Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs: best vids I could find

Dcat

Assume WR at 11. Pick one.  

75 members have voted

1. 1. If 11 is WR, which one is your top choice?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2020 at 10:00 PM

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

Bur-Lesson on the Lamb:

Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs.  I've flip-flopped as to which of these I want JD to pick at 11.   Here is the case for Cee Dee

I dont think you can go wrong with any one of these guys, talent-wise. 

My concern are the Jets as an organization. The Jets know how to do 2 things very well. 

#1. Squander opportunity. 

#2. Squander talent. 

And yes, Im generally speaking here for those who may want to come to the defense and mention that JD is new...as if the Jets only had 1 GM the past 50 years prior. Im being general based on the historical so no need to explain the obvious. 

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Bur-Lesson on the Rug:

Download video

Speed...huge hands (10 1/8") and upside makes him my 2nd favorite WR next to Jeudy.   If Jeudy is gone at pick #11...I'd take Ruggs.   Darnold needs scary weapons...not just protection.   Ruggs is faster then a speedy you know what.  Speed kills!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This is the big variable, I guess, and it’s troubling because if they pass on, say, Wills because he doesn’t “fit the system,” and you end up firing Gase in January, then Douglas will have absolutely played himself. I’d hope they wouldn’t pass on a big OL in deference to a coach who’s got one foot on a banana peel. That’s how you become an ex-GM

I'm less of a Gase fan than you are (though not the hater, at all, that many people here are), but I think things would have to seriously go very south, especially on offense, for Gase to get the ax after just two seasons. 

Could it happen? Sure. Tough schedule. Still a lot of question marks on the roster. And Joe Douglas definitely has the juice in the organization with his six-year deal. But I think there's a real, if not binding, Gase-Douglas connection. I think they want to do this the same way, together. 

So yeah, I'm back where I began. I think JD gets Gase the groceries he wants, within reason. I get your ex-GM point, but Mac probably helped himself out the door by not working with his HCs enough. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Ruggs could potentially be Antonio Brown without the batsh*t crazy persona.

I’d be thrilled with any of the consensus Top 3 wideouts, though I’d probably give the edge to Jeudy.

But Ruggs isn’t some kind of one dimensional deep threat like many are making him out to be.

Dude is a dynamic athlete who is scrappy as hell, has baseball mitts for hands, and has no qualms about working the middle of the field.

The last time the Jets had an offensive weapon who could potentially score every time he touched the ball was Santana Moss. And Ruggs is on another level.

Good comparison. I can see that. Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs in that order. 

5 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Polished...instinctive and cerebral...like no other receiver in this draft.  If Jets stay at pick #11...it's Jeudy for me.

I am very impressed by him.  He is not like crowder or just a slot receiver.  Thats too funny. You can't say that after you watch this breakdown.  

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont think you can go wrong with any one of these guys, talent-wise. 

My concern are the Jets as an organization. The Jets know how to do 2 things very well. 

#1. Squander opportunity. 

#2. Squander talent. 

And yes, Im generally speaking here for those who may want to come to the defense and mention that JD is new...as if the Jets only had 1 GM the past 50 years prior. Im being general based on the historical so no need to explain the obvious. 

The bold relates to the topic.  The rest doesn't.  At least it's not 42 paragraphs.  

Sitting here comparing these three to those possibly there at 48 (Aiyuk, and maybe.... just maybe if we are lucky... one of Reagor, Mims) Jefferson and Higgins have little chance to be at 48.  We are dealing with leftovers compared to JLR?  I dont want Aiyuk.  And it is very possible that all of the above have vanished by pick 47.  I'd hate to have to trade up, but if we go that direction, shoot for Higgins.  

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yikes.  I couldn't disagree more if I tried.  Nothing alike. Except for maybe size? 

Not even size.  Ruggs is 5'11 190 and has a lean but muscular frame.  Austin was a Smurf. He also play nothing like Austin.   I have no idea where these comparisons come from. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Sitting here comparing these three to those possibly there at 48 (Aiyuk, and maybe.... just maybe if we are lucky... one of Reagor, Mims) Jefferson and Higgins have little chance to be at 48.  We are dealing with leftovers compared to JLR?  I dont want Aiyuk.  And it is very possible that all of the above have vanished by pick 47.  I'd hate to have to trade up, but if we go that direction, shoot for Higgins.  

If the Jets go tackle or tradedown from#11 and pick a non wideout.  My 2nd round hope would be the big speedy Higgins.  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

The bold relates to the topic.  The rest doesn't. 

Yeah, if you disregard the Jets squandering over the past decades, including Darnold. 

At least it's not 42 paragraphs.  

5-6 paragraphs would look paramount to those who can only deal with Twitter-sized chunks. 

My apologies. Hopefully this was under 140 characters. 

50 cent laughing GIF

27 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, if you disregard the Jets squandering over the past decades, including Darnold. 

5-6 paragraphs would look paramount to those who can only deal with Twitter-sized chunks. 

^This is trolling.  Has nothing to do with this thread topic.  Maybe Max should ban you from this thread. 

• Upvote 1

Back on topic.  Just watched more Ruggs.  Everytime I watch him, I like him even more.  LOL ... not an easy choice.  Lots of very difficult choices in this draft for JD.  OL vs WR vs other vs tradeback?  And if WR, choosing one of these 3.  Great arguments for all 3, but one I find very compelling is the Cee Dee fit with Darnold's movement and improvisation.   

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

^This is trolling.  Has nothing to do with this thread topic.  Maybe Max should ban you from this thread. 

Maybe you should stop playing the victim. I initially made a statement about the Jets and their constant failures, you responded about my paragraph writing habits, which had nothing to do with the thread topic. 

We have reached the point in the process where over analysis, nitpicking, hot take/dare to be different takes the forefront of draft talk.  All 3 of these guys clearly have a ton of potential and I think are going to be good players in the NFL.  They were all top 20 recruits in the nation coming out of high school.  Juedy 5 start #3, Lamb 4 star #10, Ruggs 4 star #19 (Peoples-Jones #1, Higgins #2).   

I think there is something to be said about big time prospects, who go to big time programs and live up to the hype.  To me, it shows that they can make the jump and hang with next tier talent.  The stress of living up to expectations is sometimes the biggest challenge, so it should give you confidence that they can live up to high expectations.

So how do you differentiate?  I usually keep it very simple in these scenarios and typically break it down to the most basic ask of the player at their position.  For a WR?  Can they get open and catch the ball.  Who do you trust the most of these 3 to do just that?  IMO, its Jeudy without question.  His route running is elite, his ability to stop on a dime is elite, he's explosive and sudden with great hands and off the field is supposedly a low maintenance kid.  

Dont over think it.  Jeudy was born to play WR.  He's had the NFL hype since High School and did nothing in college but show you why.  I'd honestly be happy with all 3 but I'd feel the most confident in Jeudy than I would the other 2. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JiF said:

We have reached the point in the process where over analysis, nitpicking, hot take/dare to be different takes the forefront of draft talk.  All 3 of these guys clearly have a ton of potential and I think are going to be good players in the NFL.  They were all top 20 recruits in the nation coming out of high school.  Juedy 5 start #3, Lamb 4 star #10, Ruggs 4 star #19 (Peoples-Jones #1, Higgins #2).   

I think there is something to be said about big time prospects, who go to big time programs and live up to the hype.  To me, it shows that they can make the jump and hang with next tier talent.  The stress of living up to expectations is sometimes the biggest challenge, so it should give you confidence that they can live up to high expectations.

So how do you differentiate?  I usually keep it very simple in these scenarios and typically break it down to the most basic ask of the player at their position.  For a WR?  Can they get open and catch the ball.  Who do you trust the most of these 3 to do just that?  IMO, its Jeudy without question.  His route running is elite, his ability to stop on a dime is elite, he's explosive and sudden with great hands and off the field is supposedly a low maintenance kid.  

Dont over think it.  Jeudy was born to play WR.  He's had the NFL hype since High School and did nothing in college but show you why.  I'd honestly be happy with all 3 but I'd feel the most confident in Jeudy than I would the other 2. 

Jeudy is so unique.  Can run any route to perfection. Has a high football IQ and studies the game.  Sees the field like a QB...has that ability to make the pre-snap and post snap reads.  Quickly breaks his route and finds the weak coverage spots.  This OL will not be an Armada wall after this draft.   The OL rebuild process will continue next year.  Darnold is a mobile QB that can make throws on the move.  Having Jeudy getting consistently open is a precious gift he needs from this draft.   And the scary weapon Gase needs to game plan his passing game.

JD definitely would draft a tackle at pick #11 if  the ones he covets are still there.  But we all know  that whatever tackle(s) remaining, or if none at all is there at #11, he will pivot to either WR or possibly a tradedown.  I have confidence JD can make the necessary fixes to the OL in rounds 2-4.  So for me...

Jeudy at #11 is the pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenReaper said:

Jeudy is so unique.  Can run any route to perfection. Has a high football IQ and studies the game.  Sees the field like a QB...has that ability to make the pre-snap and post snap reads.  Quickly breaks his route and finds the weak coverage spots.  This OL will not be an Armada wall after this draft.   The OL rebuild process will continue next year.  Darnold is a mobile QB that can make throws on the move.  Having Jeudy getting consistently open is a precious gift he needs from this draft.   And the scary weapon Gase needs to game plan his passing game.

JD definitely would draft a tackle at pick #11 if  the ones he covets are still there.  But we all know  that whatever tackle(s) remaining, or if none at all is there at #11, he will pivot to either WR or possibly a tradedown.  I have confidence JD can make the necessary fixes to the OL in rounds 2-4.  So for me...

Jeudy at #11 is the pick.

Would rather Lamb. He fits what we need in a WR better. Jeudy is a finesse slot WR. We have that in Crowder.

On 4/4/2020 at 11:42 AM, T0mShane said:

That’s the thing, though; it’s hard to be confident that any of these receivers are close to that level. The best receiver in the game right now is Michael Thomas, who went in the second round, and he’s a slower guy who murders CBs to get to the football. Can I get a guy like that later? Michael Pittman, perhaps? 

Watching the highlights, this sounds like Mims.  Of course Mims is NOT slow.  I'd be fine with that, but I doubt he is lasting to our 2nd. 

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Maybe you should stop playing the victim. I initially made a statement about the Jets and their constant failures, you responded about my paragraph writing habits, which had nothing to do with the thread topic. 

^trolling again.

I'm pretty surprised by the poll results (thanks for voting).  1st, 2nd and 3rd each by a wide margin and not even close.  I hope it's not because of Rollins great analysis and Burlson's little skit.  I thought it was going to be so very much closer.  It sure is for me.  

Probably a moot point as JD will land us a franchise LT, right?

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

I'm pretty surprised by the poll results (thanks for voting).  1st, 2nd and 3rd each by a wide margin and not even close.  I hope it's not because of Rollins great analysis and Burlson's little skit.  I thought it was going to be so very much closer.  It sure is for me.  

Probably a moot point as JD will land us a franchise LT, right?

Jeudy has the highest floor.  If we're going to potentially pass on a LT to take a WR, we absolutely cannot afford to draft a bust.  

• Upvote 1

Daniel Jeremiah just posted his mock draft has us taking Ceedee Lamb.  

NYJ.png

CeeDee Lamb - WR

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior

The Jets need to continue to upgrade the O-line, but they must weigh taking the fourth-best OT versus the top wideout. Sam Darnold needs some dynamic players around him

PICK

OAK.png

Jerry Jeudy - WR

School: Alabama | Year: Junior

This decision would likely come down to Jeudy versus Javon Kinlaw. I would applaud either choice

PICK13

SF.png

Henry Ruggs III - WR

Let's take a minute and just imagine Ruggs in the hands of a creative play-caller like Kyle Shanahan.

• Upvote 1

the league has all these advanced AWS stats 

like highest MPH recorded on the field 

I'm a Ruggs supporter because it would nice to see a Jets player get over 20 MPH and break something 

Bell is like 8 mph it's a joke. Griffin is Sam's security blanket, ran like a 4.7. Crowder is a 4.5 guy which is fine. 

but other than Perriman (healthy 5 games a year) and Vyncent Smythe this roster is deadly slow 

1 hour ago, Marshmello said:

Daniel Jeremiah just posted his mock draft has us taking Ceedee Lamb.  

NYJ.png

CeeDee Lamb - WR

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior

The Jets need to continue to upgrade the O-line, but they must weigh taking the fourth-best OT versus the top wideout. Sam Darnold needs some dynamic players around him

PICK

OAK.png

Jerry Jeudy - WR

This decision would likely come down to Jeudy versus Javon Kinlaw. I would applaud either choice

PICK13

SF.png

Henry Ruggs III - WR

Let's take a minute and just imagine Ruggs in the hands of a creative play-caller like Kyle Shanahan.

this kind of mock draft assumes "Smart" teams like 49ers do "smart" things

in most years it's not a bad strategy to predict the draft

maybe this is just blind hope but JD seems more competent than Mac

TL:DR - if Ruggs is smart at 13 he's smart at 11