Now official: NFL has informed teams of a virtual draft this year.

4 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

bill tablets GIF

Won't help this guy!

The trip to China for PPE was cover. BB knew this was coming from his Intelligence community, so Kraft went over and has sub-contracted the Peoples Liberation Armies 556th Electronic and Virtual Warfare Battalion (Airborne) to conduct a hacking campaign against the Draft servers. 

Don't be surprised when you hear "With the first pick in the 2020 Virtual NFL Draft, the New England Patriots selected LSU Quarterback Joe Burrow, and followed that up just now at the second spot with Alabama Wide Receiver Jerry Jeudy. The New England Patriots are now on the clock. Mel, where do you think the Patriots go with this pick and the 10 consecutive picks they somehow traded for in the last 30 minutes, costing them their 2027 5th rounder and a player to be named later?".

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Just give the teams longer to make the picks.

Exactly.  Should not be that hard to figure out. 

They used to give teams 15 minutes on the clock in first round and cut it to 10 a few years ago.  Just go back to 15 for the first round and add a couple of minutes per pick for 2 - 7.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

zvs4a0cbdxwt4yy5jf3i

You can know he is an incompetent GM just by where he is positioned. He should be in the front in a position to see and receive feedback from all those present. The man just oozed incompetence in every single thing he did.

• Upvote 3

They do not need anymore time to execute a trade... document it, have it time stamped & that should cover it... as long as the trade was agreed upon, time stamped & submitted within the allotted time frame I really don't see the issue... jmo 

7 hours ago, jetsons said:

They do not need anymore time to execute a trade... document it, have it time stamped & that should cover it... as long as the trade was agreed upon, time stamped & submitted within the allotted time frame I really don't see the issue... jmo 

I feel like they definitely need more time and should get it.

Everything virtually, as good as the tech is now a days, still takes longer and is more difficult to manage.

Under the circumstances - there is simply no reason to rush the process.  Especially when dealing with a first time GM - way better for us to have more time.

16 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think this will be the only issue - the ability to execute trades on time. I would think having so many people for each team at different venues it may take more time for a team to sign off on a deal. I would think the early possible trades will be set up prior to the draft. The later trades will take more time.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29005972/ravens-harbaugh-worried-tech-security

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh is worried that sensitive team information is more vulnerable to getting stolen because of the technology that NFL teams are relying upon to connect with players during the coronavirus pandemic.

At a time when teams are preparing to go virtual -- from playbooks to meetings -- Harbaugh has immediately texted the Ravens' information technology members when he's read about Zoom or other online resources getting hacked. He's been assured that everything is secure, but he reminds them about how other companies believed the same before their customers' accounts were compromised.

"It's a big concern," Harbaugh said during the Ravens' pre-draft news conference. "Hopefully we'll be OK. I really wouldn't want the opposing coaches to have our playbook or our draft meetings. That would be preferable, if we can stay away from that."

Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta joked that Harbaugh is being too concerned about cracks in today's communication technology.

"I have more confidence in Zoom than I do in Ozzie [Newsome, executive vice president], John, Steve [Bisciotti, owner] and Dick [Cass, team president], with a copy of our draft board that they just leave in the car on their front seat or something like that," DeCosta said.

The Ravens have looked into having their team meetings as well as strength and conditioning sessions handled virtually because NFL facilities are closed indefinitely. This is usually the time of year when teams begin their offseason conditioning program.

"They know if they don't train and they come back out of shape, it's not going to be much fun for them in training camp," Harbaugh said. "Nothing could be more miserable than a Raven not being in shape in training camp. That's pretty much well-documented."

Ume0Qd9xLIu4auv4bdmBDKNuG71bHeL2zwMWVB46