Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Trade away Jamal Adams and not only do you backstab Gregg Williams in the back with a steak knife, trade away the heart and soul of our defense but worse than that, one day Jamal Adams will line up on the other side of Sam before ruining Darnold's career with a career ending injury. No doubt about. And the Jets would deserve it too. 

You do not trade this kid away, you simply lock him up long term. 

Sam Darnold - Face of the Offense. Franchise QB. Build around him. 

Jamal Adams - Face of the Defense. Generational leader. Build around him. 

Sam Darnold/Jamal Adams - Two beautiful (blue Chip) building blocks to build around. 

Generation Leader... Lol.

• Haha 3

Here's the real question...do we really need to be paying a LB & a Safety an ungodly amount of money in an offensive league? Please.

Quick..name KCs , LBs & Safeties. Hint.their safety was purchased as free agent & was paid WAY LESS then what Adams is going to want.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I'd like Adams if he wasn't such an ego maniac attention whore. He just bugs the shjt out of me. I wish he was more like Maye in personality. If a first rounder is offered I'd take that shjt. We could get our LT and WR in the first that way.

I actually like his attitude, its nice to see a player with fire for the game here. 

Its even nicer to have a player that is really good here too.

26 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He's a top player, the best at his position.  He's an elite player.  That's not even debatable

Exactly. 

Some of these posters are truly clueless regarding Jamal Adams. They laugh off the fact that he's considered one of the very best all around players within the game today.

Even after...

I can't wait to see how bad they laugh once he's considered a top 20 player amongst his peers (after his First-team All-Pro selection). 

Or better yet, how bad we get to laugh @ them, lol. 

• Thumb Down 1

1. He wants to be a Cowboy, the Cowboys allegedly want him.

2. He also wants his massive extension this year and is about to get very loud about it, which will play really well in the media during a devastating economic downturn and tragic national health emergency.

3. He humiliated both the GM and HC at midseason with a shameful, me-first, locker room press conference where he lied his ass off about being blindsided by trade rumors that he was pushing to create himself.

4. The GM just consciously went out and signed a bunch of low-cost, selfless, gritty team-first players in free agency, in line with his mantra of “building a culture” in the locker room. When asked about an extension for Jamal, he Francesa hand-waved the very idea of it.

5. 61 tackles, 1 garbage time INT, 1.5 sacks in the 12 other games he played against non-rookies (Minus the two games he missed with the ankle injury).

6. Incessant self-promotion during losses, which is ******* disgusting. 

But, yes, a cornerstone player whom the franchise will rush to lock up long-term at CB1 money because certainly that’s where the evidence leads.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’d like Adams more if we drafted him in the third round and he would sign an extension that pays him $9 mil per year. Alas.

I'm actually glad he'll demand 20 mil a year....ensures us all he won't be a Jet much longer. He's only worth about 9 mil T0m.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Here's the real question...do we really need to be paying a LB & a Safety an ungodly amount of money in an offensive league? Please.

Quick..name KCs , LBs & Safeties. Hint.their safety was purchased as free agent & was paid WAY LESS then what Adams is going to want.

The safety who made two huge plays in the Super Bowl for KC was a street free agent converted CB and I can't even remember his name.

EDIT: Kendall Fuller.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

It should also be noted that Douglas has gone out of his way to keep Brian Winters and Avery Williamson on the roster despite their outsized cap numbers solely because they are good, selfless locker room leaders. If he’s this serious about “culture,” Jamal should start looking for condos in DFW right now

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Jetster said:

K.C had a very good defense last year and ranked top 10 (7) in points allowed, top 10 against the pass (8) and 6th in defensive INT's so please stop acting and pretending as if Mahomes did it all by himself and/or KC's top 10 defense wasn't a big part of their SB run. 

And also have an AWESOME Safety in Tyrann Mathieu who just had a First-team All-Pro performance and selection for them just last year. 

It is an offensive league. But it will always be a defensive league (just watch the draft). Because if your defense can not stop a nose bleed; you aren't going to ever compete come playoff football. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

K.C had a very good defense last year and ranked top 10 (7) in points allowed, top 10 against the pass (8) and 6th in defensive INT's. 

And also have an AWESOME Safety in Tyrann Mathieu who just had a First-team All-Pro performance and selection for them just last year. 

It is an offensive league. But it will always be a defensive league (just watch the draft). Because if your defense can not stop a nose bleed; you aren't going to ever compete come playoff football. 

KC bought that defense after losing to the Patriots in 2018. They got Clark & Mathieu to get them over the top. Mathieu counted 5 million on the cap in 2019. He'll count 13 million in 2020 & 19 million in 2021 when he'll be cut for only a 5 million dollar cap hit. All this with Mahomes on a rookie deal. 

We're year 3 with Darnold. We're getting close to having to pay him big money. You don't give a safety 17 million a year & huge guaranteed contract. You trade him while the iron is hot & his talents can give a team like Dallas a 2 year window on a Super Bowl. Absolutely Perfect timing for the Jets with Brady out of the AFC East to build a well rounded football team. Not a defense with 2 players, one an ILB & the other a freaking safety making 34 million combined. It's just dumb! I'd rather have a slightly above average ILB & Safety & 2 stud pass rushers making the 34 million combined. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I love Gregg Williams but I'm sorry I disagree with what you're saying. Jamal Adams is self made. Rex Ryan was not the reason for Ray Lewis being great just as Gregg Williams isn't the reason Jamal Adams is great; as Adams went #6 overall during the draft (without Gregg Williams) and made the Pro Bowl (without Gregg Williams) and has gotten better during back to back to back 3 consecutive seasons and had never been "average" without Gregg Williams.  

Adams has tools and drive for sure, but what got him a lot of attention was the QB sacks.  That is pure Williams.  Adams has also greatly improved in pass coverage.  I give Williams and his assistants a chunk of credit for that.

9 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

u guys know this is april 1st right

Honestly what an easy "prank".... Stupidity at it's finest.  Sucker's take it Hook, line, and sinker and we have this plague of a debate rehashed. 

One of the best safeties in the game, fact. 

He is an egotistical prima donna and is prone to public displays of drama, fact.

Said it before, "Jamalspro's" play is very valuable to the team, but God my irrational side would love to trade him for nothing just to collect the tears of his groupies. You guys are grown men for God's sake.... Act like it.

These players are human beings I don't care about their personal lives I only care about what they do on the field for my team. I can respect a player as a man off the field and I can respect his style of play and production on it... I respect Jamal's play ... I don't respect his bravado or his "persona". Hero worship is for children.

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Said it before, "Jamalspro's" play is very valuable to the team, but God my irrational side would love to trade him for nothing just to collect the tears of his groupies. You guys are grown men for God's sake.... Act like it.

bill murray yes GIF by IFC

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Who's gonna get their first pick-6 versus the scrub backup quarterback? Who!

God, we did play a bunch of scrubs last year. Brady tore our defense a New A hole like always. Josh Allen scored on 3 straight possessions to come back from 16-0. Daniel Jones looked like an All Pro vs our defense. 

The way he acts after tackles when we're down big is no different than Robby Anderson spinning the ball after a 1st down down by 20 points. 

Both acts are repulsive. Honestly, we selected the Keyshawn Johnson on Defense. Can we ever get an All Pro that isn't an attention seeker?

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

KC bought that defense after losing to the Patriots in 2018. They got Clark & Mathieu to get them over the top. Mathieu counted 5 million on the cap in 2019. He'll count 13 million in 2020 & 19 million in 2021 when he'll be cut for only a 5 million dollar cap hit. All this with Mahomes on a rookie deal. 

We're year 3 with Darnold. We're getting close to having to pay him big money. You don't give a safety 17 million a year & huge guaranteed contract. You trade him while the iron is hot & his talents can give a team like Dallas a 2 year window on a Super Bowl. Absolutely Perfect timing for the Jets with Brady out of the AFC East to build a well rounded football team. Not a defense with 2 players, one an ILB & the other a freaking safety making 34 million combined. It's just dumb! I'd rather have a slightly above average ILB & Safety & 2 stud pass rushers making the 34 million combined. 

I agree that you can't have that much money tied up in 2 non-impact positions (ILB, SS). That kind of money should be reserved for edge rushers and #1 CBs. The Landon Collins contract skewed all of the #s for that position.

That being said, it looks like the Jets can get out of Mosley's deal in 2021 saving 5 million (12.5 million dead money). Would you feel different about paying Adams if we ditched Mosley?

Championships are not won with warm bodies or average players.  Championships are won by talented players who play with passion.  Players who have a burning desire to win above all else.  That is what over 50 years of being a sports fan tells me. Tom Brady.  Michael Jordan.  Kobe.  Jamal Adams is one of the most talented players the Jets have drafted in decades.  He plays with passion and wants to win badly.  he also wants to be a Jet.  How many lousy draft picks do you need to experience to understand that they are always risky.  We know what we have in Jamal.  I say keep him.

• Upvote 1

Call me stupid because I do not understand this sh*t. Let’s trade an all-pro player for an unknown commodity. IF, and that’s a huge if, that unknown commodity turns out to be a great player, do we then look to trade him too? 

The point is to keep our great players. Who cares if Adams is an attention whore? He’s a great leader, great locker room guy, and you NEVER hear negatives about him outside the football field. 

STFU! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Call me stupid because I do not understand this sh*t. Let’s trade an all-pro player for an unknown commodity. IF, and that’s a huge if, that unknown commodity turns out to be a great player, do we then look to trade him too? 

The point is to keep our great players. Who cares if Adams is an attention whore? He’s a great leader, great locker room guy, and you NEVER hear negatives about him outside the football field. 

STFU! 

Some people like the draft more than actual games.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Championships are not won with warm bodies or average players.  Championships are won by talented players who play with passion.  Players who have a burning desire to win above all else.  That is what over 50 years of being a sports fan tells me. Tom Brady.  Michael Jordan.  Kobe.  Jamal Adams is one of the most talented players the Jets have drafted in decades.  He plays with passion and wants to win badly.  he also wants to be a Jet.  How many lousy draft picks do you need to experience to understand that they are always risky.  We know what we have in Jamal.  I say keep him.

Jamal Adams has never won a thing in his life.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1