Jump to content

Jets X Factor: Breshad Perriman film review


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

lmao. 

You said ask Carolina. 

Waiting.

You said you were done.

Praying.

You think there's some contest you need to win by arguing with everyone here.  

FM

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 and 3/4 years as a bust and the. 5 good games and he’s our savior. 

Nobody said he is a savior.  I know your job is to be negative almost for show at this point but come man man 😂 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ids3zMPwzBc

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

= A pointless response.

And another post from someone who was moving on.  Now that's a LOL

 

Examples. 

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You said ask Carolina. 

Waiting.

You said you were done.

Praying.

You think there's some contest you need to win by arguing with everyone here.  

FM

 

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No you said ask Carolina.  

Forget it.  I dont get that youre ignoring this.  We'll see

🙄

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Examples. 

 

 

Of someone said they were moving on and cant.

And cant back up the "ask Carolina" post.

Sorry, youre flailing 

Quote

You said you were done.

Praying.

You think there's some contest you need to win by arguing with everyone here.  

LOL

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

All of this is just a circle jerk anyway, you're arguing about deck chair arrangements (#3 WRs) while structural stability is still in question (OL)...

 

something like that...    an adequate deck chaoir and a slightly less adequate deck chair...

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Of someone who said they were moving on and cant.

And cant back up the "ask Carolina" post.

Sorry, youre flailing 

LOL

 

17 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dead Silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

OMG. you cant change your spots.  Have no idea how to do what you said, move on.  lOL

I'll bet right now, you'll response.  Youre pathetic

LOL, what crickets? You cant stfu and keep getting sucked in

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, slats said:

You complain about people going off topic and then proceed to reply to every single “off topic,” post with one of your own, while getting increasingly snarky with every one. 

You wanna help stop threads from going off topic? Try to control your own impulses. 

I answered his question an hour ago. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I said he's the #2 Wideout

 Nothing was ignored. my simple opinion.  
That’s all.  You dont see it.   Fine 

😉

 

He's not accepting it and wants to continue, so him trolling him. 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I answered his question an hour ago. 

He's not accepting it and wants to continue, so him trolling him. 

You’re not helping yourself here. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slats said:

Cool. Then stop. Because I’m getting thisclose to waiting until May to hear your opinions about the draft. 

 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

 I actually answered his question before his semantics. 

You're the mod though, so whatever you say I'll run with it. I'd like to keep my account active. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Gase is not the receivers coach   He wasnt in Miami either.  He is the head coach and offensive coordinator.   He doesnt work on the nuances of being a wide receiver and coach technique.  He doesnt “ develop “receivers.  His coaches do that.  He calls plays and plays the best players.

As far as Perriman, you asked who would bet Perriman would have a better season than Anderson.  If thats a serious question, lets do it.  Ill bet you that he has a better season than Anderson.  Most yards, receptions and TDs.  Two out of three wins.  Interested?

That wasn’t the bet at all. I said bet on Perriman breaking out, which is difficult to define and we’d need to agree on what constitutes a break out. I told you my expectations for him. To me, a break out would be 20% higher than my expectations across those three categories. So 78/1,040/8 or more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jgb said:

That wasn’t the bet at all. I said bet on Perriman breaking out, which is difficult to define and we’d need to agree on what constitutes a break out. I told you my expectations for him. To me, a break out would be 20% higher than my expectations across those three categories. So 78/1,040/8 or more.

So for you to consider signing Perriman a success, he’d have to become an All Pro and have a season that Anderson, who he is replacing,  has never had.   And all for a fraction of what Anderson was paid.  You’re a tough man to please!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jgb said:

I hope he breaks out but I'm not optimistic. If you're getting even money, almost everyone would bet against a Perriman breakout (if you'd bet on Perriman, PM me!). Very similar player to Devante Parker who -- like several Fins offensive players -- had to wait for Gase to leave town to enjoy a break out.

The first sentence of the new Perriman article on NFL.com sums up both my hope and my skepticism perfectly:

"Breshad Perriman is entering his fifth season, for his fourth team, and he's got three big games to show for it. They also happen to be his last three games"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108382/article/breshad-perriman-bucs-finish-a-sneak-peek-for-jets

Why would you be?   You are Jet fan after all.  Optimism is for other teams fans...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Instead of explaining how Perriman was given an opportunity as a 1st round selection with the Ravens or how QB J. Winston threw 33 TD's and over 5,100 yards, in which 4,500 of those yards and 27 of those TD's went to players not named Breshad Perriman, let me instead do this. 

 Breshad Perriman started 4 games for the Bucs and folks are hung up on his last 5 games, so lets break those games down. 

 

Lets start with his last 5 games. 

1. Against Jax he had 5 catches on 6 targets for 87 yards

2. Against Indy he had 3 catches on 5 targets for 70 yards and 1 TD

3. Against Detroit he had 5 catches on 6 targets for 113 and 3 TD's

4. Against Houston he had 7 catches on 12 targets for 102 yards

5. Against ATL he had 5 catches on 8 targets for 134 yards and 1 TD. 

The underlined are the games that he started. 

Where did his opponents rank in terms of total defense in those games (Yards Per Game)? 

Jax ranked 24th

Indy ranked 16th

Detroit ranked 31st

Houston ranked 24th

Atlanta ranked 20th. 

The bolded is the highest ranked defense within that 5 game stretch, which ironically he had the least amount of catches, targets and yards in that game when compared to his other 4 games within that stretch. And that was just against the weakest of the top half defense in the league (16th)

Well, what was his 4th starting game? It was week 11 against the Saints. 

Where did the Saints rank in defense? They ranked 11th in the league. What was Perriman's numbers in that game? 

Against the Saints he had 1 reception on 3 targets for 20 yards. 

 

How Ironic is it that this dude's production basically disappeared within games when playing against top 16 teams. 

Perriman also has 2 games where he had 4 targets and had no catches against bottom 20 defenses. 4 targets 0 catches against Carolina week 2, 4 targets 0 catches against Tennessee. 

 

Why am I presenting this? The Jets play in a division where they play the Bills, Pats and Fins twice. The Bills were #3 in defense and the Patriots were #1 in defense in respects to YPG. The Fins were 30th, so we should expect Perriman to ball the f*** out during those two games, but maybe not now that they have Byron Jones. 

Folks are blowing those 5 games out of proportion while ignoring the level of defense as well as looking at his production dip while playing against respectable defenses, not even elite defenses like the Bills or Patriots who we play 4 times this year. 

Actually, I was watching the Browns. However, I do have NFL gamepass so when Kevin Stefanski was hired, I watched all 16 of the Vikings games, and when Perriman was signed I made sure to watch the 5 games that folks are extrapolating. I also watched the Browns last year and got to see Perriman then before he was even a thought for the Jets. And overall the man is a nice addition to any team in terms of depth, but since I've also watched Robby Anderson I can hold fast to my opinion that I've not seen Perriman go up against the same level of talent as he wasnt a starter and Im not going to ignore his 46 initial games because im extrapolating his last 5. 

What I'd rather do is show how he had all that talent around him yet when it came to playing against middle of the pack defenses the man wasnt putting up numbers like those last 3 games when he was playing bottom of the league defenses. 

How about folks add those facts in when mentioning those 5 games. 

Oh please. You're cherry picking. I can do the same and post statistics of Robby Anderson doing absolutely nothingness throughout 10 games last year. And during those 10 games of nothingness he was a 16 game starter. Would you like for me to post all 10 games where Anderson was invisible? lol.. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Aww, Baker Mayfield. Someone's in their feelings. lol. I'll entertain. 

Baker was a 1st round pick and played like it. Perriman was a 1st round pick, never played like it. 

 

It is a different tune. 

 

 

 

Baker Mayfield absolutely stinks and couldn't even win last year with two great receivers in Beckham Jr. and Landry. 

If you wanted a scrambling or running QB Lamar Jackson was your guy. 

Perriman may be a 1st round bust but he went 26th overall lol Baker Mayfield looked like an absolute bust last year and is a 1st overall. 1st overall bust vs 26th overall bust = big difference. 

12-17 career losing record he sucks. And sucks with great receivers too. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Baker Mayfield absolutely stinks and couldn't even win last year with two great receivers in Beckham Jr. and Landry. 

If you wanted a scrambling or running QB Lamar Jackson was your guy. 

Perriman may be a 1st round bust but he went 26th overall lol Baker Mayfield looked like an absolute bust last year and is a 1st overall. 1st overall bust vs 26th overall bust = big difference. 

12-17 career losing record he sucks. And sucks with great receivers too. 

Baker had a bad year last year, had a great rookie year. 

Perriman never even had a "good" year. 

Baker in his 2 seasons, including that horrid 2nd season has more wins than Perriman has starts in this league. 

I will no longer entertain these shenanigans. We'll see what happens this season. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, villain_the_foe said:

Baker had a bad year last year, had a great rookie year. 

Perriman never even had a "good" year. 

Baker in his 2 seasons, including that horrid 2nd season has more wins than Perriman has starts in this league. 

I will no longer entertain these shenanigans. We'll see what happens this season. 

Speaking of stats and starter's...

Perrimam averages more receptions, more receiving yards and more TD receptions (as a starter) per game than Robby Anderson as a starter; meaning that Perriman has made the most of his opportunities once getting an opportunity to start games than Anderson has with his starts. Anderson has just had more opportunities nothing more nothing less and Perriman looked awesome during the last 5 games last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

So for you to consider signing Perriman a success, he’d have to become an All Pro and have a season that Anderson, who he is replacing,  has never had.   And all for a fraction of what Anderson was paid.  You’re a tough man to please!

If you want to debate, kindly stick to your side of the argument and let me make my own. Or, at least summarize my position accurately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don’t disagree with that - but he’s not on the same level of Robby is the only point I’m making - leaving us, right now, with little to speak of in the WR position.  Not sure why people are getting so upset about that...

Again, we are better on paper than we were last year.  Douglas is giving out lots of one year deals to see who earns a bigger extension.

We don't have much at WR because the last two GM's botched the 5-6 they drafted.  This is one of the reasons why I think he might go Jeudy.

That being said, I like what has done, but it is FAR from done.  But until Douglas gets a couple of draft, 2-3 good starters and 3-4 good role players, he can't be judged.  He is going to make this franchise successful by the ability he will have to draft good players, develop players, and keep players.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Why would you be?   You are Jet fan after all.  Optimism is for other teams fans...

I’m optimistic about some aspects of the Jets. Perriman isn’t one of them. Too much data out there on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, villain_the_foe said:

Baker had a bad year last year, had a great rookie year. 

Perriman never even had a "good" year. 

Baker in his 2 seasons, including that horrid 2nd season has more wins than Perriman has starts in this league. 

I will no longer entertain these shenanigans. We'll see what happens this season. 

But he’s a Jets now so he must be great 🙄 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Again, we are better on paper than we were last year.  Douglas is giving out lots of one year deals to see who earns a bigger extension.

We don't have much at WR because the last two GM's botched the 5-6 they drafted.  This is one of the reasons why I think he might go Jeudy.

That being said, I like what has done, but it is FAR from done.  But until Douglas gets a couple of draft, 2-3 good starters and 3-4 good role players, he can't be judged.  He is going to make this franchise successful by the ability he will have to draft good players, develop players, and keep players.

 

Agsin,  I’m not saying JD has done a bad job -  I can’t count how many times I’ve stated that.
Additionally, I understand we still have the draft and that there’s still plenty to be done and know previous GM’s were bad - I get it and stated it dozens of times  

With that said, the offense (which is all I’ve been talking about) IMO is not better on paper, not sure how you’re really getting to that they are. 
 

Again, I’m not stating our GM has done a bad job, but I don’t think he’s done a particularly good one yet either.  

For all the moves and one year deals, what have we done?

On paper,  we’ve upgraded at Center and downgraded at WR. Everything else is pretty much a push. Replacing back-up level talent with back-up level talent.

This is pretty much indisputable. Not sure why it’s so hard for people to accept.  under the circumstances not a terrible job, but let’s call it what it is.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Baker Mayfield absolutely stinks and couldn't even win last year with two great receivers in Beckham Jr. and Landry. 

If you wanted a scrambling or running QB Lamar Jackson was your guy. 

Perriman may be a 1st round bust but he went 26th overall lol Baker Mayfield looked like an absolute bust last year and is a 1st overall. 1st overall bust vs 26th overall bust = big difference. 

12-17 career losing record he sucks. And sucks with great receivers too. 

If Mayfield "stinks," that leads to a rather natural conclusion about Sam.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Speaking of stats and starter's...

Perrimam averages more receptions, more receiving yards and more TD receptions (as a starter) per game than Robby Anderson as a starter; meaning that Perriman has made the most of his opportunities once getting an opportunity to start games than Anderson has with his starts. Anderson has just had more opportunities nothing more nothing less and Perriman looked awesome during the last 5 games last year.

Three problems with this line of thought. (1) Perriman wasn't a starter for 3.75 years because he was not good enough to break into the starting lineup on three different teams; (2) He only "got his chance" after injuries to TB's two outside starters; (3) Yes he looked good in those few games but drawing conclusions from small sample sizes can be very misleading (good and bad).

The defenses TB faced down the stretch were very poor and TB had the 4th highest pass attempts per game in the NFL last season. He has no chance to replicate that success on the 2020 Jets. He will likely have a "career year" (raw stats) based on his likely massive opportunity share as a 16-game starter on a team with few other weapons, but true to 90% of his career to date, I expect him to be maddeningly inefficient with those opportunities. Facing consistent double teams for the first time in his career is also another wildcard.

I hope a light went on and he's a completely different/better player than the one that was dumped/let go by three prior teams. His contract is valued as if the last few games of 2019 are an aberration for a reason. Because they likely are. Hopefully we got lucky...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Agsin,  I’m not saying JD has done a bad job -  I can’t count how many times I’ve stated that.
Additionally, I understand we still have the draft and that there’s still plenty to be done and know previous GM’s were bad - I get it and stated it dozens of times  

With that said, the offense (which is all I’ve been talking about) IMO is not better on paper, not sure how you’re really getting to that they are. 
 

Again, I’m not stating our GM has done a bad job, but I don’t think he’s done a particularly good one yet either.  

For all the moves and one year deals, what have we done?

On paper,  we’ve upgraded at Center and downgraded at WR. Everything else is pretty much a push. Replacing back-up level talent with back-up level talent.

This is pretty much indisputable. Not sure why it’s so hard for people to accept.  under the circumstances not a terrible job, but let’s call it what it is.  

No, he has not turned us into a Super Bowl contender.  There are some posters (not you specifically) who are criticizing the moves because it didn't make us the odds-on favor to win the ultimate prize.  With little home-grown talent and a smallish F/A budget, I like that he filled the center position, gave us guard depth, and took a shot at a guy like Fant.  I like the one-year deals to see who is worth keeping over the next 5 years.  Which of course he can do with some of the money for next year.

The big thing will come in a few weeks.  Joe Douglas needs to be our Ozzie Newsome.  Someone who hits on 60-70 percent of his draft picks to contribute.  And hits on a HIGH percentage with premium picks.  He does that over the next couple of years, we will compete.  If he doesn't, it will be on to the next GM who can evaluate draft talent. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jgb said:

If Mayfield "stinks," that leads to a rather natural conclusion about Sam.

Sam Darnold does not have a decent O-Line and two great WR's as does Baker Mayfield in Cleveland.... Now does he?

Last 8 games of 2019:

Sam Darnold: Overall Record of 6-2: 163/267 (61.0%), 1,947 Passing Yards, 13 TD's/4 INT"s (2 Rushing TD's) and a QB Rating of 93.3!

I can not IMAGINE Sam Darnold behind an improved Joe Douglas Offensive Line along with two superstar Wide Receivers such as Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry!

College NCAA Football or not. This is when I first fell in love with Sam Darnold's Quarterbacking style of play (below). 

 And I've been a fan of his ever since.

That was the greatest college football game I've ever experienced with two of my favorite players in Sam Darnold vs. Saquon Barkley going head to head (an instant NCAA All-Time Classic). 

Darnold: 33/53 (62.3%), 453 Passing Yards, 5 TD's/1 INT and a QB Rating of 161.4 (as only a FRESHMAN!). 

I was one of the "Suck for Sam" fans who couldn't stop laughing immediately after watching Baker Mayfield go 1st overall and over Sam Darnold; that's when I told myself the Cleveland Browns are just being the Cleveland Browns (horrible @ drafting 1st overall). 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sam Darnold does not have a decent O-Line and two great WR's as does Baker Mayfield in Cleveland.... Now does he?

Last 8 games of 2019:

Sam Darnold: Overall Record of 6-2: 163/267 (61.0%), 1,947 Passing Yards, 13 TD's/4 INT"s (2 Rushing TD's) and a QB Rating of 93.3!

I can not IMAGINE Sam Darnold behind an improved Joe Douglas Offensive Line along with two superstar Wide Receivers such as Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry!

College NCAA Football or not. This is when I first fell in love with Sam Darnold's Quarterbacking style of play (below). 

 And I've been a fan of his ever since.

That was the greatest college football game I've ever experienced with two of my favorite players in Sam Darnold vs. Saquon Barkley going head to head (an instant NCAA All-Time Classic). 

Darnold: 33/53 (62.3%), 453 Passing Yards, 5 TD's/1 INT and a QB Rating of 161.4 (as only a FRESHMAN!). 

I was one of the "Suck for Sam" fans who couldn't stop laughing immediately after watching Baker Mayfield go 1st overall and over Sam Darnold; that's when I told myself the Cleveland Browns are just being the Cleveland Browns (horrible @ drafting 1st overall). 

Just because a QB has performed poorly with a poor OL doesn't mean he's an elite player in disguise. Totally possible both the QB and the supporting cast stink.

We've seen Baker play well. Sam's potential is a construct of hope. Reasonable minds can disagree. The problem is that Darnold skeptics are rarely met with a reasonable debate. Much easier to call them "fake fans," "haterz," "SOJFs," or whatever other slur du jour one can imagine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

Just because a QB has performed poorly with a poor OL doesn't mean he's an elite player in disguise. Totally possible both the QB and the supporting cast stink.

We've seen Baker play well. Sam's potential is a construct of hope. Reasonable minds can disagree. The problem is that Darnold skeptics are rarely met with a reasonable debate. Much easier to call them "fake fans," "haterz," "SOJFs," or whatever other slur du jour one can imagine.

Sorry but Sam Darnold playing behind a makeshift O-Line and historically speaking atrocious offensive lineman (with a lack of WR options) but yet still going 163/267 (61.0%), 1,947 Passing Yards, 13 TD's/4 INT"s (2 Rushing TD's) and a QB Rating of 93.3! (6-2 record) oy confirmed what I already knew about him (kid is a fighter). 

During our last 8 games just goes to show how special this kid truly is. Not many QB's could put up those types of statistical production under those horrific passing situations; and to think week one of 2018 on MNF @ Detroit - became the youngest NFL Starting QB of All-Time (heading into week 1). 

Darnold is special. Almost all of us wanted him for a reason and wanted him before he ever took a single snap as a Jet!! 

Suck for Sam was a real thing for us Jet fans as we were stuck with Fitzpatrick and McCown. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...