Daniel Jeremiah 1st rd 3.0

Dcat

And that's another TD for CeeDee!

With the 2020 NFL Draft a little more than two weeks away, here's my third look at how teams will draft when Round 1 begins on April 23.

PICK

CIN.png

Joe Burrow - QB

School: LSU | Year: Senior (RS)

I'm sure there will be several teams interested in trading up for Burrow, but I can't see the Bengals passing up the opportunity to land their top QB.

PICK

WAS.png

Chase Young - Edge

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior

I understand the Redskins already have depth on the defensive line, but Young is too good to pass up.

PICK

DET.png

Jeff Okudah - CB

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior

Okudah is the premier player at his position in this draft and fills a massive need on the Lions' defense.

PICK

NYG.png

Tristan Wirfs - OT

School: Iowa | Year: Junior

The Giants have needs all over their defense, but I still believe protecting Daniel Jones is the top priority.

PICK

MIA.png

Justin Herbert - QB

School: Oregon | Year: Senior

I have Tua Tagovailoa rated higher than Herbert, but I think there's a legitimate chance the Oregon QB goes ahead of Tua.

PICK

LAC.png

Tua Tagovailoa - QB

School: Alabama | Year: Junior

The Chargers have a talented roster and now they have a point guard to distribute the ball for the next decade-plus.

PICK

CAR.png

Derrick Brown - DT

School: Auburn | Year: Senior

The Panthers have a bunch of intriguing options with the seventh pick. I wouldn't rule out a trade down from this spot, either.

PICK

ARI.png

Jedrick Wills - OT

The Cardinals addressed the WR position with the acquisition of DeAndre Hopkins. Wills would slide right into the RT spot, opposite D.J. Humphries.

PICK

JAC.png

Mekhi Becton - OT

School: Louisville | Year: Junior

The Jaguars have a multitude of needs on defense, but this pick helps them upgrade two spots. Becton takes over at LT and Cam Robinson slides inside to guard.

PICK

CLE.png

Isaiah Simmons - LB/S

School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS)

The Browns need another offensive tackle, but Simmons might be too good to bypass. He is the perfect defender to match up with the division's most dangerous playmaker, Lamar Jackson.

PICK

NYJ.png

CeeDee Lamb - WR

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior

The Jets need to continue to upgrade the O-line, but they must weigh taking the fourth-best OT versus the top wideout. Sam Darnold needs some dynamic players around him.

PICK

OAK.png

Jerry Jeudy - WR

This decision would likely come down to Jeudy versus Javon Kinlaw. I would applaud either choice.

PICK

SF.png

Henry Ruggs III - WR

Let's take a minute and just imagine Ruggs in the hands of a creative play-caller like Kyle Shanahan.

PICK

TB.png

Andrew Thomas - OT

School: Georgia | Year: Junior

The Bucs are all in on Tom Brady. Adding some protection for him is a good idea.

PICK

DEN.png

Javon Kinlaw - DT

School: South Carolina | Year: Senior

The Broncos could go receiver here, but they also have a need on the D-line. Kinlaw has unlimited potential.

PICK

ATL.png

C.J. Henderson - CB

School: Florida | Year: Junior

The Falcons have plenty of firepower on offense, but the secondary needs help. Henderson has the greatest upside of any cornerback in the draft class.

PICK

DAL.png

K'Lavon Chaisson - Edge

School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS)

Chaisson would be an ideal fit on the opposite side of Demarcus Lawrence. He is still a little raw, but he's very explosive.

PICK

MIA.png

Yetur Gross-Matos - Edge

School: Penn State | Year: Junior

Gross-Matos would give the Dolphins some much-needed edge rush. The more I studied him, the more I liked him.

PICK

OAK.png

A.J. Terrell - CB

School: Clemson | Year: Junior

Terrell would reunite with his college teammate, Trayvon Mullen, to give the Raiders two tall, long and rangy CBs to build their secondary around.

PICK

JAC.png

Justin Jefferson - WR

School: LSU | Year: Junior

Jefferson has outstanding hands and route polish. He excels on third down and in the red zone.

PICK

PHI.png

Kenneth Murray - LB

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior

The Eagles need to add receivers, but they can afford to wait a round or two. Murray would give them a dynamic playmaker in the middle of their defense.

PICK

MIN.png

Jaylon Johnson - CB

School: Utah | Year: Junior

Johnson is rock solid on tape and he has the tools to fit perfectly in the Vikings' scheme.

PICK

NE.png

A.J. Epenesa - Edge

School: Iowa | Year: Junior

The Patriots love size and power on the edges. Epenesa isn't an elite tester, but he's a very productive football player.

PICK

NO.png

Patrick Queen - LB

School: LSU | Year: Junior

The Saints don't have many glaring needs. They can afford to simply take the best player available.

PICK

MIN.png

Tee Higgins - WR

School: Clemson | Year: Junior

Higgins would bring some size and red-zone ability to the Vikings' offense.

PICK

MIA.png

Joshua Jones - OT

School: Houston | Year: Senior (RS)

The Dolphins must address the offensive line in this draft. I could see them doubling up in the next round.

PICK

SEA.png

Austin Jackson - OT

School: USC | Year: Junior

Jackson was very up and down last season, but he's an outstanding athlete. He should continue to improve as a pro.

PICK

BAL.png

Zack Baun - LB

School: Wisconsin | Year: Senior (RS)

The Ravens need more edge rush. Baun has the athleticism to drop and cover, as well.

PICK

TEN.png

Brandon Aiyuk - WR

School: Arizona State | Year: Senior

I love Aiyuk's game and his toughness would fit the culture in Tennessee.

PICK

GB.png

Jordan Love - QB

School: Utah State | Year: Junior (RS)

It's tough to find the right spot for Love. He could go in the top 10 or fall to this neighborhood of the draft. The Packers would be a great fit for him to sit, learn and develop.

PICK

SF.png

Ross Blacklock - DT

School: TCU | Year: Junior (RS)

The 49ers will likely trade down to stockpile selections, as they currently don't hold a pick in Rounds 2-4.

PICK

KC.png

Cesar Ruiz - C

School: Michigan | Year: Junior

The Chiefs could have their choice of the top running backs, but they also need to get younger/better along the interior of their offensive line.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I have to push back even more for WR at 11.  Lamb and jeudy are both nice players, so is Ruggs but none of these guys to me are super stars.

Agreed   Id like to see how they grade out compared to other wide outs and compare that fall off to the o line grades

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I have to push back even more for WR at 11.  Lamb and jeudy are both nice players, so is Ruggs but none of these guys to me are super stars.

I love Jeudy but I think there’s more value in a trade back if all 3 receivers and Thomas are on the board. 

• Upvote 3

This seems like the type of year where there will be a ton of quality skill players in the second and third rounds. Would love to see them go OL in the first, then any three of WR/RB/CB/EDGE in the 2nd/3rd.

A trade down in the first would be nice as well, depending on the return of course.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

He likes Lamb more than Jeudy? I don't see it. 

And Justin Jefferson at 20 > Lamb at 11. 

I also like Lamb more than Jeudy. I'd also rather have Lamb over Jefferson and it's not close.....and I like Jefferson.

BTW Nice to see you posting again. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

I also like Lamb more than Jeudy. I'd also rather have Lamb over Jefferson and it's not close.....and I like Jefferson.

BTW Nice to see you posting again. 

Thanks Rob. I've  always valued your opinion... maybe I'm missing something with Lamb, well, as far as him being the top wideout in the draft. 

Why Lamb over Jeudy?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Thanks Rob. I've  always valued your opinion... maybe I'm missing something with Lamb, well, as far as him being the top wideout in the draft. 

Why Lamb over Jeudy?

They both have Great tape... but I see Lamb as the bigger/stronger player & more apt to fight for contested balls.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Why Lamb over Jeudy?

I've always thought Jeudy was overrated and have been saying it for a long time now. After seeing how he compares athletically to other receivers he scares the crap out of me. Too many of the people singing his praise right now seemingly leave out that he has a drops problem. 

I haven't watched much film of Lamb but I've watched him play. He always flashed when I watched him.....always a big play waiting to happen. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

This seems like the type of year where there will be a ton of quality skill players in the second and third rounds. Would love to see them go OL in the first, then any three of WR/RB/CB/EDGE in the 2nd/3rd.

A trade down in the first would be nice as well, depending on the return of course.

the wr drop off is gargantuan.  Of course lots of people here just 'know' which 6th rounders are going to be great, but the top 3 of this class are far beyond what we've seen, including the Idzik draft.  

I look at it like this.  If JD is in love with a OT that is there at 11, then I hope he picks him.  If the tackles he wanted are gone, then take that WR or trade back and get a OT with the next pick.  

• Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, King P said:

Gase has been on record as saying he likes WRs with YAC ability. There's no receiver in this draft better after the catch than Lamb. He'd feast on all those bubble screens Gase loves to call

It has been noted by more than one that of the three,  CeeDee's skills are the best match for what Darnold needs and does.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I like it, but I'm also way too head over heels for Lamb.

I want OT but I have a hunch Douglas may only like 3 of the top 4, don't know that for sure but it's just a hunch. OT will be the pick unless what I said is true then I hope it's Lamb or Jeudy

The drop off on offensive tackles between pick 11 and pick 48 is huge. There’s 4 top tier tackles but I believe 6 day 1 starters. I think all 6 are gone by 48. On the other hand, if the jets do take an OT at 11, there’s about 20-25 WR’s who I believe are top 3 round picks. At 48 jets will still have day 1 starters available at WR. It’s so tempting to take one of the big receivers at 11, but I think the disciplined right decision would be to take the best tackle available. Just my opinion on it. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, RobR said:

These mocks are beyond useless because they change them week by week. I never put any stock into these because they can't even get the pick right when the team is actually on the clock.

And even when they get it right, see QW, they get it wrong.

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I love Jeudy but I think there’s more value in a trade back if all 3 receivers and Thomas are on the board. 

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Abso-freakin'-lutely!

The Bucs are ALL IN on protecting Brady and they already have 2 excellent WRs.  Let them trade up for Thomas here.  If they do that then the Jets get one of Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs in addition to a Buc's pick.  If the Bucs go another way with a defender or something then the Jets will have a choice of 2 of those 4 (Thomas, Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs).

I've been on the trade back wagon for almost a month now.  I see the 49ers and Bucs as our best options.  I think the 49ers really want Ruggs and they might want to jump ahead of the Raiders and Jets to get the first pick of WRs.  If Lamb or Jeudy are off the board in the first 10 picks then that could really motivate the 49ers to move up.  Remember, they're in Win Now mode and just lost Emmanuel Sanders after they traded for him in mid-season.  WR is the one glaring hole on the 49ers.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, King P said:

Gase has been on record as saying he likes WRs with YAC ability. There's no receiver in this draft better after the catch than Lamb. He'd feast on all those bubble screens Gase loves to call

Am I the only guy who thinks Ruggs is a better weapon and YAC guy than Lamb?

He's Tyreek Hill 2.0 IMO.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

The drop off on offensive tackles between pick 11 and pick 48 is huge. There’s 4 top tier tackles but I believe 6 day 1 starters. I think all 6 are gone by 48. On the other hand, if the jets do take an OT at 11, there’s about 20-25 WR’s who I believe are top 3 round picks. At 48 jets will still have day 1 starters available at WR. It’s so tempting to take one of the big receivers at 11, but I think the disciplined right decision would be to take the best tackle available. Just my opinion on it. 

just the opposite  Lots of good OTs that will fit what they want to do.  Cleveland, Peart.  Aiyuk compared to Lamb, Ruggs Jeudy, though.  Aiiiiiiii ---- YUK!!!!!

Ridiculous. NO way if Andrew Thomas is available at 11 the Jets don't take him. He's excellent value at 11 and he fills a huge need at OL. The idea that everyone on this site thinks since JD added OL through FA that's no longer a dire need is absurd. Douglas added depth and a lot of one year rentals in FA. This is NOT the finished product OL. The current OL has no blue chipper to build around and Andrew Thomas (if he's there) is the blue chipper Douglas is looking for.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Ridiculous. NO way if Andrew Thomas is available at 11 the Jets don't take him. He's excellent value at 11 and he fills a huge need at OL. The idea that everyone on this site thinks since JD added OL through FA that's no longer a dire need is absurd. Douglas added depth and a lot of one year rentals in FA. This is NOT the finished product OL. The current OL has no blue chipper to build around and Andrew Thomas (if he's there) is the blue chipper Douglas is looking for.

Totally agree.  We should definitely go OL at 11, assuming one of the top 4 are there, and WR at 2 and 3.  I also think we should go CB with our second third rd pick.  First four picks could look like this...Thomas/Wills, Michael Pittman Jr, Van Jefferson, and Bryce Hall(I really love this guy).  Being completely bored with cabin fever I’ve been doing a mock draft simulator and Hall is always available at that pic. 

10 minutes ago, nico002 said:

? This is one of the best drafts in recent memory dude. You never get a blue chip prospect at 11. 

I'm talking about the draft that this thread is about man.  ya know... Daniel Jeremiah?? 

Stick with us. 

• Haha 1