Drafttek.com Mock 03/31/20

PepPep

Haven't checked their site in a while but LOVE this Mock. Includes an interesting trade down scenario with the Eagles (JD connection, Eagles desperate for a WR) who move up for Lamb and give the Jets a second round pick (in the real draft the Jets would get more).

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1.asp

Jets miss out on Becton, Jones and the top 3 WRs but they end up with some of my favorite prospects.

Rd. 1- 21 (Eagles): Tee Higgins- WR

Rd. 2- 48: Tega-Wanogho- OT

Rd. 2- 53 (Eagles): Jaylon Johnson- CB 

Rd. 3- 68 (Giants): I. Wilson- OT

Rd. 3- 79: Alton Robinson- Edge 

Rd. 4- 120: Okwuegbunam- TE (I really don't get this selection. DT, S and TE are the 3 positions I would be totally fine if the Jets did not address at all in the draft. Instead, they could really use a second WR or RB here. Van Jefferson was on the board, so was Kelley out of UCLA. They take a RB in Rd. 5 and a WR in Rd. 6 but the value in Rd. 4 in considerably better IMO.)

Rd. 5- 158: Perine- RB

Rd. 6- 191: Joe Reed- WR

Rd. 6- 211: Dane Jackson- CB

Let me know your thoughts. If the Jets were to trade down this is really the type of draft I would love. I'm still convinced that OT in the first is the way to go but if we end up with Higgins and Wanogho along with an extra 2nd rounder that yields us Jaylon Johnson, sign me up. 

• Upvote 1

Okwuegbunam I picked in the jetnation draft, I actually think he is a pretty good prospect. 

TE is a bit dodgy with the jets, Griffin is coming of a bad injury, Herndon who looked so good his rookie year was totally unreliable last year.  I don;t mind the pick in the 4th round.

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Okwuegbunam I picked in the jetnation draft, I actually think he is a pretty good prospect. 

TE is a bit dodgy with the jets, Griffin is coming of a bad injury, Herndon who looked so good his rookie year was totally unreliable last year.  I don;t mind the pick in the 4th round.

Yeah, I've gone back and forth. It would just be so strange for the Jets to extend Griffin, re-sign Brown, and then draft a TE on top of that. At some point, there's just not enough room on the roster. And like I was pointing out, in this case, there was Jefferson and Kelley on the board, amongst some other really nice prospects in Rd. 4. I would have taken Jefferson in Rd. 4 over Joe Reed in Rd. 6 and a TE (Ok.) in Rd. 4. (if that makes sense).  But anyway, not my mock! And this is really nitpicking considering the other selections. 

• Upvote 1