark that Dallas was one of the teams he'd love to go to. None of the other teams were ever brought up but Jamal said they spoke of multiple teams. Jamal never said "it would be okay" he literally used the word "love to go to"

I know he's from that area and that certainly needs to be taken into account but he has been flirting with the idea of Dallas for well over a year.

Hows that flirting with playing for Dallas?  It was rumored that Dallas contacted the Jets about trading for Jamal after it was reported that they Jets would field offers from teams.  So if he had to go and it was to Dallas its his boyhood team he would love it over all other. Thats flirting with going there?  All year?  

And really, who cares?  You think every player doesnt think about playing for the team they grew up rooting for?  Its not often the team you grow up rooting for is trying to trade for you/

But again, why dont you harp on the tons of times hes said he wants to stay, wants to be a Jet, wants to win as a Jet, wants to win for this fanbase?

How does if I get traded, the Cowboys would be cool? 

On 4/5/2020 at 12:45 PM, johnnysd said:

Dude just give it a rest. You are not changing anyone's opinion and it has become just trolling at this point. We all know EXACTLY how you feel.

I bet if he echoed your opinion, he wouldn't be "trolling", would he?

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Really? HE's the one who's been flirting with going to Dallas? For WELL OVER A YEAR????

C'mon man, what is this nonsense? I read your posts, and watch your videos. You're a lot better than this.

When this originally came out I brushed it off as a player just wanting as much money as possible, at this point I'm not too sure anymore. Perhaps it's nothing but I'd consider it flirting with the idea.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 11.18.30 PM.png