Tony The Wiz

My Quarterbacks Evaluation For the 2020 NFL Draft.

Eason makes a lot of sense for NE at 23 dudes got a hell of an arm 

@Tony The Wiz being a ND fan, if Ian Book did come out, where would you have placed him based only on game tape?

Thanks for the breakdown. Except for having seen only 6 of these Qb’s this gives me a good idea where the rest stand

Thanks for putting in the time!!

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

His dad did play football and is named Tony.

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

I’d love New England to sign a QB that sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

@Tony The Wiz being a ND fan, if Ian Book did come out, where would you have placed him based only on game tape?

Thanks for the breakdown. Except for having seen only 6 of these Qb’s this gives me a good idea where the rest stand

Thanks for putting in the time!!

I am also a Notre Dame fan for years. Book needed to step up last year and he didn't. He is really up and down and he really needs this year to establish himself. Hopefully we will see a College season. 

13 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I am also a Notre Dame fan for years. Book needed to step up last year and he didn't. He is really up and down and he really needs this year to establish himself. Hopefully we will see a College season. 

I wonder if NCAA would add a year of eligibility if season were to be cancelled?

i think he missed Boykin a lot! He was his go to guy with Claypool as a great 2nd option with Kmet & Finke and a better OL.  2019 had Claypool & Finke and Kmet as the only sure handed options. OL had no studs this past year. McGlinchy and Nelson greatly missed 

On 4/4/2020 at 5:20 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thank you for an excellent review. Great read and quality information. 

Are you going to release one's for WR and O-Line? 

Sorry not to get back to you. But I am working on my next evaluation, the running backs, which I am almost finished with. Probably later today I will release it. Thank you for your comment. 

On 4/4/2020 at 6:26 AM, SR24 said:

Plus he has the same name as NE’s best non cheating QB ever

On 4/4/2020 at 6:26 AM, SR24 said:

I totally agree. I really think they are going to draft him. 

I’m pretty sure NE believes they have their QB on the roster 

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

I’m pretty sure NE believes they have their QB on the roster 

They’re gonna tank 4 trevor 

Pats have a crappy roster and the NFL’s toughest schedule 

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

They’re gonna tank 4 trevor 

Pats have a crappy roster and the NFL’s toughest schedule 

Not only have they lost Tom Brady but they've lost 4 defensive starters and have done a crap job replacing them throughout Free Agency thus far and just like 2008 without Brady they are going to completely miss the playoffs this year without him. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not only have they lost Tom Brady but they've lost 4 defensive starters and have done a crap job replacing them throughout Free Agency thus far and just like 2008 without Brady they are going to completely miss the playoffs this year without him. 

Wouldn't be nice for the Patriots to go 7 and 9 and then hear their fans crying to the heavens.  

On 4/4/2020 at 9:05 AM, Snook said:

His dad did played somewhat crappy football and is named Tony.

fixed that for you.

3 hours ago, peebag said:

fixed that for you.

He averaged 16.9 yards per completion and 1 Td every 15 completions in college  (catches..completions ..same thing) 

Will the real Tony Eason please stand up.

Good stuff. I understand where you are coming from on Hurts but many see him as a possible first rounder lately.

On 4/6/2020 at 3:34 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don’t be shocked if Belichick suddenly has to sit out next season with a medical issue

On 4/7/2020 at 1:39 PM, Gangrene said:

Tony, thank you...great read.

SI reported that New England had a pre draft meeting with James Morgan of Florida International.

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/gm-report/patriots-had-pre-draft-meeting-with-james-morgan

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/04/draft-notes-giants-wirfs-morgan-jets-bailey-edwards

As are the Jets.

Here’s more from around the league as the draft rapidly approaches:

We know all about the top quarterbacks available, but James Morgan is an unheralded name who has been picking up steam lately. We heard last week that the Patriots were sniffing around and that a handful of other teams were interested in the FIU passer as well. Morgan is “pushing to be a mid-rounder” and has been interviewing well, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network tweets. Rapoport also notes that Morgan was interviewing with the Jets on Wednesday. Morgan completed only 58 percent of his passes last year with 14 touchdowns and five interceptions, but his numbers were much better the season before. He appears to be one of this draft’s late risers.

12 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/04/draft-notes-giants-wirfs-morgan-jets-bailey-edwards

As are the Jets.

Here’s more from around the league as the draft rapidly approaches:

We know all about the top quarterbacks available, but James Morgan is an unheralded name who has been picking up steam lately. We heard last week that the Patriots were sniffing around and that a handful of other teams were interested in the FIU passer as well. Morgan is “pushing to be a mid-rounder” and has been interviewing well, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network tweets. Rapoport also notes that Morgan was interviewing with the Jets on Wednesday. Morgan completed only 58 percent of his passes last year with 14 touchdowns and five interceptions, but his numbers were much better the season before. He appears to be one of this draft’s late risers.

I saw that. I'm less interested what he does with the Jets because they can't afford to draft him in second or third round, they have too many obvious needs. The Patriots have a more obvious need. He's going to go too high to be drafted as a back up qb  for the Jets. I'm imagining the Jets are  doing due diligence/scouting  him in the event they have to face him twice  in a  Patriots jersey.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, Tony The Wiz said:

13. JAKE LUTON -  OREGON ST. -    I  Got him oven Steven Montez in this ranking. I watched Montez much more and he just always had bad games when I watched. And Luton always performed well.  He is a big size QB who is a little slow footed. He will need protection in the NFL. This year he was wonderful not turning the ball over. He only had 3 interceptions. He does need refining, but he has all the tools with a nice arm. He shows you he is a smart QB with the few turnovers he had, and he has large hands at 10 3/8 inches.  He needs to put some muscle on that 6:6 frame and get stronger. At 224 lbs he reminds you of a Mike Glennon.  A nice QB to draft in the later rounds to develop.   LATE 6TH ROUND GRADE

My favorite dark horse QB in this year's draft.