Darrelle Revis Named to NFL’s 2010s All-Decade Team

Jets Great Darrelle Revis Named to NFL’s 2010s All-Decade Team

By John B  Apr 6, 2020, 5:02pm EDT

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/4/6/21210358/jets-great-darrelle-revis-named-to-nfls-2010s-all-decade-team

The NFL has announced its All-Decade Team for the 2010s. Darrelle Revis was the one member of the Jets to make the team.

Revis had two stints with the Jets from 2007 through 2012 and then again from 2015 through 2016. He also had brief tenures with the Buccaneers, Patriots, and Chiefs. Revis was named First Team All Pro three times in the decade. Two of those came with the Jets. Additionally three of his five Pro Bowl spots came during his stints with the Jets.

Three cornerbacks made the All-Decade team. Joining Revis are Richard Sherman (Seahawks, 49ers) and Patrick Peterson (Cardinals).

Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Marshal Yanda, Von Miller, Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, and Justin Tucker were unanimous selections to the club.

Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick were named the two coaches to the All-Decade Team.

For a full list of honorees, you can click through here LINK

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Revis is a no brainer for that team. In regards strictly to his play on the field, he's the best corner to have ever player the game. Better than Sherman and better than Deion.

He’s not even better than Ronde Barber

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Revis is a no brainer for that team. In regards strictly to his play on the field, he's the best corner to have ever player the game. Better than Sherman and better than Deion.

Actually the number one CB from 2007-2010 was Nnamdi Asomhuga, when he still played with the Raiders.  After he went to the Eagles instead of coming to the Jets, his play dropped off significantly.  From 2011-2015 I would agree that DR was the best overall.  But Nnamdi was a beast!

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Lil O said:

Actually the number one CB from 2007-2010 was Nnamdi Asomhuga, when he still played with the Raiders.  After he went to the Eagles instead of coming to the Jets, his play dropped off significantly.  From 2011-2015 I would agree that DR was the best overall.  But Nnamdi was a beast!

Asomhuga wasn't Revis.

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Lil O said:

nope

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Asomhuga wasn't Revis.

Bleacher report ranked the top 15 cornerbacks from 2000 to 2009 and Darrell Rivas isn’t even on the list. Nnamdi is number five. Again I think Darrelle Revis is the best cornerback from 2011 to 2015, I’m not saying that Nandi was better overall I’m just saying that he was better between the years 2007 and 2010. And obviously I’m not the only one who thinks that according to BR

Just now, Lil O said:

Yep he was better between the years 2007-2010.  Bleacher report ranked in the top 15 cornerbacks from 2000 to 2009 and Darrell Revis didn’t even make the list.

I’m not saying that Nnamdi was a better overall cornerback then drove Rivas, I am saying that he was a better quarterback between the years of 2007 and 2010. He was four times all pro and four time pro bowler with the Raiders

8 minutes ago, Lil O said:

Bleacher report ranked the top 15 cornerbacks from 2000 to 2009 and Darrell Rivas isn’t even on the list. Nnamdi is number five. Again I think Darrelle Revis is the best cornerback from 2011 to 2015, I’m not saying that Nandi was better overall I’m just saying that he was better between the years 2007 and 2010. And obviously I’m not the only one who thinks that according to BR

Revis was a rookie in 07.

Selected to the pro in 08 and 09

First team all pro in 09

Hes not on their list because he didn't play until 2007

And Nandi wasn't better than Revis

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

What other considerations are there? He loses points because he demanded top dollar for performing elite services?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Lil O said:

Yep he was better between the years 2007-2010.  Bleacher report ranked in the top 15 cornerbacks from 2000 to 2009 and Darrell Revis didn’t even make the list.

Nope that was a false narrative driven by people who hasn’t seen revis play yet 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

survivor series wwe GIF

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

survivor series wwe GIF

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Revis was a rookie in 07.

Selected to the pro in 08 and 09

First team all pro in 09

Hes not on their list because he didn't play until 2007

And Nandi wasn't better than Revis

Nnamdi was all pro 2008,2009,2010

pro bowl 2008,2009,2010

uhhhhh looks like one more than Revis.  I think Revis is the better overall cornerback I again I’m just saying that between the years of 2007 and 2010 Nonwe was better as proven by more pro bowl’s and all pro teams..

3 minutes ago, Lil O said:

pro bowl 2008,2009,2010

uhhhhh looks like one more than Revis.  I think Revis is the better overall cornerback I again I’m just saying that between the years of 2007 and 2010 Nonwe was better as proven by more pro bowl’s and all pro teams..

When # of pro bowls supports your position: "The experts have spoken."

When # of pro bowls doesn't support your position "Just a popularity contest!"

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

When # of pro bowls supports your position: "The experts have spoken."

When # of pro bowls doesn't support your position "Just a popularity contest!"

Actually they have the same number of pro bowl’s during that time. So I wasn’t referring to the pro bowl’s. I was referring to the all pro team, which is decided by about 50 professional sports writers and broadcasters.  Between 2007 2010 Revis has two and Nnamdi has three.  That is all I am saying...And again I will say for the third time that I think Revis was the better overall player.

14 minutes ago, Lil O said:

pro bowl 2008,2009,2010

No one who watched them play thinks that Nandi was better than Revis playing man, playing both sides of the field shutting down who ever was in front of him those years.  

Nandi was largely a product of the system he played in, fell on his face as soon as he left Oakland

2 minutes ago, Lil O said:

Actually they have the same number of pro bowl’s during that time. So I wasn’t referring to the pro bowl’s. I was referring to the all pro team, which is decided by about 50 professional sports writers and broadcasters.  Between 2007 2010 Revis has two and Nnamdi has three.  That is all I am saying...And again I will say for the third time that I think Revis was the better overall player.

HE WAS A ROOKIE IN 2007.

Just now, Kleckineau said:

Revis, Sherman, Petersen all top guys but do not belong in the same conversation with Deion. 

pettisninjaaa2.gif

Funny part is Jets fans ridiculed and killed Revis for not tackling in his last season here.

Deion did that his entire career.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

HE WAS A ROOKIE IN 2007.

So what what does that have to do with anything. I didn’t say who the best cornerback is taking only their prime years. And Revis wasn’t a rookie in 2008.  One more time… And this time I’ll use different words… Between the years 2007 and 2010 Nnamdi received more honors than Revis, Regardless of playing experience.  And again Revis>Nnamdi

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets Great Darrelle Revis Named to NFL’s 2010s All-Decade Team

By John B  Apr 6, 2020, 5:02pm EDT

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/4/6/21210358/jets-great-darrelle-revis-named-to-nfls-2010s-all-decade-team

The NFL has announced its All-Decade Team for the 2010s. Darrelle Revis was the one member of the Jets to make the team.

Revis had two stints with the Jets from 2007 through 2012 and then again from 2015 through 2016. He also had brief tenures with the Buccaneers, Patriots, and Chiefs. Revis was named First Team All Pro three times in the decade. Two of those came with the Jets. Additionally three of his five Pro Bowl spots came during his stints with the Jets.

Three cornerbacks made the All-Decade team. Joining Revis are Richard Sherman (Seahawks, 49ers) and Patrick Peterson (Cardinals).

Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Marshal Yanda, Von Miller, Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, and Justin Tucker were unanimous selections to the club.

Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick were named the two coaches to the All-Decade Team.

For a full list of honorees, you can click through here LINK

I heard he's holding out....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lil O said:

So what what does that have to do with anything. I didn’t say who the best cornerback is taking only their prime years. And Revis wasn’t a rookie in 2008.  One more time… And this time I’ll use different words… Between the years 2007 and 2010 Nnamdi received more honors than Revis, Regardless of playing experience.  And again Revis>Nnamdi

Are you really asking why Revis as a rookie wasn't all pro?  

One more time, when they were both in the NFL, Revis was the better player to anyone watching.  Why are you arguing

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

lmao hes the best cover corner in the history of the league. 

Not a Revis fan for his holdoutsbut he is NO cover corner. He was the real deal.  He could tackle, fight, hit the hole and cover anyone. In his 3 years at his prime, he was as good as anyone. 

Cover corner, in the words of Herm Edwards is a CB who can't tackle.  I heard Herm speak and say that...  made us all laugh.