PCP63

PSA: Let's let Darnold become a top 25 QB before we go calling him our franchise QB

Hopefully he becomes not only top 25, but top 5. Until then, he's still not even top 25, and we all need to calm down. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thumb Down 18
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Who needs to calm down and why?

Oh yeah, they shouldn't act like fans.

Thanks

Certain posters *cough* DWC *cough* seem to think he's the next all-time great QB. I hope he will be, and I still think he can be good, but let him have one decent season before we crown him the next great thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Certain posters *cough* DWC *cough* seem to think he's the next all-time great QB. I hope he will be, and I still think he can be good, but let him have one decent season before we crown him the next great thing.

That would he one poster.

He pissed you off enough, over being a homer so we needed a thread warning fans that  "we all need to calm down."?

We all know hes over the top. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Also, just my opinion, Sam Darnold is the Jets franchise QB for at least the next year, likely next 2, whether Jets fans like it or not.

Whether or not he's a good one (or can become good one)is debatable, but he is OUR franchise QB for a bit yet regardless.

• Upvote 1

Yes Darnold is our Franchise QB. We are not making this up. Will he be a great one - hopefully - but he is our FQB!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

This is absolutely true, but rings hollow from the author of this:

Ehh. I can admit when I'm wrong. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Hopefully he becomes not only top 25, but top 5. Until then, he's still not even top 25, and we all need to calm down. 

I mean nobody had said he is gonna be an all time great.  Yes most of us think he is gonna be a res ally good QB but we have no problem pointing out his mistakes that he needs to fix.  However can we also wait until he plays behind an even average oline and more weapons?  I would say the same thing for any QB not just Sam.  It doesn’t matter how talented you are as a QB if you don’t have a line AND doNt have weapons you are gonna have struggles.  What makes me excited about Sam is despite those obstacles he has still shown good flashes of what kind of QB he can be.  Once Again I’m not saying he doesn’t have flaws that he needs to fix not an I dating he is a great QB.  I simply like his potential and once JD continues to help fix the oline and WR positions I believe we are all gonna be pretty damn happy going forward.  Not sure why anyone needs to “calm down” by the way 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Hes 22 and he gets one more year?

LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes 22 and he gets one more year?

LOL

I didn't say that. Possibly referring to another post? I'm all for giving him a fair shot. Just saying that he's not as sure a thing as people are saying.

Under your standards can I at least call Jamal our franchise Safety?

• Haha 1

Ok. Anyone who already thinks Darnold is going to be a bust is a jackass. Don't know anything about QB play, and what goes into it, regarding the team around him.

• Upvote 3

Just now, IndianaJet said:

After he gets us 3 more draft picks you can.

Lmao he’s easily top 25. If you don’t think so, name 25 other QBs who on Sunday you think would give the Jets a better chance to win. Hell with a straight face I don’t even think you can name 15- do you really think that all else being equal guys like Dak, Cousins, and Jimmy G would elevate the team more???

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I have no doubt in my mind that Darnold will be the Jets QB for the next 10+ years

• Upvote 2

The goal for 2020 is the same as the failed purpose of 2019: Determine once and for all whether Sam is the guy to move forward with. It will not be acceptable to anyone--Sam optimists or pessimists alike--to be having the same debate for a third time next off season.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I didn't say that. Possibly referring to another post? I'm all for giving him a fair shot. Just saying that he's not as sure a thing as people are saying.

You didn’t really say that.  You said we need to “calm down” lol.  Like I said nobody has said he is great.  However the majority of us have faith in him because we have seen flashes despite all the obstacles and lack of talent around him in his first two years.  Could he ultimately not be a sure thing?  That’s always possible but I wouldn’t bet on it as long as we give him more protection/help so he isn’t running for his life 95 percent of the time lol

40 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Lmao he’s easily top 25. If you don’t think so, name 25 other QBs who on Sunday you think would give the Jets a better chance to win. Hell with a straight face I don’t even think you can name 15- do you really think that all else being equal guys like Dak, Cousins, and Jimmy G would elevate the team more???

Cousins and Jimmy G would most likely have been injured for almost all of Darnold’s first 2 years playing with the exact same garbage surrounding Darnold.  Dak would be HOPING to to get a 2nd contract, forget about debating whether he gets 30 or 40 mill a year.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Ok. Anyone who already thinks Darnold is going to be a bust is a jackass. Don't know anything about QB play, and what goes into it, regarding the team around him.

Did I say that? 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

How about one season that he isn't a rookie and another where he doesn't  contract Mono and miss nearly  half the season recovering. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I didnt tag it to anyone.

Someone else did though.  It was clearly said, I thought it was funny that he was getting one whole year and then who knows

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

PSA:. This has been discussed a million times.

I'll save you the reading.  Some people are going to be optimistic on Darnold.  Some are going to be pessimistic.  Both will say they are the ones being objective.

Some will point to Darnolds weapons.  Some will say it doesn't matter.  

Patrick Mahomes and Watson will get into the discussion, as will Jamal Adams somehow.

You are now up to speed :)

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

DING, DING, DING.

gotta wonder if the darnold doubters have been paying attention to the qb's the jets have put out there since chaddy in 2002.  as a matter of fact got all the way back to the obrien days.  imo right now darnold is better than all but chaddy in 2002, vinny in 1998, and maybe sanchez in 2011.  and none of those guys except for chaddy really had a good grasp of how to run an offense. and i don't want to hear about fitzy in 2015.  that was just as much of a tease as favre in 2008.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

This is absolutely true, but rings hollow from the author of this:

ko GIF

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rangerous said:

gotta wonder if the darnold doubters have been paying attention to the qb's the jets have put out there since chaddy in 2002.  as a matter of fact got all the way back to the obrien days.  imo right now darnold is better than all but chaddy in 2002, vinny in 1998, and maybe sanchez in 2011.  and none of those guys except for chaddy really had a good grasp of how to run an offense. and i don't want to hear about fitzy in 2015.  that was just as much of a tease as favre in 2008.

True.  Plus the 2002 1998 and especially the 2011 all were much better teams obviously 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Also, just my opinion, Sam Darnold is the Jets franchise QB for at least the next year, likely next 2, whether Jets fans like it or not.

Whether or not he's a good one (or can become good one)is debatable, but he is OUR franchise QB for a bit yet regardless.

I don't think you can be a franchise QB "for a bit", lol.

To me he becomes a franchise QB if he justifies a 2nd contract here.  Until then he's a work in progress and a question mark, even if he's guaranteed to be the starter in both 2020 and 2021.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I don't think you can be a franchise QB "for a bit", lol. To me he becomes a franchise QB if he justifies a 2nd contract here.  Until then he's a work in progress and a question mark, even if he's guaranteed to be the starter in both 2020 and 2021.  

We should be seriously scouting QBs until Sam proves he is The Man. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Sounds like a reasonable request. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't think you can be a franchise QB "for a bit", lol.

To me he becomes a franchise QB if he justifies a 2nd contract here.  Until then he's a work in progress and a question mark, even if he's guaranteed to be the starter in both 2020 and 2021.  

I think that's all he means -- that for the next two years he's penciled in as the starter and the goal is to build around him and give him every chance to succeed. After year four JD has a decision to make.

• Upvote 3