Jump to content
Jetsfan80

Tua Tagovailoa's medical recheck results overwhelmingly positive

Recommended Posts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108201/article/tuas-medical-recheck-results-overwhelmingly-positive

 

Tua's medical recheck results overwhelmingly positive

 
Print
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: April 2, 2020 at 03:11 p.m.
  • Updated: April 2, 2020 at 03:37 p.m.
 
 
 

 

The positive news on Tua Tagovailoa continues to roll (Tide) in.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo report the former Alabama quarterback participated in a voluntary medical recheck Thursday facilitated by the NFL Scouting Combine with an independent doctor who was selected by NFL team physicians, per Tua's reps. Results "were overwhelmingly positive."

Tagovailoa underwent surgery after suffering a hip injury that prematurely ended his final season at Bama.

As part of the recheck, all 32 team doctors and trainers were able to provide input on what exams they wanted conducted, and a comprehensive examination was performed. The results were shared with all 32 clubs, according to Rapoport and Garafolo.

Per Tua's reps, the QB has fulfilled all medical obligations.

The medical checkup comes on the heels of Tagovailoa telling NFL Network's Steve Wyche on Wednesday that he's "100 percent," and "if there was a game today, I'd be able to go out and perform the same way I was able to perform in previous years."

The signal-caller's recovery has clouded the entire leadup to the draft, which kicks off April 23. With good news emanating from Tua's camp at every stage, the dynamic signal-caller shouldn't have to wait long to hear his name called in the top-5 on draft night.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! Helps ensure us another T falls in our laps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 in Green will be mocking this report in 3, 2, 1.....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was also a report, cant remember from who, that claims the Fish and others are leery of the positive reports being pumped out there.

Hope this isnt true and the kid is healing like some are saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have to reevaluate my 'he is not going top 11' prediction. 😀

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108201/article/tuas-medical-recheck-results-overwhelmingly-positive

 

Tua's medical recheck results overwhelmingly positive

 
Print
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: April 2, 2020 at 03:11 p.m.
  • Updated: April 2, 2020 at 03:37 p.m.
 
 
 

 

The positive news on Tua Tagovailoa continues to roll (Tide) in.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo report the former Alabama quarterback participated in a voluntary medical recheck Thursday facilitated by the NFL Scouting Combine with an independent doctor who was selected by NFL team physicians, per Tua's reps. Results "were overwhelmingly positive."

Tagovailoa underwent surgery after suffering a hip injury that prematurely ended his final season at Bama.

As part of the recheck, all 32 team doctors and trainers were able to provide input on what exams they wanted conducted, and a comprehensive examination was performed. The results were shared with all 32 clubs, according to Rapoport and Garafolo.

Per Tua's reps, the QB has fulfilled all medical obligations.

The medical checkup comes on the heels of Tagovailoa telling NFL Network's Steve Wyche on Wednesday that he's "100 percent," and "if there was a game today, I'd be able to go out and perform the same way I was able to perform in previous years."

The signal-caller's recovery has clouded the entire leadup to the draft, which kicks off April 23. With good news emanating from Tua's camp at every stage, the dynamic signal-caller shouldn't have to wait long to hear his name called in the top-5 on draft night.

**** tua we need a line both ends deffensie and offensie and some connerbacks safety some resevers for Sam darnold 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JetsFanShawn said:

**** tua we need a line both ends deffensie and offensie and some connerbacks safety some resevers for Sam darnold 

 

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Redskins are taking him. Thus the dolphins will be forced to take Herbert or Love. Chargers, Miami, Washington, Bengals need QB's potentially thats 4 QB's off the board in top 6 picks.  Young, Simmons, Okudah go and thats 7.  Throw Jeudy, Ruggs Lamb in the mix in top 10 and we could have our pick of at least 2 of the top 4 OL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Belicheat was smart, he would trade up to #3 to pick Tua.  NE always has loads of comp picks, so moving up won't hurt them too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hopefully a team not named N.E moves up into the top 5 and takes Tua right before Miami's very eyes. 

Maybe.... Opening day starter for the Pats will be Cam Newton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the dolphins draft Tua and he plays 10 games the next 5 years combined

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Maybe.... Opening day starter for the Pats will be Cam Newton.

Why does everyone keep saying this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mudcat22 said:

If Belicheat was smart, he would trade up to #3 to pick Tua.  NE always has loads of comp picks, so moving up won't hurt them too bad.

Stidham is the starter in NE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

14 in Green will be mocking this report in 3, 2, 1.....

I still doubt we see him on the field until late in the year, but I hope I’m wrong.

Unlike a lot of people here (not talking about you), I don’t “hate” any player in any sport, or wish any of them bad fortune. Especially a young kid like Tua, who appears to be a solid young man.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I still doubt we see him on the field until late in the year, but I hope I’m wrong.

Unlike a lot of people here (not talking about you), I don’t “hate” any player in any sport, or wish any of them bad fortune. Especially a young kid like Tua, who appears to be a solid young man.

I don’t think anybody “hates” anybody.  Dislike?  Maybe but that’s different than hating.  As for Tua I felt bad when he got that serious injury but I’m happy for this news partly because I think this will help us in the draft when it come to grabbing one of those big OL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Why does everyone keep saying this?

For me? Just a hunch. I don’t see Belichick putting all his eggs in the basket of a young qb who throws pick  sixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108201/article/tuas-medical-recheck-results-overwhelmingly-positive

 

Tua's medical recheck results overwhelmingly positive

 
Print
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: April 2, 2020 at 03:11 p.m.
  • Updated: April 2, 2020 at 03:37 p.m.
 
 
 

 

The positive news on Tua Tagovailoa continues to roll (Tide) in.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo report the former Alabama quarterback participated in a voluntary medical recheck Thursday facilitated by the NFL Scouting Combine with an independent doctor who was selected by NFL team physicians, per Tua's reps. Results "were overwhelmingly positive."

Tagovailoa underwent surgery after suffering a hip injury that prematurely ended his final season at Bama.

As part of the recheck, all 32 team doctors and trainers were able to provide input on what exams they wanted conducted, and a comprehensive examination was performed. The results were shared with all 32 clubs, according to Rapoport and Garafolo.

Per Tua's reps, the QB has fulfilled all medical obligations.

The medical checkup comes on the heels of Tagovailoa telling NFL Network's Steve Wyche on Wednesday that he's "100 percent," and "if there was a game today, I'd be able to go out and perform the same way I was able to perform in previous years."

The signal-caller's recovery has clouded the entire leadup to the draft, which kicks off April 23. With good news emanating from Tua's camp at every stage, the dynamic signal-caller shouldn't have to wait long to hear his name called in the top-5 on draft night.

Good for him... and for the Jets.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t think anybody “hates” anybody.  Dislike?  Maybe but that’s different than hating.  As for Tua I felt bad when he got that serious injury but I’m happy for this news partly because I think this will help us in the draft when it come to grabbing one of those big OL

You’re mistaken.

There are people here who hate Brady, Mayfield, Edelman, Antonio Brown, guys hated QW, Jamal, Terrel Pryor, Spencer Long, and Trumaine Johnson and they are/were Jets.. I could go on and on listing players people here hate.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

You’re mistaken.

There are people here who hate Brady, Mayfield, Edelman, Antonio Brown, guys hated QW, Jamal, Terrel Pryor and Trumaine Johnson and they are/were Jets.. I could go on and on listing players people here hate.

I think sometimes we say we”hate”  a player but it’s not literal hate.  Hate is a strong word 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think sometimes we say we”hate”  a player but it’s not literal hate.  Hate is a strong word 

You and I might think that way, but just read the posts some leave...not everyone thinks like you and I.

Most do, but more than a few don’t.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gibby said:

For me? Just a hunch. I don’t see Belichick putting all his eggs in the basket of a young qb who throws pick  sixes.

They’re gonna see if Stidham is the next Jimmy G or Ryan Mallet.  If he’s Mallet they get Trevor Lawrence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

They’re gonna see if Stidham is the next Jimmy G or Ryan Mallet.  If he’s Mallet they get Trevor Lawrence 

Trust me- he’s not Jimmy G- and Mallet never amounted to Pooh. If they do I can’t wait to see them go 6-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That QB hierarchy (at least after Burrows) in the first round is going to be all over the place till draft day.  Sure agents are doing their best to try to blow hot air every which way they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TNJet said:

Great! Helps ensure us another T falls in our laps!

It does? Barring his checkup being a disaster...he was still going in the same place as he will now..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could have the most glowing medical report in world history and it wouldn't change the fact that I am skeptical about his long term durability. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tua gets drafted by the Dolphins, then trades Josh Rosen to the Patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

prediction Tua will be on the board when the Jets pick 

no facts or inside sources just a gut instinct

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

It does? Barring his checkup being a disaster...he was still going in the same place as he will now..

Ensures 1 team ahead of us won't take an OT. So...yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bitonti said:

prediction Tua will be on the board when the Jets pick 

no facts or inside sources just a gut instinct

 

In that case hopefully we can trade down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In that case hopefully we can trade down.  

Other than dolphins second pick(18), I don’t see a real contender that I’d even consider. Don’t want to drop out of the top 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TNJet said:

Ensures 1 team ahead of us won't take an OT. So...yes.

I think you missed the point. His checkup didn't change a thing. He's going in the same place as before. He didn't move up into the top ten with his medical checkup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...