Bob Kraft is OK in my book

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This gesture is going to save rhe lives of medical professionals.  My brother is a clinical pharmacist  in a Fl. Hospital.  He told me these masks are worth more to him than his car at this point. He has one to use for an entire day and if anyone has worn one of these, you sweat like crazy when it's  on so it isn't  ideal to use one for the whole day. 

Ok, respect to your brother and all medical professionals, they need their tools for sure. 

With that being said, spending what amounts to pennies of his money in a humanitarian effort, does not absolve Kraft from his transgressions.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5

I have no problem with the man personally.  It's the cheating scumbag, conniving ##!@! of an organization he owns that I have a problem with.  That part of his life can go screw or get bad tug job.  But what Robert Kraft did is very admirable and I hope more people follow his example.  I don't put sports fanaticism over the public welfare.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Gotta give him a HAND for a nice JOB on that.

Yeah...I grudgingly have to respect it.  Certainly was more than we've heard from Dolan, Johnson, Steinbrenner, Wilpon or any of the owners down here.

And China sent him a china doll

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The man just sent a tractor trailer full of 300k N- 95 masks and other medical supplies he bought in China to NY. Was delivered to the Javits center in a truck with the Pats logo on it. 

Link

Perspective. Football....is just a game. 

• Upvote 2

Any mask is so hard to find right now, we’ve been wearing cut off shirt sleeves.
I had a service call the last two days fixing lighting in an old smoke filled ceiling with 30 years of rat poop, roaches and nicotine. I would of paid triple to get mask for me and my guys.
Obviously the medical field needs them 100 times more then us so we’ll done on his part. 
Shouldn’t Johnson and Johnson be able to contribute some stuff?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The man just sent a tractor trailer full of 300k N- 95 masks and other medical supplies he bought in China to NY. Was delivered to the Javits center in a truck with the Pats logo on it. 

Link

Headline : Human trafficker helps sick in NY >

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Ok, respect to your brother and all medical professionals, they need their tools for sure. 

With that being said, spending what amounts to pennies of his money in a humanitarian effort, does not absolve Kraft from his transgressions.

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on  a message board. And I was a 10+ year member at JI 

There’s football, then there’s real life. The man just single handedly saved  lives.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

What types of charities and donations have you given with your pennies this week? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Headline : Human trafficker helps sick in NY >

This is my entire point. 

Human trafficking is a blight on the world and has and will affect it far more than Covid-19 ever will...

...and Kraft directly supported that. 

People can dislike my position all they want, doesnt mean I'm wrong. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on  a message board. And I was a 10+ year member at JI.

1 minute ago, mtwarlock31 said:

What types of charities and donations have you given with your pennies this week? 

See above post. 

I've personally done more for people in need than Robert Kraft could ever dream of outside of his checkbook.  

Before you judge someone's position, make sure you know their background. 

- 10 year Air Force vet

- Personally flew helicopter evacs during Katrina

- Work every single weekend at the Wheeler mission in Indianapolis

I could go on but I dont need to justify myself. If you cant see the point I was making, you arent worth the effort. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

This is my entire point. 

Human trafficking is a blight on the world and has and will affect it far more than Covid-19 ever will...

Kraft had nothing to do with human trafficking, nor was the parlor he was visiting.

• Thumb Down 4

5 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

He's a better owner than either of the Johnson bros, that's for sure

DOesn't Johnson and Johnson MAKE the damned masks???  Come on! Why the hell is the Pats owner one using you in your own town with your own supplies???? 

Losers! 

19 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Kraft had nothing to do with human trafficking, nor was the parlor he was visiting.

Bro... what? That is a completely false statement. 

You do NOT know anything about Asian massage parlors apparently. You understand that even the "legit" massages parlors are trafficking women, correct?  

So 300,000 masks from China, great, isn't China the place where this thing came from and originated at? I'm sorry but I'll never trust anything from China again regardless a very kind and caring move from Kraft. I'm in Florida and it's getting bad but not 500 New Yorkers dead past 1 day type (yet) this feels like a human genocide. 250 dead in NY just cpl days prior. Wtf. My aunt and 9 cousins still live in S. Ozone Park Queens I don't like the sight or thought of this.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

What Kraft did was wonderful and he deserves plaudits. His personal life has nothing to do with this. Nothing. Very few if any people live a perfect life. So he wanted a handy. BFD.

This J&J thing gets repeated here all the time. The owners of the Jets have nothing to do with Johnson & Johnson and havent for decades so forget this angle that the Jets owners are responsible for what that multinational corp. does or doesnt do. They do not own J&J.

I have no idea how long Bob Kraft has been into philanthropy but I do know that W. Johnson has been fundraising for medical research and building hospitals and more for decades and is not new to the game so why use Krafts generosity as a way to slight Johnson?

• Upvote 2

It's always funny how fans have the image that everyone associated with a rival team is basically evil. Like the expectation is that he'd be petting a cat in his throne room laughing because people are dying in New York.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, JTJet said:

See above post. 

I've personally done more for people in need than Robert Kraft could ever dream of outside of his checkbook.  

Before you judge someone's position, make sure you know their background. 

- 10 year Air Force vet

- Personally flew helicopter evacs during Katrina

- Work every single weekend at the Wheeler mission in Indianapolis

I could go on but I dont need to justify myself. If you cant see the point I was making, you arent worth the effort. 

So this is all great if true.  

What does that do to change what Kraft did?

Or make your original statement less senseless.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, JTJet said:

This is my entire point. 

Ask the families of the people who have died anout that.

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

DOesn't Johnson and Johnson MAKE the damned masks???  Come on! Why the hell is the Pats owner one using you in your own town with your own supplies???? 

Losers! 

The masks are made by 3M i believe and safety equipment companies.  I think the main use is construction. 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What does that do to change what Kraft did?

This is a funny question to ask. So how does buying the masks change what Kraft did in regards to supporting human trafficking? Which was my point. If Ed Gacy donated to the boy scouts after murdering several boys, would he be heaped with praise? 

Sorry, but no. I've helped and talked to quite literally hundreds of ladies that have been trafficked in scenarios that Robert Kraft supported. Again, while I'm glad he bought them, buying the masks does not somehow absolve him from that transgression, or make him "ok in my book" as OP suggested. 

He gets a firm "thanks", and that's it. But to somehow begin to allow a narrative to form that the man is some sort of humanitarian, is silly.