DE Bradlee Anae: Utah Highlights

Posted a thread bout this guy in the draft section a long time ago. 

Love his motor. Love his Pass Rush moves. Shows good strength and pursuit. His knock according to evaluators is lack of elite athleticism, lack of versatility and 'alligator arms' or lack of length. But I don;t think any of those things will hold him back from being a productive player at the NFL level. They may, however, keep him from reaching that elite level or being a 3 down LB or Edge. So if he is there in Rd. 4 I take him, but I don't think I use a third rounder on him. Maybe if I traded down and ended up with a late third round pick.  

I love Weaver. To me, he's the Edge we should be targeting in Rd. 3. He's 265 with a compact build 6'-3" but his burst is unbelievable. He's really good at transferring speed to power but mainly uses speed to come around the edge. That may be his biggest knock. With the way that he is build though, it won't take much to make him a better power player, he's plenty strong.    

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Love his motor. Love his Pass Rush moves. Shows good strength and pursuit. His knock according to evaluators is lack of elite athleticism, lack of versatility and 'alligator arms' or lack of length. But I don;t think any of those things will hold him back from being a productive player at the NFL level. They may, however, keep him from reaching that elite level or being a 3 down LB or Edge. So if he is there in Rd. 4 I take him, but I don't think I use a third rounder on him. Maybe if I traded down and ended up with a late third round pick.  

I love Weaver. To me, he's the Edge we should be targeting in Rd. 3. He's 265 with a compact build 6'-3" but his burst is unbelievable. He's really good at transferring speed to power but mainly uses speed to come around the edge. That may be his biggest knock. With the way that he is build though, it won't take much to make him a better power player, he's plenty strong.    

Weaver’s my guy in the edge class too, with R3 also being my target. Or Tuszka day 3.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

Weaver’s my guy in the edge class too, with R3 also being my target. Or Tuszka day 3.

Another guy I have been keeping an eye on is Alton Robinson. Rd. 4-5. Similar to Weaver, he's got that powerful, compact build with a really great burst. He transfers speed to power really well. I think thats really important at the NFL level b/c once you are locked in by an O-lineman at the NFL level its game over. You need to be able to come in hot and jolt the lineman off his position. Robinson is better at the power game and not quite as good at the speed game. I don't think he has the same Pass Rush moves that Weaver does.  But the combination of explosion, power, and strength transfers well to the NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

Another guy I have been keeping an eye on is Alton Robinson. Rd. 4-5. Similar to Weaver, he's got that powerful, compact build with a really great burst. He transfers speed to power really well. I think thats really important at the NFL level b/c once you are locked in by an O-lineman at the NFL level its game over. You need to be able to come in hot and jolt the lineman off his position. Robinson is better at the power game and not quite as good at the speed game. I don't think he has the same Pass Rush moves that Weaver does.  But the combination of explosion, power, and strength transfers well to the NFL. 

I check checked out some highlights of Robinson. This draft is looking extra special all across the board. 

Just now, villain_the_foe said:

I check checked out some highlights of Robinson. This draft is looking extra special all across the board. 

Well its interesting. The way I see it, Edge is pretty weak this year but only at the top. once you get past the first 2-3 rounds, down to the tier 2-3 lever prospects you could really find some nice gems.  

CB is similar. Although at the CB position you have considerably more top tier Rd 1-2 level prospects. But after that there is still a lot of talent, especially at the nickel position. 

7 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Well its interesting. The way I see it, Edge is pretty weak this year but only at the top. once you get past the first 2-3 rounds, down to the tier 2-3 lever prospects you could really find some nice gems.  

CB is similar. Although at the CB position you have considerably more top tier Rd 1-2 level prospects. But after that there is still a lot of talent, especially at the nickel position. 

As long as the Jets make some key trade downs we'd be in a very good situation to pick up talent all 3 days of the draft. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is the guy we should be taking with our first 3rd round pick, if we’re lucky enough to see him in the board.

If he he  is available in round 3, we should sprint that card in (and by spring I mean JD should call quickly from his basement).  Anaee has excellent upside and seems to have the character that JD wants here, would be a fantastic pick in the 3rd or even the 2nd if we like him enough

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I really like what I have seen from Anae.  Would love to get him - or Weaver, Robinson, Willikes, Taylor - in that round 3-4 range.

I definitely think this draft class has potential to get a respectable pass rusher in the mid rounds, which is generally pretty rare to see. Jared Allen and Danielle Hunter only come around in the 3rd and 4th rounds are rare. 

I think this would be the year though. There are some good players who are really ranked low. 

OLB is our biggest need after LT and WR.  I really like the OLB from Wisconsin but no way does he fall to 48 and we’re gonna have to go WR there anyway

13 hours ago, BCJet said:

If he he  is available in round 3, we should sprint that card in (and by spring I mean JD should call quickly from his basement).  Anaee has excellent upside and seems to have the character that JD wants here, would be a fantastic pick in the 3rd or even the 2nd if we like him enough

On 4/6/2020 at 11:10 AM, PepPep said:

Unfortunately Anae had a really good combine.  I’m starting to doubt he falls to us in rd 3

Maybe that’s why JD is talking trade down with the falcons?  He wants another 2nd to get Anae?