What Contract Negotiations With Jamal Adams Should Look Like

10 hours ago, JetNation said:

This week GreenBean takes a quick look at Jamal Adams and how the contract negotiations could look with Joe Douglas. Joe Douglas says he wants to sign Jamal Adams to a long term deal.

GreenBean tells us why that is a good idea, but it just shouldn’t happen this year. Check out this three minute video and let us know what you think!

The post What Contract Negotiations With Jamal Adams Should Look Like appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

You mean paying him next year as the #1 Box Safety don't you.  And since there really is no such thing as a 'box safety' (Loophole) you don't have to follow through on that.

It's really funny to me when I see people label him as a "box safety" despite Adams roaming the entire defense while lining up all over the place with range @ SS in zone coverage, LB @ the LOS within the front 7, outside CB & Nickel/Dime back once in man to man coverage, over the middle against TE's (Gronk), playing within the flats against RB's coming out of the backfield etc, etc along with almost setting/breaking the NFL record for most sacks during a single season (secondary).

What's even funnier is when I notice fans label him as a "box safety" due to "not being able to play the pass in coverage" despite Jamal Adams (in coverage) grading out...

601514277_ScreenShot2020-02-01at8_18_42PM.png.0b328b2d6d486c823ac6f2bf3f2ae84b.png.201cacae7a936b33d2af36c1015eaacd.png

An 87.3 coverage grade and a 90.2 pass rushing grade last year?!?!?

Box Safety?!?!?

Too funny! (lol). 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I like Jamal Adams.

I would do that trade.....although my preference would be to have a known player included.  Tyron Smith and a 2nd this year probably gets it done for me.  We'd have the following setup...

1. Supreme Draft flexibility.  Still have the #11, #48 (own), #51, and two 3rd round picks.

2. Will have already solved the LT problem with an established veteran player (Smith) who should be good for another 3-5 years.

3. Can still draft an OT at #11 or #48 if a good one drops and then start him at RT this year.  Could double-dip at WR in the 1st and 2nd.  Could target an Edge rusher earlier in the Draft than expected.

4. Could use a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick to draft a young SS.

5. Money that would have been used on Jamal mostly goes to Tyron Smith.

6. Extend Marcus Maye as a leader in the Secondary.

You beat me too it lol...I was going to say Tyron and a 2nd,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's really funny to me when I see people label him as a "box safety" despite Adams roaming the entire defense while lining up all over the place with range @ SS in zone coverage, LB @ the LOS within the front 7, outside CB & Nickel/Dime back once in man to man coverage, over the middle against TE's (Gronk), playing within the flats against RB's coming out of the backfield etc, etc along with almost setting/breaking the NFL record for most sacks during a single season (secondary).

What's even funnier is when I notice fans label him as a "box safety" due to "not being able to play the pass in coverage" despite Jamal Adams (in coverage) grading out...

601514277_ScreenShot2020-02-01at8_18_42PM.png.0b328b2d6d486c823ac6f2bf3f2ae84b.png.201cacae7a936b33d2af36c1015eaacd.png

An 87.3 coverage grade and a 90.2 pass rushing grade last year?!?!?

Box Safety?!?!?

Too funny! (lol). 

You'll get it sooner or later maybe lol...  He's a great player, but not worth 17+ million per year, and I'm guessing that's what he'd be looking for. Do I want him on the team "YES", do I want him on the team if he demands 17+ million "NO"

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. You've got it all wrong because after being selected to an All-Rookie team it just wasn't good enough for certain types of Jet fans such as yourself after only 1 year - and even after consecutive Pro Bowl selections along with a First-year All-Pro honor; fans such as yourself still aren't satisfied after only his first 3 years of play. 

The joke is on you, not Jamal Adams, "dog". 

And you can mock him all you like with your little sarcastic and immature ghetto mockings consisting of words like "dawg" and "be watchin" as a way of degrading a kids character (only 24 years old) but this still doesn't change the fact that...

• Jamal Adams has spoken just like (longtime suffering) Jet fans since the very moment he arrived out of LSU/SEC and immediately called out veterans within Bowles locker room for having a losing culture of a mentality (as Jet fans have done). 

• He was with friends on draft night (at a sports gathering place) and went live while Darnold was on the clock and absolutely celebrated the Sam Darnold pick (just as Jet fans celebrated with joy over Suck for Sam @ the time). 

• He instantly utilized his platforms as an off the field talent recruiter in order to call for more dogs in order to come play with him and our Jets ala Le'Veon Bell and C.J Mosley last off-season and has since began to beg for an outside pass rusher throughout this offseason (same as Jet fans here @ JN.com have begged for one) and he even went as far as name dropping the specific pass rushers he'd love to play alongside of as a JET!

So Jamal Adams is not allowed to celebrate the drafting of Sam? Not allowed call out a losing culture within a losing locker room mentality under Todd Bowles? Not allowed to talk about adding more offensive talent (Le'Veon), Not allowed to ask for an outside pass rushing presence? And not allowed to dance and fire up his teammates as a vocal leader?

Only JET FANS OVER JN.COM are allowed to call out a losing Todd Bowles locker room, celebrate Darnold's drafting, ask for 1st round offensive talent and cry about no pass rushers?

Only you Jet fans are allowed to talk on a message board - but yet Jamal Adams can't in real life? Really nice to know. 

• And during our 1-7 start he promised himself and Jet fans alike that we'd turn our season around and it was guys such as Sam Darnold, Le'Veon Bell and Jamal Adams who were all true locker room leaders (throughout adversity of a 1-7 start) before finishing 6-2. They stuck together; and you guys hate his guts for it, don't you? lol. 

I'm sorry but the joke is on you (so keep on laughing @ the kid) and how old are you anyway? lol

I don't even have a Twitter account to follow athlete's around online (I just watch the games) but only a lonely and miserable grown man of a person would ever follow a 24 year old kid around (over Twitter) and actually begin to harp all over the ways that he texts (kind of creepy) and then mock him for it over a football message board; kind of extreme and only a weirdo would make fun of the fact that he's a vocal leader inside the huddle and loves to dance and pump up his owm teammates playing on the same field as him (as being an energized and vocal leader is in his DNA (Ray Lewis like); as he actually cares with a passion (unlike most). 

All rookie after only 1 year?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Jamal is a leader of men. That in it of itself is worth $15 mil. Pay the man. His tweet game is top notch. 

Wendy's tweet game is top notch.

Jamal's is just a bunch of bitching about nobody respecting him and self aggrandizing. 

16 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. You've got it all wrong because after being selected to an All-Rookie team it just wasn't good enough for certain types of Jet fans such as yourself after only 1 year - and even after consecutive Pro Bowl selections along with a First-year All-Pro honor; fans such as yourself still aren't satisfied after only his first 3 years of play. 

And you can mock him all you like with your little sarcastic and immature ghetto mockings consisting of words like "dawg" and "be watchin" as a way of degrading a kids character (only 24 years old) but this still doesn't change the fact that...

• Jamal Adams has spoken just like (longtime suffering) Jet fans since the very moment he arrived out of LSU/SEC and immediately called out veterans within Bowles locker room for having a losing culture of a mentality (as Jet fans have done). 

• He was with friends on draft night (at a sports gathering place) and went live while Darnold was on the clock and absolutely celebrated the Sam Darnold pick (just as Jet fans celebrated with joy over Suck for Sam @ the time). 

• He instantly utilized his platforms as an off the field talent recruiter in order to call for more dogs in order to come play with him and our Jets ala Le'Veon Bell and C.J Mosley last off-season and has since began to beg for an outside pass rusher throughout this offseason (same as Jet fans here @ JN.com have begged for one) and he even went as far as name dropping the specific pass rushers he'd love to play alongside of as a JET!

So Jamal Adams is not allowed to celebrate the drafting of Sam? Not allowed call out a losing culture within a losing locker room mentality under Todd Bowles? Not allowed to talk about adding more offensive talent (Le'Veon), Not allowed to ask for an outside pass rushing presence? And not allowed to dance and fire up his teammates as a vocal leader?

Only JET FANS OVER JN.COM are allowed to call out a losing Todd Bowles locker room, celebrate Darnold's drafting, ask for 1st round offensive talent and cry about no pass rushers?

Only you Jet fans are allowed to talk on a message board - but yet Jamal Adams can't in real life? Really nice to know. 

• And during our 1-7 start he promised himself and Jet fans alike that we'd turn our season around and it was guys such as Sam Darnold, Le'Veon Bell and Jamal Adams who were all true locker room leaders (throughout adversity of a 1-7 start) before finishing 6-2. They stuck together; and you guys hate his guts for it, don't you? lol. 

I'm sorry but the joke is on you (so keep on laughing @ the kid) and how old are you anyway? lol

I don't even have a Twitter account to follow athlete's around online (I just watch the games) but only a lonely and miserable grown man of a person would ever follow a 24 year old kid around (over Twitter) and actually begin to harp all over the ways that he texts (kind of creepy) and then mock him for it over a football message board; kind of extreme and only a weirdo would make fun of the fact that he's a vocal leader inside the huddle and loves to dance and pump up his owm teammates playing on the same field as him (as being an energized and vocal leader is in his DNA (Ray Lewis like); as he actually cares with a passion (unlike most). 

I think I've been rational and clear on my stance during the unending plague that has been the Jamallpro debate which has wholly characterized the s***show that has been discussion on JN this off-season.

I like Jamal's play and style on the field.

I dislike almost everything about Jamal's schtick and persona off the field.

I don't get it twisted, if keeping him  is in the long term interest of the team in both a football sense and  fiscally then awesome. I don't care if I like the dude if he is helping us win.

But I don't "like" the dudes attitude, so I'm not gonna toot his horn. I don't generally toot horns anyway because I'm not a clown. I think fanboy-ing and hero worship are infantile.

If you want to talk about his stats or specific plays like mugging Daniel Jones,which was a lot of fun, then cool I can do that and give him credit for good play. However, unlike the fanboys I'm not here to kiss his ass and talk about him like he is the second coming, he does that plenty himself. 

I definitely think coming on JN and constantly defending him against his detractors and necro-ing your own defensive posts is weird as it seems you are taking it personally. If you want to defend your man all the way like he is a close friend or relative being slighted here at JN, good for you, that's your prerogative. I'll continue to find it interesting in a sad sycophantic sort of way, but maybe I just don't get the fanboy thing. 

I'm not a detractor... Jamal is and can be very valuable... I just don't think the position warrants the contract many assume he will want, especially for a team in our already mismanaged position.  The idea of that contract is just assumption at this point he hasn't asked for it the Jets have not offered it. It being completely hypothetical does not warrant the endless back and forth JN has had to endure. 

Some of us think he is a great player who acts like a punk sometimes and don't care to talk about him as much as he cares to talk about himself and his greatness, or as much as you do for that matter.

• Post of the Week 2

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I disagree as you can not become a great team without (first) at least having a couple of great players. 

And if only former Super Bowl winning teams and franchises such as the 49ers, Packers, Cowboys, Buccaneers, Patriots, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Kansas City (etc, etc) would've ever considered their likes of some mean mfkers in Ronnie Lott, LeRoy Butler, Darren Woodson, John Lynch, Rodney Harrison, Troy Polamalu, Kam Chancellor and/or Tyrann Mathleu as being nothing more than "disposable Strong Safety's" who "weren't affordable" due to only being "luxuries" as the one's who they "couldn't have"?

Those eight owners/general managers/head coaches and/or fan bases (alike) would all simply laugh @ Jet fans who've questioned and/or mocked the level of overall importance regarding Jamal Adams @ SS for us (plays all over the field)) especially for an aggressive Gregg Williams led Defense (First-team All-Pro). They would laugh @ us all the way to the bank in order to take him off of our hands lol.

There's a strong reason why Dallas has a lot of interest in Jamal Adams (some Jet fans do not realize it) and it starts up front.

And Jerry Jones isn't as stupid as some make him out to seem. 

He had himself and his Defense an All-Time great Strong Safety within the middle of his defense dating back throughout 1992-2003 (including 5 Pro Bowl selections, 4 All-Pro Honors and 3 SB rings) out of his Strong Safety position for 12 consecutive years; DARREN WOODSON who only recorded 23 career INT's (an average of only 1.9 INT's per season).

Jerry Jones and Dallas Cowboys faithful know how to show love and appreciation for one of their All-Time Great Strong Safety:

He was a great player and the leader of those Dallas Cowboy Defenses (As a "box" Strong Safety). 

Will you please stop. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I like Jamal Adams.

I would do that trade.....although my preference would be to have a known player included.  Tyron Smith and a 2nd this year probably gets it done for me.  We'd have the following setup...

1. Supreme Draft flexibility.  Still have the #11, #48 (own), #51, and two 3rd round picks.

2. Will have already solved the LT problem with an established veteran player (Smith) who should be good for another 3-5 years.

3. Can still draft an OT at #11 or #48 if a good one drops and then start him at RT this year.  Could double-dip at WR in the 1st and 2nd.  Could target an Edge rusher earlier in the Draft than expected.

4. Could use a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick to draft a young SS.

5. Money that would have been used on Jamal mostly goes to Tyron Smith.

6. Extend Marcus Maye as a leader in the Secondary.

i don't see how douglas could walk away from a trade like this.  imo adams is near best at his position and does have some intangibles that don't necessarily translate well into on field performance but getting such a haul in draft picks is intriguing.  at this point i suspect douglas is waiting until after the draft for any contract extension and taking all calls in the meantime.

20 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, GaryM said:

You are either a relative or an agent of Adams. So l guess you would give a monster contract to a safety when the team has so many needs. Your posts are getting more and more ridiculous as you keep posting them. Adams was disappointed when he wasn't traded to Dallas, in fact so disappointed that he pouted and wouldn't talk to the GM or HC, but went to the owner to cry. Real leadership qualities! This is a business and if the Jets are ever going to win l hope they make good decisions going forward, and if trading Adams helps, then goodbye ?.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1