Jets sign Josh Andrews (Colts O Line)

Who gives a sh*t about signing a backup OL? I want to know if this team is improving their playoff chances. Right now that answer is NO. They SLIGHTLY, MILDLY improved the OL, but by no means do the Jets have a playoff OL. It is still well below average. They still need WR, OL, CB, and a whole host of other things. Right now? This team is still trash just like it was last season. Hopefully, later on this month that statement changes.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Who gives a sh*t about signing a backup OL? I want to know if this team is improving their playoff chances. Right now that answer is NO. They SLIGHTLY, MILDLY improved the OL, but by no means do the Jets have a playoff OL. It is still well below average. They still need WR, OL, CB, and a whole host of other things. Right now? This team is still trash just like it was last season. Hopefully, later on this month that statement changes.

So we were trash but youre complaining with improving not only starters but depth? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

This would have been true regardless of who we signed.  Jack Conklin and Graham Glasgow wouldn't have "fixed" the OL.  All that would have done was prevent us from signing depth pieces, meaning we'd be 1 injury  away from disaster.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I do that because it's funny to me. 

You know what's even lamer? You noticing it and taking the time to call me out.

Good sir,

Upvoting your own posts makes you an insta-lolcow.

Just sayin’,

JGB

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So we were trash but youre complaining with improving not only starters but depth? 

The improvements he made still equate to ZERO in the win column. Stop getting butt hurt when I tell the truth. It's not personal.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This would have been true regardless of who we signed.  Jack Conklin and Graham Glasgow wouldn't have "fixed" the OL.  All that would have done was prevent us from signing depth pieces, meaning we'd be 1 injury  away from disaster.

Negative. We could have afforded at least one name, one above average player to anchor our new OL. Douglas did NOTHING. The fact is, you pay for what you get when it comes to OL.

• Thumb Down 3

12 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

The improvements he made still equate to ZERO in the win column. Stop getting butt hurt when I tell the truth. It's not personal.

No shlt really, we haven't won a game in April?

Look who's the butt hurt one.

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 7:17 PM, NYJ1 said:

Negative. We could have afforded at least one name, one above average player to anchor our new OL. Douglas did NOTHING. The fact is, you pay for what you get when it comes to OL.

He did nothing?  Really?  Your opinion is completely invalid.  We have at least 3 of our starting spots locked down with upgrades.  That's not a small feat.

If we don't come out of the draft with a starting-caliber OT I'll be joining you on the complaint train.  Until then there's zero reason to complain about what he's done on the OL.  

On 4/3/2020 at 7:17 PM, NYJ1 said:

So just because he didn’t acquire a “high priced name”. You think he did nothing?  Over the past few years we have spent a lot of money on “name free agents” with bad results.  The guys we are acquired are actually pretty good and won’t tie us down financially.  It’s smart.  Now he still need to hit a home run in the draft but complaining about not getting a”name@ is a bit silly 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I too think that Joe Douglas signing yet another guy nobody has heard of further proves how amazing he is. 

I get this perspective, I really do.  But no one had ever heard of Graham Glasgow until late February 2020, either, yet there was quite a lot of hand-wringing over "missing out" on that great talent.  

A lot of people had heard of CJ Mosley and Le'Veon Bell last offseason.  That worked out great.

It's silly that people are operating under this false assumption that there were all these signings to be made this offseason that Douglas somehow missed out on.  The best WR on the market was Robby Anderson.  Robby Anderson.  And the best OL was a guy who has injured the same knee twice, including a torn ACL, and is an overrated pass blocker.  

All that matters is the draft.  If he sucks at that then the complaints will be warranted.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I get this perspective, I really do.  But no one had heard of Graham Glasgow until late February 2020, either, yet there was quite a lot of hand-wringing over "missing out" on that great talent.  

A lot of people had heard of CJ Mosley and Le'Veon Bell last offseason.  That worked out great.

Exactly.  Look nobody is saying we should bow down to Douglas.  He hasn’t  been amazing but I think he has made some pretty good moves and is being smart about the future.  He knows you need to build through the draft.  He needs to prove himself at the draft.  I just understand why some are being negative for the sake of it.  Nobody is as bad as Fidelio ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get this perspective, I really do.  But no one had ever heard of Graham Glasgow until late February 2020, either, yet there was quite a lot of hand-wringing over "missing out" on that great talent.  

It's silly that people are operating under this false assumption that there were all these signings to be made this offseason that Douglas somehow missed out on.  The best WR on the market was Robby Anderson.  Robby Anderson.  And the best OL was a guy who has injured the same knee twice, including a torn ACL, and is an overrated pass blocker.  

All that matters is the draft.  If he sucks at that then the complaints will be warranted.

Well, it's Groundhog Day. Again.

Well, it's Groundhog Day. Again.

I mean he’s not a Macc and he seems smarter than an Idzik. So, no, not really. Not yet at least. I don’t think free agency was going to tell much about what he’ll be in either direction.   

It’s just baffling that quite a few here wanted a splash in free agency, which is the exact wrong approach. Overpaying your way to a sub-.500 season is exactly what Macc would have done.