Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

26 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

We will see. Seems like people want to trade him under the assumption that he’s going to get some $17 million per year contract. I just don’t see that. Signing early gives him a lot more money now. If nothing happens and he hits free agency in two years, he only gets $17 million over the next two years. Why wouldn’t he want to sign early and get a big signing bonus now? It’s not short changing him since money now is worth more than money later. It’s taking care of your players early. 

He has an ego will find it insulting to take a dime less than teammate CJ Mosley.  That's why.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He has an ego will find it insulting to take a dime less than teammate CJ Mosley.  That's why.

That's my fear. Trade him now while his value is high. It would be so jetsy if JD offers a fair contract extension only to insult Adams. He then sits out and demands a trade which then would lower his value.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

That's my fear. Trade him now while his value is high. It would be so jetsy if JD offers a fair contract extension only to insult Adams. He then sits out and demands a trade which then would lower his value.

Hence why it doesn't seem that JD has presented any numbers to Adams yet.  He's kind of just stroking his ego from a distance, calling him a "priority" without taking any steps to come to the table.  It'll be interesting to see what happens after the draft (assuming of course that Adams isn't traded then).

The uncertainty over the 2020 season even happening will certainly buy time in that arena.  A silver lining I guess, lol.

1 minute ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Two years ago the Celtics offered Jaylon Smith and multiple first round picks for Porzingis and Dolan vetoes the trade

now the idiot Johnson Bros are doing the same sh t

• WTF? 1

19 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I also have no doubt Sam will look better if the team gets better, but his actual objective performance (not your definition of objective), needs an improvement just to get to average. 

What exactly makes your objective evaluation 'actual'? PFF stats?

We obviously have different opinions of Sam's ability, you could be right or maybe I am. Hopefully it turns out that my evaluation was closer to the truth. Only time will tell.

• Upvote 1

This is from a poorly-argued USAToday Cowboys article, but I think it’s an interesting deal. There’s plenty of fab interest amongst Cowboys fans to shoot their shot with Adams right now, and the Cowboys are in a bad news cycle because their brilliant free agent QB just threw a house party during a pandemic:

“The option to keep Adams for two years means the Jets won’t give him away for cheap, though. Last year the cost was a 1st and two second-round picks. With one season of control gone from that, we’re proposing sending New York the 2020 first, 2020 second and 2021 second, but in exchange for Adams and the Jets first of two 2020 third-round picks, No. 68.”

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/gallery/cowboys-7-round-mock-draft-trading-for-jamal-adams-is-worth-it/amp/

59 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Maybe the Jets are waiting till draft night for a Adams trade, that way it gets lost in all the other noise and won’t have to hear that much backlash since fans will then be busy being excited about the new draft picks ??

If we get the cowboys pick 17 on draft day I might jizz myself

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Maybe the Jets are waiting till draft night for a Adams trade, that way it gets lost in all the other noise and won’t have to hear that much backlash since fans will then be busy being excited about the new draft picks ??

Do draft night trades for players ever happen

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

It’s not usually big names like that. Last big name I can think of is Randy Moss to Patriots. But yeah. Doesn’t happen often. 

Agreed.  The odds of it happening are very very low especially since JD will only do it for his price 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is from a poorly-argued USAToday Cowboys article, but I think it’s an interesting deal. There’s plenty of fab interest amongst Cowboys fans to shoot their shot with Adams right now, and the Cowboys are in a bad news cycle because their brilliant free agent QB just threw a house party during a pandemic:

“The option to keep Adams for two years means the Jets won’t give him away for cheap, though. Last year the cost was a 1st and two second-round picks. With one season of control gone from that, we’re proposing sending New York the 2020 first, 2020 second and 2021 second, but in exchange for Adams and the Jets first of two 2020 third-round picks, No. 68.”

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/gallery/cowboys-7-round-mock-draft-trading-for-jamal-adams-is-worth-it/amp/

Jets can’t give up their 3rd in this scenario 

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If we get the cowboys pick 17 on draft day I might jizz myself

17th pick? (HA!).

He was selected 6th overall and considered as 1st overall pick worthy. 

And within only 3 years?

A.) Made the All-Rookie Team. 

B.) Selected (voted by fans) to two Pro Bowls (Co-MVP of one of them).

C.) Honored as an NFL All-Pro (First-team and Second-team) by professional sports writes all over the Country. 

You would "jizz your pants" for a late roind 17th overall pick? (LOL!)

Well thankfully you're not...

Jamal_Adams_Joe_Douglas.thumb.jpg.5e8a3b3187566fa9822bdb88ae228e2e.jpg

Joe Douglas (who decline multiple offerings including a 1st round pick for the services of our Superstar #33 Jamal Adams). 

hi-res-0e5a6ba4307e95bcc599593974ee694e_crop_north.jpg.a9c53510deff01b48ba2196583e7f490.jpg

Is the NFL owner who Joe Douglas declined, turned down and rejected for rights to our First-team All-Pro. 

And Jerry Jones has always had a great eye for talent (lol @ you, Philbert). 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This isn't Madden, dude. 

Sensational input. 49ers are going to trade down as they have #13,#31 and then no picks until like the 5th round so then dropping 4 spots to add a 3rd isn’t a “madden” trade. Jamal probably brings back a minimum of a 1 and a 3rd so again idk what you’re talking about 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That’s a trade I would make on draft day if a player we like is there with pick 17.
Say we go CeeDee with pick 11 and Jones is there at 17...deal. Grab Jones at 17.

Or say we grab Wills at 11 and Jefferson is there at 17...deal. Grab Jefferson.

And I’m a big fan of Adams who believes we can build a great D with him. We were a good defense last year and he was the only guy worth anything playing on that D.  I wouldn’t make it before draft day though. I would need to know who is available at 17.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

That’s a trade I would make on draft day if a player we like is there with pick 17.
Say we go CeeDee with pick 11 and Jones is there at 17...deal. Grab Jones at 17.

Or say we grab Wills at 11 and Jefferson is there at 17...deal.

And I’m a big fan of Adams who believe we can build a great D with him. I wouldn’t make it before draft day though. I would need to know who I’d available at 17.

I think you’re guaranteed to get a high level prospect at a position of need at 17 regardless. If the consensus picks all mostly go as projected, you’re going to have a choice of Jefferson, Mims, Josh Jones, a few CBs, Ruiz, etc. As a matter of saving face, you’d like to use the pick you get for Adams on a player who will score TDs for you, just so you have a tangible return to point to. Then again, adding Thomas/Wills and Ruiz on this OL probably elevates the entire team the second you hand in the card. And then you have the extra $80-$90 mil you were going to have to throw at Adams. 

• Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Jamal probably brings back a minimum of a 1 and a 3rd so again idk what you’re talking about 

Jamal Adams brings that 49ers Defense a Super Bowl. 

No thank you. 

If Joe Douglas throughout both Free Agency and the Draft isn't able to build an offensive line around Sam Darnold without having to trade away Jamal Adams in order to improve our offense, well then Joe Douglas must really suck. And i wouldn't want that type of GM trading away my first All-Pro since #24 to begin with...

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Jamal Adams brings that 49ers Defense a Super Bowl. 

No thank you. 

Idc about what team he gets traded to that’d be a great trade for us if it were to ever happen 

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bet you can't name me a list of 10 All-Pro 1st-team selections that you've ever been able to watch out a Jet player (ever). 

"Great trade". 

If they traded Jamal, this is what you’d lose: 61 tackles and a few exceedingly infrequent plays on the football. Strip away all the dancing and me-first antics and he’s simply not that productive. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I love Jamal Adams. I would only trade him to the cowboys for Tyron Smith their first and a second . Their 2nd can be next year.and that the least I would take. I know it’s a lot but that’s the only way I trade a allpro. Tyron is a all pro but been having injuries lately but still is one of the best. 

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think you’re guaranteed to get a high level prospect at a position of need at 17 regardless. If the consensus picks all mostly go as projected, you’re going to have a choice of Jefferson, Mims, Josh Jones, a few CBs, Ruiz, etc. As a matter of saving face, you’d like to use the pick you get for Adams on a player who will score TDs for you, just so you have a tangible return to point to. Then again, adding Thomas/Wills and Ruiz on this OL probably elevates the entire team the second you hand in the card. And then you have the extra $80-$90 mil you were going to have to throw at Adams. 

Why am I settling for less than what Jacksonville got for Ramsey?

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they traded Jamal, this is what you’d lose: 61 tackles and a few exceedingly infrequent plays on the football. Strip away all the dancing and me-first antics and he’s simply not that productive. 

Wirfs, Jefferson boom.

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bet you can't name me a list of 10 All-Pro 1st-team selections that you've ever been able to watch out a Jet player (ever). 

"Great trade". 

I’d gladly trade Adams for a #1 WR or an OT to protect Sam. Not paying your precious all pro SS $15+mil a year while the QB I traded 3 2nd rounders for gets demolished every week behind an OL with no WRs.

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

"Great trade". 

Hmmm  I can Namath,Maynard,Grantham,Snell,Elliot,Philbin,Sauer,Gastineau,Klecko and Powell and that just off the top of my head..