Michael Pittman JR is legit

34 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I really hope the Jets can trade down out of 11 and pick up the Vikings 22nd and 25th picks in the draft. If there was EVER a draft that we could trade down in and get solid day 1 starters it's this one. I'd take Josh Jones over Becton. Id' take Cleveland over Becton. I'd also like to have a couple high picks in the top 50 to spend on WR as well. This draft is going to be exciting. 

That's an interesting trade scenario I haven't seen mentioned much.  Not sure who the Vikes would want badly enough to trade up for but maybe replacing Diggs with Jeudy or Lamb is an interesting option for them.

Oddly, almost all the mocks on nfl.com have Austin Jackson as the 5th OT and Josh Jones in the 2nd round.  22-25 could turn out to be an interesting no-man's-land for the OTs if Jackson is gone.  Everyone else seems to all be 2nd rounders, not late-1st.  Still, maybe you can trade down again if need be.  On the WR front, you should have some very nice choices there.  Higgins, Jefferson and Mims all should be there at 22 (or at least two of them).

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That's an interesting trade scenario I haven't seen mentioned much.  Not sure who the Vikes would want badly enough to trade up for but maybe replacing Diggs with Jeudy or Lamb is an interesting option for them.

Oddly, almost all the mocks on nfl.com have Austin Jackson as the 5th OT and Josh Jones in the 2nd round.  22-25 could turn out to be an interesting no-man's-land for the OTs if Jackson is gone.  Everyone else seems to all be 2nd rounders, not late-1st.  Still, maybe you can trade down again if need be.  On the WR front, you should have some very nice choices there.  Higgins, Jefferson and Mims all should be there at 22 (or at least two of them).

I think they're the perfect trade partner. The Vikings have 12 picks in the draft! They can't use all those draft picks. Just look at the amount of talent on their team. Here are all their picks. 

Round 1, No. 22, 

Round 1: No. 25, 

Round 2: No. 58, 

Round 3: No. 89, 

Round 3: No. 105,

Round 4: No. 132,

Round 5: No. 155, 

Round 6: No. 201, 

Round 6: No. 205, 

Round 7: No. 219, 

Round 7: No. 249,

Round 7: No. 253

As stated, the problem is that they cant use all of those picks. Sure, the Vikings lost some talent, but overall it's still a pretty solid team. The Vikings have needs at CB, WR, OT, DE, and Safety. 

Imagine if they were able to get a crack at getting the best WR, the 2nd best CB, 2nd or 3rd best OT  in the draft depending on how the first 10 picks fall? 

The vikings dont need 12 draft picks, they need players who can perform immediately because they're still in their SB window, and trading up to pick 11 helps with that goal. 

The Jets could offer their 11th, 68th and 79th picks in the draft for the Vikes 22nd and 25th and 105th picks. 

The Vikings can pick the cream of the crop to add to their already talented team while the Jets now have 3 picks within the top 50 including two 1st round picks sitting in the high 20's with guys like, Josh Jones, Denzel Mims, Ezra Cleveland, just to name a few, sitting there for the taking. 

We'd be able to get our starting OT and WR before we're out of the 1st round. 

The great part about it, because we traded them  high picks, the Vikes can trade up some more and really get some quality in the draft. 

It's a win/win. The Jets need to be talking to the Vikings. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

The more I watch him, the more impressed I come away with him. 

Pittman is a physical high pointer and as i’m watching him, I’m seeing a ton of impressive adjustments to passes, his body control is A1 and he tracks the ball super well. Also looks like he could be a tough intermediate route runner. That’s something Sam needs. a solid #2 (hell, he looks like a #1 to me) who can go over the middle for tough grabs and make something happen. Pittman has football player written all over him man! He’s got great hands and I really like these concentrated grabs in traffic. He’s someone Sam could trust to put up the 50/50 ball on 1-on-1 coverage. He’s not a twitchy athlete but he’s got a little get up to him. This is definitely a guy I would love to see in Green/White. I’m watching him now since I have the day off and, again, I’m really impressed. He can develop into a guy who does it all dangerously. I can’t believe how much I like his film after just sinking my teeth in.

let me know what you guys think.

I would love to nab Pittman in the 2nd round with our 1st rounder being either 1 of the top 4 OTs or a trade down and OT Jones. If that that happens with or without the trade down I would be ecstatic before the rest of rounds 3-6 for us takes place.

• Upvote 3

SEA has two picks in the bottom of round 2.  If he gets that far (59 or 64) we could certainly dangle moving up from 68 to grab him (or another guy we really want there).  68 + 120 (our 4th round pick) might get us to 59. A 5th or maybe even 6th rounder might get us to 64.

Not sure I want to burn a pick to do it, but it could make sense if there's one guy you really want there.

On 4/6/2020 at 3:18 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Pittman is a physical high pointer and as i’m watching him, I’m seeing a ton of impressive adjustments to passes, his body control is A1 and he tracks the ball super well. Also looks like he could be a tough intermediate route runner. That’s something Sam needs. a solid #2 (hell, he looks like a #1 to me) who can go over the middle for tough grabs and make something happen. Pittman has football player written all over him man! He’s got great hands and I really like these concentrated grabs in traffic. He’s someone Sam could trust to put up the 50/50 ball on 1-on-1 coverage. He’s not a twitchy athlete but he’s got a little get up to him. This is definitely a guy I would love to see in Green/White. I’m watching him now since I have the day off and, again, I’m really impressed. He can develop into a guy who does it all dangerously. I can’t believe how much I like his film after just sinking my teeth in.

Amazing isn't he?  he was one of the WR's I dug into earliest.  I'm. not sure if you saw my first Jets mock vid, but he Was the first of two 3rd rd WR's I chose.( he makes it into my second mock as well shhhh) 

6' 4" 232 lbs!!  He's a monster of a WR and uses all of his size to his advantage! I Love him and would be absolutely thrilled if we took him.  The only problem I see now is if we try and wait until the 3rd we may miss out. He has been climbing a bit in many mocks and I believe rightfully so. 

if there is a run on WR's in the late first and second I can see him going mid to late second rd. He's probably the 6-8th WR off of the board.  The only way I see the Jets coming away with him in that scenario is if we bite the bullet and take him at 48 which would largely be considered a reach. 

If he makes it to 68 I would love for the Jets to pounce on him. I think Sam would be very happy we did. 

On 4/6/2020 at 3:18 PM, Patriot Killa said:

He's my #2 behind Mims... Hopefully the Jets will be able to grab one of them.

On 4/6/2020 at 4:23 PM, Ohhthepain said:

Big fan of Pittman...He's exactly what we need, big possession reciever with great hands and can catch the 50/50 toss ups. I feel like I'm becoming too attached to him becoming a Jet and playing with his old college QB. Its almost too perfect. I really do hope we can scoop him in the 2nd or top of 3rd round.

I don't want my QB throwing toss ups. 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:26 PM, Dcat said:

I'm doing a mock on a friend's Ravens message board.  I am Jets GM.  I'll bet you like this, huh?  But there was no trade back.  Even better.

1 11 11 1250 NY Jets Jets Dcat Andrew Thomas Georgia OT  
2 16 48 420 NY Jets Jets Dcat Brandon Aiyuk Arizona St. WR  
3 4 68 250 NY Jets Jets Dcat Michael Pittman Jr. USC WR via NY Giants
3 15 79 195 NY Jets Jets Dcat Bradlee Anae Utah EDGE  
4 14 120 54 NY Jets Jets Dcat        
5 12 158 27.8 NY Jets Jets Dcat        
6 12 191 14.6 NY Jets Jets Dcat        

fireworks GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Meh, seems to lack separation even at college level and isn't physically impressive.

Can't see him being much more than a JAG at the next level. 

Isn't physically impressive?

He ran 4.52 at 6'4 223lbs - thats not impressive to you?

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Please do not compare Pittman and JAW.   Whiteside’s struggles are not a surprise.   I get the comparison from a strictly height weight speed thing, but Pittman has way more talent.   

Yep, that's not a good comparison at all. Pittman is the far superior prospect.

On 4/6/2020 at 4:15 PM, BigRy56 said:

He's gonna be a good one. I don't think he'll slide into round 3, but if he does we gotta take him.

Jeudy / Lamb at 11

Best available OT at 48

Pittman round 3 #1

Trade round 3 #2 for Trent Williams

I would sign for this right now!

• Upvote 1

I like Pittman as well. The question in this draft class is where do you take a guy like Pittman. There are a lot of big bodied, physical  WRs that can go up get it or go over the middle in traffic. They may not be the quickest or fastest or the best route runners but they use their bodies really well and can high point the ball. To me, Claypool has the most upside of the bunch and I would probably take him over Pittman.  Justin Jefferson is the best of the group and will most likely go in Rd. 1. Tee Higgins is kind of a hybrid of the group b/c he's big and long and can do some of the things but he's not quite as physical as you want or expect him to be. Brian Edwards and Collin Johnson come to mind in that next level later or in the draft, Rd. 3-4. 

So with Pittman, I like him a lot but I wonder where he fits as far as valuation. Like I said, if we are talking about taking a WR with our early Rd. 3 pick and most of the top WRs are gone, I'd probably take Claypool over him. 

• Upvote 1

https://247sports.com/Article/USC-Trojans-wide-receiver-Michael-Pittman-Jr-is-a-first-round-talent-2020-NFL-Draft-145952481/

Might be gone by the 48th pick.  

For teams that are looking to add a wide receiver in the NFL Draft, names like Oklahoma’s CeeDee Lamb, Alabama’s Jerry Jeudy and LSU’s Justin Jefferson come to mind before anyone else, all appearing in the first-round of NFL mock drafts. But maybe it’s time to start considering another name into the first-round chatter.

USC wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr. is picking up some steam ahead of the draft and his stock is starting to rise a little bit. He measured in at 6-foot-4 and 223 pounds at the NFL Combine, ran a 4.52-second 40-yard dash and was under seven seconds in the three-cone drill. With his recent emergence, some are saying Pittman should be picked in the first round.

Pro Football Focus analyst Michael Renner has Pittman going to the Indianapolis Colts at the No. 34 overall pick in the draft.

“You have USC wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr. going to the Indianapolis Colts at the top of the second round, pick number 34,” one PFF analyst discussed in a video posted to Twitter. “I really liked this fit. Indy covets those bigger receivers and I think Michael Pittman Jr. has a chance to be one of the better receivers in this class. Should be moving up the draft board on Monday when that gets finalized. I think the fit, the value, all makes sense for Indianapolis.”

This past season with the Trojans was by far Pittman’s best of his career. He caught 101 passes for 1,275 yards and 11 touchdowns. Pittman was named a Second Team All-American and a First Team All-Pac-12 selection. He was also a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award, which goes to the nation’s top receiver and a semifinalist for the Lombardi Award, given to the player that shows excellence in performance, leadership, character and resilience.

In his mock draft, Renner wrote, “Pittman is a far more sudden route-runner than the majority of receivers his size and dropped only five passes over his college career. He offers something the Colts don’t currently have and pairs well with Philip Rivers.”

While it might have been a second-round projection on Pittman from Renner recently, he’s now saying he has the talent to be picked earlier than that.

“People want to want to find this like, ‘next Michael Thomas,’ and there's not gonna be another Michael Thomas. But if you're gonna tell me to pick one guy in this draft class, it’s gonna be Michael Pittman, because he has the size, he has the movement skills,” Renner said. “He went sub-seven (seconds in the) three-cone and a 4.14 shuttle at 223 pounds. Great hands, only five drops, 176 catchable in his career. There's just so much to like about this guy and the more I watch his tape — like, this is a first-round talent and if he goes to Indy, paired with Philip Rivers, that fit is too much and it offers something that they really just don't have at the moment.”

I love Pittman but I’m been doing a lot of mock drafts simulation and it seems that Pittman is rising up the draft board. He definitely won’t be there in the3rd. He’s not even there 50% of the time at 48 when we pick. Even seen him in the first every once in awhile. We need to draft a wr in first that can start right away. If we draft a ot in first we will have to trade up in 2nd for a wr. They will go fast.

I love Pittman but I’m been doing a lot of mock drafts simulation and it seems that Pittman is rising up the draft board. He definitely won’t be there in the3rd. He’s not even there 50% of the time at 48 when we pick. Even seen him in the first every once in awhile. We need to draft a wr in first that can start right away. If we draft a ot in first we will have to trade up in 2nd for a wr. They will go fast.
Pittman jr is not the only talent outside of the first round.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Give me 7 WRs you'd consider in Round 2 (exclude Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson as I think they're all LOCKS for Round 1).  The first 3 or 4 names should be easy as they're borderline Round 1 guys.  It's really that 6 and 7 I'm most interested in.

Mims, Higgins, Aiyuk, Pittman, Reagor, Hamler, Shenault.

• Upvote 1