When did you become a Jets fan?

September 1992.  Was trying to get into the NFL and didn't have a team.  Some cousins were visiting in NY and were huge Jets fans.  "You don't want the Seahawks.  Cous.  Who they got?" Looking back on it, Boomer Esiason and and Rob Moore MIGHT not have been the best selling points.  But I usually settle for just above mediocre in most things anyway.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

My first game was Jets vs Giants Yale bowl—aug 1969

i was 4 1/2 

jets beat the giants 

Dad had season tickets and I’ve been going ever since. 1st team I ever hated was the giants, 2nd dolphins. 

The suffering continues.  For all of us. But I’ll never be a fan of another team. I now take my kids to the games with me.  And when we win it all again.....WoW!

I became a Jets fan in 1978. Dad gave me a portable tv the size of a toaster oven that was black and white only and could only tune in channel 7 reliably by using a wire hanger twisted around the rabbit ears supported by aluminum foil. This allowed me to sneak Monday night football into my life at an age of nine... The Jets went 8-8 that year and I only really watched them twice and consumed them through the Bergen Record.

Around 1983 I have upgraded my portable by myself and watch O'brien and Marino battle it out through the decade and fell.in love.with the Sack Exchange.

Little known fact ... During this time a guy was writing the Jets column for the Bergen Record .. his name was Pat Kirwin. Yup the same Kirwin that is on NFL Network drooling over the Pats and worked for the Jets front office at one point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

It’s was 1982, the UK started showing the NFL season for the first time. It’s was the sack exchange era, Klecko, Gastineau, and my offensive fav Freeman McNeil.

I used to listen to the American armed forces radio network. I listened to the live Cleveland v Jets double over time playoff loss, and throwing a fit when the roughing the passer call came in. I should of known better then.

Like the rest of us, I’m hoping we will be good someday.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s was 1982, the UK started showing the NFL season for the first time. It’s was the sack exchange era, Klecko, Gastineau, and my offensive fav Freeman McNeil.

I used to listen to the American armed forces radio network. I listened to the live Cleveland v Jets double over time playoff loss, and throwing a fit when the roughing the passer call came in. I should of known better then.

Like the rest of us, I’m hoping we will be good someday.

It will happen 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

I became a Jet fan in 1990.  I am originally from the Bronx but grew outside of NY.  Back home in the Caribbean, baseball, boxing and basketball were the sports to follow.  I returned back to United States to serve the Army and rooted for the Yankees and Knicks. 

I didn't know much about football but wanted to root for a NY team.  So I thought, I am in the Army and the closest thing to military is a Jet, and that's my story.  

I was dropped on my head as a child.