Mocking for Jets... OTC at round 3

Dcat

As I mentioned in the other thread, I am in a mock on another fan message board.  I'm doing the Jets and the Raiduhs.

So far, I don't love my draft:

11 - I took Thomas (the only one of the "top" 4 OTs left.)  I could have had Lamb or Ruggs.  MISTAKE, but I was hoping to knock rd 2 out of the park with a WR.
48 - Horrible.  Every WR I wanted there was gone.  my choices were Aiyuk, Claypool, Pittman.  I took Aiyuk

If I had to do over, it would be WR at 11, in this case Ruggs, and Cleveland at 48.  (Ruggs/Cleveland vs Thomas/Aiyuk)

Jets are OTC at 68 and here are my choices:

WR: Pittman, Claypool
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Akers
OL: Peart, Wanogho, Bredeson, Biadasz, Muti, Stenberg
CB: Dantzler, Pride
S: Dugger, Winfield, B Jones, Burgess
Edge: Uche, Anae, Zuniga, Kareem, Taylor
DL: Elliott, Fotu
LB: Dye, Brooks, Davis Gaither

I'm leaning WR and disappointed in the Edge choices here.  What do you think?

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Pittman is the pick

Pittman, Aiyuk, and Thomas would be a great draft. Thomas has been a victim of over scouting IMO. Would love to grab him at 11. We would be doing Darnold and Bell a huge disservice if the first 4 rounds wern't Oline and WR heavy. Finish those rounds off with a decent CB mixed in somewhere like Pride or L. Jackson would ensure we some great young talent coming in at premier positions.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen Machine said:

Pittman, Aiyuk, and Thomas would be a great draft. Thomas has been a victim of over scouting IMO. Would love to grab him at 11. We would be doing Darnold and Bell a huge disservice if the first 4 rounds wern't Oline and WR heavy. Finish those rounds off with a decent CB mixed in somewhere like Pride or L. Jackson would ensure we some great young talent coming in at premier positions.  

they only do 4 rounds usually.  Last year they made it into the 5th, but only because I set up a spreadsheet for them like the one we use here.  

So far: Thomas, Aiyuk, Pittman

Pick 79 is 6 picks away.  

WR: Claypool and others
RB: Akers, Moss, Vaughn
OL: Peart,  Bredeson, Biadasz, Muti, Stenberg, Damien Lewis, Nick Harris, Kindley
CB: Dantzler, Pride, L. Jackson
S: Dugger,  B Jones, Burgess
Edge: Anae,  Kareem, Taylor
LB: Dye, Brooks, Davis-Gaither
TE: all but Kmet are there

(I will edit this as the picks come in.)

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I was thinking either Pittman or maybe Dantzler.  I assume that CB Igbinoghene was gone or was he still available?  I'd be comfortable with him in the late 2nd round.

gone at 56.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

As I mentioned in the other thread, I am in a mock on another fan message board.  I'm doing the Jets and the Raiduhs.

11 - I took Thomas (the only one of the "top" 4 OTs left.)  I could have had Lamb or Ruggs.  MISTAKE, but I was hoping to knock rd 2 out of the park with a WR.
48 - Horrible.  Every WR I wanted there was gone.  my choices were Aiyuk, Claypool, Pittman.  I took Aiyuk

If I had to do over, it would be WR at 11, in this case Ruggs, and Cleveland at 48.  (Ruggs/Cleveland vs Thomas/Aiyuk)

Do what Macc would do.....D Line. You can NEVER have enough D Lineman.

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Pittman

And a Thomas-Aiyuk-Pittman draft would be a HR for us

On 4/2/2020 at 2:13 PM, Dcat said:

Edwards-Helaire is a beast. Picking him up in the 3rd round should be considered grand larceny. 

Helaire vision and agility as running back is equivalent to Jerry Jeudy as a route runner. Dude's talent is elite. 

• Upvote 1

The Jets are again OTC at pick 79.  I have about 2 hrs to put in the pick. No trades.

Draft Recap: 
11. Andrew Thomas; 48. Brandon Aiyuk; 68. Michael Pittman

Available:
RB: Moss, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Claypool, C. Johnson, T. Johnson, Peoples-Jones, Hill, Edwards
TE: all but Kmet
OL: Bredeson, Muti, Bartch, Kindley
CB: Dantzler, L. Jackson, Pride, 
Edge: Anae, D. Taylor, Jennings, Willekes, Kareem, Robinson
LB: Brooks, ADG, Dye
IDL: Fotu, Elliott

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Jets are again OTC at pick 79.  I have about 2 hrs to put in the pick. No trades.

Draft Recap: 

Available:

Darrell Taylor. I personally love his potential as an edge rusher, he has the chance to be a really good one. Been too long since we had one of those

31 minutes ago, King P said:

Darrell Taylor. I personally love his potential as an edge rusher, he has the chance to be a really good one. Been too long since we had one of those

I was watching Anae on video and Willekes.  Let me look at Taylor because Edge would be my preferred position, but I am all in on taking the BPA from the positions above.  No like Dantzler?  And I wish I could trade back because there are a couple of GMs behind me that are drooling for Claypool.  

Edit:  Glad I watched some.  He's high on my list for this pick now.  Over Anae, although, I'm concerned about that 1st step.  

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I was watching Anae on video and Willekes.  Let me look at Taylor because Edge would be my preferred position, but I am all in on taking the BPA from the positions above.  No like Dantzler?  And I wish I could trade back because there are a couple of GMs behind me that are drooling for Claypool.  

Anae is good pick too, I'm just personally higher on Taylor.

I'm mixed on Dantzler. Wouldn't hate the pick, but wouldn't love it either.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Draft Recap: 

Available:

Gotta be Edge. I'd go Anae, but go with your gut. But please address this need.

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm waiting on corner.  It's OL or Edge. Watching more taylor and annae for the last 20 min.

Thank you. I wouldn't even think about the CB position until 4th rd at the earliest. The rules have basically taken those guys out of the game. Everything is a penalty. Just need good athletes who can tackle, because the rules will make sure they get open.?

Anae has some motor and he seems relentless.  He'll do unconventional things if he has to.  Both have a nice upside.  Despite Taylor's strengths here, I can't resist Anae's non-stop motor and a bit of nastiness.  As the late Fred Gwynn said in My Cousin Vinny, "What's a Ute?"  Well, it's the Jets pick at #79

USATSI_11924892-e1565020618975-1024x682.

• Upvote 2