Darrelle Revis Named to NFL’s 2010s All-Decade Team

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Not a Revis fan for his holdoutsbut he is NO cover corner. He was the real deal.  He could tackle, fight, hit the hole and cover anyone. In his 3 years at his prime, he was as good as anyone. 

Cover corner, in the words of Herm Edwards is a CB who can't tackle.  I heard Herm speak and say that...  made us all laugh.

His 09 was awesome- was elite at everything. A shame that competitiveness didnt carry over once he got paid again. He stopped tackling entirely.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Are you really asking why Revis as a rookie wasn't all pro?  

No...I AM SIMPLY SAYING, THAT ACCORDING TO 50 PRO SPORTS PEOPLE THAT BETWEEN THE YEARS 2007-2010 NNAMDI RECEIVED MORE HONORS.  If it makes you feel better I’ll change my statement… From the year 2008 to 2010 Nnamdi has more awards than Revis who was NOT A ROOKIE...

56 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Wow.  Upsetting the Mevis fanbois is even more problematic than upsetting the Jamal Adams fanbois today or the Curtis Martin fanbois in past years.

It is a fanboy thing to do. While Dbrickashaw had a consistent, awesome career at LT for the Jets, he played offensive line so it's hard to have fans like that. I'd argue his career in its totality, specifically as a Jet was better all-around than Revis' was. He literally never missed a game.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny part is Jets fans ridiculed and killed Revis for not tackling in his last season here.

Deion did that his entire career.

Not true.

Had nothing to do with tackles. Jets fans ridiculed Revis for showing up fat and out of shape and not giving a sh!t about letting his fans down and they were right for feeling that way.

You mention tackles but not interceptions rightdeion.gif.05dda1c6b07ced0c94ddb997e2e493ae.gif

Deion?  A whole different beast. One of the most exciting talents to ever step on the field.

That guy sold tickets. People paid to come see him play. Best corner talent ever and never showed up out of shape. Nobody is saying Revis wasnt a bad azz corner in  his prime years but after getting paid?? pffffft

Deion was a two way player.

40 yard dash time: 4.27 seconds
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you really asking why Revis as a rookie wasn't all pro?  

One more time, when they were both in the NFL, Revis was the better player to anyone watching.  Why are you arguing

Not arguing because I am right.  I have Math on my side.  Math is that thing that has to do with numbers.  I always excelled in math, however in this case I only need to count to three. That’s one, two, three All pro teams for Nnamdi, AND, one, two for Revis.  3>2...

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Wow.  Upsetting the Mevis fanbois is even more problematic than upsetting the Jamal Adams fanbois today or the Curtis Martin fanbois in past years.

Thinking that to appreciate Revis takes someone being a "fanbois" is beyond wow.

Thats a wow moment

4 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Not true.

Had nothing to do with tackles. Jets fans ridiculed Revis for showing up fat and out of shape and not giving a sh!t about letting his fans down and they were right for feeling that way.

You mention tackles but not interceptions rightdeion.gif.05dda1c6b07ced0c94ddb997e2e493ae.gif

Deion?  A whole different beast. One of the most exciting talents to ever step on the field.

That guy sold tickets. People paid to come see him play. Best corner talent ever and never showed up out of shape. Nobody is saying Revis wasnt a bad azz corner in  his prime years but after getting paid?? pffffft

As a fan of the game and someone who's watched a lot of football, Revis second stint with the team just should rub any fan the wrong way, especially compared to the other great DB's who still managed to compete at a high level, while their physical skills were in decline. Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Aeneas Williams, Eric Allen,Ronde Barber...hell even Talib right now. Sherman too. Revis suckered the Johnson's and dogged it basically at age 30 and beyond. Why do we have to kiss his butt?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Not true.

True, plenty of fans did.  

I wasn't comparing Revis to Deion, just Deion never got his uniform dirty, never was a tackler.

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

As a fan of the game and someone who's watched a lot of football, Revis second stint with the team just should rub any fan the wrong way, especially compared to the other great DB's who still managed to compete at a high level, while their physical skills were in decline. Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Aeneas Williams, Eric Allen,Ronde Barber...hell even Talib right now. Sherman too. Revis suckered the Johnson's and dogged it basically at age 30 and beyond. Why do we have to kiss his butt?

whcih ius why he shouldnt even be discussed with those players.

Revis had a high, short apex...

NOT HOF

nowhere near the # INT needed

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just asking a question . No disrespect. 

For the younger guys who aren't familiar....

http://www.watershedpost.com/2010/roscoe-diner-figures-prominently-football-negotiations

unnamed.jpg.ac6663e2f2d540f2d73a311893dacf5b.jpg

And if you really want to enjoy a trip on the WayBack Machine....check out HardKnocks Episode 5 from 2010...the return of Revis.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

whcih ius why he shouldnt even be discussed with those players.

Revis had a high, short apex...

NOT HOF

nowhere near the # INT needed

Make sure to take the day off when he’s inducted first ballot, wouldn’t want you to get too upset.

• Thumb Down 1

54 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Not true.

Deion played in an era where it was easier for CBs and he didn't follow #1 WRs around.  Deion was the better playmaker, revis the better cover corner.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Revis was still really good his first season back with us, he just wasn't peak revis good which was the best of all time.  Revis has physical problems which the others didn't have and despite. He was better than every single cb you listed.  Despite not having a career as long he had as many official 1st team all pros at CB(4) as rod Woodson and MORE than the following:

Charles Woodson (who stole his DPOY award in 09 because nitwits just looked at INTs and TDs)

Darrell Green

Champ Bailey

Ty Law 

Aeneas Williams

Eric Allen

Ronde Barber

Aqib Talib

Richard Sherman

So basically your entire list and he's only 1 behind Deion.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

If people are still kissing Deion Sanders self=promoting carpet bagger butt, why shouldn't they kiss Revis'?

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If people are still kissing Deion Sanders self=promoting carpet bagger butt, why shouldn't they kiss Revis'?

Because Revis used Deion's carpetbagger business model but didnt stay in shape and produce after getting paid to come home to the NYJ?

9 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Because Revis used Deion's carpetbagger business model but didnt stay in shape and produce after getting paid to come home to the NYJ?

Dont know what or why Revis went to shlt in his second stint, but to say he didnt stay in shape his real playing years is not true.  They did shows on his "legendary" workouts.  The guy trained before 2016

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

hell even Talib right now. Sherman too.

Revis in his 8th season was an All Pro SB winning CB

Richard Sherman in his 8th season was getting his ass beat on the field in the SB

Funny what we remember and reference 

Really liked Revis in his prime with the Jets.... Was disappointed in the holdout, the trip to Tampa, the SB with NE, and the less than half hearted return to the Jets which ended in disaster through sub par play. One of the few Jerseys I have is a Revis jersey from his prime here. I have definitely contemplated turning the R into an M and the S into a $.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lil O said:

Bleacher report ranked the top 15 cornerbacks from 2000 to 2009 and Darrell Rivas isn’t even on the list. Nnamdi is number five. Again I think Darrelle Revis is the best cornerback from 2011 to 2015, I’m not saying that Nandi was better overall I’m just saying that he was better between the years 2007 and 2010. And obviously I’m not the only one who thinks that according to BR

Forgetting all the general arguments that I could and would make to counteract this, why is this relevant?  At most there is only 1 season that relates to this thread.  Asomugha was very bad with the Eagles and out of the league by 2013.  They look at him the way Jets fans look at Revis' 2nd stint here.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

lmao hes the best cover corner in the history of the league. 

I can get on board with this possibly, but his best years were 08-2011, and then one more decent year with the Pats, and one more decent year with the Jets so it’s basically split between 2 decades, and his best year being 2009 not in this past decade.  Just not enough good years in the 2010’s to be on the list.

47 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

????

Ronde had like a 15 year career, 47 picks, a bazillion forced fumbles, most sacks ever for a DB, a boatload of TD's for a DB and never missed a game. His career in its totality is beyond impressive and was still competing at a high level at 38. It's not all that close to me.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Forgetting all the general arguments that I could and would make to counteract this, why is this relevant?  At most there is only 1 season that relates to this thread.  Asomugha was very bad with the Eagles and out of the league by 2013.  They look at him the way Jets fans look at Revis' 2nd stint here.  

Yeah and the forgotten one that year who was a FA with Namdi still playing over in Houston.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thinking that to appreciate Revis takes someone being a "fanbois" is beyond wow.

Thats a wow moment

Appreciating him and canonizing him are two very different things.  It was not all sunshine with him.  Even his on field performances when considered over the life of his career were not all sunshine. Far from it.  Very far from it and that is the point that seems to escape you.

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

50 professional sports writers and broadcasters decided Nnamdi was All Pro 3 times between 2008-2010...Revis 2 times.  I will leave it to the pros and we can agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

If I had one wish it would be for the Jets to find their Revis 1.0 equivalent on Offense for this coming decade.  Whether that's a WR, RB, TE, etc. doesn't matter.  Just get us an uber talented offensive weapon.  (QB is too much to ask!)

fixed