Jets X Factor: Breshad Perriman film review

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

It's clear that the only salt is the guy who brings up Mayfield in a Breshad Perriman thread. 

Here's the thread that you should be in. 

"You're ignoring my point. ?"

?

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Aww, Baker Mayfield. Someone's in their feelings. lol. I'll entertain. 

Baker was a 1st round pick and played like it. Perriman was a 1st round pick, never played like it. 

It is a different tune. 

Perriman was tremendous second half of last season

1 minute ago, Vader said:

Disagree. Pretty good and getting better is pretty good and getting better. Rookie WRs are not reliable plug-and-play options.

Exactly. Pretty good players in a bad situation are great to keep when you're looking to make the team better while trying to keep chemistry with players that were pretty good in those bad situations. 

Just like rookies aren't always reliable as day 1 plug and play options, it's also not good to remove guys who the QB had chemistry with in order to bring in a new guy who we hope can do the same thing for less money along with that rookie and now we're not sure about reliability or chemistry. 

The Jets arent strapped for cash. 

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Robby Anderson is a #2 Wideout. Ask Carolina. 

#3, behind D.J. Moore and McCaffrey.  

We'll agree to disagree. NBD.

I just dont get the crying, I don't think RA wanted to stick around, and I don't think the Jets FO is crying in their milk the way reactionary fans on the interweb are. 

This isn't even a Jerricho Cotchery level player we're talking about. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

The only one trying here is you reaching with Baker Mayfield references.

Nice try though. 

"You ignored my point to your opinion again while reiterating your opinion then trying to conclude the conversation with "That's all. You dont see it. Fine". 

I did see you opinion, which I didnt ignore, you ignored my opinion because you can only see yours. 

Im also fine with that. No need to triple down on the fact that you're ignoring my point. :-) "

Like I said.  Just making sure we are being consistent.  That's all :).

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So what’s he supposed to do not play well against bad teams?

Only Baker gets to play well against sh*t defenses Phil.

Everyone else that does it is a failed abortion with zero chance of improvement.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

McCaffrey is not a Wideout. 

Please, dont be that guy. 

Mac IS the focal point of their offense. Everything else is window dressing. 

I honestly don't care enough about this to get any more worked up about it than I do about the pop up ads I get on this site occasionally. A minor inconvenience,  soon to be forgotten. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Vader said:

Disagree. Pretty good and getting better is pretty good and getting better. Rookie WRs are not reliable plug-and-play options.

Hence why I said Robby was worthy of a 1-year deal for $10M and not a long-term deal.  "Plug in" Robby while the rookies develop.  Then let him go once the young guys are ready to be starters. 

Perriman and Crowder will now be our "hold the fort" guys.

Just now, Mogglez said:

"You ignored my point to your opinion again while reiterating your opinion then trying to conclude the conversation with "That's all. You dont see it. Fine". 

I did see you opinion, which I didnt ignore, you ignored my opinion because you can only see yours. 

Im also fine with that. No need to triple down on the fact that you're ignoring my point. :-) "

Like I said.  Just making sure we are being consistent.  That's all :).

So the TL:DR of this is. 

Baker Mayfield is like Perriman, except Baker is an actual Starter and had an historical rookie season...though this topic is clearly in the wrong thread. 

You failed at this Mogglez

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nope, but to show context, like I did when he went 1 for 3 for 20 yards against the 11th best defense in the New Orleans Saints. 

For the record I wanted to resign Robby but Perriman has the speed and ball skills to be a good target for Sam

Robbie Anderson was like 450 yards away over the last 3 years total from three 1000 yard seasons. 

Perriman was like 2000 yards away over the same period of time. He showed promise at the end of last year, but hard to extrapolate this into the future. 

Anderson’s performance on the jets this year however, is easy to extrapolate. His production has been consistent as his route tree has grown too.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Everyone else that does it is a failed abortion with zero chance of improvement.

Hey that’s not fair.  Baker last year sucked just as badly facing bad defenses too

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hence why I said Robby was worthy of a 1-year deal for $10M and not a long-term deal.  "Plug in" Robby while the rookies develop.  Then let him go once the young guys are ready to be starters. 

Perriman and Crowder will now be our "hold the fort" guys.

Home grown UDFA talents That become multi-year starters should be retained on a long term contract. I don’t think Robbie Wanted to be here and that does make a difference, although we don’t know exactly what JD offered him. 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

For the record I wanted to resign Robby but Perriman has the speed and ball skills to be a good target for Sam

For the record, I believe you. You mentioned how tremendous Perriman played, and I agree. Im simply adding context to it. The man played against defense that gave up yards like that was their purpose on the field. When he played against middle of the pack teams his stats reflected what we'd generally see from him. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

That's not true. Sam Darnold has done it and we love em! 

lmao.

Prettttty sure Darnold has more wins against top defenses than Baker, but since you absolutely despise the team you claim to root for, Im sure youll find an excuse for that.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So the TL:DR of this is. 

Baker Mayfield is like Perriman, except Baker is an actual Starter and had an historical rookie season...though this topic is clearly in the wrong thread. 

You failed at this Mogglez

RGIII had a sick rookie season too. 

Th point is that you hold one to a certain standard because you want to collect his used toilet paper for a shrine, but will sh*t all over a guy we signed for peanuts.  Then when called out on it, always fall back on "but muh HIZTORIC szn".

Aaaaaaand look at how quickly Mogglez decided to make this thread about Baker Mayfield lmao. 

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

so the TL'DR of this is...

Doing well against bad teams is #actually bad.

Weird.  When Baker did it his rookie year, you were singing a different tune.

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just making sure that we're being consistent.  That's all.  Thanks for having so much salt about all of this that I can season my steak tn tho.

I'd say the numbers Perriman put up against those defenses were that of a first round pick.

As for Baker?  He sure as sh*t didn't play like a first round pick when asked to go against good defenses though.  That's the criteria that you feel needs to be met, after all.  THOSE are the games that #actually count.  Not the ones against bad defenses.

The tune is exactly the same.  You just wanna change it to suit your argument.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Prettttty sure Darnold has more wins against top defenses than Baker, but since you absolutely despise the team you claim to root for, Im sure youll find an excuse for that.

RGIII had a sick rookie season too. 

Th point is that you hold one to a certain standard because you want to collect his used toilet paper for a shrine, but will sh*t all over a guy we signed for peanuts.  Then when called out on it, always fall back on "but muh HIZTORIC szn".

You're salty about my opinion regarding this topic. Can we atleast stay on topic though? lmao. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

For the record, I believe you. You mentioned how tremendous Perriman played, and I agree. Im simply adding context to it. The man played against defense that gave up yards like that was their purpose on the field. When he played against middle of the pack teams his stats reflected what we'd generally see from him. 

You play who you play.  I’ve seen Robby tear up lousy secondaries too last couple years with Sam most notably the same Lions defense you say Perriman’s stats shouldn’t count facing against

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

You play who you play.  I’ve seen Robby tear up lousy secondaries too last couple years with Sam most notably the same Lions defense you say Perriman’s stats shouldn’t count facing against

Which is why I made sure to add context to the teams that he was playing. 

I've also seen Robby torch lousy defenses, but I also know that Robby never had the plethora of top talent WR's to draw attention nor has he had future HOF coaches. 

Perriman produced his numbers in FANTASTIC situations, now he's coming to the Jets where Sam will not be throwing for 5,100 yards and 33TD's nor is he being coached by Harbaugh or Arians. 

Context. 

40 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Robby Anderson is a #2 Wideout. Ask Carolina. 

Has Carolina said this

You know other than to sell your point?  

Or because they are desperate.

I mean since apparently youve asked them

The only thing we know for sure is JD doesnt think hes a #2.  I'll take JDs opinion over a Baylor HC who as never coached an NFL team

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Has Carolina said this

You know other than to sell your point?  

Or because they are desperate.

I mean since apparently youve asked them

The only thing we know for sure is JD doesnt think hes a #2.  I'll take JDs opinion over a Baylor HC who as never coached an NFL team

I said he's the #2 Wideout

Nothing was ignored. my simple opinion.  
That’s all.  You dont see it.   Fine 

?

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Which is why I made sure to add context to the teams that he was playing. 

I've also seen Robby torch lousy defenses, but I also know that Robby never had the plethora of top talent WR's to draw attention nor has he had future HOF coaches. 

Perriman produced his numbers in FANTASTIC situations, now he's coming to the Jets where Sam will not be throwing for 5,100 yards and 33TD's nor is he being coached by Harbaugh or Arians. 

Context. 

What did Sam do to p you off?

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

What did Sam do to p you off?

Sam has done nothing to me. Sam Darnold is in a bad situation, and like Robby I wish he was in a better one. 

And that's coming from a guy who didnt like Darnold at USC. I seen enough on the pro level to know that the kid has the ability, he's on the wrong team. 

So when I say that he's not going to throw for 5,100 yards and 33 TD's it's not because of him specifically, it's because the last time a player did that in a Jets Jersey it was NEVER. The last time a QB had 4,000 yards we have to go back to the 1960's. 

You put Sam Darnold on the Bucs right now he'd be a top 15 QB in this league today, right now. 

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I said he's the #2 Wideout

Nothing was ignored. my simple opinion.  
That’s all.  You dont see it.   Fine 

?

No you said ask Carolina.  

Forget it.  I dont get that youre ignoring this.  We'll see

?

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Except there is a basis for my predictions. Unlike in the financial industry, previous results do suggest future performance.

The burden is on you to tell us why Perriman's 2020 will not look similar to his 2016-2019.

EDIT: Your question. Gase didn't develop Anderson. He was already developed. Was the same player before Gase and during Gase. Which is exactly what I am suggesting is the likely outcome for Perriman.

Gase is not the receivers coach   He wasnt in Miami either.  He is the head coach and offensive coordinator.   He doesnt work on the nuances of being a wide receiver and coach technique.  He doesnt “ develop “receivers.  His coaches do that.  He calls plays and plays the best players.

As far as Perriman, you asked who would bet Perriman would have a better season than Anderson.  If thats a serious question, lets do it.  Ill bet you that he has a better season than Anderson.  Most yards, receptions and TDs.  Two out of three wins.  Interested?