Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Id love to hear the logic of taking high drafted players who develop into all pros and trading them for picks lower than the one used on them in the first place

Strikes me as first class GMing

Personally fine with trading him but I’m not fine with basically letting Dallas dictate the price.  That’s not smart and JD knows better 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Id love to hear the logic of taking high drafted players who develop into all pros and trading them for picks lower than the one used on them in the first place

Strikes me as first class GMing

The Jets wouldn’t be the first. Did the Giants make the correct move dealing Beckham?

9 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Giving Adams a monster contract right now or at any time will restrict the jets from paying Sam and other IMPORTANT positions.

Adams is a box safety - that is all.

And that makes no sense

Unless you can come up with an explanation for the Cowboys giving Zeke a monster deal, raising that with Cooper, paying Dak and then paying the same Jamal Adams the same contract the Jets can pay out?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

Did you ever play the game?

No...  I have like 20 games sitting here that I bought because they were highly rated and guess I finally have plenty of time to get to them.  Just finished Detroit Become Human..  Liked it a lot...  looked incredible with PS4 Pro on my OLED.

Probably the newest God of War next... 

I heard the Witcher was like a 50 - 100 hour time investment which I'm reluctant to start..  Thats why Red Dead Redemption has been sitting here for 6 months still in the plastic.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

When did I ever say we should pay him?  I’m fine with trading but but I need a big return otherwise we are just doing what Dallas  wants which is to panic and accept a cheaper return 

Touche'.  Realistically,  I can't see anyone offering more than a 1st and a 4th. Look at what the Steelers gave up for minkah. 

If there offering just a first I think you have to strongly consider it. I'd do it.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

No

They got rid of a malcontent who most think had to go and was addition by subtraction.

Buckner was just recently traded as well. If the Jets have come to the conclusion they don’t want to pay Adams, then it’s a no brainer. All Pro at SS is different than Edge or LT. I mean he has two career interceptions. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Touche'.  Realistically,  I can't see anyone offering more than a 1st and a 4th. Look at what the Steelers gave up for minkah. 

If there offering just a first I think you have to strongly consider it. I'd do it.

No matter what you think of Jamal no way I’m just letting Dallas dictate the price and taking 1 pick. No way 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Buckner was just recently traded as well. If the Jets have come to the conclusion they don’t want to pay Adams, then it’s a no brainer. All Pro at SS is different than Edge or LT. I mean he has two career interceptions. 

Are you seriously going to go through this exercise?

Again?

Hes not getting traded. 

Nothing in some idiots tweet says that he will be.

The usual suspects, the minority will check in and try to convince the majority why he should be. 

Why after all the attempts to convince all is the question

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Probably the newest God of War next... 

I heard the Witcher was like a 50 - 100 hour time investment which I'm reluctant to start..  Thats why Red Dead Redemption has been sitting here for 6 months still in the plastic.

God of war is great , highly recommend for you. Not grindy at all

Red Dead is realistic to the point of annoyance at times. If you dont like getting bogged down skip 

Witcher is somewhere between the two .. tons of side content that is pretty fleshed out, main story not as long but I'm not sure how challenging it is without doing side quests and leveling up 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

Giving Adams a monster contract right now or at any time will restrict the jets from paying Sam and other IMPORTANT positions.

Adams is a box safety - that is all.

I agree with moving him and this year is a damn good year to do that. But Adams is elite at basically everything he’s asked to do. He has value on the field and it’s why he can get a first rounder plus in a trade.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If it's the 17 overall, I'm game. And I like Jamal.

But if it means we can get a tackle and a WR in round 1?

Yes. 

Look I’m not a Jamal fan and am fine with trading him but like I said I need more than a late teen first rounder.  A 1st and a 3rd I think is fair 

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

No matter what you think of Jamal no way I’m just letting Dallas dictate the price and taking 1 pick. No way 

We will just have to agree to disagree. I like Jamal, but I think your overvaluing him. Like I said, I can't see anyone offering more than a 1st and a 4th for him.

Obviously JD should try to get back more, But worst case scenario I would take just a 1st. That's just me tho

Just now, Beerfish said:

Nothing to see, the Jets will not trade him though they should if the right deal is there.

Just Dallas's 1st is certainly not enough and I am one of Adams biggest critics.

Absolutely.  That’s not enough at at all.  If we did that deal it would be a coup for Dallas and we would get blasted For taking back a smaller return 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

We will just have to agree to disagree. I like Jamal, but I think your overvaluing him. Like I said, I can't see anyone offering more than a 1st and a 4th for him.

Obviously JD should try to get back more, But worst case scenario I would take just a 1st. That's just me tho

I don’t think I’m overvaluing him.  It’s not like I’m saying two firsts or a first and one of their olinemen.  I think I’m being pretty fair and I’m not even a Jamal fan 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you seriously going to go through this exercise?

Again?

Hes not getting traded. 

I remember you saying the same thing about Mac not getting fired (than he got fired a week later).

Maybe you should humble yourself and reduce your confidence level? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And that makes no sense

Unless you can come up with an explanation for the Cowboys giving Zeke a monster deal, raising that with Cooper, paying Dak and then paying the same Jamal Adams the same contract the Jets can pay out?

Dak's a one year franchise tag and the problem is that Dallas will not be able to afford many other players after giving out 4 huge contracts. The three they did give out were at IMPORTANT positions and not a box safety.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t think I’m overvaluing him.  It’s not like I’m saying two firsts or a first and one of their olinemen.  I think I’m being pretty fair and I’m not even a Jamal fan 

Look at what the Steelers traded for minkah. It was a first rounder and swapping late Rd picks.

I think I'm on the money saying no one will offer more than a 1& a 4. 

Maybe I'm wrong 

But I'd be fine with just a first.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

More Jamal rumors circling 

A1145B94-5EF7-49B1-91A1-31D9F5A63230.png

Give us your 1st and 3rd, you no chance taking, low compensation seeking clamshells...

Jerry Jeudy, Josh Jones, Michael Pittman, Jonathan Greenard, Anthony McFarland and the Jets sign Cowboys castoff Jeff Heath to cover 2/3 the production but at 1/8th the price of Prince Adams...

Do it, you pussies!

Do it!!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Look at what the Steelers traded for minkah. It was a first rounder and swapping late Rd picks.

I think I'm on the money saying no one will offer more than a 1& a 4. 

Maybe I'm wrong 

But I'd be fine with just a first.

Well I wouldn’t and I doubt JD would either.  I mean if it was a higher first rounder maybe but just the 17th seems pretty cheap no matter what you think of Adams personally.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Look I’m not a Jamal fan and am fine with trading him but like I said I need more than a late teen first rounder.  A 1st and a 3rd I think is fair 

I understand your position. He should go for what Minkah went for. A 1st, a 5th and a 6th. I'm cool with that. 

But really, I'm not letting the deal fall apart so long as we get the 17 overall. Anything after that is gravy.

If we could pull one of the elite tackles and one of the elite WR's, in round 1 alone? The whole draft changes for us. And if I have to give up a safety, albeit one whom I enjoy watching and think gets a bad rap on this website, I pull the trigger all day. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I understand your position. He should go for what Minkah went for. A 1st, a 5th and a 6th. I'm cool with that. 

But really, I'm not letting the deal fall apart so long as we get the 17 overall. Anything after that is gravy.

If we could pull one of the elite tackles and one of the elite WR's, in round 1 alone? The whole draft changes for us. And if I have to give up a safety, albeit one whom I enjoy watching and think gets a bad rap on this website, I pull the trigger all day. 

I totally disagree.  JD will stick to his guns and not gold to whatever Dallas wants 

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Well I wouldn’t and I doubt JD would either.  I mean if it was a higher first rounder maybe but just the 17th seems pretty cheap no matter what you think of Adams personally.  

All right. Hypothetical question for you.

Say Jamal wasn't on our team and we needed a safety.

Would you be willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd for Minkah. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

I remember you saying the same thing about Mac not getting fired (than he got fired a week later).

Maybe you should humble yourself and reduce your confidence level? 

Then you remember wrong

And hey, if I was what does that have to do with this and my opinion on Adams?

Nothing, absolutely nothing.  Everyone has their opinion