Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

1 hour ago, JetFan20 said:

Why am I settling for less than what Jacksonville got for Ramsey?

Because a true CB1 is infinitely more rare than a decent strong safety. Also, if you gave the Rams a do-over, they’d ship Ramsey back to the Jags for those two firsts in a heartbeat

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Maybe the Jets are waiting till draft night for a Adams trade, that way it gets lost in all the other noise and won’t have to hear that much backlash since fans will then be busy being excited about the new draft picks ??

I hope so. 

Ideally I want Adam's to be traded before the draft so we could use some of that capital this year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think you’re guaranteed to get a high level prospect at a position of need at 17 regardless. If the consensus picks all mostly go as projected, you’re going to have a choice of Jefferson, Mims, Josh Jones, a few CBs, Ruiz, etc. As a matter of saving face, you’d like to use the pick you get for Adams on a player who will score TDs for you, just so you have a tangible return to point to. Then again, adding Thomas/Wills and Ruiz on this OL probably elevates the entire team the second you hand in the card. And then you have the extra $80-$90 mil you were going to have to throw at Adams. 

Ran a few simulations, looks like it. I wouldn’t be upset if we make this trade before the draft. If JD makes this decision I’ll support him.

Although I’m not buying this monster contract everyone is projecting. It’s anyone’s guess though. Seems like people are assuming this is this case because of how they perceive Adams. 

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Although I’m not buying this monster contract everyone is projecting.

Eddie Jackson got 4/$58mm/$33mm gtd. Jamal’s contract is going to be bigger than that, and he’s said himself that he expects more than just safety money. If Douglas can negotiate him down from there, we’ll see. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Eddie Jackson got 4/$58mm/$33mm gtd. Jamal’s contract is going to be bigger than that, and he’s said himself that he expects more than just safety money. If Douglas can negotiate him down from there, we’ll see. 

I see. The Eddie Jackson contract, to me, is what I think he should get paid. If he said he wants to get paid more than a safety, than I see your point about him wanting a bigger contract. 

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I see. The Eddie Jackson contract, to me, is what I think he should get paid. If he said he wants to get paid more than a safety, than I see your point about him wanting a bigger contract. 

He compared himself to Brady and Aaron Donald which to me says he expects to be paid as a top 5 - 10 player in the NFL not just a top safety. This will be a real test for JD and I make it 50 - 50 between him signing and him holding out.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Maybe the Jets are waiting till draft night for a Adams trade, that way it gets lost in all the other noise and won’t have to hear that much backlash since fans will then be busy being excited about the new draft picks ??

JD is waiting for draft night to see how the draft falls and to get the best deal for Adams. If the Jets get the #17 pick for Adams this could turn out to be a historically great draft.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Hmmm  I can Namath,Maynard,Grantham,Snell,Elliot,Philbin,Sauer,Gastineau,Klecko and Powell and that just off the top of my head..

You forgot about the likes of Al Toon (1x), Wesley Walker (1x), Freeman McNeil (1x), Curtis Martin (1x), Mo Lewis (1x), John Abraham (1x), Kevin Mawae (2x), Nick Mangold (2x) and Darrell Revis (3x). 

However... NICE!!!

Just goes to show (and point out) how #33 is (already) mentioned alongside some of the greatest Jets/Titans of All-Time...

So thank you for proving my point (chess, not checkers). 

Larry Grantham. Selected to his 1st All-Pro (First-team) during his Rookie year in the league. Career 5x (1960-1964). Drafted by the NY Titans.

Don Maynard. Selected to his 1st All-Pro (First-team) during his 11th year in the league. Career 2x (1965 and 1967). Drafted by N.Y Giants (1958). 

George Sauer Jr. Selected to his 1st All-Pro (First-team) during his 3rd year in the league. Career 2x (1967 and 1968). 

Gerry Philbin. Selected to his 1st All-Pro (First-team) during his 5th year in the league. Career 2x (1968 and 1969). 

Joe Namath: Selected to his 1st All-Pro (First-team) during his 4th year in the league. Career 1x (1969)

Matt Snell. Selected to his 1st All-Pro (First-team) during his 6th year in the league. Career 1x (1969)

John Elliot: Selected to his 1st All-Pro (First-team) during his 3rd year in the league. Career 1x (1969)

Marvin Powell. Selected to his 1st All-Pro (First-team) during his 3rd year in the league. Career 2x (1980 & 1982).  

Joe Klecko. Selected to his 1st All-Pro (First-team) during his 5th year in the league. Career 2x (1981 and 1985).  

Mark Gastineau. Selected to his 1st All-Pro (First-team) during his 3rd year in the league. Career 4x (1982-1985)

Fun Fact: After Jamal Adams makes his 2nd All-Pro First-team (next season) he'll rank top 5 All-Time (behind only Revis, Gastineau, Powell and Grantham). 

I have a question for you (that I know you'll rather not answer) @Savage69

• How many All-Time Jets can you name (with their first 3 years) who were voted and selected to 2 Pro Bowls and 2 All-Pro (1st or 2nd team) within their 1st three seasons of play?

• Darrelle Revis is one of them (Good luck naming 4 more). 

Nice. Real nice.

Let's just trade away our 1st and only All-Pro since dating back to 2011 for "more picks" and "more busts" for our only superstar who dominates his position.

Nice to know. 

(THANK GOD JOE DOUGLAS DECLINED AND REJECTED JERRY JONES). 

• Thumb Down 1

If they're going to trade Jamal to the Cowboys I'd want Tyron and #17 to start.  I think this is a deal you'd have to do prior to the draft in order to be able to gameplan with pick 11 and 17. I'd go WR at 11 then CB at 17. Then an interior lineman in the 2nd. Then a developmental tackle and a WR in the 3rd. Then I'd look to trade Winters for a 5th and Williamson for a 4th. Use the two 4th and two 5th on BPA. I would use one of the 5th round picks on a developmental QB that fits the system to backup Darnold for cheap and a 4th on a HB

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Because a true CB1 is infinitely more rare than a decent strong safety. Also, if you gave the Rams a do-over, they’d ship Ramsey back to the Jags for those two firsts in a heartbeat

Glad you are not GM Tom because there would probably be 15 teams willing to give up their first round pick for Jamal. 

This kids career is on a hall of fame trajectory. I’m not opposed to trading him, but I need at least two young starters. The conversation begins with a first and second round pick. 

2 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

Glad you are not GM Tom because there would probably be 15 teams willing to give up their first round pick for Jamal. 

This kids career is on a hall of fame trajectory. I’m not opposed to trading him, but I need at least two young starters. The conversation begins with a first and second round pick. 

I think you get a first and third at the end of the day.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I like Jamal as a player but he is not untradeable. 

Tony Gonzalez

Jerome Bettis

Randy Moss

Willie Brown

Champ Bailey

Marshawn Lynch 

Charles Haley

Mike Haynes

Marshall Faulk

Paul Warfield

All of these players were traded in their prime and were all the equivalent if not a better player than Adams is right now.  Stop with your nonsense that he can't be traded.  Better players have. 

Tony Gonzalez was traded @ 33 years old (not 24) lol. 

The Bus Bettis should have never been traded from the Rams after only 3 years to begin with ala 2x All-Pro, 4x Pro Bowl, 1x SB Champion with Pittsburgh and an NFL HOFer. Stupid, stupid trade for the Rams lol. 

Randy Moss being traded from Minnesota was a Vikings epic failure. 

Willie Brown being traded from Denver was idiotc. He went on to become a 3x SB Champion with Oakland. Denver traded away a future HOF great for absolutely nothingness. 

Champ Bailey should've never been traded from Washington after 5 years. They traded away a future HOF great CB who after being thrown away went on to become a 6x Pro Bowler, 5x All-Pro and in Denver's RING ON HONOR (not Washington's lol). 

Marshawn Lynch lol WTF did "Buffalo" ever win after losing Lynch after his 1st 4 years? Lynch was selected as a 2x All-Pro, 4x Pro Bowler and 1x SB Champion starting RB for SEATTLE (Not, Buffalo).

Charles Hailey after being traded from San Francisco to Dallas ended up winning 2 SB's in Dallas along with an All-Pro and 2 SBs (now in Dallas Ring of Honor). PS: San Francisco came back crawling for his services (again) 7 years later...

Mike Haynes lol be was traded away from New England @ 33 years old (not within his prime @ 24) and went on to WIN A SB AS AN OAKLAND RAIDERS. 

Marshall Faulk was traded to the Rams where they became the GREATEST SHOW ON TURF AND WON A SB. Also 3 All Pro & 4 Pro Bowls as a... Ram!

And suddenly you do realize that all trades - aren't good trades - and the trades you mentioned? lol SUCKED FOR THE TEAMS WHO TRADED THEM AWAY (hello). 

Patrick Ewing was traded away from my Knicks to Seattle. But not in his... Prime lol. 

Haha @ the cluelessness with ppl giving you potw for crappy failure trades (anything to crap on Jamal Adams even if means supporting clueless posts). 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Lol @ 23 pages despite...

A.) Joe Douglas who you all LOVE is the same GM who laughed @ a legendary legend Jerry Jones before telling him NO while @ the same time rejecting his 1st round and trade offerings. 

B.) Because of my GM JD... #33 Jamal is still a Jet. 

C.) Haha @ you (im enjoying the last laugh). 

39 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Tony Gonzalez was traded @ 33 years old (not 24) lol. 

The Bus Bettis should have never been traded from the Rams after only 3 years to begin with ala 2x All-Pro, 4x Pro Bowl, 1x SB Champion with Pittsburgh and an NFL HOFer. Stupid, stupid trade for the Rams lol. 

Randy Moss being traded from Minnesota was a Vikings epic failure. 

Willie Brown being traded from Denver was idiotc. He went on to become a 3x SB Champion with Oakland. Denver traded away a future HOF great for absolutely nothingness. 

Champ Bailey should've never been traded from Washington after 5 years. They traded away a future HOF great CB who after being thrown away went on to become a 6x Pro Bowler, 5x All-Pro and in Denver's RING ON HONOR (not Washington's lol). 

Marshawn Lynch lol WTF did "Buffalo" ever win after losing Lynch after his 1st 4 years? Lynch was selected as a 2x All-Pro, 4x Pro Bowler and 1x SB Champion starting RB for SEATTLE (Not, Buffalo).

Charles Hailey after being traded from San Francisco to Dallas ended up winning 2 SB's in Dallas along with an All-Pro and 2 SBs (now in Dallas Ring of Honor). PS: San Francisco came back crawling for his services (again) 7 years later...

Mike Haynes lol be was traded away from New England @ 33 years old (not within his prime @ 24) and went on to WIN A SB AS AN OAKLAND RAIDERS. 

Marshall Faulk was traded to the Rams where they became the GREATEST SHOW ON TURF AND WON A SB. Also 3 All Pro & 4 Pro Bowls as a... Ram!

And suddenly you do realize that all trades - aren't good trades - and the trades you mentioned? lol SUCKED FOR THE TEAMS WHO TRADED THEM AWAY (hello). 

Patrick Ewing was traded away from my Knicks to Seattle. But not in his... Prime lol. 

Haha @ the cluelessness with ppl giving you potw for crappy failure trades (anything to crap on Jamal Adams even if means supporting clueless posts). 

Lol. You're clearly irrational and not very knowledgeable. TG averaged 80 rec, 831 yds and 7 TD's per year with Atlanta from 2009-2013. 

Made the Pro Bowl 2010-2013, 1st team All-Pro in 2012

Mike Haynes was traded at the age of 29 not 33. He was a 2 time 1st team All-Pro after he was traded.

Champ Bailey was traded for Clinton Portis who was coming off a Pro Bowl year at the age of 24. He went on to play in 3 playoff games with Washington before he retired in 2010. Guess how many Bailey played in that same time frame? 3 as well.

Charles Haley averaged 11 sacks per year with SF and 7 sacks per year with Dallas. SF also won a SB without him while he was on Dallas. He was a much better player on SF.

Marshall Faulk was replaced by Edgerrin James and a lot of people said the reason for Peyton Manning's improvement from year 1 to year 2 was the subtraction of Faulk and the addition of James. Even Faulk admitted that.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A.) Joe Douglas who you all LOVE is the same GM who laughed @ a legendary legend Jerry Jones before telling him NO while @ the same time rejecting his 1st round and trade offerings. 

How do you know JD laughed in his face? The trade details are speculation not a fact. You don't even know if the Cowboys offered anything. It's pure speculation.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And honestly, don't even waste your time with a response. I don't care what you have to say and I'm sure it'll be absurd an uninformed. We all get it. You're Captain of the "Jamal Adams ball gargling team". That doesn't mean you're right or educated on the matter. If you can't look at it logically and understand why people wouldn't want to devote 10% of the salary cap to a Safety when you're going to be spending big money to Re-sign Darnold then you are irrational.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what? Never said it was an indictment. It’ll only be justification in Adams’ mind.

You’re really willing to give him $18M+ to not get turnovers? Glad you’re not the GM.

You a mind reader now?  My ability to turn around flailing units is not in question and I've turned around worse run organizations.  Although, the drafting of the past decade threads reminds us how badly the Johnson family has  run this organization into the ground.

You a mind reader now?  My ability to turn around flailing units is not in question and I've turned around worse run organizations.  Although, the drafting of the past decade threads reminds us how badly the Johnson family has  run this organization into the ground.

Exactly why I want to move Adams. We can’t fix all the mistakes of the Macc era or the Johnson’s in 1 offseason. But we can take one asset and move it for ones that will potentially help the org a lot more.
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Marshall Faulk was replaced by Edgerrin James and a lot of people said the reason for Peyton Manning's improvement from year 1 to year 2 was the subtraction of Faulk and the addition of James. Even Faulk admitted that.

just curious on this

do you know if it was due to peyton deferring to and focusing too much on marshall, and not seeing the other open guys right away?  Was it that faulk was too much of a shifty/shake-bake/wait for the hole RB and not enought smashmouth pound into the pile type of runner?  Was he not as strong of a blocker?

20 minutes ago, choon328 said:

And honestly, don't even waste your time with a response. I don't care what you have to say and I'm sure it'll be absurd an uninformed. We all get it. You're Captain of the "Jamal Adams ball gargling team". That doesn't mean you're right or educated on the matter. If you can't look at it logically and understand why people wouldn't want to devote 10% of the salary cap to a Safety when you're going to be spending big money to Re-sign Darnold then you are irrational.

The sad thing is all the players listed are arguably better and more valuable than Jamal. I'd take Jamal over Bettis and Gonzalez maaaaybe. The rest of them are sure fire HoFer's and easily all better players than Jamal, all playing more valuable positions. No sane person is taking Jamal over Faulk, Bailey, Moss, or the others.

57 minutes ago, choon328 said:

How do you know JD laughed in his face? The trade details are speculation not a fact. You don't even know if the Cowboys offered anything. It's pure speculation.

What's wrong?

A legendary legend in Jerry Jones offering a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK for our All-Pro BOX Strong Safety, doesn't fit your agenda or something? 

Weird. The truth I speak it bothers people.

I become "Questioned" by the knowledge I speak. Can't quote me on anything I've (ever) said about #33 that wasn't accurate. Quote me on it. 

Same fans who've disliked him even before his rookie season (All-Rookie team) - are still the ones who want him traded away and traded away as of... Right now. 

Hah. 

And I'm supposed to believe these people? Hah. Never. 

Sad...

Face the facts: Jerry Jones wanted our kid superstar Jamal Adams to become his next Darren Woodson and failed to acquire him; JD clearly said.... No. 

And it's funny. Old man Jerry Jones has probably forgotten more about Jamal Adams than Jet fan critics could ever even dream to know. Jamal Adams my friend, is born and raised out there in ther heart of TEXAS. Jerry Jones knows everything about him. And wants him. 

You've ever been to Texas before? Their little league teams are H.S environment in the stands.

Texas, like down here in Florida - High School Football and our Florida playoffs is life. Everyone around town knows about the legendary h.s kids soon to go pro. Fowler Jr. is right here from St. Pete. Florida Gator. Entire city knew about him. Same with the Twins. Griffin's. Big posters in our game rooms in our city. Prideful. Winky Wright in boxing. Lacey. We loved them all too many to count and all of TEXAS loves Jamal Adams. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"THE DALLAS TIMES"

"Cowboys offered first-round pick for Jets safety Jamal Adams"

The two sides were unable to come to an agreement before the deadline"

Oct 29, 2019

few hours after the deadline had passed, Adams tweeted that any reports of him wanting out of New York prior to Tuesday’s deadline were ‘false.’

“At the end of the week last week, I sat down with the GM and Coach Gase and told them I want to be here in New York,” he said. “I was told yesterday by my agent that the GM then went behind my back and shopped me around to teams, even after I asked him to keep me here! Crazy business.”

"Update (3:15 p.m.): As the trade deadline passed, the Dallas Cowboys and New York Jets were unable to come to an agreement on a deal for safety Jamal Adams.

According to David Moore, the Cowboys were willing to offer a first-round pick plus another selection for the Pro Bowl safety"..

Source added that Cowboys were willing to put together the sort of package Pittsburgh did to acquire Minkah Fitzpatrick (a 1st & switching picks on 3rd day) but wouldn't go to the Jalen Ramsey level (two 1st round picks and a 4th). 

Source: Cowboys offered 1st round pick to acquire S Jamal Adams from NY Jets but wasn't enough to get deal done. The negotiations went down to the final seconds.

MMQB’s Albert Breer has also reported the asking price for Adams is higher than what the Dolphins received for Minkah Fitzpatrick in September. Miami traded the safety to Pittsburgh along with a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 seventh-round pick, in exchange for a first- and fifth-round pick in 2020 and 2021 sixth-round pick.

Adams, a local product from Hebron High School, has been with the Jets since they drafted him with the sixth overall pick in 2017.

“I just want to win,” a somber Jamal Adams said after the Jets’ 29-15 loss at Jacksonville on Sunday". The end.

Rejected #33 Patrick Ewing style. 

Me, Jerry Jones, Joe Douglas and the entire football states of Texas and Louisiana fans all want Jamal Adams. From the South baby. Where SEC Defense is crazed for it's a culture in the SEC. ACC FSU Miami too.

New Yorkers we only talk about Joe Namath and the 68' Mets lol. 

I'll stick to the South for my football knowledge.

DWC. 2009 2010 Jets lol no Sam Darnold. 

Dont talk to me about no trade unless you're offering entire Ricky Williams draft class or at least a Mack type of packages ask JD & Dallas ppl lol

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

Who cares? The NFL is about allocating resources.  You can't be paying $18-$20 million per year for a safety when you're going to be paying Darnold probably $35 million per in 2 years.  It's just not business smart. Especially if you want to keep weapons around him and a solid offensive line. I like Jamal as a player but he is not untradeable. 

Tony Gonzalez

Jerome Bettis

Randy Moss

Willie Brown

Champ Bailey

Marshawn Lynch 

Charles Haley

Mike Haynes

Marshall Faulk

Paul Warfield

All of these players were traded in their prime and were all the equivalent if not a better player than Adams is right now.  Stop with your nonsense that he can't be traded.  Better players have. 

So a week of walls of text later you still haven't answered the most important question .....

How does Jamallpro's jock strap smell?

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What's wrong?

A legendary legend in Jerry Jones offering a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK for our All-Pro BOX Strong Safety, doesn't fit your agenda or something? 

Weird. The truth I speak it bothers people.

I become "Questioned" by the knowledge I speak. Can't quote me on anything I've (ever) said about #33 that wasn't accurate. Quote me on it. 

Same fans who've disliked him even before his rookie season (All-Rookie team) - are still the ones who want him traded away and traded away as of... Right now. 

Hah. 

And I'm supposed to believe these people? Hah. Never. 

Sad...

Face the facts: Jerry Jones wanted our kid superstar Jamal Adams to become his next Darren Woodson and failed to acquire him; JD clearly said.... No. 

And it's funny. Old man Jerry Jones has probably forgotten more about Jamal Adams than Jet fan critics could ever even dream to know. Jamal Adams my friend, is born and raised out there in ther heart of TEXAS. Jerry Jones knows everything about him. And wants him. 

You've ever been to Texas before? Their little league teams are H.S environment in the stands.

Texas, like down here in Florida - High School Football and our Florida playoffs is life. Everyone around town knows about the legendary h.s kids soon to go pro. Fowler Jr. is right here from St. Pete. Florida Gator. Entire city knew about him. Same with the Twins. Winky Wright in boxing. Lacey. We loved them all and all of TEXAS loved Jamal Adams. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"THE DALLAS TIMES"

"Cowboys offered first-round pick for Jets safety Jamal Adams"

The two sides were unable to come to an agreement before the deadline"

Oct 29, 2019

few hours after the deadline had passed, Adams tweeted that any reports of him wanting out of New York prior to Tuesday’s deadline were ‘false.’

“At the end of the week last week, I sat down with the GM and Coach Gase and told them I want to be here in New York,” he said. “I was told yesterday by my agent that the GM then went behind my back and shopped me around to teams, even after I asked him to keep me here! Crazy business.”

"Update (3:15 p.m.): As the trade deadline passed, the Dallas Cowboys and New York Jets were unable to come to an agreement on a deal for safety Jamal Adams.

According to David Moore, the Cowboys were willing to offer a first-round pick plus another selection for the Pro Bowl safety"..

Source added that Cowboys were willing to put together the sort of package Pittsburgh did to acquire Minkah Fitzpatrick (a 1st & switching picks on 3rd day) but wouldn't go to the Jalen Ramsey level (two 1st round picks and a 4th). 

Source: Cowboys offered 1st round pick to acquire S Jamal Adams from NY Jets but wasn't enough to get deal done. The negotiations went down to the final seconds.

MMQB’s Albert Breer has also reported the asking price for Adams is higher than what the Dolphins received for Minkah Fitzpatrick in September. Miami traded the safety to Pittsburgh along with a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 seventh-round pick, in exchange for a first- and fifth-round pick in 2020 and 2021 sixth-round pick.

Adams, a local product from Hebron High School, has been with the Jets since they drafted him with the sixth overall pick in 2017.

“I just want to win,” a somber Jamal Adams said after the Jets’ 29-15 loss at Jacksonville on Sunday". 

The truth I speak it bothers people. And I become "Questioned" by the knowledge I speak. Sounds like a Chinese fortune cookie.

It's pure speculation. Just  because you can find an article that validates your belief doesn't make it so. The only people who know exactly what was offered are Jerry and JD. 

JD isn't talking and I wouldn't take Jerry's word that the sun will rise tomorrow.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

The truth I speak it bothers people. And I become "Questioned" by the knowledge I speak. Sounds like a Chinese fortune cookie.

It's pure speculation. Just  because you can find an article that validates your belief doesn't make it so. The only people who know exactly what was offered are Jerry and JD. 

JD isn't talking and I wouldn't take Jerry's word that the sun will rise tomorrow.

So I guess Jamal Adams woke up mad to have been mentioned in a trade for nothing? Believe him or you? Lol

36 minutes ago, ljr said:

just curious on this

do you know if it was due to peyton deferring to and focusing too much on marshall, and not seeing the other open guys right away?  Was it that faulk was too much of a shifty/shake-bake/wait for the hole RB and not enought smashmouth pound into the pile type of runner?  Was he not as strong of a blocker?

It was about leadership.  Basically it was Faulks team and if he stayed Manning wouldn't have been the leader of the team bc Faulk was so well liked.  It allowed Manning to become the leader. 

• Upvote 1