Tua Tagovailoa's medical recheck results overwhelmingly positive

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108201/article/tuas-medical-recheck-results-overwhelmingly-positive

Tua's medical recheck results overwhelmingly positive

Print
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: April 2, 2020 at 03:11 p.m.
  • Updated: April 2, 2020 at 03:37 p.m.

The positive news on Tua Tagovailoa continues to roll (Tide) in.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo report the former Alabama quarterback participated in a voluntary medical recheck Thursday facilitated by the NFL Scouting Combine with an independent doctor who was selected by NFL team physicians, per Tua's reps. Results "were overwhelmingly positive."

Tagovailoa underwent surgery after suffering a hip injury that prematurely ended his final season at Bama.

As part of the recheck, all 32 team doctors and trainers were able to provide input on what exams they wanted conducted, and a comprehensive examination was performed. The results were shared with all 32 clubs, according to Rapoport and Garafolo.

Per Tua's reps, the QB has fulfilled all medical obligations.

The medical checkup comes on the heels of Tagovailoa telling NFL Network's Steve Wyche on Wednesday that he's "100 percent," and "if there was a game today, I'd be able to go out and perform the same way I was able to perform in previous years."

The signal-caller's recovery has clouded the entire leadup to the draft, which kicks off April 23. With good news emanating from Tua's camp at every stage, the dynamic signal-caller shouldn't have to wait long to hear his name called in the top-5 on draft night.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108201/article/tuas-medical-recheck-results-overwhelmingly-positive

Print
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo report the former Alabama quarterback participated in a voluntary medical recheck Thursday facilitated by the NFL Scouting Combine with an independent doctor who was selected by NFL team physicians, per Tua's reps. Results "were overwhelmingly positive."

Tagovailoa underwent surgery after suffering a hip injury that prematurely ended his final season at Bama.

As part of the recheck, all 32 team doctors and trainers were able to provide input on what exams they wanted conducted, and a comprehensive examination was performed. The results were shared with all 32 clubs, according to Rapoport and Garafolo.

The medical checkup comes on the heels of Tagovailoa telling NFL Network's Steve Wyche on Wednesday that he's "100 percent," and "if there was a game today, I'd be able to go out and perform the same way I was able to perform in previous years."

The signal-caller's recovery has clouded the entire leadup to the draft, which kicks off April 23. With good news emanating from Tua's camp at every stage, the dynamic signal-caller shouldn't have to wait long to hear his name called in the top-5 on draft night.

**** tua we need a line both ends deffensie and offensie and some connerbacks safety some resevers for Sam darnold 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

The Redskins are taking him. Thus the dolphins will be forced to take Herbert or Love. Chargers, Miami, Washington, Bengals need QB's potentially thats 4 QB's off the board in top 6 picks.  Young, Simmons, Okudah go and thats 7.  Throw Jeudy, Ruggs Lamb in the mix in top 10 and we could have our pick of at least 2 of the top 4 OL.

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

14 in Green will be mocking this report in 3, 2, 1.....

I still doubt we see him on the field until late in the year, but I hope I’m wrong.

Unlike a lot of people here (not talking about you), I don’t “hate” any player in any sport, or wish any of them bad fortune. Especially a young kid like Tua, who appears to be a solid young man.

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I still doubt we see him on the field until late in the year, but I hope I’m wrong.

Unlike a lot of people here (not talking about you), I don’t “hate” any player in any sport, or wish any of them bad fortune. Especially a young kid like Tua, who appears to be a solid young man.

I don’t think anybody “hates” anybody.  Dislike?  Maybe but that’s different than hating.  As for Tua I felt bad when he got that serious injury but I’m happy for this news partly because I think this will help us in the draft when it come to grabbing one of those big OL

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Print
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer

Good for him... and for the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t think anybody “hates” anybody.  Dislike?  Maybe but that’s different than hating.  As for Tua I felt bad when he got that serious injury but I’m happy for this news partly because I think this will help us in the draft when it come to grabbing one of those big OL

You’re mistaken.

There are people here who hate Brady, Mayfield, Edelman, Antonio Brown, guys hated QW, Jamal, Terrel Pryor, Spencer Long, and Trumaine Johnson and they are/were Jets.. I could go on and on listing players people here hate.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

You’re mistaken.

There are people here who hate Brady, Mayfield, Edelman, Antonio Brown, guys hated QW, Jamal, Terrel Pryor and Trumaine Johnson and they are/were Jets.. I could go on and on listing players people here hate.

I think sometimes we say we”hate”  a player but it’s not literal hate.  Hate is a strong word 

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think sometimes we say we”hate”  a player but it’s not literal hate.  Hate is a strong word 

You and I might think that way, but just read the posts some leave...not everyone thinks like you and I.

Most do, but more than a few don’t.

• Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, Gibby said:

For me? Just a hunch. I don’t see Belichick putting all his eggs in the basket of a young qb who throws pick  sixes.

They’re gonna see if Stidham is the next Jimmy G or Ryan Mallet.  If he’s Mallet they get Trevor Lawrence 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

They’re gonna see if Stidham is the next Jimmy G or Ryan Mallet.  If he’s Mallet they get Trevor Lawrence 

Trust me- he’s not Jimmy G- and Mallet never amounted to Pooh. If they do I can’t wait to see them go 6-10