Rex: Amari is a Turd

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

rex being rex.  but the article also points to a reason to pick one of the top wr's if available with the 11 pick as opposed to oline.  there seem to be a ton of these wr's that have diva complexes and want huge contract when their rookie deals expire.  at least a team gets control over a player for 5 seasons if drafted in the first round.

?????? Don't really understand this.

Wouldn't you rather have a dominant LT for the next 12 years rather than a diva WR for only 5 years?

Drafting wr's in the 1st round is not a good way to build a team. NFL teams are smartening up and we're seeing less and less of it.

What’s Rex gonna do when he loses that job? He’s clearly barred from coaching, nobody trusts him enough to hire him as an assistant, and he’s too lazy to run a college program. That nonsense gig on the ESPN B-team studio show is all he has left. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, JetPotato said:

?

https://nypost.com/2020/04/03/rex-ryan-rips-amari-cooper-i-wouldnt-have-paid-this-turd/

Rex Ryan has no love for Amari Cooper.

The former Jets coach made a number of scathing comments on ESPN’s “Get Up” on Friday about the Cowboys’ decision to give Cooper a blockbuster five-year, $100 million contract extension earlier this offseason.

“I wouldn’t have paid this turd,” Ryan said of the 25-year-old receiver. “No way in hell would I have paid this guy.”

The Raiders’ 2015 first-rounder was traded to Dallas in the middle of the 2018 season for a 2019 first-round pick. He was set to hit free agency this March before the Cowboys signed him to a long-term deal on March 16.

Cooper finished the 2019 season with 79 receptions for a career-high 1,189 yards and eight touchdowns, but Ryan was still able to find fault in some of his situational statistics.

“This is the biggest disappearing act in the National Football League,” Ryan said. “He doesn’t show up on the road, he doesn’t show up against when the competition is good — when he’s up against the top corners, that guy disappears.

“To me, you pay Dak Prescott. Forget all those numbers. They’re No. 1 in the league because of Dak Prescott, not because of this guy. It’s a deep draft at receiver. They made a huge mistake right here.”

The Cowboys exercised the exclusive franchise tag on 26-year-old Prescott earlier this offseason and are in the midst of negotiating a longer-term contract. The two parties have until July 15 to agree on a deal.

The comments came as a shock to some in the NFL community with NFL Network’s Ian Rapaport calling for Ryan to apologize.

“What has Amari Cooper done to deserve this personal attack? He’s a hard worker, played through injuries, and is a good teammate. Rex Ryan should apologize,” Rapaport tweeted.

Hours later, Ryan issued an apology in response to the backlash.

“I can’t believe I said that, used that word,” he said on SportsCenter. “Obviously it was a poor choice by me to say what I said about Amari. Anybody who knows me — look, quite honestly, I think the world of every player and have a great deal of respect for every single player in the National Football League, including Amari Cooper.”

Ryan also defended his earlier assessment of what he feels to be the wideout’s shortcomings.

“With that being said, I think the Cowboys overspent for Amari Cooper,” Ryan continued. “The reason for it is, I don’t doubt that this is an elite player. He has those traits. But an elite player to me shows up on the road, he shows up against great corners, and he shows up in crunch time, and those are three things that Amari Cooper has not done so far in his career. In fact, I think he’s won one playoff game as a player. And all of those things are how I feel about this young man as a receiver.

“But what I added at the end of that, I want to apologize to Amari again and hope he accepts my apology.”

image.gif

Steven A Smith is also being spoken to about apologizing to Adam Gase for calling him High at his intro presser.  

... even though he was. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What’s Rex gonna do when he loses that job? He’s clearly barred from coaching, nobody trusts him enough to hire him as an assistant, and he’s too lazy to run a college program. That nonsense gig on the ESPN B-team studio show is all he has left. 

Guarantee he'd have a significant amount of teams lining up to hire him as a DC. But I highly doubt he'd ever go back to being a coordinator 

16 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

?????? Don't really understand this.

Wouldn't you rather have a dominant LT for the next 12 years rather than a diva WR for only 5 years?

Drafting wr's in the 1st round is not a good way to build a team. NFL teams are smartening up and we're seeing less and less of it.

it's kind of a flip the coin proposition.  imo the teams may be shying away for the first round wr's because colleges are using more chuck and duck schemes so the receivers are getting more plentiful.  but so are olineman who can pass block.  from what i've seen there are many diva wr's are like obj or amari who come out as rookies and are really good but then want the world to pay them great amounts when they come off their rookie contracts.  if a wr is drafted in the first round then the team generally has his services for 5 seasons.  so the cheapest way to fill the position with a top flight wr is through the draft.  i know people will point to a guy like hill and say but he was a fifth rounder.  hard to say why he was drafted so low.

35 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i know people will point to a guy like hill and say but he was a fifth rounder.  hard to say why he was drafted so low.

Problem is that Tyreke Hill is not the only successful non-1st round WR in the NFL. In fact I did a study that showed that almost 80% of the top WR's in the NFL were picked outside the 1st round. Here are just a few names (M. Thomas, Devante, Hill, Antonio, K. Allen, Godwin, Golladay, Juju......). The list goes on and on.

Conversely, there are just a handful of starting LT's that were NOT taken in the 1st round.