No one is ever good enough for certain types of Jet fans...

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Says who, you?

Because we actually had the 7th (overall) rated defense last year (top 10):

1st against the run in average yards per rushing attempt against.

2nd in run defense for rushing yards allowed.

2nd in tackles for loss behind the Line of Scrimmage.

5th in yards per play against.

7th in total defense (yards allowed).

7th in first downs allowed.

7th in Quarterback Knockdowns.

12th in QB Rating against.

12th in Red-Zone TD percentage.

16th in total points allowed

17th in pass defense for passing yards allowed.

23rd in defensive sacks.

Good point. Here's the thing.... That was with jag's at most positions, right. I'm guessing it had to do more with the coaching and scheming than the raw talent on the field, particularly that of the safety who was given the freedom to freelance to make plays while everyone else played their role to support Jamal.

21 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why just Jamal Adams?

Why not talk about trading away C.J Mosley and straight up releasing Avery Williamson (for cap savings) in order to boost our O-Line after both missed all of 2019; but yet we still featured a top 10 Defense with #33 and without them?

And why no talk of trading away Quinnen Williams for a bag of chips who just underperformed as a rookie (didn't even make an all-rookie team as Adams once did) and then goes out and gets arrested for a gun @ an airport? How many times has Jamal Adams been arrested over the past 3 years as a Jet? 

And no talk about trading away Marcus Maye in order to improve our O-Line? Surely we could at least get another 3rd or 4th for him while being 3 years older than Jamal Adams? And let's face it, Jamal doesn't even need Maye to begin with; as Adams himself made his 1st Pro Bowl selection as a 2nd year player all while Mr. Marcus Maye missed 10 games that year; crickets. 

(Obviously I'm being sarcastic because right now I'm head scratching). 

How about we give all of C.J Mosley, Quinnen Williams and Marcus Maye the same type of Jamal Adams treatment that I'm currently witnessing and then we can then call a spade a spade and begin to talk some Jets football... Wait, what's wrong; wouldn't fit the agenda? 

I like Jamal's play and style on the field.

I dislike almost everything about Jamal's schtick and persona off the field.

I don't care about liking him if keeping him  is in the long term interest of the team in both a football sense and  fiscally then awesome. I don't care if I like the dude if he is helping us win.

I'm not a detractor... Jamal is and can be valuable... I just don't think the position warrants the contract many assume he will want especially for a team as mismanaged as we have been.  The idea of that contract is just assumption at this point  he has not asked for it the Jets have not offered it. The hypothetical does not warrant the endless back and forth JN has had to endure.

But I don't "like" the dudes attitude. I think he is a me first prima donna. Whatever it doesn't matter if I find him annoying if he is helping us win games. One of many issues is that we have not been winning since he got here and he is  a valuable asset which could be traded for more of the basic building blocks of a professional football team.

What's weird to me is that you feel the need to carry the mantle for Jamal as if you were him or he was someone whom you were personally close to. He is a professional athlete and a part of the whole not the center of the universe, no matter the insatiable hard on many have for him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Dude you should stop writing Books on a message board. Might sprain your finders or thumbs. Lol

I'm sorry. I never grew up reading one line fillers consisting of no sporting insight whatsoever; however as a kid/teenager I did grow up reading actual football books growing up (as a passion of mine) throughout my childhood days as my mom and older brother would surprise me for birthdays and on Christmas day with Jet books of Just Give Me the Damn Ball, Sack Exchange, From Baltimore to Broadway, You Can't Catch Sunshine, Rise and Walk etc and When Shea Was Home and plenty of others so yes, I do enjoy reading and writing about sports (if only you could see the letters and novels that I've written to my mom, wife and daughter over the years) as it's in my DNA. I swear I should've became an NYJets beat writer this way I could still get laughed at and mocked but while getting paid for it lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

I like Jamal's play and style on the field.

I dislike almost everything about Jamal's schtick and persona off the field.

I don't care about liking him if keeping him  is in the long term interest of the team in both a football sense and  fiscally then awesome. I don't care if I like the dude if he is helping us win.

I'm not a detractor... Jamal is and can be valuable... I just don't think the position warrants the contract many assume he will want especially for a team as mismanaged as we have been.  The idea of that contract is just assumption at this point  he has not asked for it the Jets have not offered it. The hypothetical does not warrant the endless back and forth JN has had to endure.

But I don't "like" the dudes attitude. I think he is a me first prima donna. Whatever it doesn't matter if I find him annoying if he is helping us win games. One of many issues is that we have not been winning since he got here and he is  a valuable asset which could be traded for more of the basic building blocks of a professional football team.

What's weird to me is that you feel the need to carry the mantle for Jamal as if you were him or he was someone whom you were personally close to. He is a professional athlete and a part of the whole not the center of the universe, no matter the insatiable hard on many have for him.

If you don't like his personality and/or character off the football field maybe just maybe you shouldn't spend time following a 24 year old kid on Twitter lol

Me, myself personally I have never owned a Twitter account in order to follow young male athlete's around over the internet - as all I do is watch them play football on Sundays (as Facebook for my close friends and family back home in Queens has always been good enough for me regarding social media). 

And I've got sad news for you. Maybe you being a sports fan just isn't within your own best interest anymore since it's obvious that 24 year old kids (who've you've never met personally) having fun off the field and living their life obviously bothers you to the point of frustration lol and PS: most millionaire and young professional star athletes are prima-donnas to begin with so please don't become too nitpicky or else A.) You won't have too many players to root for anymore and B.) Our Jets would no longer be able to field a football team.

Did you also get upset with Sam Darnold for his off the field behavior; while instead of keeping his mouth shut (literally) and studying his little playbook all alone @ home how hs actually went outside of his home (off the field) and kissed a girl and got mono because of it? How dare him - or was it ok because he's not "Jamal Adams"? lol. 

Maybe I'm just different than you but I personally can not ever dislike or hate a young kid (in his 20's) for having fun both on and off the football field... Or on Twitter at that, lol. 

If you can watch these Jamal Adams videos below and have a disliking towards his character? You are sick. 

Not sure how after watching those videos above how any longtime suffering NYJ fan could EVER take a personal disliking for a kid like Jamal Adams lol sounds like an agenda driven and a personal life problem to me.

And I'm also curious on how any longtime miserable Jet fan could ever question his character after he's been a leader and one who was courageous enough and fearless enough to call out Veterans for a losing locker room mentality/culture under Bowles once arriving from the SEC/LSU to our Jets, celebrated the drafting of Sam Darnold live on draft night, called for more dogs last year (Le'Veon Bell) and once again called for an outside pass rushing dog throughout this off-season (spoken like a true Jets fan on all accounts).

And I've even questioned the motives of how Jet fans could ever become pissed off @ Jamal for Adams himself getting mad at the thought of being traded all because he wants to be a JET?!?

It's all very disgusting to me. 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm sorry. I never grew up reading one line fillers consisting of no sporting insight whatsoever; however as a kid/teenager I did grow up reading actual football books growing up (as a passion of mine) throughout my childhood days as my mom and older brother would surprise me for birthdays and on Christmas day with Jet books of Just Give Me the Damn Ball, Sack Exchange, From Baltimore to Broadway, You Can't Catch Sunshine, Rise and Walk etc and When Shea Was Home and plenty of others so yes, I do enjoy reading and writing about sports (if only you could see the letters and novels that I've written to my mom, wife and daughter over the years) as it's in my DNA. I swear I should've became an NYJets beat writer this way I could still get laughed at and mocked but while getting paid for it lol. 

Keep your answer under 5,000 words please thanks. I'm no College English professor.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If you don't like his personality and/or character off the football field maybe just maybe you shouldn't spend time following a 24 year old kid on Twitter lol

Me, myself personally I have never owned a Twitter account in order to follow young male athlete's around over the internet - as all I do is watch them play football on Sundays (as Facebook for my close friends and family back home in Queens has always been good enough for me regarding social media). 

And I've got sad news for you. Maybe you being a sports fan just isn't within your own best interest anymore since it's obvious that 24 year old kids (who've you've never met personally) having fun off the field and living their life obviously bothers you to the point of frustration lol and PS: most millionaire and young professional star athletes are prima-donnas to begin with so please don't become too nitpicky or else A.) You won't have too many players to root for anymore and B.) Our Jets would no longer be able to field a football team.

Did you also get upset with Sam Darnold for his off the field behavior; while instead of keeping his mouth shut (literally) and studying his little playbook all alone @ home how hs actually went outside of his home (off the field) and kissed a girl and got mono because of it? How dare him - or was it ok because he's not "Jamal Adams"? lol. 

Maybe I'm just different than you but I personally can not ever dislike or hate a young kid (in his 20's) for having fun both on and off the football field... Or on Twitter at that, lol. 

If you can watch these Jamal Adams videos below and have a disliking towards his character? You are sick. 

Not sure how after watching those videos above how any longtime suffering NYJ fan could EVER take a personal disliking for a kid like Jamal Adams lol sounds like an agenda driven and a personal life problem to me.

And I'm also curious on how any longtime miserable Jet fan could ever question his character after he's been a leader and one who was courageous enough and fearless enough to call out Veterans for a losing locker room mentality/culture under Bowles once arriving from the SEC/LSU to our Jets, celebrated the drafting of Sam Darnold live on draft night, called for more dogs last year (Le'Veon Bell) and once again called for an outside pass rushing dog throughout this off-season (spoken like a true Jets fan on all accounts).

And I've even questioned the motives of how Jet fans could ever become pissed off @ Jamal for Adams himself getting mad at the thought of being traded all because he wants to be a JET?!?

Prez, when did you join the Jetnation Forums man?? I need an autograph.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If you enjoy writing about sports, you should really work on your technique.  Almost all of your posts can be edited down by 66% and they would contain the same content and be more effective.  This isn't 5th grade, you don't have to count words to finish your book report.

55 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

So bragging like a knucklehead on twitter and catching a viral infection are...the same thing?

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No thank you. 

I don't want Ruggs and his fast 40 yard dash times; as Ruggs has pulled off nothing but disappearing act's throughout 3 consecutive bowl game appearances (while his teammate Jerry Jeudy stole the show with 15 receptions, well over 400+ receiving yards, 3 TD receptions and a bowl game MVP award). I want either Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb; which doesn't require trading away the best defensive Jet in #33 Jamal Adams since dating back to #24 Darrelle Revis in order for that to happen (Jeudy/CeeDee). 

• And in order to become a great team you first need at least a couple of great players and Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams are two great building blocks to build an offense and defense around consisting of Franchise caliber leaders and blue chip prospects/talents on both sides of the ball (Darnold/Adams). 

And who the heck would even want to just trade away a player like this to begin with after...

J.) All-Rookie team honors (253 players drafted ala a top 10% player of his 2017 draft class). 

A.) First time Pro Bowl selection as only a 2nd year player (while Marcus Maye missed almost the entire season).

M.) Two time Pro Bowl selection and a First-team All-Pro selection during his 3rd year (despite having never played alongside of a proven #1 CB, never played with an outside pass rushing threat of an OLB/DE and was robbed and opportunity to line up with C.J Mosley last year). 

A.) Almost set/broke the All-Time single season NFL sack record regarding secondary players (Outside CB's, Nickel & Dime backs, Free Safety's and Strong Safety's alike) and for a Franchise that hasn't featured a pass rusher since dating back to the days of John Abraham of 2000-2005 (has already developed into one of the greatest secondary pass rushers who's ever lived to play this game). 

L.) Featured as a top 100 NFL player and ranked 37th after only two years of developing (only 12 defensive players were rated and ranked ahead of Jamal Adams after only his 2nd NFL season, hello) and will soon skyrocket into the top 20 after becoming a First-team All-Pro selection this past season (3rd year). 

A.) And I just so happen to love the position that he plays along with appreciating the style in which he plays his position and Super Bowl Winning teams such as San Francisco, Green Bay, Dallas, Tampa Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Kansas City have all won Super Bowl(s) with hard hitting and exiting Strong Safety's who've all played their SS position with Linebacker like ability in Ronnie Lott, LeRoy Butler, Darren Woodson, John Lynch, Rodney Harrison, Troy Polamalu, Kam Chancellor and Tyrann Mathleu (who have all gone down as All-Time fan favorites of their respected Franchises). 

D.) He wants to win here as a Jet and has made it known that he doesn't want to be traded away from here (pissed him off and I loved it) and has reminded me of and has sounded just like many of us longtime suffering Jet fans as he immediately called out veterans within Todd Bowles locker room because of a losing mentality once arriving from the SEC/LSU, celebrated the drafting of Sam Darnold while going live for the Sam pick, called for more dogs such as Le'Veon Bell and C.J Mosley just last off-season (heavily involved as an off the field player recruiter) and during our current Free Agency period has also begged for more outside pass rushing dogs ala has spoken like a true Jets fan dating back to day one. 

A.) Has always been a vocal leader within the huddle and knows how to communicate with his teammates on the field. The way he dances with excitement and fires up his teammates with an energized passion for the game has always reminded me of a Ray Lewis type of vocal/energetic/passionate leader. 

M.) It only took less than 1 year alongside of Gregg Williams for Gregg Williams himself to realize that Jamal Adams has already became one of his favorite players that he's ever coached (that type of high praise from Gregg Williams was and is good enough for me). 

S.) Still only 24 years of age (3 years younger than his teammate Marcus Maye), still developing, still learning, still getting better, has improved his production each and every season thus far, has yet to reach full/max potential within his golden/prime years, made another Pro Bowl and First-team All-Pro honors during his first year within a Gregg Williams defense and most importantly; the best of Jamal Adams (after only 3 seasons) has yet to happen (as he's just now getting started). 

Are you all illiterate and can't read between the lines, or do I have to spell it out for you each and every time?

Well. There you all have it; and I bet that no Jamal Adams critic around here can come up with and give me 10 examples of what they dislike about #33 (without me afterwards laughing @ them and their reasonings)....

Agree about possibly taking one of the WRs. But if we can trade Adams and grab a monster LT, get a 4th rounder to boot and sign a replacement level SS at a fraction of Adams' cap number, that is a way better NFL team. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one here would disagree about paying the likes of a Deshaun Watson or Nick Bosa at the end of their deals. It’s all about paying worthy players at PREMIUM POSITIONS. Contrary to popular opinion, people really did want to pay Revis coming off his 2009 season. They just didn’t like how long Revis held out. He had an excellent 2010 season and people didn’t complain again until his level of play dropped.   

The problem isn’t Jets fans being unwilling to pay a player. It’s the Jets consistently making the wrong picks. Even when we pick a good player (like Adams), it was the wrong pick.

Your tired line is getting old, and it’s dead wrong.

I don’t think so. When’s the last time a big jets contract was lauded? Maybe mangold? 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I don’t think so. When’s the last time a big jets contract was lauded? Maybe mangold? 

I think everyone was pretty much on board with Bricks extension. The Revis bandaid deal too. The Jets just havent had guys at key positions worth paying.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think everyone was pretty much on board with Bricks extension. The Revis bandaid deal too. The Jets just havent had guys at key positions worth paying.

It will be interesting how Jets fans respond to Adams and Darnold extensions.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Which seems strange.  Great as he was, Mangold is probably a good example of poor value for position.

I really can’t remember a Jet getting paid where everyone was happy about. Granted we have sucked so long not many have been worth it.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, jgb said:

It will be interesting how Jets fans respond to Adams and Darnold extensions.

The Jets and the fanbase have always been relatively bad at self scouting the roster/pay allocation. It's a puzzle where every team has to play by the same rules in terms of allocating money to positions and assigning appropriate value. The Patriots are ruthless which is whey they've been so good. They solved it and realize most positions are the same and that there's a big enough supply via FA and the draft to basically replace anyone. While the Patriots move guys like Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins the Jets pay guys like Trumaine Johnson and Mark Sanchez.

This is a huge year for Darnold, but im afraid with the owners already seeing him as the savior and with the CAA conflict of interest, he'll be able to write his own check. Adams is a little different because I get the impression he's rubbing guys the wrong way and Williams isnt his biggest fan either. It's unfortunately not because they realize his positional value isnt in line with a max contract, but IDK maybe Douglas is in fact different. I doubt it though.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Bugg said:

So bragging like a knucklehead on twitter and catching a viral infection are...the same thing?

The Sam example was based on sarcasm.

And as a grown ass man what are you even doing following a young 24 year old kid and male athlete over the computer on Twitter to begin with? That's my question...

And what could he possibly be bragging about that could possibly upset and frustrate you? The fact that he's a self made millionaire who's had a love and passion for the game since his childhood days with self confidence as one of the greatest defensive players within the game today and talking up his Pro Bowl selections and All-Pro honors? You envying with jealousy, bro?

The kid is living out his life long dream so just shut up already and deal with it and wake me up when he's arrested for nutting in a police officers wife's eye, arrested at an NY airport for a firearm and/or busted for marijuana speeding with children in the car lol you all are sharks within the waters and it's pretty sad dude. 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets and the fanbase have always been relatively bad at self scouting the roster/pay allocation. It's a puzzle where every team has to play by the same rules in terms of allocating money to positions and assigning appropriate value. The Patriots are ruthless which is whey they've been so good. They solved it and realize most positions are the same and there's big enough supply via FA and the draft to basically replace anyone. While the Patriots move guys like Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins the Jets pay guys like Trumaine Johnson and Mark Sanchez.

This is a huge year for Darnold, but im afraid with the owners already seeing him as the savior and the CAA conflict of interest, he'll be able to write his own check. Adams is a little different because I get the impression he's rubbing guys the wrong way and Williams isnt his biggest fan either. It's unfortunately not because they realize his positional value isnt in line with a max contract.

great post and I agree 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

1)While the Patriots move guys like Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins the Jets pay guys like Trumaine Johnson and Mark Sanchez.

2)This is a huge year for Darnold, but im afraid with the owners already seeing him as the savior and the CAA conflict of interest, he'll be able to write his own check. Adams is a little different because I get the impression he's rubbing guys the wrong way and Williams isnt his biggest fan either. It's unfortunately not because they realize his positional value isnt in line with a max contract, but IDK maybe Douglas is in fact different. I doubt it though.

2 excellent points...

'specially the unwarranted annointing of a bottom tier QB 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

its always sunny in philadelphia shut up GIF

• Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets and the fanbase have always been relatively bad at self scouting the roster/pay allocation. It's a puzzle where every team has to play by the same rules in terms of allocating money to positions and assigning appropriate value. The Patriots are ruthless which is whey they've been so good. They solved it and realize most positions are the same and that there's a big enough supply via FA and the draft to basically replace anyone. While the Patriots move guys like Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins the Jets pay guys like Trumaine Johnson and Mark Sanchez.

This is a huge year for Darnold, but im afraid with the owners already seeing him as the savior and the CAA conflict of interest, he'll be able to write his own check. Adams is a little different because I get the impression he's rubbing guys the wrong way and Williams isnt his biggest fan either. It's unfortunately not because they realize his positional value isnt in line with a max contract, but IDK maybe Douglas is in fact different. I doubt it though.

All of this is spot on, although I think I'm more bullish on Darnold than you are, but we agree that this year coming up will be the year where we find out if he's a mediocre starter or a franchise quarterback. 

Good point on the CAA conflict of interest w/ Sam, though. I forgot that Darnold, Gase & Joe D are all represented by the same agency... 

Anyways, I'm less concerned about JA right now whether we re-sign him or trade him - I'm pretty much fine with either. I'm far more concerned about putting my quarterback out there in his career defining year with George Fant and Chuma Edoga at either tackle position. I don't want to be sitting here a year from now saying "well, we can't really know how good Sam is because his offensive tackles were turnstiles."

Whether via draft, trade or post June cuts, we still need to bolster this offense - if for no other reason to find out if Darnold is for real. I think he is... but I want to be sure. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

So first thing .... Are you even responding to anything I said? I never said I hated the kid .... I don't have any feelings or emotions towards him one way or the other. You on the other hand have a lot of strong emotions regarding Jamal. 

I can simultaneously not have any feelings towards Jamal, acknowledge he is a valuable to the team, and think some of his actions come off as him being a d-bag, I'm just not a fan of his personality. It's no skin off my back if he acts that way, but apparently it is some skin off your back if other posters here see some of his actions differently than you do.

That's the point from where I'm sitting and what I find so interesting about your posts. You're not even responding to me you're constantly to busy addressing anyone who you have perceived as slighting Adams at any point in your endless defense of him to stay on target.

"So me, myself personally I have never owned a Twitter account" either and don't "spend my time following young male athletes all around the internet." At 31years of age  I do not have a single social media account. This is as close to social media as I get.

The things I see from Jamal are posted places like this or bleacher report and I don't get mad because as I stated him acting in a way that I perceive as being a d-bag  has no bearing on his play, his play for the team I have rooted for my entire life. I'm a Jets fan not a Jamal Adams fan. You seem to think they are mutually exclusive propositions.

We could have a team full of D-bags and I wouldn't care as long as we were winning. I'm not emotionally invested in the individuals. If having him on the team is in the best interest of the team awesome keep him, if we can trade him and that's in our best interest cool do that, I don't really care. Those types of decisions shouldn't be made by people who are emotionally invested in the first place. Unlike you I'm not into the hero worshipping side of being a sports fan. 

That's been my argument the entirety of the time. I couldn't care less about Jamal's personal life or the fact that I think he is a loud mouth prima donna etc. I care about the Jets winning football games. This off-season has been one thread after another hijacked by the Jamal debate. Just when it was dying down you show up too ram it back down everyone's throats.

You are very emotionally invested in Jamal good for you I guess, if you want to defend him against anyone who doesn't think he is the best thing ever good for you as well. You'll have fun here while people continually bait you into pointless arguments and make you look foolish due to your completely unnecessary defense of your one true love. Many of us like rehashing pointless arguments for the sake of making a mockery of the opponent.

Since we are using emotionally charged terms like sick and disgusting, What I find sick is a gentleman seemingly my senior who has such a hero worshipping fandom for Jamal. So much so that he finds the need to constantly do battle not only with the percentage of Jets fans who he believes "hate" Jamallpro but also with the other percentages who like him fine or don't care about him personally but think trading him may be in the best interest of the team.

What I find disgusting are the fanboys who speak of Jamallpro as their one and only. See I'm a sports fan and a fan of the team, I don't put the individual players, their histrionics, or heroics ahead of that team. 

To put it in your own words just slightly adjusted to address your weird point of view

" I've got sad news for you. Maybe you being a sports fan just isn't within your own best interest anymore since it's obvious that others opinions of a  24 year old kid (who've you've never met personally)  obviously bothers you to the point of frustration lol"  

So much so that you go on and on polluting thread after thread .... Cool with me gives me something to point at and get a laugh out of. The only thing that would make it more funny is him actually getting traded and the ensuing meltdown of his fanboys.

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

All of this is spot on, although I think I'm more bullish on Darnold than you are, but we agree that this year coming up will be the year where we find out if he's a mediocre starter or a franchise quarterback. 

I've personally already seen enough out of Sam Darnold to know that he's the one to build our team and Franchise around long term and for many of years to come. He's our guy. I promise. 

His first game ever. First pass. Pick-6: Favre esque.

I then watched him bounce back like nothing bad ever happened lol I couldn't believe it the kid wasn't shook but yet as a fan i thought we already ruined his career before ever getting started and then BANG Darnold goes off. Sam Darnold was born on Monday Night Football. 

He ends the game with a beautiful QB Rating of over 100+ the rest of the way; he showed all of us his heart on that night all while becoming the youngest NFL Quarterback of All-Time starting off a week one season opener; that game was legendary.

Sam ever wins us a SB we can look back, to that game @ Detroit on the road MNF and say we as a fan base truly witnessed it from the very start Sam is different (as was Brady comes in for Bledsoe and started to march down the field on us with both accuracy and poise; Drew never played for N.E again). 

In closing look @ how he closed out his rookie season throughout last 4-5 games lol man this kid is special please don't put too much pressure on him I believe highest QB Rating within the league closing out 2018.

Or this past season rebounding from Mono before responding 

Games Passing Rushing Scoring Fumbles
Year Tm G GS Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD TD Pts Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD
Per Game Average 20.4 33.4 13   243.4 1.6 0.5   1.9 11.8     2.8 7.8   0.3 0.3 1.5 1 0.3 0 0.4 -1.6 0
Per 16 Games 326 534 208   3894 26 8   30 188     44 124   4 4 24 16 4 0 6 -26 0
2019-2019 NYJ 8 8 163 267 104 61.05 1947 13 4 93.3 15 94 7.29 7.59 22 62 2.82 2 2 12 8 2 0 3 -13 0
Clear Selection & Close [X] / Permanent

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I've personally already seen enough out of Sam Darnold to know that he's the one to build our team and Franchise around long term and for many of years to come. He's our guy. I promise. 

His first game ever. First pass. Pick-6: Favre esque.

I then watched him bounce back like nothing bad ever happened lol I couldn't believe it the kid wasn't shook but yet as a fan i thought we already ruined his career before ever getting started and then BANG Darnold goes off. Sam Darnold was born on Monday Night Football. 

He ends the game with a beautiful QB Rating of over 100+ the rest of the way; he showed all of us his heart on that night all while becoming the youngest NFL Quarterback of All-Time starting off a week one season opener; that game was legendary.

Sam ever wins us a SB we can look back, to that game @ Detroit on the road MNF and say we as a fan base truly witnessed it from the very start Sam is different (as was Brady comes in for Bledsoe and started to march down the field on us with both accuracy and poise; Drew never played for N.E again). 

In closing look @ how he closed out his rookie season throughout last 4-5 games lol man this kid is special please don't put too much pressure on him I believe highest QB Rating within the league closing out 2018.

Or this past season rebounding from Mono before responding last 8 GM's. Behind awful o lineman. He's for real

Games Passing Rushing Scoring Fumbles
Year Tm G GS Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD TD Pts Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD
Per Game Average 20.4 33.4 13   243.4 1.6 0.5   1.9 11.8     2.8 7.8   0.3 0.3 1.5 1 0.3 0 0.4 -1.6 0
Per 16 Games 326 534 208   3894 26 8   30 188     44 124   4 4 24 16 4 0 6 -26 0
2019-2019 NYJ 8 8 163 267 104 61.05 1947 13 4 93.3 15 94 7.29 7.59 22 62 2.82 2 2 12 8 2        
X] / Perman

That’s because the Jets suck at drafting, not because Jets fans hate paying good players.

Don’t double down on this one man. It’s a silly argument.

If Darnold proves to even be a top 20 QB, I and many others here will be celebrating his contract extension.

20 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No thank you. 

I don't want Ruggs and his fast 40 yard dash times; as Ruggs has pulled off nothing but disappearing act's throughout 3 consecutive bowl game appearances (while his teammate Jerry Jeudy stole the show with 15 receptions, well over 400+ receiving yards, 3 TD receptions and a bowl game MVP award). I want either Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb; which doesn't require trading away the best defensive Jet in #33 Jamal Adams since dating back to #24 Darrelle Revis in order for that to happen (Jeudy/CeeDee). 

• And in order to become a great team you first need at least a couple of great players and Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams are two great building blocks to build an offense and defense around consisting of Franchise caliber leaders and blue chip prospects/talents on both sides of the ball (Darnold/Adams). 

And who the heck would even want to just trade away a player like this to begin with after...

J.) All-Rookie team honors (253 players drafted ala a top 10% player of his 2017 draft class). 

A.) First time Pro Bowl selection as only a 2nd year player (while Marcus Maye missed almost the entire season).

M.) Two time Pro Bowl selection and a First-team All-Pro selection during his 3rd year (despite having never played alongside of a proven #1 CB, never played with an outside pass rushing threat of an OLB/DE and was robbed and opportunity to line up with C.J Mosley last year). 

A.) Almost set/broke the All-Time single season NFL sack record regarding secondary players (Outside CB's, Nickel & Dime backs, Free Safety's and Strong Safety's alike) and for a Franchise that hasn't featured a pass rusher since dating back to the days of John Abraham of 2000-2005 (has already developed into one of the greatest secondary pass rushers who's ever lived to play this game). 

L.) Featured as a top 100 NFL player and ranked 37th after only two years of developing (only 12 defensive players were rated and ranked ahead of Jamal Adams after only his 2nd NFL season, hello) and will soon skyrocket into the top 20 after becoming a First-team All-Pro selection this past season (3rd year). 

A.) And I just so happen to love the position that he plays along with appreciating the style in which he plays his position and Super Bowl Winning teams such as San Francisco, Green Bay, Dallas, Tampa Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Kansas City have all won Super Bowl(s) with hard hitting and exiting Strong Safety's who've all played their SS position with Linebacker like ability in Ronnie Lott, LeRoy Butler, Darren Woodson, John Lynch, Rodney Harrison, Troy Polamalu, Kam Chancellor and Tyrann Mathleu (who have all gone down as All-Time fan favorites of their respected Franchises). 

D.) He wants to win here as a Jet and has made it known that he doesn't want to be traded away from here (pissed him off and I loved it) and has reminded me of and has sounded just like many of us longtime suffering Jet fans as he immediately called out veterans within Todd Bowles locker room because of a losing mentality once arriving from the SEC/LSU, celebrated the drafting of Sam Darnold while going live for the Sam pick, called for more dogs such as Le'Veon Bell and C.J Mosley just last off-season (heavily involved as an off the field player recruiter) and during our current Free Agency period has also begged for more outside pass rushing dogs ala has spoken like a true Jets fan dating back to day one. 

A.) Has always been a vocal leader within the huddle and knows how to communicate with his teammates on the field. The way he dances with excitement and fires up his teammates with an energized passion for the game has always reminded me of a Ray Lewis type of vocal/energetic/passionate leader. 

M.) It only took less than 1 year alongside of Gregg Williams for Gregg Williams himself to realize that Jamal Adams has already became one of his favorite players that he's ever coached (that type of high praise from Gregg Williams was and is good enough for me). 

S.) Still only 24 years of age (3 years younger than his teammate Marcus Maye), still developing, still learning, still getting better, has improved his production each and every season thus far, has yet to reach full/max potential within his golden/prime years, made another Pro Bowl and First-team All-Pro honors during his first year within a Gregg Williams defense and most importantly; the best of Jamal Adams (after only 3 seasons) has yet to happen (as he's just now getting started). 

Are you all illiterate and can't read between the lines, or do I have to spell it out for you each and every time?

Well. There you all have it; and I bet that no Jamal Adams critic around here can come up with and give me 10 examples of what they dislike about #33 (without me afterwards laughing @ them and their reasonings)....

Safety is not an impact position. Let me create an analogy for you. Let's say I have a great kicker. He's the top kicker in the league. Someone is offering me a 1st round pick for him. Do I take it or say nah even though his position is not that irreplaceable I have to keep him because he's been an all pro at the position. Mind you other areas in my team suck. The only time this would make sense is if this player was generational talent ie making 80 yard field goals regularly. Adams is not the safety equivalent of a kicker who can nail 80 yard field goals. He's a excellent player at a low yield position. It's why among many many reasons Mac doesn't have a job. Not all positions are equal. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That’s because the Jets suck at drafting, not because Jets fans hate paying good players.

Don’t double down on this one man. It’s a silly argument.

If Darnold proves to even be a top 20 QB, I and many others here will be celebrating his contract extension.

It doesn't bother me that you believe something else, and it shouldn't bother you that I do. It's my observation that Jets fans really turn on guys who outperform contracts and want a bigger deal. Maybe it's all fans, I don't know, but I can only speak from my own experience. To deny what I know to be true would not make sense.

"We only want players who want to be here!" "He's greedy and by demanding that much will only hurt the team that will have less to spend elsewhere."

Speaking of "silly arguments," the latter is the silliest argument, "The player should take less so that other players can take more." I used to be hugely pro-team and anti-player ("they signed a contract!"). But then I realized a few things:

1. For a fan, it's almost unfathomable to switch allegiance. Players aren't fans. This isn't emotional for most of them like it is for us. They switch teams like anyone of us switches a job if a better offer comes around. This is rational and logical behavior that does not merit catcalls of "disloyalty" and "SCREW HIM!" etc.

2. The owners have an insane amount of power and an Congressional anti-trust exemption. The NFL is literally the most lopsided power dynamic between capital and labor in the country.  I realized I was actually siding with the villain, such as there is one in this context.

3. These guys have every right to maximize their earnings. I enjoy that right. So do you. Why deny them because people happen to enjoy watching them perform their jobs?

I support every hold out. Do I think they are all smart business decisions? Clearly not (Le'Veon Bell, Melvin Gordon) but I support the player's right to use the only leverage he has -- the ability to withhold his services and play the hardest hardball possible in negotiating the value of those services. The fact that the players get paid a lot more than the "average Joe," does not diminish their claim to their legal and natural rights as human beings. Even if the star player on the Jets holds out, I still support him. Most here would rejoice if a Pats star holds out and hurl invective if a Jet did. I am 100% consistent about this. Everyone should ask themself if they are, as well, and if that strengthens or weakens their position on this subject.

• Sympathy 2

On 4/3/2020 at 3:00 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. 

You want to know who DWC is? I've been around for a long time (and Stephen Hill was never a favorite of mine (outside of his 1st game, lol). 

This from a guy who only became a JETS fan in (1993) but he's been around a long time.....lol

Since birth. Born in 1985 my older brother has always told me that I've been watching Jet games with him since a newborn. However 1993 was the 1st year i have visual memorization

The only thing that bothers me about this thread is the inference that I might be one of those Jets fans. I have no problem whatsoever calling a spade a spade. I call them as I see them. Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Darron Lee, Vladimir Ducasse, etc.? EVERY one of those players I knew shortly after they were drafted SUCKED, and I was outspoken in my criticism of them. That will never change. That's not an indictment on a fellow Jets fan. They just need to learn to not take it so personal. I can tell you with no uncertain terms that Darrelle Revis and Jamal Adams are two truly GREAT players that the Jets have had. I will ALWAYS want the Jets to hold on to their best players for as long as they possibly can.

• Sympathy 1

I can't speak for all these so-called Jets fans, but I would say personally the post is incorrect.

Its not that people don't like Jamal Adams...Its that an all-pro safety on a team that needs three new starting OL's, two starting WR's, two solid edge rushers, and at least one starting CB, is a luxury.  A luxury that if he came along in three years, and Douglas does well at drafting and makes us into a contender, would be worth taking.

RIght now, he could bring us potentially two starting caliber players to fill two of those holes, and then not have to pay a safety $17 a year.  Its that simple.

Curtis Martin didn't suck....period.

Jadaveon Clowney is not worth $20 million a season.  He also does not bring enough as an edge rusher to warrant spending $20 million a season.  He drops his price about $5-6 million a year, and can pass a physical, he would be worth it. 

Robby Anderson had a good offer on the table.  He was NEVER worth what the reports were first indicating, and that is how GM's get fired (cough Mac cough) for giving absurd 1st tier salaries to 2nd tier players.  Robby chose the Panthers over the Jets, not because he didn't get a fair offer.  Completely different scenario then being presented.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

It doesn't bother me that you believe something else, and it shouldn't bother you that I do. It's my observation that Jets fans really turn on guys who outperform contracts and want a bigger deal. Maybe it's all fans, I don't know, but I can only speak from my own experience. To deny what I know to be true would not make sense.

"We only want players who want to be here!" "He's greedy and by demanding that much will only hurt the team that will have less to spend elsewhere."

Speaking of "silly arguments," the latter is the silliest argument, "The player should take less so that other players can take more." I used to be hugely pro-team and anti-player ("they signed a contract!"). But then I realized a few things:

1. For a fan, it's almost unfathomable to switch allegiance. Players aren't fans. This isn't emotional for most of them like it is for us. They switch teams like anyone of us switches a job if a better offer comes around. This is rational and logical behavior that does not merit catcalls of "disloyalty" and "SCREW HIM!" etc.

2. The owners have an insane amount of power and an Congressional anti-trust exemption. The NFL is literally the most lopsided power dynamic between capital and labor in the country.  I realized I was actually siding with the villain, such as there is one in this context.

3. These guys have every right to maximize their earnings. I enjoy that right. So do you. Why deny them because people happen to enjoy watching them perform their jobs?

I support every hold out. Do I think they are all smart business decisions? Clearly not (Le'Veon Bell, Melvin Gordon) but I support the player's right to use the only leverage he has -- the ability to withhold his services and play the hardest hardball possible in negotiating the value of those services. The fact that the players get paid a lot more than the "average Joe," does not diminish their claim to their legal and natural rights as human beings. Even if the star player on the Jets holds out, I still support him. Most here would rejoice if a Pats star holds out and hurl invective if a Jet did. I am 100% consistent about this. Everyone should ask themself if they are, as well, and if that strengthens or weakens their position on this subject.

He has every right to demand top dollar. It is my estimation that he is not worth that much money. Most safeties just aren't. I find it to be a poor utilization of resources. With that being said if I am trading him it is for resources of greater utility. You don't trade him for the sake of it. This entire argument that the board has been having is based on economics and utility curves. People just get too damn emotional about this stuff. This OP definitely qualifies as emotional. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Which seems strange.  Great as he was, Mangold is probably a good example of poor value for position.

You would have thought that until you watched the guys who replaced him the next three seasons suck so much, including watching one of them misfire about 20 snaps.  I would gladly take Mangold in his prime back at top-Center salary, which is around $11.5MM right now.

On that note, I also remember a while back when Tight Ends caught passes across the middle on our defense at will.  At the time we had slow Linebackers and invisible Safeties.  Last season we were one of the best teams in the league at stopping Tight Ends.  That may have gotten lost in the noise of "but we could have more draft picks", but Adams makes the secondary much better, and no amount of noise is going to change that. 

The NFL evolves and right now, Safeties matter on a number of good defenses.  There was a time when it made sense to draft a RB high.  Now unless your name is Dave Gettleman, it doesn't.  In 5 years it might again.  Replacing Adams with an average Safety is going to have an impact, and one effect is we may end up giving up more 1st downs and points.  It's not really as simple as 'trade Jamal - draft a star - win a Super Bowl'.  

• Upvote 2