Michael Pittman JR is legit

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Higgins before Mims and maybe Pittman before Aiyuk for me.

With the latest rumors of Pittman and Higgins being pushed up, Mims being a possible 1st rounder, I'd expect Jefferson, Higgins, Pittman and Mims all being gone by the 48th.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

With the latest rumors of Pittman and Higgins being pushed up, Mims being a possible 1st rounder, I'd expect Jefferson, Higgins, Pittman and Mims all being gone by the 48th.

Trade back from 11 to get multiple picks including a LT that fits the Jets zone blocking scheme and a WR like Pittman.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Trade back from 11 to get multiple picks including a LT that fits the Jets zone blocking scheme and a WR like Pittman.

That's what I'd really like to see. Trade down and pick a guy like Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland, then use the extra ammo to trade up in the 2nd to get a WR you really like.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

Same here unfortunately.

The 4 guys you mentioned are precisely my next 4 after Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb.  I tack on Brandon Aiyuk as well very closely with Pittman.

Those 8 are likely long gone by #48 (maybe not Aiyuk but we'll see).  This is just another reason for my hope/plan that the Jets could pull off a trade that "squeezes their picks" into a tighter range between #11 and #48 without actually having picks 11, 48.  The 49ers at 13 and 31 are ideal, but I don't know if they would trade back 17 spots in Round 2 just to move up 2 spots in the 1st.  It probably depends on who is available at #11 when the Jets are on the clock.

But, if we want to get BOTH a solid OT and solid WR prospect then something like picks 13 and 31 are the way to do it.  I think the Jets might have a shot at a guy like Higgins or Mims at #31.  It would be close.  Pittman and Aiyuk will almost definitely be there.  The Jets could also go WR at #13 and then hopefully get a guy like Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland at 31.  But again, that's a gamble.

One thing seems for sure to me.  Two of the Jets absolute biggest needs are at WR and OT, and THIS is the Draft to solve both of them.  It really is fortuitous IMO that the talent in this Draft lines up well with what the Jets need.  OLine was kinda weak last year.  I think Jonah Williams was the first one taken at it was outside the Top 10.  Joe D. has an opportunity here and if he's savvy enough he can solve two major needs with two big-time talents.....and should probably double-dip with two players at each of the those positions during the Draft.

• Upvote 1