Jump to content
Dcat

Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs: best vids I could find

Assume WR at 11. Pick one.  

75 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. If 11 is WR, which one is your top choice?


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2020 at 10:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Nice video selections. Jeudy and Riggs have them too. If not a Pro-ready LT on the board and can’t trade down I’m fine with either of those 3. I just hope JD  has the eye for which of those 3 fits with Sam & system the best. Prefer trading out for additional picks if OT gone

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rollins on the Jeud (Rollins is always great)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we were talking Joe Thomas or even Laremy Tunsil I would feel different.  But the WRs will be the Best Football Players at 11.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bur-Lesson on the Rug:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Nice video selections. Jeudy and Riggs have them too. If not a Pro-ready LT on the board and can’t trade down I’m fine with either of those 3. I just hope JD  has the eye for which of those 3 fits with Sam & system the best. Prefer trading out for additional picks if OT gone

Can't find Rollins on Ruggs anywhere.  I prefer Rollins to just about anyone.  Burleson is not as detailed or technical and more for casual fans like me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

oh it's close.  What an outstanding top 3.  

I hope you’re right but I don’t see it, If Lamb was 6”3 and 25 pounds heavier I’d agree. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I maintain that if we go wr at 11 it’s lamb or ruggs not jeudy.  That’s my opinion of what douglas will do.  IMO it’s lamb, then ruggs, then OT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nico002 said:

I hope you’re right but I don’t see it, If Lamb was 6”3 and 25 pounds heavier I’d agree. 

my vote is still Jeudy, BTW.  I do reallly love all 3 of the others and the best thing about them all is that they each shine in different ways.  

My guess is that at least one will be off the board before 11 and JD will need to choose among 2 of them and whatever OTs are there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dcat said:

my vote is still Jeudy, BTW.  I do reallly love all 3 of the others and the best thing about them all is that they each shine in different ways.  

My guess is that at least one will be off the board before 11 and JD will need to choose among 2 of them and whatever OTs are there.  

I agree, i think one of the wrs, and maybe even 2, will be gone by 11.  This means at least 1 if not 2 of the tackles will be there at 11.  Truth, douglas will have a heck of a decision.  I think it’s going to be between either lamb/ruggs or Thomas.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s scary to me about Ruggs is that if he’s this freakish amazing prospect with elite speed, hands, etc, why would he be available at 11?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree, i think one of the wrs, and maybe even 2, will be gone by 11.  This means at least 1 if not 2 of the tackles will be there at 11.  Truth, douglas will have a heck of a decision.  I think it’s going to be between either lamb/ruggs or Thomas.  

Evidently Kyler Murray pushing hard for Lamb. Hoping this is true, allowing for one more opportunity where an OT falls to us. With Hopkins however, he may be overruled by CS & GM

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wiilis, Bechton, Thomas, Wirfs, Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb. I woukd be very happy if we draft any of them. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s scary to me about Ruggs is that if he’s this freakish amazing prospect with elite speed, hands, etc, why would he be available at 11?

You are probably right Tom. He probably goes in the top 10

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could live with us taking jeudy or Lamb I think they are both pretty decent prospects. We 100 percent should take an ot prospect in the first round though. If we take ruggs I might cry a bit. I think he will end up being the next tavon Austin (not a bad thing but not what you want in your highly drafted reciever)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

What’s scary to me about Ruggs is that if he’s this freakish amazing prospect with elite speed, hands, etc, why would he be available at 11?

1) kinda small, 2) other top wrs available, 3) qb/OT/edge rusher/top cb prospects also available.  Strong draft at the top.  

IMO if douglas takes a wr at 11 it’s ruggs or lamb, the two home run hitters.  Also don’t think he’d take any of the 4 tackles over any of the wrs.  I do think lamb is the target, and then ruggs, but this could get cloudy if one of his preferred OTs is there at 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s scary to me about Ruggs is that if he’s this freakish amazing prospect with elite speed, hands, etc, why would he be available at 11?

because there is Jeudy and Lamb for the taking and they are right there with Ruggs, albeit different skill sets.  This WR class in rd 1 is giving the Jets an opportunity that I can't ever remember them having.  What could be years of top WR talent plus rd 2 OTs that in any other draft would be round 1?    

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I could live with us taking jeudy or Lamb I think they are both pretty decent prospects. We 100 percent should take an ot prospect in the first round though. If we take ruggs I might cry a bit. I think he will end up being the next tavon Austin (not a bad thing but not what you want in your highly drafted reciever)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Yikes.  I couldn't disagree more if I tried.  Nothing alike. Except for maybe size? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Also don’t think he’d take any of the 4 tackles over any of the wrs.

I just can’t see how or why that would be the case. None of these receivers are pristine, Megatron-type prospects, and the supposed second-tier guys seem to be pretty nice prospects as well. I can’t see why any GM would turn their noses up at any of the tackles—especially a team as desperate for OT as the Jets—to take any of these receivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

because there is Jeudy and Lamb for the taking and they are right there with Ruggs, albeit different skill sets.  This WR class in rd 1 is giving the Jets an opportunity that I can't ever remember them having.  What could be years of top WR talent plus rd 2 OTs that in any other draft would be round 1?    

I don’t know that Austin Jackson or Peart would profile as first rounders in any other draft, but I think guys like Jefferson and Mims most certainly would. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

I just can’t see how or why that would be the case. None of these receivers are pristine, Megatron-type prospects, and the supposed second-tier guys seem to be pretty nice prospects as well. I can’t see why any GM would turn their noses up at any of the tackles—especially a team as desperate for OT as the Jets—to take any of these receivers. 

By the same token none of these tackles are as clean as, say, brick.  Some of the write ups of these tackles say that some scouts see them as guards.  That’s a bit alarming.  And the nfl has changed, the new model is the chiefs.  Accumulate weapons and have a functional offensive line.  There is not just one way to get that functional OL.

if the jets took Thomas or wills I’m down with that.  Totally.  There are enough wrs to build an offense in the next few rounds.  I just don’t see douglas doing this.  The jets have had arguably the worst skill positions for the greater part of a decade.  They’ve routinely neglected drafting them early and virtually none of them in later rounds (and with guys like hill and smith) sucked in the 2nd.  Douglas can turn a major weakness into a strength right away, by drafting ruggs or lamb, then taking another weapon in the 3rd.  Ruggs/3rd round wr/crowder/herndon/bell/perriman - those are weapons.  You can score quickly, something douglas mentioned in his pre combine presser.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping that the thread will not turn into a OT vs WR at 11 discussion.

My intent was to make it a discussion comparing these 3 WRs... let's leave OT vs WR to another thread.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t write this article, although it’s exactly what I’ve been preaching for a while about Ruggs.

 

 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/henry-ruggs-nfl-draft-size-speed-production

 

DISPELLING MISCONCEPTIONS SURROUNDING HENRY RUGGS III
 

It’s not realistic and quite honestly boring for people to agree on everything; learning from each other's differences is a wonderful thing. But even with that in mind, the wide-ranging viewpoints when it comes to Alabama wide receiver Henry Ruggs III are baffling. 

There can be varying degrees of how much someone likes Ruggs, especially as a first-round prospect. But the debate should be if he is a top-10 or top-20 player, not if he even belongs in the first-round conversation.

There are some bad, lazy and incorrect narratives about Ruggs. It’s time to dispel some of these misconceptions. 

 

HE’S SMALL

More than any other position, receivers come in a variety of sizes. There are dynamic pass-catchers like Mike Evans, who measures 6-foot-5 and 234 pounds, while Tyreek Hill is 5-foot-10 and 185 pounds. Both present unique challenges. 

Being concerned that Ruggs is 5-foot-11 and 188 pounds is an unnecessary fear. His build is similar to Hill, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders or Tyler Lockett, who have all been meaningful playmakers in recent years. 

One of my favorite components of Ruggs’ game is that he plays bigger than he measures. He plays through contact as a route runner and at the top of routes. Ruggs gets after the ball and brings the fight when blocking. He is willing to be physical after the catch. 
 

No, Ruggs’ wingspan won’t be confused for that of Julio Jones, but he’s not short and his vertical jump of 42 inches and broad jump of 131 inches say everything about his explosiveness to elevate and go get the football. 
 

Being tall and long only matters if the receiver knows how to apply those traits to making plays on the field. Ruggs has no issues playing big and attacking the football like an alpha. 
 

HE’S JUST A FAST GUY

This grinds my gears; selling Ruggs’ 4.27-second 40-yard dash as some sort of negative is lazy. While there is validity that speed only matters if it can be controlled, Ruggs’ game tape clearly showcases that he knows how to remain balanced and his speed as a weapon.

John Ross is the poster boy for why someone shouldn’t fall in love with a receiver just because he is fast. Ross doesn’t control his speed well and it leads to sloppy routes that aren’t challenging to mirror because there is very little deception. 

Despite clocking a record 4.22 40-yard dash, Ross isn’t a meaningful NFL receiver because he doesn’t know how to make his speed matter. There are other dynamics to Ross’ game like his injury history, inconsistent hands and ball skills that have led to his demise; lumping Ruggs with Ross is short-sighted. The two have very little in common aside from their historic 40-yard dash times. 
 

HE WASN’T A NO. 1 WR IN COLLEGE 

Talk about a lack of context. 

Ruggs was part of a receiver corps that also included Jerry Jeudy, Devonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle. There’s nothing to be concerned about with Ruggs’ production. 

My favorite thing about Ruggs is how he made the most of his time at Alabama. Across three seasons, Ruggs had 100 touches from scrimmage, averaged 17.9 yards per touch and scored 25 touchdowns and 25 percent of his touches went for scores. He did it all at a very high level of competition. Ruggs put up these numbers in the best conference (SEC) and best division (SEC West) in college football. 

While Ruggs is electric with the football some of my favorite plays he made in college came without touching the football. 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruggs could potentially be Antonio Brown without the batsh*t crazy persona.

I’d be thrilled with any of the consensus Top 3 wideouts, though I’d probably give the edge to Jeudy.

But Ruggs isn’t some kind of one dimensional deep threat like many are making him out to be.

Dude is a dynamic athlete who is scrappy as hell, has baseball mitts for hands, and has no qualms about working the middle of the field.

The last time the Jets had an offensive weapon who could potentially score every time he touched the ball was Santana Moss. And Ruggs is on another level.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s scary to me about Ruggs is that if he’s this freakish amazing prospect with elite speed, hands, etc, why would he be available at 11?

The storm of Ruggs hype is rather interesting.  I'm not trying to say he isn't a good prospect or won't be good or shouldn't be in the discussion, but it's just an interesting ascencion.

He ran fast, but everyone knew he'd run fast.  He hasn't done anything since December that should change anyone's outlook on him.  He tested exactly how people thought he would.  So what made the hype train take off exactly if he did everything people thought he would?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record Lamb is my favorite of the bunch.  Has been since early October.  Not changing now.

Although Claypool later would be perfectly ok by me as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The storm of Ruggs hype is rather interesting.  I'm not trying to say he isn't a good prospect or won't be good or shouldn't be in the discussion, but it's just an interesting ascencion.

He ran fast, but everyone knew he'd run fast.  He hasn't done anything since December that should change anyone's outlook on him.  He tested exactly how people thought he would.  So what made the hype train take off exactly if he did everything people thought he would?

Here’s the thing, the “hype” has always been around him,  the people who have been around the program and know these kids were always high on Ruggs.  Just because the online draft community is just coming around now doesn’t mean scouts and coaches weren’t of these opinions a year ago.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just can’t see how or why that would be the case. None of these receivers are pristine, Megatron-type prospects, and the supposed second-tier guys seem to be pretty nice prospects as well. I can’t see why any GM would turn their noses up at any of the tackles—especially a team as desperate for OT as the Jets—to take any of these receivers. 

I am curious if the receivers in the draft fall for that reason. Market in FA was cool due to the WR class. Why wouldn’t that extend to the top of the draft where those guys aren’t crazy elite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Here’s the thing, the “hype” has always been around him,  the people who have been around the program and know these kids were always high on Ruggs.  Just because the online draft community is just coming around now doesn’t mean scouts and coaches weren’t of these opinions a year ago.  

For some. My statement is not a blanket statement that no one viewed him in this discussion on November.  Some did, I wouldn't say nearly the amount that do now though.  And that includes people who pay attention to this stuff.  I could be wrong, but I don't remember if being a 3 player discussion at WR during the CFB season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb.

Jeudy is fine tuned and shifty. He moves like Antonio Brown. He would get open using speed and skill and it always looked easy.

Ruggs is fast and makes everything look impressive. But his route running isn’t Jeudy level and he was the 3rd option on his offense and spent a lot of time being a gadget guy. That’s disconcerting.

Lamb isn’t a great athlete. He played in the Big 12 and his style lacks polish. Can his unorthodoxy function in the NFL? I don’t know and I don’t want to find out of Jeudy is in the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I go Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb.

Jeudy is fine tuned and shifty. He moves like Antonio Brown. He would get open using speed and skill and it always looked easy.

Ruggs is fast and makes everything look impressive. But his route running isn’t Jeudy level and he was the 3rd option on his offense and spent a lot of time being a gadget guy. That’s disconcerting.

Lamb isn’t a great athlete. He played in the Big 12 and his style lacks polish. Can his unorthodoxy function in the NFL? I don’t know and I don’t want to find out of Jeudy is in the board.

How does he lack polish? He's a good route runner, a good blocker, excellent at highpointing the ball, with great hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...