Jump to content
JetNation

What Contract Negotiations With Jamal Adams Should Look Like

Recommended Posts

Jamal Adams

This week GreenBean takes a quick look at Jamal Adams and how the contract negotiations could look with Joe Douglas. Joe Douglas says he wants to sign Jamal Adams to a long term deal.

GreenBean tells us why that is a good idea, but it just shouldn’t happen this year. Check out this three minute video and let us know what you think!

The post What Contract Negotiations With Jamal Adams Should Look Like appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
qHssiKrfpq8

Click here to read the full story...

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JD: Jamal your only worth about 9 million a year...

Jamal: No way dawg, you need to go back and be watchin' my film. I'm easily the Best safety in the league and of all time!...

JD: Why?

Jamal: Dude the proofs in the puddin

JD: Maye has double your interceptions in the same amount if seasons, less games actually due to injury...

Jamal: Nah dawg nahhh. After all I've done on and off the field bro...

JD: Excuse me man, I just gotta make a quick call to Jerry Jones....

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GREENBEAN you're still the man but this video is ridiculous! lmao

You may be right on the high level framework of how the negotiation goes this year but no way in hell the tone of the negotiations go down like that. I mean, c'mon man. 🤣

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 Ignore him

2021 Ignore him

2022 Franchise

Also there is no way he should be the highest paid safety in the league.

  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prove you’re the best safety Jamal and you will be payed as such. This is a “prove it” year. They have lots of cap space next year.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I like Jamal Adams.

I would do that trade.....although my preference would be to have a known player included.  Tyron Smith and a 2nd this year probably gets it done for me.  We'd have the following setup...

1. Supreme Draft flexibility.  Still have the #11, #48 (own), #51, and two 3rd round picks.

2. Will have already solved the LT problem with an established veteran player (Smith) who should be good for another 3-5 years.

3. Can still draft an OT at #11 or #48 if a good one drops and then start him at RT this year.  Could double-dip at WR in the 1st and 2nd.  Could target an Edge rusher earlier in the Draft than expected.

4. Could use a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick to draft a young SS.

5. Money that would have been used on Jamal mostly goes to Tyron Smith.

6. Extend Marcus Maye as a leader in the Secondary.

I'm sold on this. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TNJet said:

JD: Jamal your only worth about 9 million a year...

Jamal: No way dawg, you need to go back and be watchin' my film. I'm easily the Best safety in the league and of all time!...

JD: Why?

Jamal: Dude the proofs in the puddin

JD: Maye has double your interceptions in the same amount if seasons, less games actually due to injury...

Jamal: Nah dawg nahhh. After all I've done on and off the field bro...

JD: Excuse me man, I just gotta make a quick call to Jerry Jones....

Nope. You've got it all wrong because after being selected to an All-Rookie team it just wasn't good enough for certain types of Jet fans such as yourself after only 1 year - and even after consecutive Pro Bowl selections along with a First-year All-Pro honor; fans such as yourself still aren't satisfied after only his first 3 years of play. 

The joke is on you, not Jamal Adams, "dog". 

And you can mock him all you like with your little sarcastic and immature ghetto mockings consisting of words like "dawg" and "be watchin" as a way of degrading a kids character (only 24 years old) but this still doesn't change the fact that...

• Jamal Adams has spoken just like (longtime suffering) Jet fans since the very moment he arrived out of LSU/SEC and immediately called out veterans within Bowles locker room for having a losing culture of a mentality (as Jet fans have done). 

• He was with friends on draft night (at a sports gathering place) and went live while Darnold was on the clock and absolutely celebrated the Sam Darnold pick (just as Jet fans celebrated with joy over Suck for Sam @ the time). 

• He instantly utilized his platforms as an off the field talent recruiter in order to call for more dogs in order to come play with him and our Jets ala Le'Veon Bell and C.J Mosley last off-season and has since began to beg for an outside pass rusher throughout this offseason (same as Jet fans here @ JN.com have begged for one) and he even went as far as name dropping the specific pass rushers he'd love to play alongside of as a JET!

So Jamal Adams is not allowed to celebrate the drafting of Sam? Not allowed call out a losing culture within a losing locker room mentality under Todd Bowles? Not allowed to talk about adding more offensive talent (Le'Veon), Not allowed to ask for an outside pass rushing presence? And not allowed to dance and fire up his teammates as a vocal leader?

Only JET FANS OVER JN.COM are allowed to call out a losing Todd Bowles locker room, celebrate Darnold's drafting, ask for 1st round offensive talent and cry about no pass rushers?

Only you Jet fans are allowed to talk on a message board - but yet Jamal Adams can't in real life? Really nice to know. 

• And during our 1-7 start he promised himself and Jet fans alike that we'd turn our season around and it was guys such as Sam Darnold, Le'Veon Bell and Jamal Adams who were all true locker room leaders (throughout adversity of a 1-7 start) before finishing 6-2. They stuck together; and you guys hate his guts for it, don't you? lol. 

I'm sorry but the joke is on you (so keep on laughing @ the kid) and how old are you anyway? lol

 I don't even have a Twitter account to follow athlete's around online (I just watch the games) but only a lonely and miserable grown man of a person would ever follow a 24 year old kid around (over Twitter) and actually begin to harp all over the ways that he texts (kind of creepy) and then mock him for it over a football message board; kind of extreme and only a weirdo would make fun of the fact that he's a vocal leader inside the huddle and loves to dance and pump up his owm teammates playing on the same field as him (as being an energized and vocal leader is in his DNA (Ray Lewis like); as he actually cares with a passion (unlike most). 

  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. You've got it all wrong because after being selected to an All-Rookie team it just wasn't good enough for certain types of Jet fans such as yourself after only 1 year - and even after consecutive Pro Bowl selections along with a First-year All-Pro honor; fans such as yourself still aren't satisfied after only his first 3 years of play. 

The joke is on you, not Jamal Adams, "dog". 

And you can mock him all you like with your little sarcastic and immature ghetto mockings consisting of words like "dawg" and "be watchin" as a way of degrading a kids character (only 24 years old) but this still doesn't change the fact that...

• Jamal Adams has spoken just like (longtime suffering) Jet fans since the very moment he arrived out of LSU/SEC and immediately called out veterans within Bowles locker room for having a losing culture of a mentality (as Jet fans have done). 

• He was with friends on draft night (at a sports gathering place) and went live while Darnold was on the clock and absolutely celebrated the Sam Darnold pick (just as Jet fans celebrated with joy over Suck for Sam @ the time). 

• He instantly utilized his platforms as an off the field talent recruiter in order to call for more dogs in order to come play with him and our Jets ala Le'Veon Bell and C.J Mosley last off-season and has since began to beg for an outside pass rusher throughout this offseason (same as Jet fans here @ JN.com have begged for one) and he even went as far as name dropping the specific pass rushers he'd love to play alongside of as a JET!

So Jamal Adams is not allowed to celebrate the drafting of Sam? Not allowed call out a losing culture within a losing locker room mentality under Todd Bowles? Not allowed to talk about adding more offensive talent (Le'Veon), Not allowed to ask for an outside pass rushing presence? And not allowed to dance and fire up his teammates as a vocal leader?

Only JET FANS OVER JN.COM are allowed to call out a losing Todd Bowles locker room, celebrate Darnold's drafting, ask for 1st round offensive talent and cry about no pass rushers?

Only you Jet fans are allowed to talk on a message board - but yet Jamal Adams can't in real life? Really nice to know. 

• And during our 1-7 start he promised himself and Jet fans alike that we'd turn our season around and it was guys such as Sam Darnold, Le'Veon Bell and Jamal Adams who were all true locker room leaders (throughout adversity of a 1-7 start) before finishing 6-2. They stuck together; and you guys hate his guts for it, don't you? lol. 

I'm sorry but the joke is on you (so keep on laughing @ the kid) and how old are you anyway? lol

 I don't even have a Twitter account to follow athlete's around online (I just watch the games) but only a lonely and miserable grown man of a person would ever follow a 24 year old kid around (over Twitter) and actually begin to harp all over the ways that he texts (kind of creepy) and then mock him for it over a football message board; kind of extreme and only a weirdo would make fun of the fact that he's a vocal leader inside the huddle and loves to dance and pump up his owm teammates playing on the same field as him (as being an energized and vocal leader is in his DNA (Ray Lewis like); as he actually cares with a passion (unlike most). 

Lol whut

I'm bored with the stay at home orders and all that, but not bored enough to read your hodgepodge attempt at landing your point.  

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes sense. Having to trade our arguably best player stinks but that’s the situation we’re in. Too many holes on this team. Jamal is great, but a luxury we can’t afford. Have a feeling that Douglas will see it that way too.


Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@GREENBEAN you're still the man but this video is ridiculous! lmao

You may be right on the high level framework of how the negotiation goes this year but no way in hell the tone of the negotiations go down like that. I mean, c'mon man. 🤣

 

3 min!  It's over!   :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Jamaal: “ Shut your punk ass mouth Douglas. I am El Presidente & I’ll be callin’ CJ the moment I walk outta here. That boy my biatch and I’ll see you around game 8 & there’s gonna be a revolt by the players in that locker room because I was your best player on a crappy team. Yeah I saw Greenbeans video and I’ll wipe my ass with that boys beard. Peace out”

JD: OK, I’ll give you a 4 yr. $80m extension with $60 guaranteed! We good?

Jamaal: I’ll get back to you after speaking wit Jay-Z

What?   lol 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vic said:

It makes sense. Having to trade our arguably best player stinks but that’s the situation we’re in. Too many holes on this team. Jamal is great, but a luxury we can’t afford. Have a feeling that Douglas will see it that way too.


Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I disagree as you can not become a great team without (first) at least having a couple of great players. 

And if only former Super Bowl winning teams and franchises such as the 49ers, Packers, Cowboys, Buccaneers, Patriots, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Kansas City (etc, etc) would've ever considered their likes of some mean mfkers in Ronnie Lott, LeRoy Butler, Darren Woodson, John Lynch, Rodney Harrison, Troy Polamalu, Kam Chancellor and/or Tyrann Mathleu as being nothing more than "disposable Strong Safety's" who "weren't affordable" due to only being "luxuries" as the one's who they "couldn't have"?

Those eight owners/general managers/head coaches and/or fan bases (alike) would all simply laugh @ Jet fans who've questioned and/or mocked the level of overall importance regarding Jamal Adams @ SS for us (plays all over the field)) especially for an aggressive Gregg Williams led Defense (First-team All-Pro). They would laugh @ us all the way to the bank in order to take him off of our hands lol.

There's a strong reason why Dallas has a lot of interest in Jamal Adams (some Jet fans do not realize it) and it starts up front.

And Jerry Jones isn't as stupid as some make him out to seem. 

He had himself and his Defense an All-Time great Strong Safety within the middle of his defense dating back throughout 1992-2003 (including 5 Pro Bowl selections, 4 All-Pro Honors and 3 SB rings) out of his Strong Safety position for 12 consecutive years; DARREN WOODSON who only recorded 23 career INT's (an average of only 1.9 INT's per season).

Jerry Jones and Dallas Cowboys faithful know how to show love and appreciation for one of their All-Time Great Strong Safety:

 

He was a great player and the leader of those Dallas Cowboy Defenses (As a "box" Strong Safety). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

2020 Ignore him

2021 Ignore him

2022 Franchise

Also there is no way he should be the highest paid safety in the league.

Ignore him and he'll kill his trade value with holdouts and outlandish behavior that will cause 90+ % of the fanbase to hate him more than Revis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, JTJet said:

Lol whut

I'm bored with the stay at home orders and all that, but not bored enough to read your hodgepodge attempt at landing your point.  

Oh, come on.  you know you read it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@GREENBEAN you're still the man but this video is ridiculous! lmao

You may be right on the high level framework of how the negotiation goes this year but no way in hell the tone of the negotiations go down like that. I mean, c'mon man. 🤣

 

Did you really give me the 2020 equivalent to the JN Buttfumble you MFer???   lol

Come on man. I was acting my heart our for you.  You don't think I pulled off Joe Douglas?  I friggin channeled his a$$!   hahaha 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ignore him and he'll kill his trade value with holdouts and outlandish behavior that will cause 90+ % of the fanbase to hate him more than Revis.

Um...Hellooooo. my flawless system here would kill any hold out attempt within a week!    :)   I got this

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Oh, come on.  you know you read it all. 

There was a very half hearted attempt lol. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Did you really give me the 2020 equivalent to the JN Buttfumble you MFer???   lol

Come on man. I was acting my heart our for you.  You don't think I pulled off Joe Douglas?  I friggin channeled his a$$!   hahaha 

Buttfumbled the sh*t out of you

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Buttfumbled the sh*t out of you

I don't know how or when but just know... it's comin! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

There was a very half hearted attempt lol. 

Every word!  lmao!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ignore him and he'll kill his trade value with holdouts and outlandish behavior that will cause 90+ % of the fanbase to hate him more than Revis.

WWBBD?

 

 

What would Bill Bellichek do?dump him stranger things GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

WWBBD?

 

 

What would Bill Bellichek do?dump him stranger things GIF

DON'T you DARE!!!!   lol 

NEVER UDDER THOSE POSITIVE WORDS ABOUT THE HOOD AGAIN!!!    :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Every word!  lmao!!

I've been caught! ... 

I will now go sit in the corner and reflect on my life choices. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jadeveon Clowney @ the age of only 27 has already became an NFL 3x Pro-Bowler with Second-team All-Pro honors (due to) consisting of 236 tackles (71 tackles for loss behind the Line of Scrimmage), 32.0 career sacks (80 QB hits), 13 passes defended, 9 forced fumbles, 6 fumble recoveries and 1 career INT.

I've noticed posters only focused on "sack numbers" as a way of attempting to diminish his style of play; while completely ignoring the overall impact that tackles for loss behind the line of scrimmage creates (actual production on the football field).

They'll never mention how his ability to completely blow up an offensive line in order to get into an opponents backfield before finishing with game changing plays for loss (that cause for drives to end) is an extremely rare ability that he's featured since entering this league; but yet goes unnoticed by box score watchers from home (and below I'll explain just how rare his ability to dominate within the trenches of an NFL front seven truly is):

Dating back to 1999 his 21 tackles for loss behind the line of scrimmage during a single season (2017 as a Texan) still to this day ranks within the top 20 (19th) for tackles for loss behind the L.O.S but yet; crickets.

And of the remaining 19 players who've had more than 21 tackles for loss during a single season (2nd place being 29) Jadeveon Clowney had already accomplished it @ the age of only 24 and is currently still the 6th youngest to accomplish this feat - as only guys such as Von Miller, J.J Watt, Pierre-Paul and Lavonte David etc have pulled it off at a younger age.

I'd rather feature and have an outside force of an athletic presence within my defensive front seven who's made a career off of living behind the opponents line of scrimmage (throughout 4 quarters of play) - when in comparison to a glorified sack artist who averages less than 1.0 sack (per game) any day of the week and twice on Sundays (especially within an aggressive Greg Williams/Jamal Adams led Jets defensive attack).

At this rate (71 career tackles for loss behind the Line of Scrimmage) and at this pace (only 27 years of age) after only another 5 seasons of play (at the age of only 31) he'll then rank within the top 10 All-Time for NFL tackles for loss behind the line of scrimmage with over 140 tackles for loss behind the Line of Scrimmage (while joining the likes of):

Brian Urlacher.
Von Miller.
Julius Peppers.
John Abraham.
DeMarcus Ware.
Jason Taylor
J.J Watt.
Calais Campbell..
Jared Allen.
Terrell Suggs.


But yet all of these naysayers in regards to Jadeveon Clowney critics will ignore all of the above - only to look for and point to "box score number sacks" as a way of diminishing his overall defensive impact - while at the same time completely ignoring everything that has ever made him a dominant player within the trenches of an NFL front seven (kind of like how they'll do with Jamal Adams while pointing to his "Interceptions" as a way of diminishing his overall Defensive impact.  

858945577_Clowney32.jpg.7191ec832550b97a602c8a16ded12263.jpg

(Only 10 defensive players were ranked ahead of him in Aaron Donald, Von Miller, Luke Kuechly, Calais Campbell, Khalil Mack, Jalen Ramsey, Everson Griffin, Bobby Wagner, Cameron Jordan and Chandler Jones); and I'm supposed to just believe some Jet fans who rarely if ever at all watch him play to begin with? Nope. Not happening. 

A SB winning Quarterback and his former teammate in Russell Wilson (who won with a great defense featuring the Legion of Boom) is literally begging Jadeveon not to leave and asking (publicly) for him to re-join his locker room out there in Seattle...

Russell Wilson on Jadeveon Clowney: ‘I need you homie’

“Clowney come back. If you are listening bro. We’ve got another Super Bowl to win, man. We need you. We need you to come back Clowney. Clowney, Clowney if you can hear me, please come back, bro. I need you homie.”“I think we need a couple more (players),’’ Wilson said. “I think we need a couple more. Jadeveon is a big-time guy that we would love to get back on our football team. He was so good in the locker room. He brought so many just havoc plays to the field.”

x__________Russell Wilson__________
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JetNation said:

This week GreenBean takes a quick look at Jamal Adams and how the contract negotiations could look with Joe Douglas. Joe Douglas says he wants to sign Jamal Adams to a long term deal.

GreenBean tells us why that is a good idea, but it just shouldn’t happen this year. Check out this three minute video and let us know what you think!

The post What Contract Negotiations With Jamal Adams Should Look Like appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

qHssiKrfpq8

Click here to read the full story...

You mean paying him next year as the #1 Box Safety don't you.  And since there really is no such thing as a 'box safety' (Loophole) you don't have to follow through on that.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JTJet said:

This is what it should look like lol. 

download.png

I'd take 2020 3rd round pick and 2222 1st round pick. Gotta think of the future.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Prove you’re the best safety Jamal and you will be payed as such. This is a “prove it” year. They have lots of cap space next year.

Jamal: Yea ok you watch. I'm gettin my 3rd INT this year. you watch."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

You mean paying him next year as the #1 Box Safety don't you.  And since there really is no such thing as a 'box safety' (Loophole) you don't have to follow through on that.

Um.... yeah... that's right!  I DID mean that. lol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamal is a leader of men. That in it of itself is worth $15 mil. Pay the man. His tweet game is top notch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...