Go On The Record: First Round Pick

Go On The Record: First Round Pick Will Be...  

120 members have voted

1. 1. At #11 NYJ Select...

• WR
    • OT

Reasoning for an OT:

Folks, we've been looking for our franchise QB for what? Almost 50 years?  We finally have someone with a bit of potential (accent on potential) and we are not going to invest in several ways to protect him at all cost?  That's asinine.  If he can't stand up straight and is constantly running for his life, Jerry Rice can be out there, it's going to be make zero difference.

Good news: Joe Douglas seems slow, steady and RATIONAL--which 99.999999% of the NYJ fan base is NOT.  Not a chance in hell is this guy going with a first round WR.  It's just not in his DNA.

And for those of us with some logic and mental wherewithal, this bodes well...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

You need to be a little specific in what you're asking. On the record with what?... who I WANT?....  If i could wish that pick into stalward LT, that would be the choice... But I think there's a decent chance the WR on the board will significant better than the 4th OT.

• Upvote 4

I think we might be surprised. 

OL: we are retrofitting and adding personnel to a new zone scheme. You don’t *need* blue chip OL for this scheme...

WR: all the WR at the top have risk. There’s no Calvin Johnson here. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

OT 

I just don't think 4 OTs are going In the Top 10

I can easily see it

The first OT probably goes off the board at #4 to the Giants. Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley are their top priorities and Gettlemen seemingly has an affinity for freakish, big OL. My guess is Becton is wearing blue and white in 3 weeks.

Then you still have teams like the Dolphins, Chargers, Cardinals and Browns ahead of us. You could even throw in teams like the Lions and Panthers as possible threats to take an OT.

I’m not nearly as convinced as most that the Dolphins at #5 or the Chargers at #6 are guaranteed to take QB’s.

It’s totally plausible that a team like Miami isn’t sold on Tua and takes an OT at #5 and then looks to take a guy like Herbert or Love in the teens or mid-20’s with one of their other two 1st rounders. It’s also possible that they bypass QB in the first two rounds altogether, continue to build the core of their team, and look to go all in on someone like Lawrence or Fields next year.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Vader said:

What do people think of this statement:

okudah is a better prospect than 3 of 4 OT and all the WRs. 

I honestly couldn’t care less

You could guarantee me right now that Okudah is Marshon Lattimore 2.0 and I’d still rather gamble on Jeudy being the next Reggie Wayne, Lamb being the next DeAndre Hopkins, Ruggs being the next Tyreek Hill/Antonio Brown or a guy like Andrew Thomas just being a steady, reliable starting OT for a decade.

Unless 10 other GM’s faceplant in front of us and Chase Young is magically available, then you take the best available WR/OT at #11, period.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I honestly couldn’t care less

You could guarantee me right now that Okudah is Marshon Lattimore 2.0 and I’d still rather gamble on Jeudy being the next Reggie Wayne, Lamb being the next DeAndre Hopkins, Ruggs being the next Tyreek Hill/Antonio Brown or a guy like Andrew Thomas just being a steady, reliable starting OT for a decade.

Unless 10 other GM’s faceplant in front of us and Chase Young is magically available, then you take the best available WR/OT at #11, period.

Risky business! 

51 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You need to be a little specific in what you're asking. On the record with what?... who I WANT?....  If i could wish that pick into stalward LT, that would be the choice... But I think there's a decent chance the WR on the board will significant better than the 4th OT.

are you blind or deaf? or just dumb?

"AT #11 NYJ SELECT...."

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

For the love of all things holy, can people add a third option on questions where the possibility is neither? 

If you wake up with a penis in your mouth, do you bite it or suck it?

there is no neither.

sorry penis man.

seems you like penises in your mouth tho.

6 minutes ago, Vader said:

Risky business! 

Smart business

We’ve already neglected the closest thing we’ve had to a franchise QB since the moon landing.

I’d prefer that we start surrounding him with legitimate help before that ship has unfortunately sailed.

If the defense suffers a bit because of that...well...tough t!ts.

Do your job, Gregg Williams.

• Sympathy 1