Updated Roster - April 5, 2020 Probably pretty close.........

Thank you for this update on the roster.   The way I look at it, I can almost guarantee that by the end of the 3rd round, we will have drafted (2) two wide receivers and (1) offensive tackle out of our 4 picks. If I were to guess, the 4th pick will be a cornerback.

• Upvote 2

Just from a pure balance of numbers standpoint, the Jets have 38 on O and 33 on D.  We'll be saying goodbye to at least 3 or 4 of those lower rung OLinemen and will need to add at least 2 or 3 DBs.

At a foundational level, this team is already better than last year.  Lots of work to do but I think it's on the right track.

In terms of starters, I think we've upgraded 60% of the Offensive Line, made a slight downgrade at WR (from Robby to Perriman), although Doctson was an interesting and under-the-radar off season move earlier this year.  If Herdon and Griffin are healthy, if the Jets add at least one premiere (1st or 2nd round) WR, and if they get a capable OT to compete for either LT or RT then this team is at least respectable heading into the 2020 season.

On D, it's all about the health of the ILBs, finding a perimeter rusher in addition to Jordan Jenkins, and seeing what Gregg Williams can do with with this interesting mix of CBs (Desir and 2nd year guys like Bless Austin are intriguing to me).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Just from a pure balance of numbers standpoint, the Jets have 38 on O and 33 on D.  We'll be saying goodbye to at least 3 or 4 of those lower rung OLinemen and will need to add at least 2 or 3 DBs.

There are OLinemen that aren’t lower rung on this team?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Wow looking at this as a reminder of what a Bizarro World season it was last year. We basically didn't even see our team on the field due to injuries. OMG how many injuries there we're! We were basically playing scrubs like a strike year or something. Hey at least we found a couple of decent role players to fill out the bottom of the roster. Definitely still a lot of work to do!

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Who's the backup OLBs, actually who's the starting opposite Jenkins? We also need a third safety. Lot of JAG CBs on the roster. 

I think John Franklin-Myers  who I have at DE is actually an OLB in thus scheme

So, if we had to play today with 4 OLBs on the roster it would be Jenkins, Basham, Luvu, and JFM 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

At a foundational level, this team is already better than last year.  Lots of work to do but I think it's on the right track.

In terms of starters, I think we've upgraded 60% of the Offensive Line, made a slight downgrade at WR (from Robby to Perriman), although Doctson was an interesting and under-the-radar off season move earlier this year.  If Herdon and Griffin are healthy, if the Jets add at least one premiere (1st or 2nd round) WR, and if they get a capable OT to compete for either LT or RT then this team is at least respectable heading into the 2020 season.

On D, it's all about the health of the ILBs, finding a perimeter rusher in addition to Jordan Jenkins, and seeing what Gregg Williams can do with with this interesting mix of CBs (Desir and 2nd year guys like Bless Austin are intriguing to me).

If the last games of last year were not a complete aberration Perriman is a solid upgrade over Anderson.