No one is ever good enough for certain types of Jet fans...

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd argue otherwise.  Numerous times he's been a step slow in coverage on throws over the middle.  That has to do with athleticism.  He lacks that burst/acceleration that a lot of DB's have that allow them to beat receivers to the ball.  

That aspect of his game showed up very clearly in his SPARQ scores coming out of school.  I'm sure @T0mShane can oblige with that graphic he's posted numerous times; I'm not sure where he found it.

But it hasn’t hampered him. All of the performance metrics, indicate that regardless of his lack of athleticism, he plays man coverage better than most safeties and he has comparable pass defenses to the best free safeties In the league.

Ronnie Lott. - Joe Montana

Ed Reed. - Had arguably the best defense to play with, but great player

Sean Taylor.  - probably the best safety ever, cut short

Troy Polamalu.  - Ben the rapest

Jack Tatum. - Let's see Daryle Lamonica, Ken Stabler, and the rest of the Raider offenses.

Ken Houston. - never heard of him

Donnie Shell. - Terry Bradshaw, and the Steel Curtain.

LeRoy Butler. - Brett Farve

Rod Woodson. - Only won with Raven's

Brian Dawkins. - 

Rodney Harrison. Tom Brady

John Lynch. 

Steve Atwater. - John Elway

Lawyer Milloy. - Tom Brady

Charles Woodson. Arron Rogers

Darren Woodson. 

Darren Sharper. 

Eric Berry. 

Bob Sanders.

Earl Thomas. - Russel Wilson

Kam Chancellor. Russel Wilson

Tyrann Mathieu. - Mahomes

You should have a good picture now.... 

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd argue otherwise.  Numerous times he's been a step slow in coverage on throws over the middle.  That has to do with athleticism.  He lacks that burst/acceleration that a lot of DB's have that allow them to beat receivers to the ball.  

That aspect of his game showed up very clearly in his SPARQ scores coming out of school.  I'm sure @T0mShane can oblige with that graphic he's posted numerous times; I'm not sure where he found it.

He profiles as a very athletic, very small ILB. Which is what he is. Can he continue to be a very small ILB and not wear down? Probably not. Nobody does. 

E82BCA0E-BC02-4B24-BDB4-810DE1CF66D4.png

589A58B0-9BF3-4131-81B6-9D50A87C7D72.png

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Compared to the HOF Safeties listed, his athleticism is a joke.  And his hands are made of stone.  

Jamal Adams is a SS/LB hybrid.  Great.  You can find adequate SS/LB hybrid types in the middle rounds of the draft or off the free agency scrap heap and be just fine on defense.  

His athleticism is a joke? I think you're the joke, because....

And not many All-Time Great NFL Safety's could've EVER tracked down JAMAR JACKSON sideline to sideline. 

Play starts @ 2:14 (and listen to the announcer as he says word for word "Jackson to run heeerreee and BOY look at the SPEED of Jamal Adams. 

As stated if you consider his athletic abilities to be a "joke" well then imo you're a joke as a football evaluator and would make for an awful NFL scout lol. 

9 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Ronnie Lott. - Joe Montana

Ed Reed. - Had arguably the best defense to play with, but great player

Sean Taylor.  - probably the best safety ever, cut short

Troy Polamalu.  - Ben the rapest

Jack Tatum. - Let's see Daryle Lamonica, Ken Stabler, and the rest of the Raider offenses.

Ken Houston. - never heard of him

Donnie Shell. - Terry Bradshaw, and the Steel Curtain.

LeRoy Butler. - Brett Farve

Rod Woodson. - Only won with Raven's

Brian Dawkins. - 

Rodney Harrison. Tom Brady

John Lynch. 

Steve Atwater. - John Elway

Lawyer Milloy. - Tom Brady

Charles Woodson. Arron Rogers

Darren Woodson. 

Darren Sharper. 

Eric Berry. 

Bob Sanders.

Earl Thomas. - Russel Wilson

Kam Chancellor. Russel Wilson

Tyrann Mathieu. - Mahomes

You should have a good picture now.... 

Yup. It's always great to have multiple Pro Bowl, All-Pro and HOF Legends leading your defense while building your offense around the QB position (team-game). 

Jamal Adams - Sam Darnold. 

I LOVE IT!

And without a Defense?

The game of Football would be 11 on 0 with no defenders to stop them from scoring lol. Could just crawl 99 yards into the end zone without being touched. 

The game of football wouldn't really be too much fun watching 11 offensive players @ QB/RB/WR/TE/O-Line without any defenders to play against trying to stop them (lol) and that's how silly you sound...

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yup. It's always great to have multiple Pro Bowl, All-Pro and HOF Legends leading your defense while building your offense around the QB position (team-game). 

Jamal Adams - Sam Darnold. 

I LOVE IT!

And without a Defense?

The game of Football would be 11 on 0 with no defenders to stop them from scoring lol. Could just crawl 99 yards into the end zone without being touched. 

The game of football wouldn't really be too much fun watching 11 offensive players @ QB/RB/WR/TE/O-Line without any defenders to play against trying to stop them (lol) and that's how silly you sound...

OK, teach me something I don't know geez lol...  Point is that while defense is important, your list of great safeties didn't win those SB's, their QB's and offenses did, and don't go into a 10 paragraph answer on which one's had an interception, sack or stop for a loss as the reason their team won the super bowl, I don't have time to read it all...

• Upvote 1

I guess only non Athletic JAGS can make an All-Rookie team, two Pro Bowls and two All-Pro's after only 3 years of play (lol). 

And for the one's saying he's not athletic? I'll take your words with a grain of salt while taking the words of Pro Bowlers and NFL coaches to heart (along with my own two eyes). 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/what-do-pro-bowlers-think-of-jamal-adams

Yea. Right. I'm pretty sure that all of those guys were paid to suck him off with high praise (lol @ you guys). 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I guess only non Athletic JAGS can make an All-Rookie team, two Pro Bowls and two All-Pro's after only 3 years of play (lol). 

And for the one's saying he's not athletic? I'll take your words with a grain of salt while taking the words of Pro Bowlers and NFL coaches to heart (along with my own two eyes). 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/what-do-pro-bowlers-think-of-jamal-adams

Yea. Right. I'm pretty sure that all of those guys were paid to suck him off with high praise (lol @ you guys). 

I'm betting intangiblez!

34 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

But it hasn’t hampered him. All of the performance metrics, indicate that regardless of his lack of athleticism, he plays man coverage better than most safeties and he has comparable pass defenses to the best free safeties In the league.

He doesn't lack athleticism, only clueless Jet fans claim it's true. 

He hawked down Lamar Jackson (sideline to sideline) and tackled a running Lamar for a loss behind the Line of Scrimmage. 

But yeah, right, I guess only non athletic jags can track down Lamar Jackson sideline to sideline, blow away sports science evaluators while earning All-Rookie, 2x Pro Bowl and 2x All-Pro honors within only 3 years (of developing). 

PS: And he's done it ALL without any CB's and/or Pass Rushers. 

I think the real issue is what ar eyou looking for?  Is it pro bowls and all pros or wins and losses?   If you want pro bowls and all pros you probably are better off sticking with Jamal.  If you want to win games,, you might be better off with some Stevon Moore/Atari BIgby level safety and resources you can pump into other positions.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yea. Right. Genius idea. 

Lets trade away the greatest and #1 current Jet and all because he was drafted into our crap Franchise (that has not won a SB since dating back to the 1968-1969 season). 

So yea, right, lets trade away an All-Rookie, 2x Pro Bowler and a 2x All-Pro all because of a losing record after a whopping 46 games...

Lawrence Taylor after 46 games: 19-27 (8 games below .500). 

Joe Montana after 46 games: 20-26 (6 games below .500). 

Bill Belichick after 46 games coached: 19-27 (8 games below .500). 

LeBron James after 46 games: 17-29 (12 games below .500). 

Bruce Smith after 46 games: 13-33 (20 games below .500). 

Deion Sanders after 46 games: 18-28 (10 games below .500). 

Ray Lewis after 46 games: 15-31 (16 games below .500). 

Reggie White after 46 games 20-26 (6 games below .500). 

Troy Aikman after 46 games 21-25 (4 games below .500). 

Brian Dawkins after 46 games 16-30 (14 games below .500). 

John Lynch after 46 games: 16-30 (14 games above .500)

Calvin Johnson after 46 games: 8-38 (30 games below .500). 

And suddenly you realize just how weird you people sound like to me.

I guess Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Calvin Johnson, Lawerence Taylor, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Ray Lewis, Deion Sanders, Brian Dawkins and John Lynch should've all been ran our of town and traded away (after a whopping 46 games played); while refusing to pay them too. 

Well thankfully NFL owners, GM's and head coaches (alike) are smarter than you (TeddEY).

And that's because it takes more than just 3 years to build a true contender around an up and coming young Superstar player (which is why all of the above had losing records after 3 years - Not just "Jamal Adams".

Dude, I don’t actually read your posts.

26 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

OK, teach me something I don't know geez lol...  Point is that while defense is important, your list of great safeties didn't win those SB's, their QB's and offenses did, and don't go into a 10 paragraph answer on which one's had an interception, sack or stop for a loss as the reason their team won the super bowl, I don't have time to read it all...

I'll give you the most recent example possible.

Patrick Mahomes: 2 TD's/2 INT's, QB Rating of only 78.1 (career QB Rating of 108.9; just to point how had bad he played).

KC Defense: 1 sack, 2 INT's and 4 tackles for loss (holding Jimmy G to a laughable QB Rating of only 69.2.

KC's defense won KC's SB last year; not their offense. 

And throughout the history of this game I can list All-Time Great Defenses who've won Championships for their offenses while leading the way. 

Denver Broncos Legendary Defense literally carried a washed up Manning to a SB title. 

Seattle Seahawks had the Legion of Boom (anyone who thinks Russell Wilson won on his own is clueless). 

Baltimore Ravens led by Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. 

etc, etc list goes on and on and on. 

TB Bucs won it led by Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber and others. 

And in 2009/2010 it was Revis/David Harris/Rex and the Jets Defense who landed us two AFC Championship Appearances (not Mark Sanchez). 

Pittsburgh Steelers Defense of 2005 led Pittsburgh too. 

Giants beat Brady x2 due to DEFENSE (especially their D-Line).  Same goes for 1991; led by Big Blue's DEFENSE!

etc, etc list goes on and on. 

13 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

#1 in tackles for loss behind the Line of Scrimmage

I still can't get over "tackles for loss behind the Line of Scrimmage". ? and you just keep saying it.

My man .... if the tackle is a tackle for "a" loss it has to be behind the line of scrimmage.... Otherwise it's just called a "tackle."

I keep reading this, as it is being written over and over, and I'm just like:

1a8.jpeg.70f12556bf515f058c1b3cc4d0e4a087.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the real issue is what ar eyou looking for?  Is it pro bowls and all pros or wins and losses?   If you want pro bowls and all pros you probably are better off sticking with Jamal.  If you want to win games,, you might be better off with some Stevon Moore/Atari BIgby level safety and resources you can pump into other positions.

Some of the All-Time NFL Greats had career losing records after only "46 games". 

You'r nothing more than the typical know it all critic (I've seen your kind before) who would've became the very first miserable little fan attempting to run the likes of (soon to be All-Time greats) Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana, Bill Belichick, King James, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Troy Aikman, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch and Calvin Johnson out of NYG, San Fran, Cleveland, Cavs, Buffalo, ATL, Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Detroit faster than an NY minute;

"46 GAMES"

14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Dude, I don’t actually read your posts.

Since we're talking about winners and losers here, what did your boy Coles ever win us Jet fans?

0 whopping pro bow as a Jet and a career losing record as a Jet? 

hah!

Two can play this game

(despite Coles being one of my favorite Jets All-Time). 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Since we're talking about winners and losers here, what did your boy Coles ever win us Jet fans?

0 whopping pro bow as a Jet and a career losing record as a Jet? 

hah!

Two can play this game

(despite Coles being one of my favorite Jets All-Time). 

I assure you I never spent my manic episode telling a bunch of people on jet nation dot com that Coles is an all time great.

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The only one's who aren't making any sense are the one's claiming that the Safety position(s) aren't impact positions (despite)... 

Ronnie Lott. Ed Reed. Sean Taylor.  Troy Polamalu. Jack Tatum. Ken Houston. Donnie Shell. LeRoy Butler. Rod Woodson. Brian Dawkins. Rodney Harrison. John Lynch. Steve Atwater. Lawyer Milloy. Charles Woodson. Darren Woodson. Darren Sharper. Eric Berry. Bob Sanders. Earl Thomas. Kam Chancellor and Tyrann Mathieu

All say hello; along with their 30 Super Bowl Championships, 104 All-Pro honors and 124 Pro Bowl appearances (combined). 

And the only one's who aren't making sense are the one's demanding to trade Jamal Adams after only "46 games" because of a "career losing record" (despite)...

All say hello after their "first 46 games" with a combined losing record of 202-350 (.365%) and 0 SB Rings (combined). 

I make perfect sense. 

23dca68836a9cfe5cf682fd76c99c4223bffea38

59 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

one's

No one brings up the w/l for Jamal until some beanbrain inevitably makes the comment that Jamal is a “winning player.” He’s never won anywhere he’s been. Not even in high school. He doesn’t win anything.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

It does indeed hamper him, because it limits what he can do to things that don't matter a whole lot in 2020.

Gregg Williams maximized his skillset to the best of his ability last year.  And all he did was have a couple nice games against the likes of Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins.  

You don't pay that guy $15M per, let alone $18-20M per.  You just don't.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

It does indeed hamper him, because it limits what he can do to things that don't matter a whole lot in 2020.

Gregg Williams maximized his skillset to the best of his ability last year.  And all he did was have a couple nice games against the likes of Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins.  

You don't pay that guy $15M per, let alone $18-20M per.  You just don't.  

He’s clearly not a bad athlete, but he’s not the elite athlete that Polamalu or Eric Berry were, which is what you’d expect for a DB drafted in the top ten. He has third rounder athleticism.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

23dca68836a9cfe5cf682fd76c99c4223bffea38

@#27TheDominator

He can't even list me 5-10 Safety's ALL-TIME who've averaged at least 90 combined Tackles, 9.3 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S, 7.6/4.0 sacks QB and a passer rating against of 75.2

(but yet claims he's not an impact player however can not find 5-10 HOF Safety's who could do what Jamal Adams is able to do). 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No one brings up the w/l for Jamal until some beanbrain inevitably makes the comment that Jamal is a “winning player.” He’s never won anywhere he’s been. Not even in high school. He doesn’t win anything.

2019 PRO BOWL MVP MATE!

Hold that L.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s clearly not a bad athlete, but he’s not the elite athlete that Polamalu or Eric Berry were, which is what you’d expect for a DB drafted in the top ten. He has third rounder athleticism.

And something like $8-$10M per year athleticism.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@#27TheDominator

He can't even list me 5-10 Safety's ALL-TIME who've averaged at least 90 combined Tackles, 9.3 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S, 7.6/4.0 sacks QB and a passer rating against of 75.2

(but yet claims he's not an impact player however can not find 5-10 HOF Safety's who could do what Jamal Adams is able to do). 

I literally never said any of those things. If you are wondering why people are writing to you like you are a nutjob, you may want to consider that it has nothing to do with any of the things you are saying about the Jets.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And something like $8-$10M per year athleticism.

Note:  I'd be willing to go up to the $12-13M range for Jamal because of the things he brings to the table beyond his athleticism.  Because I'm fair and rational like that.  

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Note:  I'd be willing to go up to the $12-13M range for Jamal because of the things he brings to the table beyond his athleticism.  Because I'm fair and rational like that.  

Yeah, but we know that’s not going to be an option. We either pay him the $16+ he wants or we trade him. The hedge is to tell him to kick rocks for two more years, but that’s not going to be tolerable.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Robby Anderson just got signed for guaranteed 1st year guaranteed $12M. 

So are you saying that Robby impacts the game more than Jamal Adams? lol @ you!

If so, I'll post box score numbers of Robby doing nothingness throughout 9 games last year and point to the fact he's never once made the pro bowl and never once been selected to an All-Pro team. 

But yet Jamal Adams only gets $12-$13M? Clueless. 

25 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Robby Anderson just got signed for guaranteed 1st year guaranteed $12M. 

So are you saying that Robby impacts the game more than Jamal Adams? lol @ you!

If so, I'll post box score numbers of Robby doing nothingness throughout 9 games last year and point to the fact he's never once made the pro bowl and never once been selected to an All-Pro team. 

But yet Jamal Adams only gets $12-$13M? Clueless. 

Yes, Robby impacted games more than Jamal. Jamal could have great games and we’d lose. If Anderson had a great game we’d win. 

Doesn’t mean Robby is a better player than Jamal but his performances are more impactful.

• Upvote 1