Defense Wins Championships

No one is ever good enough for certain types of Jet fans...

As if longtime suffering Jet fans aren't allowed to enjoy anything nice....

Jet fans: Jamal Adams and his 2 Pro Bowls and 1 First-team All-Pro after only 3 years stinks and isn't worth anything to our defense long term. 

Gregg Williams: After coaching alongside of Jamal Adams for only 1 year, he's already become one of my favorite players who I've ever coached. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jet Fans: Jadeveon Clowney despite being on everyone's top 50 players rankings list (top 100) is a bust and i wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole ala stay off my Jets defense jag. 

Joe Douglas: Down to us and the Tennessee Titans. I'm more than willing to cut a check for $15-$17M to make Jadeveon Clowney a Jet while adding another All-Pro and Pro Bowler and top 50 NFL Player to my roster. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamal Adams: Hey media. I let my head coach Adam Gase and my GM in Douglas both know... that it pissed me off to hear about trade rumors as I love NY and unlike Revis I actually want to win as a Jet and don't want to be traded and hey media, while I'm @ it; we also need more dogs and not just Le'Veon Bell. We need an outside pass rushing dog asap (spoken like a true Jets fan). 

Jet Fans: Jamal needs to STFU because we're the only ones who've been allowed to cry over a message board while begging for a pass rusher dating back to 2005 but Jamal Adams is not allowed to relay our message to the media over Twitter. He needs to STFU and let's trade him immediately following his 1st All-Pro despite him being under contract for another 3 years if need be because he's not allowed to beg for a pass rusher just like we do. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jet Fans: Curtis Martin stunk and he was nothing more than a stat compiler and Le'Veon Bell sucks too because of our 5 Star A+ Maccagnan built O-Line. 

Jets Franchise: Let's retire Martin's #28 Jersey while Pro Football places him into the HOF as the only Jets RB outside of LT who wasn't really a Jet for long within the Hall of Fame. Thank you for your greatness Curtis and we're sorry Le'Veon Bell. We fired Maccagnan who forced fed you that atrocious O-Line last year as a 1st year Jet before hiring a former O-Lineman himself in Joe Douglas in order to rebuild you an improved O-Line.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jet Fans: Robby Anderson sucked and didn't out perform his expectations as an undrafted rookie after emerging during a meaningless preseason game and stunk because, well, they all do. 

Carolina; You're so exciting as an NFL Deep threat despite 4 OCs in 4 years... Here's $20,000,000 for sucking as a Jet so much. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And suddenly you realize. No matter how good the talent, nothing is ever good enough for these types of idk what to call them, certain types of Jet fans? lol. Revis, Adams, Robby, Le'Veon, Clowney etc etc it just doesn't matter who, because obviously no one seems to ever be good enough and no, not even #28 was good enough for them as he was nothing more than a "stat compiler'. 

There. I said it. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thumb Down 15
  • Confused 3
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Clowney is a Jet? When did that happen? LOL

Defense Wins signed him in Madden.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

And conversely to DWC's posit that no one is ever good enough for Jet fans there is the googly eyed segment of us that fawns over Darnold as the best thing to come along since pizza and beer despite him accomplishing zilch.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Fun Fact: Jamal Adams has never helped a team have a winning record in the NFL. 

Vote Kdels

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Nope. But those types of certain Jet fans claim he isn't good enough for us (just like everyone else) lol I made this thread out of sarcasm in a mocking type of way because it's how I feel. And it's true. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

And conversely to DWC's posit that no one is ever good enough for Jet fans there is the googly eyed segment of us that fawns over Darnold as the best thing to come along since pizza and beer despite him accomplishing zilch.

I love Darnold. My favorite QB since a younger Pennington.

But you need more than just an O-Line and a QB you need weapons and a defense too. 

• Upvote 1

re Curtis Martin rant. Mr Mohawk John Riggins is also in the Hof.

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Those 3 people that annoy you don’t represent the entire fan base 

You're right i just get frustrated especially having to defend the likes of Martin, Jamal and now Clowney.

Mods please lock this thread i think it was a stupid idea. I'd rather just enjoy the offseason and free agency and draft without having to respond back and forth with these types of fans. Please lock (bad idea of a thread i admit). Sorry. 

• Sad 1

Mims is going to be more valuable than Adams going forward

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

As if longtime suffering Jet fans aren't allowed to enjoy anything nice....

Jet fans: Jamal Adams and his 2 Pro Bowls and 1 First-team All-Pro after only 3 years stinks and isn't worth anything to our defense long term. 

Gregg Williams: After coaching alongside of Jamal Adams for only 1 year, he's already become one of my favorite players who I've ever coached. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jet Fans: Jadeveon Clowney despite being on everyone's top 50 players rankings list (top 100) is a bust and i wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole ala stay off my Jets defense jag. 

Joe Douglas: Down to us and the Tennessee Titans. I'm more than willing to cut a check for $15-$17M to make Jadeveon Clowney a Jet while adding another All-Pro and Pro Bowler and top 50 NFL Player to my roster. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamal Adams: Hey media. I let my head coach Adam Gase and my GM in Douglas both know... that it pissed me off to hear about trade rumors as I love NY and unlike Revis I actually want to win as a Jet and don't want to be traded and hey media, while I'm @ it; we also need more dogs and not just Le'Veon Bell. We need an outside pass rushing dog asap (spoken like a true Jets fan). 

Jet Fans: Jamal needs to STFU because we're the only ones who've been allowed to cry over a message board while begging for a pass rusher dating back to 2005 but Jamal Adams is not allowed to relay our message to the media over Twitter. He needs to STFU and let's trade him immediately following his 1st All-Pro despite him being under contract for another 3 years if need be because he's not allowed to beg for a pass rusher just like we do. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jet Fans: Curtis Martin stunk and he was nothing more than a stat compiler and Le'Veon Bell sucks too because of our 5 Star A+ Maccagnan built O-Line. 

Jets Franchise: Let's retire Martin's #28 Jersey while Pro Football places him into the HOF as the only Jets RB outside of LT who wasn't really a Jet for long within the Hall of Fame. Thank you for your greatness Curtis and we're sorry Le'Veon Bell. We fired Maccagnan who forced fed you that atrocious O-Line last year as a 1st year Jet before hiring a former O-Lineman himself in Joe Douglas in order to rebuild you an improved O-Line.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jet Fans: Robby Anderson sucked and didn't out perform his expectations as an undrafted rookie after emerging during a meaningless preseason game and stunk because, well, they all do. 

Carolina; You're so exciting as an NFL Deep threat despite 4 OCs in 4 years... Here's $20,000,000 for sucking as a Jet so much. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And suddenly you realize. No matter how good the talent, nothing is ever good enough for these types of idk what to call them, certain types of Jet fans? lol. Revis, Adams, Robby, Le'Veon, Clowney etc etc it just doesn't matter who, because obviously no one seems to ever be good enough and no, not even #28 was good enough for them as he was nothing more than a "stat compiler'. 

There. I said it. 

There are actually people here that would trade Jamal Adams to the Cowboys for their first round pick. IDIOTIC!!! 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Decades of losing and inept ownership and management tends to shape the perspective of the fan and eventually sucks them down into a cesspool of negativity and a lack of faith and hope for the future of the team.

The solution - sustained winning cures all.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

And conversely to DWC's posit that no one is ever good enough for Jet fans there is the googly eyed segment of us that fawns over Darnold as the best thing to come along since pizza and beer despite him being surrounded by poopoo

agreed.

• Haha 2

When you as a fan (many have on this site) have put together better mock offseasons on a consistent basis then what your GM did, knew that certain deals were bad right off the bat, had better ideas of how drafted players would turn out, you certainly deserve to have an opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry, Curtis Martin was a compiler.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mims is going to be more valuable than Adams going forward

Ok cool. They said the same thing about Devin Smith, Stephen Hill and every other Jets bust WR too.

Just wake me up once he's a 2x pro bowler and First-team All-Pro after only 3 years of developing.

and then and only then can you tell me about "Mims out of Baylor" being better than JAMAL ADAMS who Gregg Williams absolutely loves. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

They said the same thing about Devin Smith, Stephen Hill and every other Jets bust WR too.

Nobody thought those were good picks

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Nobody thought those were good picks

I'll admit.  I was hopeful and excited when Rex let them pick Hill in round 2. I also believed Smith would be good in the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

If he were, Not a doubt in my mind , once He puts up a 3 sack season , he gets the L Williams treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Fun Fact: Jamal Adams has never helped a team have a winning record in the NFL. 

We can lose with him or we can lose without him .

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I think if we won more it would change. Not sure it’s the people as much as the losing. “ Winning cures all ills!” 

right. here we have the jets who were actually doing pretty well playoff wise until 2010 or so and they're in the same division as the patsie who are winning 6 sbs in 19 seasons.  and right now we're in a losing streak 8 seasons long not counting 2015.  fans should be more than a little vocal.  i wouldn't worry about the criticism of curtis martin.  he was part of some pretty good seasons and deserves credit.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll admit.  I was hopeful and excited when Rex let them pick Hill in round 2. I also believed Smith would be good in the NFL.

Whenever you read that a Jets draft pick is “a project who...” you know it’s already over. As for Smith, all he ever did at OSU was go deep. And how did they not pick up on that fact that he was crazy?

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

larry david television GIF

You liked those picks???? YOU?

21 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

There are actually people here that would trade Jamal Adams to the Cowboys for their first round pick. IDIOTIC!!! 

Makes me laugh every time. 

• Drafted him 6th overall.

• Still developing and already a 2x Pro Bowler and First-team All-Pro and one of Gregg Williams favorite players he's ever coached (his words, not mine). 

• But hey lol let's trade him to Dallas for a 17th overall (chances are, bust) pick while immediately improving Dallas Cowboys entire defense. 

Makes you laugh at them every time. 

• And yes. Throw in another 2nd round pick this way we can draft even more 2nd round busts while watching Adams have a HOF career. 

Laughable!

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Whenever you read that a Jets draft pick is “a project who...” you know it’s already over. As for Smith, all he ever did at OSU was go deep. And how did they not pick up on that fact that he was crazy?

I am an optimistic Jets fan at heart.  On draft day, even if my initial reaction is nausea, within a matter of hours, the natural mental defenses turn that into strong optimism.  Always.  It has become a draft day pattern.  The brain self-medicates in bad situations.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, I hated both of them, especially the Stephen Hill pick. I remember their being a decent sized cult of Stephen Hill fan boys that insisted Stephen Hill was the next Megatron and would attack you mercilessly if you thought he was the garbage he was. That was on a different board though.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1