The NY Post Actually Had an Interesting Piece Today...Okudah Dropping?

Okudah Drops?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. If Okudah drops and it comes down to him, my 4th OT and my 1st WR, I would draft......

• Okudah
    • My 4th Offensive Tackle
    • My #1 Wide Receiver
  2. 2. Who is your 4th offensive tackle?

• Mekhi Becton
    • Andrew Thomas
    • Jedrick Wills
    • Tristan Wirfs
    • Someone Else
  3. 3. Who is your #1 WR?

• Jerry Jeudy
    • CeeDee Lamb
    • Henry Ruggs
    • Someone Else
  4. 4. How difficult a decision would it be for you if it came down to Okudah, the #4 OT, or the #1 WR?

• Extremely Easy Decision
    • Easy Decision
    • Neither particularly Easy nor particularly Difficult
    • Difficult Decision
    • Extremely Difficult Decision

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You guys underrate Austin, Desir and Roberts

I was going to upvote this but Roberts isn’t on the team anymore (Detroit). I do think Hairston is better than he gets credit for, and that his benching was partially due to the trade comp tied to his playing time. 

fun fact: Desir and Hairston took turns backing each other up in Indy (2017 and 2018), so they should be pretty close. 

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

If Okudah falls it is because 3-4 QBs went before him. If Okudah is there that means likely all 4 OTs are gone, and Jeudy or Lamb, If Okudah falls it is possible that both Simmons and Okudah are there.  We could trade down at higher than draft chart value,

It would be a Mac pick all over again

The 3-4 qb's are not rated higher than Okudah.  Only Burrows is a lock right now and I dont even rate him higher. Only Chase Young IMO rates higher..  But QB needy teams will reach for a QB. That's scripture on draft day.  To say taking Okudah would be a Macc pic is downright silly. I dont think JD would take him if one of the 4 OL are there. For JD to pll that trigger on Okudah would be determined by the rug being pulled out underneath him.  I would take him over a WR since he fulfills a huge need and fortifies the secondary and would be an absolute steal.  He was projected to go at 4.  And you wont find a CB like him in round 2 or 3.  We could still get a valuable OL in round 2 and a very good WR in round 3.  For instance: Okudah, Cushenberry, Pittman/Claypool.  Thats a nice haul.  Could it be better. Sure. But you have to deal with the hand you're dealt. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

The 3-4 qb's are not rated higher than Okudah.  Only Burrows is a lock right now and I dont even rate him higher. Only Chase Young IMO rates higher..  But QB needy teams will reach for a QB. That's scripture on draft day.  To say taking Okudah would be a Macc pic is downright silly. I dont think JD would take him if one of the 4 OL are there. For JD to pll that trigger on Okudah would be determined by the rug being pulled out underneath him.  I would take him over a WR since he fulfills a huge need and fortifies the secondary and would be an absolute steal.  He was projected to go at 4.  And you wont find a CB like him in round 2 or 3.  We could still get a valuable OL in round 2 and a very good WR in round 3.  For instance: Okudah, Cushenberry, Pittman/Claypool.  Thats a nice haul.  Could it be better. Sure. But you have to deal with the hand you're dealt. 

I still take #1 receiver over #1 CB for this Jets team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Becton, who is the 4th rated OT on most boards, would be anything but a "reliable LT".  He's a project with great upside.  He also has a massive chance of getting Sam absolutely killed in his first year.

As long as it's two premium positions, you take the best available prospect.  If JD takes Becton over Okudah, he's getting the clown paint back.  He would have to be f'ng high to do that.

Drafting BPA was Maccagnans technique as well. How'd his drafts workout? Q was BPA at 3 last season....would Josh Allen been the best pick after all? Yes. Screw bpa, it's time we start targeting our weaknesses. We've ignored the oline about a decade in the draft and I'm sick of it. Fant will get Sam killed at LT, and so will Edoga.

• Post of the Week 1

I mean there's a chance the olinemen and receivers go before guys like Simmons and Okudah. Just doing some homework now on the draft and I wouldnt be shocked if even Chase Young fell. More flags on the defensive guys than the offense. Simmons from Clemson plays soft. Chase Young reminds me of a less athletic Clowney. Not reliable. Lamb and Jeudy are pretty rock solid and safe imo. Okudah seems like a good player but he didnt test as well as Lattimore and the guy Cleveland took last season.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TNJet said:

Drafting BPA was Maccagnans technique as well. How'd his drafts workout? Q was BPA at 3 last season....would Josh Allen been the best pick after all? Yes. Screw bpa, it's time we start targeting our weaknesses. We've ignored the oline about a decade in the draft and I'm sick of it. Fant will get Sam killed at LT, and so will Edoga.

Its not the BPA as a technique that Macc screwed up, it was the execusion.

No matter the technique you have to pick the right player.  If Macc had tried to draft with the idea of filingl positions of need and took crappy players it wouldnt have worked out better for the Jets.  You still have to recognize talent and evaluate that talent properly

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Premium position guy who is an immense talent. Take him. The gap between him and a CB you get in round 2 is bigger than the gap any other position except maybe EDGE.

And given all of the WR talent in this draft, someone has to cover them!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TNJet said:

It's almost like I said "as long as it's two premium positions".