Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

30 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Dak's a one year franchise tag and the problem is that Dallas will not be able to afford many other players after giving out 4 huge contracts. The three they did give out were at IMPORTANT positions and not a box safety.

So they're going for it, spending and trading for Adams and then letting their QB go?

Not even the point.  We cant afford Jamal and Darnold, two years and three years away but they can pay Cooper, Zeke and Adams.  And who ever is their QB 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jamal responds to the rumor with this tweet, before deleting it. Almost seems like a foregone conclusion he’s isn’t gonna end up here long term 

459BDCB3-6413-45A1-BD66-3F2C7C040E1F.png

Certainly a team-first leader of men who totally doesn’t want to be a Cowboy as soon as possible no sir

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

The art of being a GM is pegging a player's value today and in to the future. I've been in between on the Jamal situation. Because he's such an effective blitzer and tackler I say let's sign him to the biggest safety contract ever. But safety, that position just doesn't impact a game enough for me on a regular basis.

But this is a very extra-special safety: pay the man.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  Look I’m not a Jamal fan and I know the majority want him out of here but the kid is a very good player and young so if we do trade him it’s gonna cost them a lot to acquire him 

I actually don't think the  Majority of Jets fans would even consider trading Jamal Adams.  And even the Majority here on JN don't want to see him traded either. We are the deeper divers so we explore such things but I see it as a bunch of noise from the vocal minority. :)   

That said... TRADE THAT POS!!!!   hahaha 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Certainly a team-first leader of men who totally doesn’t want to be a Cowboy as soon as possible no sir

I'm ok with trading him, in attempt to be realistic of the return we may expect, what do you think of Tony Pollard and the 'boys 2nd Round and 4th Round Picks?

26 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

The art of being a GM is pegging a player's value today and in to the future. I've been in between on the Jamal situation. Because he's such an effective blitzer and tackler I say let's sign him to the biggest safety contract ever. But safety, that position just doesn't impact a game enough for me on a regular basis.

If we can't get their 17 overall, then I'll pay him.

I like Jamal, but the 17th overall in this particular draft is going to be a good player and I really only care about building around Darnold. We need to finally give ourselves the chance to cultivate a franchise quarterback. We need to protect him in the pocket and surround him with weapons; in that order. 

If trading Jamal means we can grab an OT and a WR in the first round this year, then I'm pulling the trigger.

But if we make this trade and use that #17 on a defensive player, then I reserve the right to flip the f*** out. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

On 4/1/2020 at 9:54 PM, T0mShane said:

Why would you give a massive contract to a player that isn’t even worth a mid-first round pick to another team? 

Not every good player commands a top 20 pick in a trade. If the price is right, a top 20 pick this year, then I'm happy to ship Jamal off.

We generally disagree on Jamal and we know this. I'm happy to keep him, you think he's the human personification of the Star Wars prequels.

But this year, in this draft, with these o-lineman and these WR's, I make this move in a heartbeat. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetsLife said:

He isn;t though he simply isn't.  He's good at he things you mentioned but he does not create turnovers to any great extent and he is not a force in pass coverage at all.

He is great at 1/2 of the things to make an extra special safety.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I'm so over Jamal's games. Give me a 1st and a 3rd and send his @$$ to Dallas.

1a) Lamb - WR

1b) Jones - LT

2) Claypool/Mims/Jefferson/Shenault

3a) Edge

3b) CB

3c) OL

4) RB

5) CB

6a) K

6b) P

Make it happen Joey D

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He isn;t though he simply isn't.  He's good at he things you mentioned but he does not create turnovers to any great extent and he is not a force in pass coverage at all.

He is great at 1/2 of the things to make an extra special safety.

If he was Sean Taylor, I doubt any of us would be open to trading him. 

He's a good player. I like him, despite the tweets. 

But goddam, if it meant we got say;

Wills or Andrew Thomas @ 11 and Denzel Mims or Justin Jefferson @ 17? Then I think we can be far more flexible for the rest of the draft and start to really look at talent over need. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

If they offer their first pick, I think the Jets ultimately take it

Why. So we can draft yet another bust, all while watching Jamal Adams walk into Canton as a Hall of Fame Cowboy?!?!? No freaking thank you!!!

The Saints traded away their entire draft for Ricky Williams and I wouldn't even trade Jamal for all of Dallas's draft picks; #33 is UNTRADABLE!

Jet fans: Cry for 1st round Superstars. 

Jets:  Finally get a 2x Pro Bowler and a First-team All-Pro for the 1st time since dating back to Darrelle Revis. 

Jet fans: Let's just trade him away so we can CRY after we draft yet another bust and/or non All-Pro. 

lol F you guys. 

There is a reason why Dallas wants to TRADE for Jamal Adams; and that's because they know as a front office - that they can not find anyone as great as #33 during the draft...

Geniuses. 

• Sympathy 1

Adams shtick doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I've actually grown to appreciate him, and think he's a pretty damn good player.

However I feel that where we stand in the rebuild as a football team he is not a necessity.  Adams brings more value as a trade piece. it's a no-brainer. 

Here is what worries me

Greg Williams. This coach was the unsung hero of our football team last year in my opinion. Although I think JD  should trade Adams and take the picks to fill needs at other positions,  I don't want to lose Greg Williams over it. This football team has a totally different outlook for the future if he's pissed or he leaves.

So whatever talks have gone on behind the scenes between Williams Gase and Douglas will ultimately dictate the outcome of whether or not Adams stays or goes. Again I think it's a no-brainer and if I was the GM he'd be traded already for any first round pick or any second and another combo of picks. I just don't want to see anybody Rocking the Boat so to speak.

I really like the setup we have with the current coaches and GM. I really want to see where this goes and fingers crossed that they're all on the same page. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CTM said:

ya who would replace his on field celebrations when down by 30 pts, nobody thats who

this was the same thing being said about Gastineau by the old fogies of the day.  You an old fogie man?  Don't be a fogie! 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Why would you give a massive contract to a player that isn’t even worth a mid-first round pick to another team? 

Because if they didn't have to give up the #17 pick they would pay him.  You do realize that a 1st rd pick and the $ is more than just the $ right?  Just so we're clear here. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why. So we can draft yet another bust, all while watching Jamal Adams walk into Canton as a Hall of Fame Cowboy?!?!? No freaking thank you!!!

The Saints traded away their entire draft for Ricky Williams and I wouldn't even trade Jamal for all of Dallas's draft picks; #33 is UNTRADABLE!

Jet fans: Cry for 1st round Superstars. 

Jets:  Finally get a 2x Pro Bowler and a First-team All-Pro for the 1st time since dating back to Darrelle Revis. 

Jet fans: Let's just trade him away so we can CRY after we draft yet another bust and/or non All-Pro. 

lol F you guys. 

There is a reason why Dallas wants to TRADE for Jamal Adams; and that's because they know as a front office - that they can not find anyone as great as #33 during the draft...

Geniuses. 

Hey dude I totally understand your passion.. but sorry you're dead wrong. As much as I loved watching Victor Green beheading people back in the day, I can truly appreciate the type of player Adams is. He's just not a necessity right now.

The reason he's a better fit for them is because the Cowboys are there. We are not there yet! They have the line, quarterback, running back, wide receiver Etc. They are in it every single year. We are not. That is the reason they would give up a coop to get him on their team to help push them over the top.

It's not a personal thing he's just a commodity. Think back to when the Cowboys themselves traded Herschel Walker. They used those pics to build the core of their team. That's what we need to do. And that's how Adams can really help us get to where we want to be.

Do you really want a pro bowl safety that we pay 20 million a year to on a team that goes 7 and 9 every year? Or do you want to trade Adams and build our core around Sam and start going 9 and 7 and better every year!?  It's a waste.  I agree he is an exceptional player, but the best way he can help the New York Jets is his trade value and what we get in return

It actually works out better for everybody.. Jamal, the Jets, and the Cowboys.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

If they offer their first pick, I think the Jets ultimately take it

Need more than just the #17 IMO.  Even if it's a 4th or a 5th.

My preference however, would be Tyron Smith and maybe a 3rd.  Similar caliber players at different positions but Jamal is 5 years younger.