JustEndTheSuffering

MLB could be back in May

16 hours ago, chirorob said:

I love baseball, but if they don't come back, I will not regain interest again.   I may throw it on in the back ground, but I'm kinda done.

Farmers can get you food.   People can work in grocery stores to sell it to you.   Garbage men can work to get rid of it for you.  Military can do all they do, but you can't show up and play baseball for slightly less money?   To all of MLB, GFY if that's the case.

I have zero sympathy for millionaire ballplayers who refuse to play because they might make 5% less

Oh and Bryce Harper is a spoiled douche

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I have zero sympathy for millionaire ballplayers who refuse to play because they might make 5% less

Oh and Bryce Harper is a spoiled douche

And the owners are just so huggable. 

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

so true, would love to see the Wilpons hugged

…. by boa constrictors

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

It’s the owners fault how?  The deal on the table is very reasonable 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

It’s the owners fault how?  The deal on the table is very reasonable 

The owners started by negotiating in the media. Obviously, this irks the players.

Each side of this does not have clean hands. The both have been despicable beyond preserving the national pastime at times. It is difficult to root for either.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

The owners started by negotiating in the media. Obviously, this irks the players.

Each side of this does not have clean hands. The both have been despicable beyond preserving the national pastime at times. It is difficult to root for either.

Spare me the “it’s both sides” happy talk nonsense.  The players are going to still get paid extremely well for half a season they are selfish douchebags and if they are being so mistreated or are at so much risk then don’t play 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Spare me the “it’s both sides” happy talk nonsense.  The players are going to still get paid extremely well for half a season they are selfish douchebags and if they are being so mistreated or are at so much risk then don’t play 

Of course it's both sides. Don't stick your head in the sand. Have you witnessed mlb contract negotiations in the past? The owners are equally douchey, if not more so.

19 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Like many have said, it would be a HORRIBLE look if baseball doesn’t play this year and it will have disastrous consequences. These players are getting played millions to play a game. Like Philc said I have no sympathy for them and I will forever resent the guys like Blake Snell who complain while there are people who are legitimately suffering. 

I dont think it's likely they play (they should already be playing). And the consequences probably wont be as drastic as you think. People are fickle. It is embarrassing though. The amount of professional athletes that leverage not playing nowadays is nuts.

18 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Any word from Rob Manfred? Nice job baseball.

Unfortunately MLBPA is by far the strongest union in all of sports and spoiled b-tches like Snell and Harper refuse to play a shortened season for millions of dollars meanwhile 30 million people just became unemployed 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Unfortunately MLBPA is by far the strongest union in all of sports and spoiled b-tches like Snell and Harper refuse to play a shortened season for millions of dollars meanwhile 30 million people just became unemployed 

The athletes look ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2

Really starting to doubt that we’re going to get an MLB season. Owners and players both entrenched in their positions and not moving. What a disaster. 

Thanks a lot baseball, in a time where people need the national pastime now more than ever, you **** it up. You had a chance to capture much needed new fans and missed it. No wonder this sport is dying and more and more kids turn to basketball, hockey and football. Only the MLB could screw this up. I should’ve seen this coming. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Like many have said, it would be a HORRIBLE look if baseball doesn’t play this year and it will have disastrous consequences. These players are getting played millions to play a game. Like Philc said I have no sympathy for them and I will forever resent the guys like Blake Snell who complain while there are people who are legitimately suffering. 

Farmers can work.  Garbage men can work.   Doctors and nurses can work.

30 million people want to work.   Baseball owners and players are acting horrible, they can all go F themselves.

• Like 1