Aiyuk has April core muscle surgery

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

?

was my “go-to” reasonable 2nd round pick

maybe? falls to 68 or further now

sad luke skywalker GIF

I really like Brandon in Round 2.  Some people were concerned that ASU drew up too many screen passes for him. Bologna!!!  Aiyuk is a weapon and he's a YAC guy for sure.  McShay called him one of the Top 4 "Satellite Guys" or guys who makes plays in space.  If the Jets could trade back and end up with Jeudy, Josh Jones and Aiyuk with their first 3 picks I'd be ecstatic.

2138797043_ScreenShot2020-04-07at11_37_33PM.png.7bc45fca75ffe68888f370adb1518532.png

You've all heard about the ridiculous talent in the 2020 NFL draft's wide receiver class, and the running back class has plenty of playmakers too. But when we are talking about ability in the open space on the field, a few prospects stand out as extremely dangerous weapons for any offense.

That brings us to my 2020 All-Satellite team, featuring a handful of elite playmakers who will be drafted on Days 1 and 2 at the end of the month. This year marks the 11th edition of the list, dating back to C.J. Spiller and the 2010 class. It has included the likes of Odell Beckham Jr., Brandin Cooks, Christian McCaffrey, Lamar Jackson and Tyler Lockett. Most recently, Marquise Brownand Kyler Murray headlined last season's team.

Each name on this year's list could teach us all a little something about social distancing -- they find open space and turn it into chunk plays. Here is my All-Satellite team for 2020, starting with a speedy receiver out of Alabama.

333.png&h=110&w=110

1. Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

201.png&h=110&w=110

2. CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

9.png&h=110&w=110

3. Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

275.png&h=110&w=110

4. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

Full article here....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/28991126/mcshay-2020-nfl-draft-all-satellite-team-nfl-draft-best-playmakers-space

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KRL said:

Off the top of my head there are 3 WR's who may drop because of surgeries:

Van Jefferson

Bryan Edwards

Brandon Aiyuk

Hopefully for the Jets they are all available in rounds 2-3

Shenault as well. Some probably slip to day three.

Surgeries are interesting in that they would’ve mattered before if guys wouldn’t be ready for OTA, TC, but if those aren’t happening...good to get the medical checkups still.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, KRL said:

Off the top of my head there are 3 WR's who may drop because of surgeries:

Van Jefferson

Bryan Edwards

Brandon Aiyuk

Hopefully for the Jets they are all available in rounds 2-3

Is there a timetable on Edwards foot, only because that is something that could take longer to heal then other injuries.  

Aiyuk is smart to get this done now with 3+ months until he would need to practice (sadly at the earliest)

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

sad luke skywalker GIF

I really like Brandon in Round 2.  Some people were concerned that ASU drew up too many screen passes for him. Bologna!!!  Aiyuk is a weapon and he's a YAC guy for sure.  McShay called him one of the Top 4 "Satellite Guys" or guys who makes plays in space.  If the Jets could trade back and end up with Jeudy, Josh Jones and Aiyuk with their first 3 picks I'd be ecstatic.

Full article here....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/28991126/mcshay-2020-nfl-draft-all-satellite-team-nfl-draft-best-playmakers-space

Having passed on WR in Round 1, I will never be ecstatic with any of the rd 2 WRs.  I guess I will be mildly satisfied, but not happy.  I will be happy with Lamb.  I will be happy with Ruggs.  I will be happy with Jeudy.  IMO, three sure bets.  Just the way I see it.  I think JD will be able to build Sam a wall without sacrificing one of these gems.  I trust him to be able to do so.  When was the last time you had something to look forward to in the Jets passing game?  When?  Too long, huh??  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, derp said:

Surgeries are interesting in that they would’ve mattered before if guys wouldn’t be ready for OTA, TC, but if those aren’t happening...good to get the medical checkups still.

Forgot about Shenault

25 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Is there a timetable on Edwards foot, only because that is something that could take longer to heal then other injuries.  

Aiyuk is smart to get this done now with 3+ months until he would need to practice (sadly at the earliest)

Seems Edwards was an 8-12 week recovery time

https://www.cover1.net/nfl-draft-injury-impact-south-carolina-wr-bryan-edwards/

1 hour ago, derp said:

Laviska Even with the surgery would be my run away pick at 48 

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Laviska Even with the surgery would be my run away pick at 48 

I'm a big fan, I think he checks a lot of analytics boxes and he's a fun prospect too, but I get that he's a weird process as well. I think he was overrated enough early that he's underrated now, plus the surgery, plus running worse than he probably would have healthy (looks plenty fast to me).

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Having passed on WR in Round 1, I will never be ecstatic with any of the rd 2 WRs.  I guess I will be mildly satisfied, but not happy.  I will be happy with Lamb.  I will be happy with Ruggs.  I will be happy with Jeudy.  IMO, three sure bets.  Just the way I see it.  I think JD will be able to build Sam a wall without sacrificing one of these gems.  I trust him to be able to do so.  When was the last time you had something to look forward to in the Jets passing game?  When?  Too long, huh??  

I think the exception is if Higgins slips to Rd. 2 and the Jets move up for him. I don't know how they feel about him but I think if they end up taking an OT in Rd. 1 (trade down or no trade down) and then a Rd. 1 WR like Higgins slips to Rd. 2 they may move up a few spots to nab him. 

The other guy I really like who I would be happy with in Rd. 2 is Claypool and Peoples-Jones. Neither are guys the Jets would need to move up for. Two different types of WRs but both would provide Darnold with exactly what he needs and would pair well with Perriman and Herndon.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

What’s the deal with this guy

Classic 'gadget WR' I like him but I actually think he is being over-rated, many have him going in Rd. 3, I think he's likely to go in Rd. 5 or 6. I don't nec. see him as a great match for the Jets. I think the Jets need at least one big target for Sam. I think the Jets need guys that can play on the outside. Good red zone targets. Guys with excellent hands and good route runners (or ability to get open using their size). In general, I think the Jets need to stay away from guys who may have difficulty getting open despite their versatility or what they can do after the catch. 

On 4/8/2020 at 7:49 AM, BCJet said:

South Carolina WR Bryan Edwards, who fractured his fifth metatarsal before the Combine, has his boot off now and is moving around well, I’m told. Teams were just sent updated images and scans of the Day 2 WR, who is the Gamecocks all-time leader in receptions.

• 2 weeks later...