Jets sign Josh Andrews (Colts O Line)

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-sign-ol-josh-andrews

Jets Sign OL Josh Andrews 

IMG_6717-greenberg-head

Ethan Greenberg

TEAM REPORTER

200312 Free AgencyANDREWS

The Jets have signed OL Josh Andrews.

Andrews played in six games for the Colts this past season, appearing in 61 offensive and 5 special teams snaps in 2019. In Week 9 against Pittsburgh, he had a season-high 49 offensive snaps at center after replacing an injured Ryan Kelly.

The 6'2", 298-pounder originally signed with the Eagles in 2014 as an undrafted free agent out of Oregon State. He spent the majority of his rookie season on Philadelphia's practice squad before appearing in 13 games in 2015 and 3 in '16. Andrews spent the entirety of following year on the Eagles' P-squad when they won the Super Bowl.

The fifth-year pro joined the Vikings the ensuing offseason but was waived/injured Sept. 7 2018. Andrews signed back to the Eagles' practice squad two weeks later before the Colts added him to their active roster. The 28-year-old, who has 25 pro appearances, became the fourth offensive lineman the Jets agreed to terms with since the NFL's negotiating period began on March 16.

https://twitter.com/nyjets?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1245810893809766400&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fnew-york-jets

A depth signing (Philly) he's familiar with?  Piece by piece...JD continues to reshape the OL.  

• Like 1

This is a pure flyer. Maybe JD saw something he liked from his play on the Colts. If he played ST he must be athletic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

you throw them all against the wall and see what sticks.

But this can't be the only plan going into next year as to the Oline.

They have to draft heavily on OL.  Otherwise Sam has a short life span ahead.

Certainly @ 11 they do. All signs still point to a good receiver or two after that.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

Depth piece. JD let a lot of the OL go that were on he roster last year. Winters is next.

McGovern, Harrison, Andrews, Van Roten, Lewis, and Winters make six interior offensive linemen who got run in games last season - five who started games - and I think three opening day starters. Doesn't leave a lot of room for draft picks. Seems to indicate Douglas may not love the interior OL class this draft.

Of course, Winters could certainly be cut. I'd be on board to see a center drafted and McGovern at guard - let Van Roten and Lewis compete for the other guard spot.

This is easily the most legitimate NFL interior offensive line depth that we've seen in a while. Problem is there's not exactly a huge gap between the starters and the backups.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, peebag said:

JD is gonna draft OL heavily in the draft there is no question.  He comes from an OL background 

• Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

JD is gonna draft OL heavily in the draft there is no question.  He comes from an OL background 

Thank God he's not a kicker, we'd have six of them, I guess.

For the people in the back: It doesn't take a genius or an offensive lineman to know the offensive line is important. The idea that he's going to go crazy in the draft on offensive line to the detriment of other parts of the team is silly. The fact that he's made a bunch of signings BEFORE the draft tells me that he's giving himself flexibility so that he doesn't have to do that and reach.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Confused 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That’s about right.  He def. fitS the mold.

What mold?  It’s more depth but it’s not like he is expected to play a big role.  We know you have zero patience but it’s gonna take more than one offseason  to completely rebuild the Oline and offense.  So far I like what he has done PLUS we still have the draft which if you knew JD’s background you knew he comes from OL so that will be a big part of the draft along with WR.  But you’ve kind of become a broken record at this point 😂 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This is a pure flyer. Maybe JD saw something he liked from his play on the Colts. If he played ST he must be athletic. 

This is part of the plan. It seems kinda blatant that Douglas's plan isn't to 'fix' the o-line. He's not trying to create a top offensive line in a single offseason. He seems to be plugging holes so it doesn't sink. They may not be good, but they'll be a start that you doesn't leave him in a position to have his hand forced into singing/drafting players. If so, I applaud him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

If he played ST he must be athletic. 

Maybe he can play gunner 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, peebag said:

Yep. Sign as many cheapies as you can, hope there's a couple diamonds among the turds.

• Upvote 1

it's either find the depth in free agency or via the draft.  i see their main need on the oline right now are tackles.  there are quite a few guys that graded pretty high outside of the top 4 or 5.

14 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Great, we're set now. Toy box full of wide receivers in the draft.

Edit: I see someone is not a big, hold on, let me check...Josh Andrews fan. John Andrews, I mean. No, wait, it's Josh. I was right the first time.

You upvote your own post with a post of the week?

Thats kind of lame isnt it?

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 8:09 AM, Jet Nut said:

I think female genital mutilation is wrong and should be stopped worldwide. Its a terrible practice. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I think JD has one or two tackles in the draft that he really loves, however if they are gone by pic 11 he’s definitely taking a wide receiver at 11, and taking a OT in the 2nd.  Especially because what some of you were saying is true, that it’s going to take more than one season to fix the line, so why not take a dangerous weapon on offense with the first pick.

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I do that because it's funny to me. Yoi know what fun is, right?

No, its not funny.  Woody Allen is funny, upvoting your own posts is just, well lame

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, its not funny.  Woody Allen is funny, upvoting your own posts is just, well lame

You sound like an expert. First time! What part about funny "to me" didn't you get?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You sound like an expert. First time!

I know you are but what am I?

Youre seriously having a hard time with someone busting your balls for upvoting your own posts?  lol, ok 

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

@Maxman

Phil, did you hire a post critic? If so, I want to do movie and restaurant reviews.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I know you are but what am I?

Youre seriously having a hard time with someone busting your balls for upvoting your own posts?  lol, ok 

Edited by Maxman
Not cool
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Thank God he's not a kicker, we'd have six of them, I guess.

For the people in the back: It doesn't take a genius or an offensive lineman to know the offensive line is important. The idea that he's going to go crazy in the draft on offensive line to the detriment of other parts of the team is silly. The fact that he's made a bunch of signings BEFORE the draft tells me that he's giving himself flexibility so that he doesn't have to do that and reach.

@T0mShane you miss the buttfumble so bad, don't ya? 

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

@T0mShane you miss the buttfumble so bad, don't ya? 

I feel like I have been targeted by this action @Maxman

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like I have been targeted by this action @Maxman

Do you remember that cartoon with the deputy that had a gun that just flopped and coughed out the bullet? That's you now.

• Haha 2