MLB could be back in May

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

All teams might start the season in Arizona. 

Right but eventually they're going to need to start playing games in other cities.  I doubt it would be financially viable to play a full season in Arizona. 

The limiting factor in all of that would be NYC, who would require the most amount of time to recover.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

All teams might start the season in Arizona. 

That’s the plan.  As crazy as it sounds the WWE showed this could work with wrestlemania

there’s too much money to lose with mlb and nfl tv contracts to not have a season

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Absolutely. If games can be played then let’s do it. 

Plus the ad billing will be off the charts since tv ratings will be through the roof with everyone forced to sit at home all day

NFL could also do a similar plan and also play games in those new stadiums in Vegas and LA

36 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Plus the ad billing will be off the charts since tv ratings will be through the roof with everyone forced to sit at home all day

NFL could also do a similar plan and also play games in those new stadiums in Vegas and LA

Maybe but companies also have less money to spend on things like ads right now. 

On 4/12/2020 at 11:34 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m all for playing with no fans in AZ but I despise the new divisions idea. Why mess with them?

I guess it makes it more expedient to get the season done

I’m getting so bored with no sports I could care less if the games were played in a parking lot in Phoenix with no fans and the Yankees had to play the diamondbacks and dodgers every day

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 5:20 PM, section314 said:

You wouldn't watch the first two or three weeks to see every Astro batter get drilled on a nightly basis? ?

I honestly believe they should be hung for treason. I'm not joking. I sincerely believe they should at the least be in jail.

• Thumb Down 1

On 5/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

If the players and the owners start fighting about money while thousands of people are dying and begging for food , baseball will suffer damages that they NEVER will recover from .

Wah Wah we’re only making $10 million each and have to be away from our families a couple months Wah 

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2020 at 11:15 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Maybe but companies also have less money to spend on things like ads right now. 

I’m hoping they do play just to impale the Wilpons financially and cause them to sell. 
No season means no player salaries. Season played players get paid but no box office ticket sales and Concession sales and parking revenue. Cohen comes in and buys $0.50 on the dollar. Hopefully they have to sell SNY as well. This family has held us back for too long. 

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’m hoping they do play just to impale the Wilpons financially and cause them to sell. 
No season means no player salaries. Season played players get paid but no box office ticket sales and Concession sales and parking revenue. Cohen comes in and buys $0.50 on the dollar. Hopefully they have to sell SNY as well. This family has held us back for too long. 

Well I’m a Yankees fan so it doesn’t make a difference to me but I’m sorry to say but Cohen is out. 

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Well I’m a Yankees fan so it doesn’t make a difference to me but I’m sorry to say but Cohen is out. 

We’ll see. He’s in the drivers seat. Only buyer who didn’t require SNL and top $. Wilpons will be begging him to do the deal that he offered before. It’s all a negotiating tool. He’s been wanting to be an owner and they don’t come available too often

On 5/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

If the players and the owners start fighting about money while thousands of people are dying and begging for food , baseball will suffer damages that they NEVER will recover from .

You’re absolutely right. If they don’t play it’s going to be a million times worse than the 94 strike. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

You’re absolutely right. If they don’t play it’s going to be a million times worse than the 94 strike. 

MLB skipping a season because overpaid divas like Blake Snel don’t want to play for slightly less money per capita meanwhile Korea and Taiwan pro leagues are playing?

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2020 at 8:22 AM, Philc1 said:

MLB skipping a season because overpaid divas like Blake Snel don’t want to play for slightly less money per capita meanwhile Korea and Taiwan pro leagues are playing?

I love baseball, but if they don't come back, I will not regain interest again.   I may throw it on in the back ground, but I'm kinda done.

Farmers can get you food.   People can work in grocery stores to sell it to you.   Garbage men can work to get rid of it for you.  Military can do all they do, but you can't show up and play baseball for slightly less money?   To all of MLB, GFY if that's the case.

• Upvote 2