Bob Kraft is OK in my book

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ask the families of the people who have died anout that.

Both are horrible. 

But, the number of people affected by this, pale in comparison to the number of people affected by human trafficking. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

So 300,000 masks from China, great, isn't China the place where this thing came from and originated at? I'm sorry but I'll never trust anything from China again regardless a very kind and caring move from Kraft. I'm in Florida and it's getting bad but not 500 New Yorkers dead past 1 day type (yet) this feels like a human genocide. 250 dead in NY just cpl days prior. Wtf. My aunt and 9 cousins still live in S. Ozone Park Queens I don't like the sight or thought of this.

What is amazing, my brother in Fl. Happens to be a huge Trump supporter  and i would say about a month ago, I asked him what he thought about all this he told me this is the same as flu and if this wasn't  an election year, nobody would he talking about this. I still talk to him a bit but every time I talk to I tell him at some point he is a giant A-hole. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Both are horrible. 

But, the number of people affected by this, pale in comparison to the number of people affected by human trafficking. 

Are you freaking insane? Italy is shut down, most of America  is staying at home, Israel  has closed it's  borders,  a friend of mine is stuck in Japan due to this (she was visiting her parents) it is estimated  200k could die in the US this year from this? Amost everyone  in the planet has been affected. Just stop now. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This is a funny question to ask. So how does buying the masks change what Kraft did in regards to supporting human trafficking? Which was my point. If Ed Gacy donated to the boy scouts after murdering several boys, would he be heaped with praise? 

Sorry, but no. I've helped and talked to quite literally hundreds of ladies that have been trafficked in scenarios that Robert Kraft supported. Again, while I'm glad he bought them, buying the masks does not somehow absolve him from that transgression, or make him "ok in my book" as OP suggested. 

He gets a firm "thanks", and that's it. But to somehow begin to allow a narrative to form that the man is some sort of humanitarian, is silly. 

Human trafficking?  Again, what does any of this have to do with what he did in regards to the masks, the conversation we're on.  

Better yet, Gacy,?  Really? LOL Supporting human trafficking was bad enough, now we're onto serial killers and whatever over the top comparison you can try to think up

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This is a funny question to ask. So how does buying the masks change what Kraft did in regards to supporting human trafficking? Which was my point. If Ed Gacy donated to the boy scouts after murdering several boys, would he be heaped with praise? 

Sorry, but no. I've helped and talked to quite literally hundreds of ladies that have been trafficked in scenarios that Robert Kraft supported. Again, while I'm glad he bought them, buying the masks does not somehow absolve him from that transgression, or make him "ok in my book" as OP suggested. 

He gets a firm "thanks", and that's it. But to somehow begin to allow a narrative to form that the man is some sort of humanitarian, is silly. 

Could you possibly find a worse analogy?  How about if Hitler built a synagogue during WWII

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Imagine saying this out loud.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Human trafficking?  Again, what does any of this have to do with what he did in regards to the masks, the conversation we're on.  

Gacy,?  Really? LOL Supporting human trafficking was bad enough, now we're onto serial killers. 

Quite a bit when I see a narrative starting to form that he is some sort of humanitarian, both in the media, and on a Jets message board no less. 

Again, he deserves a simple "thanks" for the masks, but that's all. But I see people on here willfully ignoring his (still current) transgressions. The man directly supported human trafficking with his own hands, multiple times, then opens up his checkbook, and we are somehow supposed to sit back and listen to..

"Gee whiz, that Robert Kraft is A.O.K" 

No. 

19 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What is amazing, my brother in Fl. Happens to be a huge Trump supporter  and i would say about a month ago, I asked him what he thought about all this he told me this is the same as flu and if this wasn't  an election year, nobody would he talking about this. I still talk to him a bit but every time I talk to I tell him at some point he is a giant A-hole. 

Let me shoehorn my Trump point in for good measure!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you freaking insane? Italy is shut down, most of America  is staying at home, Israel  has closed it's  borders,  a friend of mine is stuck in Japan due to this (she was visiting her parents) it is estimated  200k could die in the US this year from this? Amost everyone  in the planet has been affected. Just stop now. 

Do your research on human trafficking or stop talking. 

Yes, both are horrible, but...

40 million people a year are trafficked, about 9 million abused for sex.

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Do your research on human trafficking or stop talking. 

Yes, both are horrible, but...

40 million people a year are trafficked, about 9 million abused for sex.

It does not affect the entire planet, this is. 

Over 300 million  Americans are affected. 10 million applied for unemployment in 2 weeks. You are being insanely naive.  

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That's a matter of what you lump into the argument. 

Human sex trafficking = 9 million victims annually, and gets bigger every single year. 

Covid 19 deaths = 60,000-70,000 victims annually so far. With a number that will eventually peak, and also eventually go down. 

Now, if you want to add in unemployment, families affected, etc, sure. But you have to do so with both sides of the argument. 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

That's a matter of what you lump into the argument. 

Human sex trafficking = 9 million victims annually, and gets bigger every single year. 

Covid 19 deaths = 50,000 victims annually so far. With a number that will eventually peak, and also eventually go down. 

Now, if you want to add in unemployment, families affected, etc, sure. But you have to do so with both sides of the argument. 

I give up. You are being unbelievably stubborn.  The price paid for being a victim  of human trafficking is you work in a massage parlor giving Bob Kraft happy endings, the price of this is you lose your job, can't  buy ppe to keep medical workers safe, can't  buy ventilators  to keep people alive, have to have certain products rationed to you like meat in a grocery store,  have to go out, wearing gloves and a face covering,  but yeah, human trafficking is worse. Maybe the government  is focused on the wrong thing here. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

This is extremely ignorant. Who the Hell is donating to charity now? 10 million  applied for unemployment in the last 2 weeks

Isn't that the point? Robert Kraft is spending his time and money to support others in need when the majority of people cannot. Feel free to blast him for it if that makes you feel better. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I give up. You are being unbelievably stubborn.  The price paid for being a victim  of human trafficking is you work in a massage parlor giving Bob Kraft happy endings, the price of this is you lose your job, can't  buy ppe to keep medical workers safe, can't  buy ventilators  to keep people alive, have to have certain products rationed to you like meat in a grocery store,  have to go out, wearing gloves and a face covering,  but yeah, human trafficking is worse. Maybe the government  is focused on the wrong thing here. 

I'm the one being naive? You clearly have zero idea what you are talking about. 

I'm genuinely curious if you think that's all human trafficking is? Women are raped against their will constantly, forced into drugs, and some are murdered. So because they dont die, this makes them less a victim? 

If you want to argue cascading ways people are affected by the disease, we can do so. But, you have to give the same to the other side of the argument. 

Let's assume 1 million people die from this disease, which is quite a long ways to go. Those would be the people directly affected by it. Add in family members that now mourn for the victims (hard number to estimate but let's say x10, so another 10 million). 

Now do the same for the 9 million women annually trafficked. 

We could go into unemployment sure, but while affected, a majority of those people will recover a job, or will get governmental assistance. It is an amazingly large number, yes, I wont argue that.

The difference between the two scenarios, we will eventually find a treatment for the disease and be able to significantly reduce those death rates. Not so much for trafficking, it was a large problem before, and it will continue to be a larger problem for many years after COVID19. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

Isn't that the point? Robert Kraft is spending his time and money to support others in need when the majority of people cannot. Feel free to blast him for it if that makes you feel better. 

Dude, you asked how much soneone spent on charity, not me, and I started this thread. Still think I'm blasting him?

20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I'm the one being naive? You clearly have zero idea what you are talking about. 

I'm genuinely curious if you think that's all human trafficking is? Women are raped against their will constantly, forced into drugs, and some are murdered. So because they dont die, this makes them less a victim? 

If you want to argue cascading ways people are affected by the disease, we can do so. But, you have to give the same to the other side of the argument. 

Let's assume 1 million people die from this disease, which is quite a long ways to go. Those would be the people directly affected by it. Add in family members that now mourn for the victims (hard number to estimate but let's say x10, so another 10 million). 

Now do the same for the 9 million women annually trafficked. 

We could go into unemployment sure, but while affected, a majority of those people will recover a job, or will get governmental assistance. It is an amazingly large number, yes, I wont argue that.

The difference between the two scenarios, we will eventually find a treatment for the disease and be able to significantly reduce those death rates. Not so much for trafficking, it was a large problem before, and it will continue to be a larger problem for many years after COVID19. 

Sorry, I'm  not falling into this trap where you want the narative to be on human trafficking  instead of a good thing Kraft did.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sorry, I'm  not falling into this trap where you want the narative to be on human trafficking  instead of a good thing Kraft did.

You do you. With that being said, and this is not being snarky. 

Please educate yourself on the problem of human trafficking. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Over 300 million  Americans are affected. 10 million applied for unemployment in 2 weeks. You are being insanely naive.  

That's because we over reacted.  The cure is worse than the disease.  Lots of people MAY not get the virus but what do they have left to go back to?  Quality of life has to factor in somehow.  

45 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You do you. With that being said, and this is not being snarky. 

Please educate yourself on the problem of human trafficking. 

I never said it's not a problem or it isn't  a bad or even horrible thing,  I said what we are currently dealing with is much worse and affects everyone. Bob Kraft went to get a BJ, i don't  think anyone would look at that as supporting human trafficking except soneone that wants to paint him in a poor light. The fact that you feel you need to bring this up now at length says a lot more about you than Kraft. 

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

That's because we over reacted.  The cure is worse than the disease.  Lots of people MAY not get the virus but what do they have left to go back to?  Quality of life has to factor in somehow.  

I'm only responding to this because you responded to my post with this BS. 

What you just wrote is straight out of the ultra right playbook. Nothing is worse than dying. Tomorrow  according  to our mayor, there will be people who need to be put on ventilators and there will not be any to put them on, almost 300K cases in the US, over a million around the world and we haven't  hit the apex yet. What is being done is the correct thing to do. 

The economy will bounce back when this is over, the people who die from it won't.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

So 300,000 masks from China, great, isn't China the place where this thing came from and originated at? I'm sorry but I'll never trust anything from China again regardless a very kind and caring move from Kraft. 

BINGO

This is what everyone should have in their thought process in regards to these PPE items coming from China. Some have shown to be already tainted.

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm only responding to this because you responded to my post with this BS. 

What you just wrote is straight out of the ultra right playbook. Nothing is worse than dying. Tomorrow  according  to our mayor, there will be people who need to be put on ventilators and there will not be any to put them on, almost 300K cases in the US, over a million around the world and we haven't  hit the apex yet. What is being done is the correct thing to do. 

The economy will bounce back when this is over, the people who die from it won't.  

If we are doing the correct thing, why are there so many cases and deaths.  Shutting down everything hasn't solved anything.  It just made a bad situation worse.

• Thumb Down 3

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I never said it's not a problem or it isn't  a bad or even horrible thing,  I said what we are currently dealing with is much worse and affects everyone. Bob Kraft went to get a BJ, i don't  think anyone would look at that as supporting human trafficking except soneone that wants to paint him in a poor light. The fact that you feel you need to bring this up now at length says a lot more about you than Kraft. 

Seriously.  You’d think Kraft was the one trafficking these poor women in on his personal plane with the way this guy is talking. What’s next -anyone who’s taken an illegal drug should be implicated for cartel violence in central and South America? 

to be fair, my original response to JT I thought he was referring to Kraft’s NFL transgressions.  

Is he a perfect person? No one is. But he did a good thing here that’s going to help a lot of our hospital workers out and probably save a few lives.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This really encapsulates the entire issue. You clearly dont think it's a problem when you refer to it as Kraft "simply getting a BJ".

You lose all credibility at that point and shows your ignorance on the issue, and says more about you and your views, than anything of mine.