Jets X Factor: Breshad Perriman film review

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The difference is Perriman was expected to be a #1 given his 1st round grade. He's never even been a starter outside of injuries to actual starters. 

No one expected Robby to be a #1 or a #2, yet he's been the #1 his entire career and will be the #2 for a team who signed him to play that starting role. 

But I guess a 1st round draft pick who's accomplished being a backup on his prior teams is unimportant when we have "if" statements. C'mon Jet Nut. We both know better than that. Perriman's a depth player until proven otherwise. 

There was no "if" with Robby Anderson. It was clear that the man wasnt a true #1 but was clearly starting material. Can you honestly say the same for Perriman, or is that unimportant? 

Serious question. 

This is my point, I’ve said it in a number of posts.  They’re both the kind of WR every team has.  Nothing special and even though I wanted to resign Robby, not the great loss some are crying over.  I can’t help but believe that if Perriman plays a whole season behind a stud draftee or two and with a healthy Crowder the results won’t be that different from what Robby would have given us in that same scenario.  
We lost Robby Anderson, not Jerry Rice

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I can’t help but believe that if Perriman plays a whole season behind a stud draftee or two and with a healthy Crowder the results won’t be that different

he wont be quite as less productive than RA as he has been for the last 4 yrs...     damnation by faint praise if i ever heard it...

yes both are like wrs every team has. one starts. the other is #4 or sometimes#3

14 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

so basically youre saying that your expectation for Perriman is similar to what Anderson put up last year but youre complaining we didnt sign Anderson for quite a bit more?  How much more are you willing to pay for any small incremental improvement?  Do you agree that there is a chance that Perriman could bloom and actually be better than Anderson if featured in the offense, whereas he was the third receiver in Tampa?

Youre saying that Gase is the reason that Parker didnt play well, but is Gase the reason that Anderson did play well enough to get a 20 million dollar contract?  Or did he do it despite Gase?  If so, wont he really shine in Carolina's offense?  Maybe 80 receptions and 1200 yards?

I'm saying I expect Perriman to do "basically the same" as Anderson with Darnold for 16 games and a (hopefully) improved roster around him. I expect him to also achieve "basically the same" statistics as Anderson with significantly high opportunity share (i.e. achieve the same numbers much less efficiently).

So basically I am saying he will not do "basically the same" as Anderson, at all.

And yes, I do think there is "a chance" he will bloom. But I do not have any evidence in either his or Gase's past histories to say it is likely.

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This is my point, I’ve said it in a number of posts.  They’re both the kind of WR every team has.  Nothing special and even though I wanted to resign Robby, not the great loss some are crying over.  I can’t help but believe that if Perriman plays a whole season behind a stud draftee or two and with a healthy Crowder the results won’t be that different from what Robby would have given us in that same scenario.  
We lost Robby Anderson, not Jerry Rice

Except Robby was putting up "Robby numbers" before receiving a "stud draftee or two" along with a healthy Crowder. Robby Anderson was 60 yards away from a 1,000 yard season in 2017 with McCown and Petty throwing to him all while Enunwa was out for the season and his other WRs were Charone Peake, Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen. 

You guys can continue the "this isnt T.O. or Jerry Rice" remarks while suddenly playing semantics when you hear "savior", but the bottomline is that we're talking about the Jets not having a clear #1 or #2 on the roster and will have to depend on all of this help that Perriman will need in order to put up Robby numbers and a rookie that we need to play not just #1 Wideout but play it like a seasoned vet. 

Folks rather talk Jerry Rice than to admit what folks are saying, which is that this is a pretty damn risky scenario to give your 3rd year QB. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Except Robby was putting up "Robby numbers" before receiving a "stud draftee or two" along with a healthy Crowder. Robby Anderson was 60 yards away from a 1,000 yard season in 2017 with McCown and Petty throwing to him all while Enunwa was out for the season and his other WRs were Charone Peake, Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen. 

You guys can continue the "this isnt T.O. or Jerry Rice" remarks while suddenly playing semantics when you hear "savior", but the bottomline is that we're talking about the Jets not having a clear #1 or #2 on the roster and will have to depend on all of this help that Perriman will need in order to put up Robby numbers and a rookie that we need to play not just #1 Wideout but play it like a seasoned vet. 

Folks rather talk Jerry Rice than to admit what folks are saying, which is that this is a pretty damn risky scenario to give your 3rd year QB. 

Why I defined the scenario, Robby was forced into playing the #1.  Though he wasn’t he was thrown to in situations he wasn’t made for.  I can’t help bu think with one or two draftees and Crowder both would have been used differently.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm saying I expect Perriman to do "basically the same" as Anderson with Darnold for 16 games and a (hopefully) improved roster around him. I expect him to also achieve "basically the same" statistics as Anderson with significantly high opportunity share (i.e. achieve the same numbers much less efficiently).

So basically I am saying he will not do "basically the same" as Anderson, at all.

And yes, I do think there is "a chance" he will bloom. But I do not have any evidence in either his or Gase's past histories to say it is likely.

I wont quibble over your predictions because thats all they are.  There is no real basis for them just as theres no basis for me predicting over a 1000 yd season for him.   Btw Im not!  But if youre predicting that he will produce close to Andersons production last year while now sharing pass opportunities with Herndon Griffin and whoever the high pick WR the Jets bring in, Id be happy with that!

You ignored my question:    How do you account for Andersons production while blaming Gase for other receivers lack of production under Gase?

11 hours ago, Vader said:

No, but he’s pretty good and still developing.

"Pretty good" is not worth a long-term contract.  Not when we're likely about to draft a pair of young, talented receivers who will be cheaply under contract for 4 or 5 years.

I'd gladly have brought him back for 1 year, $10M.  He got $12M elsewhere.  Cool, see ya Robby.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Glad you think we are all idiots since we don’t agree with your gloom and doom

what do you see this years won loss total at since “we are worse than last year” and playing a much tougher schedule?

Never called anyone an idiot.  Just not impartial.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

I wont quibble over your predictions because thats all they are.  There is no real basis for them just as theres no basis for me predicting over a 1000 yd season for him.   Btw Im not!  But if youre predicting that he will produce close to Andersons production last year while now sharing pass opportunities with Herndon Griffin and whoever the high pick WR the Jets bring in, Id be happy with that!

You ignored my question:    How do you account for Andersons production while blaming Gase for other receivers lack of production under Gase?

Except there is a basis for my predictions. Unlike in the financial industry, previous results do suggest future performance.

The burden is on you to tell us why Perriman's 2020 will not look similar to his 2016-2019.

EDIT: Your question. Gase didn't develop Anderson. He was already developed. Was the same player before Gase and during Gase. Which is exactly what I am suggesting is the likely outcome for Perriman.

18 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Football isnt track. Robby is clearly a better wide receiver than Breshad Perriman.

I loved Robby Anderson as a Jet and wanted to see us re-sign him and bring him back long term as our #2 WR (opposite of a Jeudy/Lamb) as a vertical deep threat within the form of a speed demon with blazing speed downfield. 

He's a classic example of an underdog Jet who emerged out of nowhere as an undrafted walk-on during a "meaningless preseason" game with Bryce Petty under center. played alongside of 4 different offensive coordinators during his only 4 years with 7-8 different starting Quarterbacks; only to end up landing a contract from the Carolina Panthers 4 years later worth $20,000,000 (over two years); who would've thunk it? Robby was an awesome Jet!

I'll miss these types of plays out of Robby Anderson (blow). 

And no, football isn't track and speed - however Anderson's track star type speed is what made Robby Anderson who he is today and is without question his best quality as an outside receiver; his blazing fast type of track speed is what created him into becoming one of the most successful deep threat speed burners within the game today who can completely take the top off a defense. 

And football isn't just about "he's clearly better than he is or no, he's better than he is" etc. etc. 

It's all about situations, opportunities and circumstances. 

Robby Anderson received 382 career targets.

Perriman has only received 195 career targets (due a playing within a (much) deeper WR depth chart in TB than Robby played within here in NY).

But once Breshad Perriman was given a real opportunity in Tampa Bay (despite a turnover prone and interception machine in J. Winston as his Quarterback who tossed 30 INT's away last year) he still made the most of his opportunities; especially during 2019's final 5 games where we exploded and recorded...

25 receptions (37 targets), 506 receiving yards (20.2 yards per catch) and 5 TD receptions including three (3) consecutive games of 100+ yard receiving performances closing out 2019. 

And I'm pretty sure you weren't watching Perriman play for the Buccaneers @ 1:00 on Sundays while also watching the Jets @ the same time so it's more than obvious that you're just looking @ box score numbers as a way of downplaying how good Perriman truly was (once finally getting his opportunity to flourish) with bold statements such as "Robby is clearly better than Perriman.

The very moment Carolina signed Robby Anderson. I made a post. About Breshad Perriman being a must replacement. I immediately and instantly began to call for Breshad Perriman as our next speed burning deep threat for Sam Darnold. 

Robby Anderson is not "clearly a better Wide Receiver" than Perriman; he only had more opportunities (nothing more - nothing less).

Perriman showed flashes of brilliance last year and why he was drafted during the 1st round as he began to explode alongside Winston once having a real opportunity (and Joe Douglas took note). 

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Never called anyone an idiot.  Just not impartial.

You're not being "impartial" by slamming every signing, either.  Your critique fails to see the forest for the trees.  It's an attempt to blame the current GM for the problems caused by the last 3 GM's, and failing to see how what he has been doing actually makes sense in the big picture.

It also fails to recognize that no one will like Joe Douglas if he screws up the 2020 draft, myself very much included.  This offseason was always going to be 85 % about the draft, 15 % about free agency.  Thus I laugh at the people who freaked out about who Douglas did or didn't sign.  It's really not that big of a deal and never was.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

OR....He is a guy to try at an affordable contract to see what he might have, while WR's who are not even on the team yet as they haven't been drafted, develop.

If he doesn't work out, he doesn't work out.

I don’t disagree with that - but he’s not on the same level of Robby is the only point I’m making - leaving us, right now, with little to speak of in the WR position.  Not sure why people are getting so upset about that...

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don’t disagree with that - but he’s not on the same level of Robby is the only point I’m making - leaving us, right now, with little to speak of in the WR position.  Not sure why people are getting so upset about that...

Robby is a WR2/3.  Perriman is a WR3/4.  The WR corps was going to be thin regardless.  That's the point people are making.  

Maybe we could have signed BOTH Anderson and Perriman to make everyone happy.  But that would reduce the likelihood we come away with 2 WR's early in the draft.  We really need to find our WR1 AND perhaps "steal" a WR2 in this draft, and that never changed from the start of the offseason to where we are now.  

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're not being "impartial" by slamming every signing, either.  Your critique fails to see the forest for the trees.  It's an attempt to blame the current GM for the problems caused by the last 3 GM's, and failing to see how what he has been doing actually makes sense in the big picture.

It also fails to recognize that no one will like Joe Douglas if he screws up the 2020 draft, myself very much included.  This offseason was always going to be 85 % about the draft, 15 % about free agency.  Thus I laugh at the people who freaked out about who Douglas did or didn't sign.  It's really not that big of a deal and never was.  

There you go again with the hyperbole.  

I have not and do not slam every signing.  I've just pointed out the reality of what these players are - mostly career back-ups that are pretty much flat to what we had last year and in a couple of cases downgrades with a couple of upgrades as well.  I can't count how many times I've said this as I don't blame JD - I don't think he's done a bad job - but he hasn't necessarily done a good one either.  

As things stand now - this is not an improved offense - I don't think it's worse either but we were the worst offense in the NFL last year - so flat isn't good enough. 

Why is that so hard for you to accept?  or at least acknowledge that my opinion is a valid one?  

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

As things stand now - this is not an improved offense - I don't think it's worse either but we were the worst offense in the NFL last year - so flat isn't good enough. 

Everything you said was fine until you said this.  Again, this offseason was 85 % about the draft and 15 % free agency.  The offense was always going to look like a work in progress regardless of what free agents we brought in. 

The real work comes in the draft, where the plan should be to take 2 OL and 2 WR's within the first 4 rounds.

If we don't come out of the draft with a bunch of new offensive talent, I'll get my pitchfork out too.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

As much as I liked Robby he wasn’t a number 1.  The Jets gave him a pretty good offer from the looks of it and he decided to move on.  That’s fine I don’t begrudge him for that.  However I don’t think it’s a huge loss.  Yes Robby was a great deep threat but he was too inconsistent and other than the deep threat couldn’t do much else.  If I had to choose between him and Perriman would I choose Robby?  Yes I would BUT I like the Pertiman signing.  Plus the Jets are gonna draft at least 2 WR maybe even one of the top ones in the draft.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There you go again with the hyperbole.  

I have not and do not slam every signing.  I've just pointed out the reality of what these players are - mostly career back-ups that are pretty much flat to what we had last year and in a couple of cases downgrades with a couple of upgrades as well.  I can't count how many times I've said this as I don't blame JD - I don't think he's done a bad job - but he hasn't necessarily done a good one either.  

Why is that so hard for you to accept?  or at least acknowledge that my opinion is a valid one?  

It’s not a valid opinion.  Nobody has said this team is ready to compete.  We simply like the approach and know that we are gonna build through the draft.  I wish you would just be up front about your negativity.  I would respect you more if you were honest about it.  It’s not just that you bash every move or non move but you continuously take shots at fans at accuse them of “praising” Douglas.  Like I said nobody is praising Douglas other than liking his approach so far.  We all know he had a lot to prove especially in a couple weeks in what will be our most important draft in a long time.  But it’s not gonna happen overnight 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Nobody said the sky is falling, but the team, particularly the offense hasn’t gotten better and our hands are pretty tied in the draft.  Too many holes that basically HAVE to be filled in the draft.

And yes, if you’re impartial you simply can’t look at the situation the Jets are in and think it’s been a successful off season to date.  The worst offense in the league lost their best weapon and mostly signed back-up OLinemen to replace their old backup Olinmen

I said, it can change - and certainly hope it does.  There are still some quality players out there and he can nail the draft.  Just right now, I am concerned about the talen on the offense.

Look I like Robby but how can you make that statement with a straight face?  Robby would and did disappear for long periods of the game.,  he  ran sloppy routes most of the time and often failed to fight for contested balls.   His grab in the Pitt game was a think of beauty but how many of those did he make in his career?  Not many that for dam sure...  

Is Mr. P the answer, I do not know and neither do you.  

As for the OL... you could be correct with respect to the O; however,, I differ and believe they do have better talent even if, as you say, they are back-up  (yet two will definably improve penalties).  A lot will depend on how quickie they can jell, execute the line calls and play physically.  I also I believe we will pick up an OT and IOL in this draft. 

Finally, I am not deluding myself. I have serious -serious - doubts about AG and his gofer OC.  Frankly, I have little faith in his ability to play call  beyond the 1st series which was exhibited in 2019.  My hope, as is the case every year for the last 53 years, is that they will be smart fundamentally, physical at the point of attach and execute.  If they do, AG gets his head out of his ass and can make in game adjustments then  we will all be surprised,,,  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

he wont be quite as less productive than RA as he has been for the last 4 yrs...     damnation by faint praise if i ever heard it...

yes both are like wrs every team has. one starts. the other is #4 or sometimes#3

Robby is a #4 or sometimes a #3 on those same teams.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Perriman has only received 195 career targets (due a playing within a (much) deeper WR depth chart in TB than Robby played within here in NY).

But once Breshad Perriman was given a real opportunity in Tampa Bay (despite a turnover prone and interception machine in J. Winston as his Quarterback who tossed 30 INT's away last year) he still made the most of his opportunities; especially during 2019's final 5 games where we exploded and recorded...

25 receptions (37 targets), 506 receiving yards (20.2 yards per catch) and 5 TD receptions including three (3) consecutive games of 100+ yard receiving performances closing out 2019. 

Instead of explaining how Perriman was given an opportunity as a 1st round selection with the Ravens or how QB J. Winston threw 33 TD's and over 5,100 yards, in which 4,500 of those yards and 27 of those TD's went to players not named Breshad Perriman, let me instead do this. 

Breshad Perriman started 4 games for the Bucs and folks are hung up on his last 5 games, so lets break those games down. 

Lets start with his last 5 games. 

1. Against Jax he had 5 catches on 6 targets for 87 yards

2. Against Indy he had 3 catches on 5 targets for 70 yards and 1 TD

3. Against Detroit he had 5 catches on 6 targets for 113 and 3 TD's

4. Against Houston he had 7 catches on 12 targets for 102 yards

5. Against ATL he had 5 catches on 8 targets for 134 yards and 1 TD. 

The underlined are the games that he started. 

Where did his opponents rank in terms of total defense in those games (Yards Per Game)? 

Jax ranked 24th

Indy ranked 16th

Detroit ranked 31st

Houston ranked 24th

Atlanta ranked 20th. 

The bolded is the highest ranked defense within that 5 game stretch, which ironically he had the least amount of catches, targets and yards in that game when compared to his other 4 games within that stretch. And that was just against the weakest of the top half defense in the league (16th)

Well, what was his 4th starting game? It was week 11 against the Saints. 

Where did the Saints rank in defense? They ranked 11th in the league. What was Perriman's numbers in that game? 

Against the Saints he had 1 reception on 3 targets for 20 yards. 

How Ironic is it that this dude's production basically disappeared within games when playing against top 16 teams. 

Perriman also has 2 games where he had 4 targets and had no catches against bottom 20 defenses. 4 targets 0 catches against Carolina week 2, 4 targets 0 catches against Tennessee. 

Why am I presenting this? The Jets play in a division where they play the Bills, Pats and Fins twice. The Bills were #3 in defense and the Patriots were #1 in defense in respects to YPG. The Fins were 30th, so we should expect Perriman to ball the f*** out during those two games, but maybe not now that they have Byron Jones. 

Folks are blowing those 5 games out of proportion while ignoring the level of defense as well as looking at his production dip while playing against respectable defenses, not even elite defenses like the Bills or Patriots who we play 4 times this year. 

And I'm pretty sure you weren't watching Perriman play for the Buccaneers @ 1:00 on Sundays while also watching the Jets @ the same time so it's more than obvious that you're just looking @ box score numbers as a way of downplaying how good Perriman truly was (once finally getting his opportunity to flourish) with bold statements such as "Robby is clearly better than Perriman.

The very moment Carolina signed Robby Anderson. I made a post. About Breshad Perriman being a must replacement. I immediately and instantly began to call for Breshad Perriman as our next speed burning deep threat for Sam Darnold. 

Actually, I was watching the Browns. However, I do have NFL gamepass so when Kevin Stefanski was hired, I watched all 16 of the Vikings games, and when Perriman was signed I made sure to watch the 5 games that folks are extrapolating. I also watched the Browns last year and got to see Perriman then before he was even a thought for the Jets. And overall the man is a nice addition to any team in terms of depth, but since I've also watched Robby Anderson I can hold fast to my opinion that I've not seen Perriman go up against the same level of talent as he wasnt a starter and Im not going to ignore his 46 initial games because im extrapolating his last 5. 

What I'd rather do is show how he had all that talent around him yet when it came to playing against middle of the pack defenses the man wasnt putting up numbers like those last 3 games when he was playing bottom of the league defenses. 

How about folks add those facts in when mentioning those 5 games. 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Robby is a #4 or sometimes a #3 on those same teams.

I'm very happy and extremely excited to see Perriman and his Olympic type speed doing exactly what Robby did for us on offense but Carolina obviously feels much different than you do regarding Anderson.

Carolina's owner and GM just agreed to make Robby Anderson filthy rich with a $20,000,000 contract (2 years) in order to become one of their two starting WR's on the outside (because he's the opposite of a slot receiver) not (as you claim) $20M for a "#4 WR"...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I said there wouldn’t be much difference between the two. 

Nothing was ignored. my simple opinion.  
That’s all.  You do t see it.   Fine 

You ignored my point to your opinion again while reiterating your opinion then trying to conclude the conversation with "That's all. You dont see it. Fine". 

I did see you opinion, which I didnt ignore, you ignored my opinion because you can only see yours. 

Im also fine with that. No need to triple down on the fact that you're ignoring my point. :-) 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Instead of explaining how Perriman was given an opportunity as a 1st round selection with the Ravens or how QB J. Winston threw 33 TD's and over 5,100 yards, in which 4,500 of those yards and 27 of those TD's went to players not named Breshad Perriman, let me instead do this. 

Breshad Perriman started 4 games for the Bucs and folks are hung up on his last 5 games, so lets break those games down. 

Lets start with his last 5 games. 

1. Against Jax he had 5 catches on 6 targets for 87 yards

2. Against Indy he had 3 catches on 5 targets for 70 yards and 1 TD

3. Against Detroit he had 5 catches on 6 targets for 113 and 3 TD's

4. Against Houston he had 7 catches on 12 targets for 102 yards

5. Against ATL he had 5 catches on 8 targets for 134 yards and 1 TD. 

The underlined are the games that he started. 

Where did his opponents rank in terms of total defense in those games (Yards Per Game)? 

Jax ranked 24th

Indy ranked 16th

Detroit ranked 31st

Houston ranked 24th

Atlanta ranked 20th. 

The bolded is the highest ranked defense within that 5 game stretch, which ironically he had the least amount of catches, targets and yards in that game when compared to his other 4 games within that stretch. And that was just against the weakest of the top half defense in the league (16th)

Well, what was his 4th starting game? It was week 11 against the Saints. 

Where did the Saints rank in defense? They ranked 11th in the league. What was Perriman's numbers in that game? 

Against the Saints he had 1 reception on 3 targets for 20 yards. 

How Ironic is it that this dude's production basically disappeared within games when playing against top 16 teams. 

Perriman also has 2 games where he had 4 targets and had no catches against bottom 20 defenses. 4 targets 0 catches against Carolina week 2, 4 targets 0 catches against Tennessee. 

Why am I presenting this? The Jets play in a division where they play the Bills, Pats and Fins twice. The Bills were #3 in defense and the Patriots were #1 in defense in respects to YPG. The Fins were 30th, so we should expect Perriman to ball the f*** out during those two games, but maybe not now that they have Byron Jones. 

Folks are blowing those 5 games out of proportion while ignoring the level of defense as well as looking at his production dip while playing against respectable defenses, not even elite defenses like the Bills or Patriots who we play 4 times this year. 

Actually, I was watching the Browns. However, I do have NFL gamepass so when Kevin Stefanski was hired, I watched all 16 of the Vikings games, and when Perriman was signed I made sure to watch the 5 games that folks are extrapolating. I also watched the Browns last year and got to see Perriman then before he was even a thought for the Jets. And overall the man is a nice addition to any team in terms of depth, but since I've also watched Robby Anderson I can hold fast to my opinion that I've not seen Perriman go up against the same level of talent as he wasnt a starter and Im not going to ignore his 46 initial games because im extrapolating his last 5. 

What I'd rather do is show how he had all that talent around him yet when it came to playing against middle of the pack defenses the man wasnt putting up numbers like those last 3 games when he was playing bottom of the league defenses. 

How about folks add those facts in when mentioning those 5 games. 

so the TL'DR of this is...

Doing well against bad teams is #actually bad.

Weird.  When Baker did it his rookie year, you were singing a different tune.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

so the TL'DR of this is...

Doing well against bad teams is #actually bad.

Weird, when Baker did it his rookie year, you were singing a different tune.

Aww, Baker Mayfield. Someone's in their feelings. lol. I'll entertain. 

Baker was a 1st round pick and played like it. Perriman was a 1st round pick, never played like it. 

It is a different tune. 

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

People are being a bit irrational about the franchise changing loss of Robby Anderson.... ?

Perriman was a #3 for Tampa behind Evan's and Godwin. Anderson was a #3 on a team with no 1 or 2. LOL. 

You're all making faulty conclusions. Guys here are frothing at the mouth to praise Robbie and bash the Jets, when the reality is that the Jets were so poor in constructing a roster, Robbie was forced to perform in a role he was barely adequate at. When given the same exact opportunity Robby was forced into for the last 3 years, BA did pretty much as well or slightly better than Anderson's production, just with a much smaller sample size.

Because Perriman has played for teams that were much more competently constructed (Ravens, TB) than the MacIdzik Jets.  

All of this is just a circle jerk anyway, you're arguing about deck chair arrangements (#3 WRs) while structural stability is still in question (OL)...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

People are being a bit irrational about the franchise changing loss of Robby Anderson.... ?

Perriman was a #3 for Tampa behind Evan's and Godwin. Anderson was a #3 on a team with no 1 or 2. LOL. 

You're all making faulty conclusions. Guys here are frothing at the mouth to praise Robbie and bash the Jets, when the reality is that the Jets were so poor in constructing a roster, Robbie was forced to perform in a role he was barely adequate at. When given the same exact opportunity Robby was forced into for the last 3 years, BA did pretty much as well or slightly better than Anderson's production, just with a much smaller sample size.

Because Perriman has played for teams that were much more competently constructed (Ravens, TB) than the MacIdzik Jets.  

All of this is just a circle jerk anyway, you're arguing about deck chair arrangements (#3 WRs) while structural stability is still in question (OL)...

Robby Anderson is a #2 Wideout. Ask Carolina. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Aww, Baker Mayfield. Someone's in their feelings. lol. I'll entertain. 

Baker was a 1st round pick and played like it. Perriman was a 1st round pick, never played like it. 

It is a different tune. 

Just making sure that we're being consistent.  That's all.  Thanks for having so much salt about all of this that I can season my steak tn tho.

I'd say the numbers Perriman put up against those defenses were that of a first round pick.

As for Baker?  He sure as sh*t didn't play like a first round pick when asked to go against good defenses though.  That's the criteria that you feel needs to be met, after all.  THOSE are the games that #actually count.  Not the ones against bad defenses.

The tune is exactly the same.  You just wanna change it to suit your argument.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Pretty good" is not worth a long-term contract.  Not when we're likely about to draft a pair of young, talented receivers who will be cheaply under contract for 4 or 5 years.

I'd gladly have brought him back for 1 year, $10M.  He got $12M elsewhere.  Cool, see ya Robby.  

Disagree. Pretty good and getting better is pretty good and getting better. Rookie WRs are not reliable plug-and-play options.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just making sure that we're being consistent.  That's all.  Thanks for having so much salt about all of this that I can season my steak tn tho.

I'd say the numbers Perriman put up against those defense were that of a first round pick.

Baker sure as sh*t didn't play like a first round pick when asked to go against good defenses though.  That's your criteria that needs to be met, after all.

The tune is exactly the same.  You just wanna change it to suit your argument.

It's clear that the only salt is the guy who brings up Mayfield in a Breshad Perriman thread where there is absolutely zero relevance. 

Here's the thread that you should be in. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Except there is a basis for my predictions. Unlike in the financial industry, previous results do suggest future performance.

The burden is on you to tell us why Perriman's 2020 will not look similar to his 2016-2019.

EDIT: Your question. Gase didn't develop Anderson. He was already developed. Was the same player before Gase and during Gase. Which is exactly what I am suggesting is the likely outcome for Perriman.

Anderson was definitely asked to do a little more under gase. I think Anderson began developing into a more complete receiver in gases offense