No one is ever good enough for certain types of Jet fans...

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Cool....

Been fun so far ...

Work From Home has been an odd experience with us all having way to much time on our hands.

Still genuinely curious if you follow the fact that I don't hate Jamal, I just don't go overboard with my fandom... For anyone... And no one is untouchable for the right price in my opinion, especially with a roster like ours that has so many holes in it.  

I get that you think that there is no price for Jamal.. I don't think that's rational... But I get the fact that it is your position.

I also don't think it is rational that you can't see some of his immature actions for what they are.

Some immature actions don't make him a bad dude or a bad football player but just giving him a pass because you love him doesn't help anyone either.

It's called disagreeing, this is me having an actual conversation with you, like a human being. It's when you become wholly hyperbolic and zealous in your Jamal love that I can't help but troll you for being such a super fan of a mere mortal, with faults like anyone... he's a football player. In the event you go full zealot I will then make comments about you praying to his jock strap and such.

Lmk if you actually read this  and any of it broke through or if we are going to continue the gamesmanship. 

Either way it's all good fun in my book.

Well?

@Defense Wins Championships

39 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Then why is he 15-31

Is that a "Jamal Adams" problem?

Or a New York Jets problem? 

Because the Jets are 373-439 All-Time. 

Hey guys. Let's blame Jamal Adams for not winning a Championship since dating back to 1968-1969 (HA!). 

You really are clueless. Guess you haven't watched much Jets football over the years. 

I didn't know that Jamal Adams played QB WR and O-Line too? Lol @ you. 

Quick. Hurry. We should trade our career losing QB in Sam Darnold too because ever since he's arrived he's had a LOSING RECORD!!!

That's how childish and stupid you sound to me. 

Hey guys. Both Darnold & Adams suck with Jet career losing records (however winners before they arrived to a crap franchise) THESE GUYS HAVE CAREER LOSING RECORDS DARNOLD AND ADAMS SUCK LETS TRADE THEM FOR SOME REAL WINNER'S

BAHAHAHQHQLOLHAGALOL

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hey guys. Joe Namath and Darrelle Revis and Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams ALL had/have career losing records as Jets. I guess they were/are the problem lol. 

You didn't even respond to my post individually. I answered all the questions too damn it!  I'm hurt lol. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

For anyone that thinks curtis was just a compiler:

Strange game to pick.  Didn't he average around 3.5 ypc?  Curtis was obviously more than just a compiler.  He was an excellent back, but he only gets discussed with all-time greats because of his durability and the length of his career.  For one game there are many guys I would take over him.  For a season a few.  For a career?  Very few. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Have you ever answered a question?  

I actually kind of extended him an olive branch... 

Looks like he is ignoring it because it would force a modicum of rationalization with people who do not see things exactly as he does.

Maybe not.... maybe he is working on a well thought out and rational response in which we will find a small amount of common ground and mutual understanding.... XD

We'll see....

tom hiddleston holding breath GIF

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Strange game to pick.  Didn't he average around 3.5 ypc?  Curtis was obviously more than just a compiler.  He was an excellent back, but he only gets discussed with all-time greats because of his durability and the length of his career.  For one game there are many guys I would take over him.  For a season very few.  For a career?  Maybe one or two. 

Curtis Martin is one of the greatest RB All-Time and the best field vision I've seen. 

Only a genius fan looks @ ypc average while ignoring 7-8 men stacked boxes because he was the only offensive nightmare. 

39 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

For anyone that thinks curtis was just a compiler:

Guess what he did the next week with the AFC championship on the line? 13 carries for 14 yards and a brutal fumble. He always came up small when we needed him.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Strange game to pick.  Didn't he average around 3.5 ypc?  Curtis was obviously more than just a compiler.  He was an excellent back, but he only gets discussed with all-time greats because of his durability and the length of his career.  For one game there are many guys I would take over him.  For a season very few.  For a career?  Maybe one or two. 

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Competitor. His best games were with the Patriots unfortunately. His game against Pittsburgh in the fog. As a Jet you kind of knew what games going in he'd be effective in and the ones he'd be totally eliminated. The Pennington effect if you will.

• Upvote 3

This thread should be locked at this point. No fruitful discussion can be had. The OP literally ignores the discussion and just keeps on hitting the original points. Also doesn't seem to understand that disagreement is okay and it doesn't mean the other side is an idiot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, TheMo said:

This thread should be locked at this point. No fruitful discussion can be had. The OP literally ignores the discussion and just keeps on hitting the original points. Also doesn't seem to understand that disagreement is okay and it doesn't mean the other side is an idiot. 

Hey man, I've been doing God's work in this thread repeatedly poking and proding the OP, while making a coherent point.?

He either sees the light and begins speaking in full sentences that formulate cohesive arguments or we get to continually berate him for being a near illiterate Jamal Jock strap sniffer, it's a win - win for us..... 

10 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Hey man, I've been doing God's work in this thread repeatedly poking and proding the OP, while making a coherent point.?

He either sees the light and begins speaking in full sentences that formulate cohesive arguments or we get to continually berate him for being a near illiterate Jamal Jock strap sniffer, it's a win - win for us..... 

“Gods work” is generally just ignoring him.  He’ll disappear soon, and be back in another few years to tell everyone in 2000 words what could easily be said in 40.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Honest question. How long have you been around these Jets message boards? He's been around forever(15 or so years) and is really a Miami fan. Sometimes even I fall into the trap responding to him but eventually he'll get himself banned.....he always does.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

“Gods work” is generally just ignoring him.  He’ll disappear soon, and be back in another few years to tell everyone in 2000 words what could easily be said in 40.

Ninja'd me.  

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Guess what he did the next week with the AFC championship on the line? 13 carries for 14 yards and a brutal fumble. He always came up small when we needed him.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Curtis Martin is one of the greatest RB All-Time and the best field vision I've seen. 

Only a genius fan looks @ ypc average while ignoring 7-8 men stacked boxes because he was the only offensive nightmare. 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

This is very true and very obvious.  I apologize for not doing "God's work"  but my work system is very slow during the day.  I have time to kill while I wait for it to reboot and not many other people are talking.  His excessive wording is almost impressive.

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Honest question. How long have you been around these Jets message boards? He's been around forever(15 or so years) and is really a Miami fan. Sometimes even I fall into the trap responding to him but eventually he'll get himself banned.....he always does.

I've been lurking here since about '08 .... Always thought this place was too much of a s***show to actually join .... Conversing here always seemed like screaming into a well ....

A few months ago screaming into a well started to seem like a good idea so I officially joined this island of misfit toys.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RobR said:

He is strange in that he provided an awfully lot of personal information for a troll.  I used to think it was one of our regular comedians, but that was a pretty extensive backstory. 

Who wants to play a game? And since Jamal Adams isn't an impactful player, this should become an easy game for any one of you to beat me in (so you think). 

Since my style of posting and support for Jamal Adams seems to be disliked (by the disgruntled): I have a pink slip game that I'd like to participate in (against any and all challengers too).

And I'm the only one who can become eliminated if proven wrong (win/win situation for everyone else).

Now is your one chance (whoever wants to step up to the plate) to shut me down and shut me up once and for all; which is what you all have been asking for, right?

So I've decided that I'll put my money where my mouth is and give all JN posters an opportunity to become a hero and turn DWC into a zero (while taking my ball and going home afterwards).  

All I ask from you is for you to create yourselves a top 10 list of NFL Safety(s) (All-Time) who could not only do the types of things that Adams has done as a Safety (regarding 3 aspects of his game, but also being able to perform all three aspects at a higher level than Adams has been able to (throughout 3 years). 

If so; I'll agree to never again show any type of support for Adams here on JN (be prepared to be challenged if not an accurate assessment with your top 10 list). 

(Let the games begin). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.) QB Hits and Sacks on the Quarterback (both go hand and hand):

• as Jet fans we've begged for pass rushers who could get after the quarterback for many of years now - both hitting and sacking the QB are impact plays; and imo there is no better way of beating up on a QB than to T-off on him with a relentless attack):

✓ Jamal Adams has recorded 12.0 sacks and 23 QB hits (an average to beat of 4.0 sacks and 7.6 QB hits (per year). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2.) Tackles for loss behind the L.O.S

• These are game changing plays and one's that (often times) turn into drive stoppers (works as a turnover would, without the punt).  

Jamal Adams has recorded 28 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S (an average to beat of 9.3 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S (per year). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3.) Averaged at least over 90 Tackles Per Year.

• As the last line of defense an NFL Safety must have an ability to tackle in open space and/or within the trenches of a front seven and is one of (if not) the single most important attribute for a Safety to feature within his repertoire of attributes (specifically SS's). 

Jamal Adams has recorded 273 career tackles (an average to beat of over 90 tackles (per year).  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will not even attach any types of crazy rules stipulations such as must rank top 5 as a run stopper and/or must rank top 10 against the pass (as Adams not only dominates against the run but also rated as a top 7 Safety in coverage (amongst FS and SS alike)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And there you've got it. 

10 NFL Safety's.

All-Time. . 

Who've (all) averaged at least 90 combined Tackles, 9.3 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S and at least 4.0 sacks/7.6 QB hits (per year)

You're a top 10 list away from making me bow down, tap out, say uncle and then declare you Jamal Adams Critics as victorious. 

Good luck, as you're going to need it (yes, he's been that good; to the point of you not being able to find 10 NFL Safety's All-Time that could do, what #33 does). 

So, you want to be a writer? 
Please stop saying "a loss behind the line of scrimmage."  If it is a loss, it is by definition behind the line of scrimmage.  It is redundant and contributes to already long posts becoming unreadable.  Also, don't bother defining the abbreviation of line of scrimmage as (LOS) unless you are going to use LOS from then on.    

I'm a Lit major ... His choices could have been stylistic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RobR said:

Not to mention it was his fumble(1999) that Vinny went to recover when he tore his Achilles ending his season.. If compiling yds makes you great then Vinny was better then Montana with more then 5,000 passing yds. 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

and his HOF speech conirmed all our suspicions.

You see, he's nothing more than a shark within the feeding frenzy waters type of fan; nothing more and nothing less. 

He's the type of crazed NY media driven person who will harp all over 1 or 2 career fumbles while posting a YouTube video as proof -  without ever acknowledging that Curtis Martin was (and still is) one of (if not) the greatest ball carrier within NFL history.                                                                                              He'll mock #28 for 1-2 career fumbles (that he can remember) while completely ignoring (on purpose) how Curtis 'my favorite' Martin touched the football (both rushing and receiving and both regular season and postseason) a combined 3,700 times (throughout 178 games) and only fumbled the football 32 times; which is without question one of the greatest ball carrying-to-fumble ratios of All-Time @ only (see below)

(1 fumble per every 115.6 touches). 

Curtis Martin only lost 19 fumbles throughout 178 career games and 3,700 career touches (an average of only 1 fumble lost per every 194 touches)

They'll talk up Freeman McNeil (1 fumble per every 39.9 carries), Matt Snell (1 fumble per every 62.1 carries) and Emerson Boozer (1 fumble per every 44.5 carries) while not realizing that all 3 of these (non Hall of Fame) Jet RB's were absolute turnover prone and fumbling machines when in comparison to (our one and only Hall of Fame RB) Cuttis Martin. 

007_pe_hof_c_martin_1of5.thumb.jpg.637bc3b4e4145d761f3318f6f0d0801c.jpg

He's the same exact type of disgusting fan who I created this thread for.

THE COMMENT SECTION: 

Posted by Tigerfan53 iconLSU.gif (@ 7:34 PM on 9/12/2018

"I think he’s an excellent safety and future pro bowler. He can cover pretty good and he’s a great tackler. He can man up with tight ends or cover the slot or dislodge a man from the ball. Also he can play spy on a running qb"

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Wow. 

It's as if those LSU and SEC crazed football fans are psychic(s) because only two years later and....

x1

497992441_ProBowl1.jpg.99eb526ce9740337f0242ccb8137dc35.jpg

1320077502_ProBowl2.jpg.2f669a6a643460dedaaffa0b1ad4bdbe.jpg

x2

GeauxPack81 is batting (.1000%). 

redfishfan is batting (.1000%). 

Tigerfan53 iconLSU.gif is batting .1000%).

LSU Alumni is 3-0 (.1000%). 

18 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I've been lurking here since about '08 .... Always thought this place was too much of a s***show to actually join .... Conversing here always seemed like screaming into a well ....

A few months ago screaming into a well started to seem like a good idea so I officially joined this island of misfit toys.

Jump in.  The waters fine!

this-is-not-fine-001-dae9d5-1.png

• Haha 3

THE COMMENT SECTION: 

Posted by LSUTigers9458 iconLSU.gif (@ 9:24 PM on 9/13/2018

"To answer this question, two years ago during the LSU Bama game after Jamal made that interception, Gary Danielson was quoted as saying “Jamal is the smartest guy on the field”. Gary then quoted Lane Kiffin when asked about Jamal Adams to which Lane Kiffin stated “The closest thing I’ve seen in comparison to Jamal Adams is TROY POLAMALU” I think that should answer your “box safety” only fans....."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Mr. Lane Kiffin but Troy Polamalu couldn't hold Jamal Adams jock strap in regards to A,) Tackles for Loss behind the Line of Scrimmage (LOS). B.) Getting after the Quarterback with QB hits and C.) Finishing off the play with QB Sacks. However thank you for the comparison as Troy Polamalu is both an NCAA and NFL Hall of Fame legend (with Jamal Adams soon to follow). 

GeauxPack81 is batting (.1000%). 

redfishfan is batting (.1000%). 

Tigerfan53 iconLSU.gif is batting .1000%).

LSUTigers9458 iconLSU.gif is batting (.1000%)

LSU Alumni is 4-0 (.1000%). 

22 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Strange game to pick.  Didn't he average around 3.5 ypc?  Curtis was obviously more than just a compiler.  He was an excellent back, but he only gets discussed with all-time greats because of his durability and the length of his career.  For one game there are many guys I would take over him.  For a season a few.  For a career?  Very few. 

I didn't go looking for his best game, just one where he showcased versatility and hard running early on since I didn't expect anyone to watch an entire game.  He ran for two tough goal line TD's in this game, was an effective receiver and ran well, twice reversing his field after getting stonewalled only to gain big yardage.  He showed some chops here.  If I was after a highlight reel it would have come across less genuine.

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2020 at 2:17 PM, nycdan said:

I get your point on Aaron but he did hit 40+ HRs a lot in an era when it wasn't so common.  He also led the league in hits twice and RBIs and HRs four times.

You want a better baseball compiler, consider Eddie Murray.  He never hit 35 HRs or 200 hits in a season but finished his career with 500 HRs and 3,200 hits.  He was one of the most consistent hitters in the game who had a great career but never really had a stretch of dominance and never led the league in anything except HR and RBI once in the strike-shortened 1981.  Nothing wrong with that and deserves his HoF spot but he's literally my poster-child for compilers in baseball.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/murraed02.shtml

Don Sutton was the gold standard when you’re talking compilers in baseball.

On 4/8/2020 at 7:27 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Then why is he 15-31?

He is?

What criteria are wins now, the Madden model?

I never heard of a teams record attached to a safety before.  

Come on, you know this is nonsense

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He is?

What criteria are wins now, the Madden model?

I never heard of a teams record attached to a safety before.  

Come on, you know this is nonsense

Maybe he should stop calling himself "The Prez" and comparing himself to Brady and Aaron Donald then.  Just a thought.

53 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I didn't go looking for his best game, just one where he showcased versatility and hard running early on since I didn't expect anyone to watch an entire game.  He ran for two tough goal line TD's in this game, was an effective receiver and ran well, twice reversing his field after getting stonewalled only to gain big yardage.  He showed some chops here.  If I was after a highlight reel it would have come across less genuine.

Its the playoffs.  We remember!