What Happens If / When There is no 2020 CFB and NFL Season?

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

As I finish my shift in the ICU, yearning for something to take take my mind off of what's going on, I asked myself, what happens when the upcoming season doesn't happen? I just don't see how packing 50-100 thousand people in a confined place every weekend for a few months on the tails of a pandemic will be allowed.

I don't want this to turn into a COVID thread, there are enough of those. I am just curious as to what the actual logistics are and if there is any precedent to a canceled season. Do they have a draft the following year? Do we keep the same draft order? Do they allow for longer off-season workout programs? etc. Anyway, hope everyone is staying healthy and sane out there. 

Refreshing thought, but like everything else, the games are going to be viewed remotely from our TVs, because some revenue is better than no revenue, also as far as I know TV revenue outweighs what they make in the stadiums. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I would think that they will play a lot of sports without a crowd in the stadium until a vaccine is readily available.

Who here would go to a crowded stadium before this happens regardless?

I might, but then Crusher is going to want to cuddle with me and I don't know where he's been so no....I have to pass.

I'm waiting to see which team has the guts to ask STH to pay for their 2020 season tickets.

God bless you for your efforts homey, and stay safe. You guys are incredible.

As for the season happening or not, I think  both the NFL and NCAA are watching what happens with this supposed next-two-weeks surge and see if they can sell the narrative that the worst is over. If there’s a spike after that, particularly in the midwest, they’ll have no choice but to shut it down. I’d imagine the NCAA would just give a blanket extra year of eligibility, while the NFL holds a draft this season, but not next year.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for what you do BJ12. Stay healthy and strong.  

I truly believe great minds are out there focusing on solutions for the COVID-19 problem.   Hope they resolve this sooner rather then later.  

Those who experienced the Spanish Flu and the Great Depression must of had it etched in their memories forever.  As COVID-19 will probably be that way for us too.

Never saw this coming.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

As I finish my shift in the ICU, yearning for something to take take my mind off of what's going on, I asked myself, what happens when the upcoming season doesn't happen? I just don't see how packing 50-100 thousand people in a confined place every weekend for a few months on the tails of a pandemic will be allowed.

I don't want this to turn into a COVID thread, there are enough of those. I am just curious as to what the actual logistics are and if there is any precedent to a canceled season. Do they have a draft the following year? Do we keep the same draft order? Do they allow for longer off-season workout programs? etc. Anyway, hope everyone is staying healthy and sane out there. 

The CBA says if no games are played the Jets are to be awarded the Lombardi trophy.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I admit I don't know enough about the virus but I would think by September some smart people will have a solution such as mandatory special mask wearing at sporting events. If your not willing to wear the mask then don't go. I would think some kind of special masks or scarfs or whatever could be mass produced and handed out to fans as they enter the parking lot or train station. Just a thought.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

God bless you for your efforts homey, and stay safe. You guys are incredible.

As for the season happening or not, I think  both the NFL and NCAA are watching what happens with this supposed next-two-weeks surge and see if they can sell the narrative that the worst is over. If there’s a spike after that, particularly in the midwest, they’ll have no choice but to shut it down. I’d imagine the NCAA would just give a blanket extra year of eligibility, while the NFL holds a draft this season, but not next year.

In DC, the Mayor said yesterday they expect peak hospitalization in late June, early July. Experts predict another round of this in the fall. I can’t see much in the way of football or baseball this year. Hockey and hoops should be fine to resume but who knows when. 

• Upvote 1

I’m fairly confident there will be a football season - an entire season too. MLB is of the belief they will play at least a half season ( and I think they will). If that happens there’s no reason the believe football is in jeopardy. 
Will it be a season we’re accustomed to? All signs of course point to no. But anything resembling normal even in the somewhat distant future will be an excellent thing.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

In DC, the Mayor said yesterday they expect peak hospitalization in late June, early July. Experts predict another round of this in the fall. I can’t see much in the way of football or baseball this year. Hockey and hoops should be fine to resume but who knows when. 

It’s terrifying how nobody really knows what this is going to look like in a month. The information is so scattershot and the only reliable news we get about it is from people like @BroadwayJoe12, who are on the front lines and are universal in their belief that it’s a nightmare that’s going to get worse.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s terrifying how nobody really knows what this is going to look like in a month. The information is so scattershot and the only reliable news we get about it is from people like @BroadwayJoe12, who are on the front lines and are universal in their belief that it’s a nightmare that’s going to get worse.

NY is 2-3 weeks away from a "Peak", SoFla is behind you by about a month. Already starting to see where the primary clusters will be, have an area with a high volume of Senior Living communities and ALFs that already have confirmed positives. Been moved to a Task Force with PD to ensure those places are following guidelines and procedures. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

NY is 2-3 weeks away from a "Peak", SoFla is behind you by about a month. Already starting to see where the primary clusters will be, have an area with a high volume of Senior Living communities and ALFs that already have confirmed positives. Been moved to a Task Force with PD to ensure those places are following guidelines and procedures. 

Be safe, brother. Thanks for doing what you do. All the best to your guys.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, JTJet said:

If there is no season, probably a draft lottery...

...and Patriots would conveniently get the 1st overall pick and select Trev Lawrence. 

We need to do some facial recognition scans in Wuhan.

I'm sure BB was there six months ago and is behind this whole global pandemic.