Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

23 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I agree that you can't have that much money tied up in 2 non-impact positions (ILB, SS). That kind of money should be reserved for edge rushers and #1 CBs. The Landon Collins contract skewed all of the #s for that position.

That being said, it looks like the Jets can get out of Mosley's deal in 2021 saving 5 million (12.5 million dead money). Would you feel different about paying Adams if we ditched Mosley?

Hopefully Mosely comes back healthy. You’ll get more right now for Adams, that’s the point of this exercise. 

12 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

With the 17th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft The New York Jets select Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor.   Jets also get Dallas' 2nd rounder for our late 3rd rounder and Dallas 4th rounder.  Dallas gets the best cheerleader in the NFL, Jamal Adams.

Horrible trade

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

K.C had a very good defense last year and ranked top 10 (7) in points allowed, top 10 against the pass (8) and 6th in defensive INT's so please stop acting and pretending as if Mahomes did it all by himself and/or KC's top 10 defense wasn't a big part of their SB run. 

And also have an AWESOME Safety in Tyrann Mathieu who just had a First-team All-Pro performance and selection for them just last year. 

It is an offensive league. But it will always be a defensive league (just watch the draft). Because if your defense can not stop a nose bleed; you aren't going to ever compete come playoff football. 

Who they aren't paying 20mil per year.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

We will just have to agree to disagree. I like Jamal, but I think your overvaluing him. Like I said, I can't see anyone offering more than a 1st and a 4th for him.

Obviously JD should try to get back more, But worst case scenario I would take just a 1st. That's just me tho

The 17th and a mid 4th for a 6th overall, 2 time pro bowl, all pro isnt a fair deal, its a terrible deal.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

At this point, I’m almost willing to trade him for pennies on the dollar just so we don’t have to talk about him anymore.

Nice. Jet fans. Not wanting to talk about their 2x Pro Bowl stud and 1x First-team All-Pro talent anymore. Real nice to know. 

And god forbid he were a bust (Vernon Gholston), you people wouldn't be able to keep his name out of your mouths. 

Funny how that works. 

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

why wouldn't a deal be possible with Adams? Meh.  this reeks of nonsense.

Because no GM in his right mind should pay a Box Safety $17M+ if he wants to keep his job long-term.  

Jamal Adams will not be giving the Jets a hometown discount.  This is the same guy that texted Ryan Clark that he'd like to be in Dallas.  

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Pac said:

He's an ego maniac that likes when people talk about him..  his big ego is the reason he's great.  he's also likely stuck in the house like the rest of us so has the time to react.

Takes one to know one.  You're an egomaniac who throws around the word "great" far too loosely.  No wonder you're one of Jamal's biggest supporters.

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nice. Jet fans. Not wanting to talk about their 2x Pro Bowl stud and 1x First-team All-Pro talent anymore. Real nice to know. 

And god forbid he were a bust (Vernon Gholston), you people wouldn't be able to keep his name out of your mouths. 

Funny how that works. 

Look I admit I’m not a fan of Adams but the kid is very very talented.  I’m fine with a trade but I need a better return.  I feel just settling for the 17th pick would just be basically giving into Dallas.  If Dallas wants him that bad they gotta pay  more

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If he was Sean Taylor, I doubt any of us would be open to trading him. 

He's a good player. I like him, despite the tweets. 

But goddam, if it meant we got say;

Wills or Andrew Thomas @ 11 and Denzel Mims or Justin Jefferson @ 17? Then I think we can be far more flexible for the rest of the draft and start to really look at talent over need. 

actually, gregg williams got adams up to speed on that he's no sean taylor first time they spoke..

• Upvote 2

Just now, Untouchable said:

No, I don’t want to talk about Adams.

Trade him, keep him, whatever.

We constantly repeat the same discussions about the guy so I might as well repeat my stance for you.

Jamal Adams is a very good player who fancies himself an elite player in the same class as Tom Brady or Aaron Donald. Despite the fact that he has a fraction of the impact those guys have.

Don’t care for paying primarily a box safety $16 million a year, especially when solid starting safeties can be picked up every year in FA for literally 1/4 of Jamal’s soon-to-be salary.

If we can get a team like the Cowboys to cough up their 1st and 3rd round picks, then I hope Douglas sends him out of here so fast that his head doesn’t quit spinning until he touches down in Dallas.

A 1st and a 3rd is a very fair deal 

• Upvote 3

Did anyone actually read the article that this guy wrote,  It is purely speculation.  There is no rumor, no suggestion that Dallas has reached out to the Jets recently.  If Jamal is not re-signed, its likley Dallas reaches out, maybe the Jets will accept less than they asked for in October, maybe the Cowboys offer more than they did in Oct.  He even suggests that it is unlikely that the Cowboys will reach out until after the draft.  From his SI article:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-dream-jamal-adams-jets-new-york-trade?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Yes, it's a business. Yes, Jets talks with Adams could break down. Yes, if there is an opening up of a window for a bidder? Dallas will be a bidder.

Can the timing of such a breakdown leading to a blockbuster trade happen before the April 23 NFL Draft? Meaning that the price Dallas would sacrifice would include a first-round pick (No. 17) in this draft? Unlikely; there is no reason for the Jets and Adams to give up on one another quite that quickly.