Ranking the top OTs in the draft

Lil O

OK so months ago, before the combine, all I was hearing about was Andrew Thomas and how he was the best tackle in this draft. Since then it seems opinions are varied and I am a little lost. So please rank your top 4 OTs and say why.  I am not sure who we should be targeting.

17 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

All of them will make this team better. My preference is: 

1. Thomas

2. Wirfs

3. Wills

4. Becton

I agree, but IDK if that is the order in which they will be taken.  Someone may fall in love with Becton's upside. I think Thomas is the most polished and plug and play ready LT, though the other guys probably all have more upside.

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I like Andrew Thomas the most. Played Tackle for Georgia within the SEC and went up against elite SEC defenses on a weekly basis. He's a can't miss prospect imo. 

If I’m going to take an OL at number 11, I wanna make sure he’s polished and ready to play. I don’t want to draft someone with upside at 11, especially with all of the talent on offense that will be there at 11.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I like Andrew Thomas the most. Played Tackle for Georgia within the SEC and went up against elite SEC defenses on a weekly basis. He's a can't miss prospect imo. 

Last year we signed Bell who's a great player but not scheme fit and it hasn't worked out. Drafting Thomas is the equivalent of the Bell acquisition.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Last year we signed Bell who's a great player but not scheme fit and it hasn't worked out. Drafting Thomas is the equivalent of the Bell acquisition.

Don;t draft good players because of Adam Gases 'vision'.  Typical jets thing to do.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Don;t draft good players because of Adam Gases 'vision'.  Typical jets thing to do.

Nah it's actually what Joe likes in which Gases happens to run however is just doing a sh*tty job of doing so. Look at the Eagles, they run the same scheme and they have the right personnel for that scheme. We should as well.

Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

And we are yet to see Gase's picks in his system. I'll give him a little rope first before hanging him for what he inherited last year. 

I’m not an anti gase guy based on last year.  But i do think they are taking a wr in the first round, weapons will be emphasized early and often, at wr and rb.

37 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Wirfs according to the combine drills, however if I need to choose someone to pass block for my franchise QB it's Wills. The others are within his class for being good run blocking Tackles.

Thanks. I would imagine that JD is looking for a guy to fit gase’s potential move to wide splits 

I've never followed Louisville football as a basketball program first and foremost outside of Lamar Jacksons era (who I loved watching every Saturday).

Can someone tell me how Becton performed against Clemson's DE's who have the best pass rush within the ACC?

And how did the Wirfs perform for Iowa (a hot spot for offensive lineman) in pass protection specifically against Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan who can all get after Quarterbacks?

Thnx in advance for any type of insight as I've studied a lot more WRs than I have O-Lineman this year. 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

It's precisely how Belichick drafts -- for his system. Most good coaches do.

Gase will be gone in a year - then what?

We have to sign a coach who’s scheme fits with the players?

BB is constantly adapting his team to his talent ——

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've never followed Louisville football as a basketball program first and foremost outside of Lamar Jacksons era (who I loved watching every Saturday).

Can someone tell me how Becton performed against Clemson's DE's who have the best pass rush within the ACC?

And how did the Wirfs perform for Iowa (a hot spot for offensive lineman) in pass protection specifically against Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan who can all get after Quarterbacks?

Thnx in advance for any type of insight as I've studied a lot more WRs than I have O-Lineman this year. 

Here is the complete Clemson game.   Game was non-competitive and most Clemson starters pulled after half time.  

7 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

This is my prediction of how they will come off the board:

1. Jared Wills
  2. Mekhi Becton
  3. Tristan Wirfs
  4. Andrew Thomas

22 minutes ago, King P said:

Thomas

Wirfs

Wills

Becton

So the only thing you guys agree on is Wills > Becton.

And then JiF shows up and blows that to hell:

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Becton > Wirfs > Thomas > Wills 

LOL...

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Gase will be gone in a year - then what?

We have to sign a coach who’s scheme fits with the players?

BB is constantly adapting his team to his talent ——

If you believe that, you haven't been paying attention. The hallmark of Patriot players who leave in FA is that they almost never do as well as they did in NE. Why? Because Belichick picks his players for how they will fit in his system. He's brilliant at that. Not saying Gase is in his league, but have to see how his attempt to form a team on his model works. That's perfectly reasonable.

• Upvote 1