Why Do You Hate Mekhi Becton?

Why Do you Hate Mekhi Becton?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following most closely matches your view of Louisville OT Mekhi Becton:

• I don't hate him, in fact, I think he's AWESOME. He my #1 Offensive Tackle
    • I think he will be a good NFL player and I would be happy if we took him at #11
    • He's okay and an acceptable pick at #11
    • I hope we don't take him, I would rather have any other OT or a WR instead of him
    • I HATE him as a prospect, hope we don't draft him, he's got "BUST" written all over him

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t understand why this fanbase is so desperate to sh*t on its own young players. 

It’s what they think gets them a seat at the “cool kids” table. Gets them a lot of up reps or whatever stupid likes kids today think that makes them popular. Like 7th grade but for adults. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He was fine last year when he played. You're taking a victory lap because he's injured? Foh.

Hes fat and lazy, exactly how he was most of his life, aside from the ONE YEAR he had Generational Wealth on the line. He got drafted and seemingly immediately reverted to the norm. 

He's huge. Neat. Useless if you aren't on the field,  or have poor tech.

Carl Lawson was eating his lunch all summer, then he played 1 game and got hurt.

AVT on the other hand, is what you expect from a First Round OL...hes the same guy he was HIS whole life. Tough. Dedicated. Smart. Fit. 

It is what it is. Thought Mekhi would be a problem that high, didn't want him at LT, and so far, he has underachieved. 

So yes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s what they think gets them a seat at the “cool kids” table. Gets them a lot of up reps or whatever stupid likes kids today think that makes them popular. Like 7th grade but for adults. 

No, when you are a bad team, you don't gamble on outliers and chase unicorns.

You weigh the options, and then draft Wirfs instead of the massive guy with a history of weight control issues that relied on God given size like the biggest, fattest kid in Peewee or HS used to shoving around kids 100lbs smaller.

Hes a RT. Put him there when he eventually decides to try to play again. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Sounds like the early Quinnen Williams complaints. Big fat lazy slob should  trade him for a 3rd rounder. 

Maybe we should, you know, hang on to him. 

6'3 310 vs 6'7 400 lbs.

Structurally completely different. Quinnen was a slow starter. So far, Becton is a non-starter. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Ok let us know when it happens…

How many games has our 11th Overall pick of the 2020 draft managed to play??

Yeah. Not many. Because he's fat and gets hurt a lot. And while he looks great pushing around 185 - 230lb dudes in the run game, his pass pro is uneven a/f

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t understand why this fanbase is so desperate to sh*t on its own young players. 

A lot of people develop polarized views of players leading up to the draft (even starting 1 or 2 years prior). Prognostications abound of greatness, suckitude, and so on. It then becomes a credibility issue - the experts don't want to be proven wrong so will talk up any minor achievement of guys they proclaimed were the future GOAT and will also knock down anyone that they disliked pre draft. "See, told you so".

It happens whether the Jets drafted the guy or not - hence the frequent "should have drafted this guy (like I said two years ago)" threads.

There are already distinct themes / players being built up and knocked down ahead of next year's draft ... JD will be getting fired again when he doesn't draft a center with one of our two #1s next year, and various other scenarios.

The difference between Quinnen Williams and Becton is after his rookie year Quinnen realized he needed to come in to camp in better shape his second year and he did so. Becton, while he showed flashes his rookie year, wasn’t in nfl shape and didn’t finish several games. He even had trouble breathing in another games. The fact that he showed up even heavier the second year is a disgrace. I think we should give him another chance next year to show up to camp in great shape but I don’t feel good about his long term prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Hates a strong word

I wish he ended up being more than what we've seen so far.

Currently it looks like hes gonna be a part time player which is really sad when we were hoping he would be a stalwart at the left tackle position.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

He plays lazy his feet come to a stop and he relies on his long arms

to push pass rushers. Not a way to stop the great benders of the league.

I have seen much smaller defenders take pride in knocking the big dope

on his a** while he stood around blocking no one on a play

Fant has more active feet

• 8 months later...