Kristian Dyer of SI Predicts Jets Move Down Twice in Round 1 With Latest Mock

Josh-Jones-960x540-1.jpg

Getting creative in putting together his latest mock draft, Jets beat writer Kristian Dyer of Sports Illustrated has Joe Douglas looking to move down not just once, but twice in the first round of this month’s draft.  The Jets first move down from 11 to 21, and then 21 to 30 with the Eagles and Packers respectively.

What does he have the Jets adding for those picks?  From the Eagles he’s getting picks 21, 53 and 169.  In the swap with Green Bay, the Jets add picks 30 and 94.  It’s the Jets dire need for talent up and down the roster that forces the deals, with the Jets addressing their top need with the 30th pick, grabbing Houston left tackle Josh Jones.

From there we see Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor at 48 and Clemson cornerback AJ Terrell with the 53rd pick.  One of the more interesting selections is Syracuse edge rusher Alton Robinson, who Dyer has the Jets taking in the fourth round (120th overall) to address their years-long drought at the position.

For a full look at all of Dyer’s picks with explanations for every selection, take a look right here.

The post Kristian Dyer of SI Predicts Jets Move Down Twice in Round 1 With Latest Mock appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
FE_ePdhUbuA

Click here to read the full story...

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

As a huge ND fan I hope we take him in the 3rd but not as a #1. 

****ing Irish! :) 

I go back and forth on Claypool. I know he ran that fast 40, but I don't think he plays at that speed. I think that'll push him up draft boards, though. 

If the Tackles are all gone in round 1, if they don't get a good enough deal to bypass taking Lamb or Jeudy they can trade down in round 2 for extra picks and still get an OT later in round 2. We also have the problem of never being able to get start type prospects like Lamb or Jeudy unless we get them in the draft.

35 minutes ago, JetNation said:

Josh-Jones-960x540-1.jpg

Getting creative in putting together his latest mock draft, Jets beat writer Kristian Dyer of Sports Illustrated has Joe Douglas looking to move down not just once, but twice in the first round of this month’s draft.  The Jets first move down from 11 to 21, and then 21 to 30 with the Eagles and Packers respectively.

What does he have the Jets adding for those picks?  From the Eagles he’s getting picks 21, 53 and 169.  In the swap with Green Bay, the Jets add picks 30 and 94.  It’s the Jets dire need for talent up and down the roster that forces the deals, with the Jets addressing their top need with the 30th pick, grabbing Houston left tackle Josh Jones.

From there we see Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor at 48 and Clemson cornerback AJ Terrell with the 53rd pick.  One of the more interesting selections is Syracuse edge rusher Alton Robinson, who Dyer has the Jets taking in the fourth round (120th overall) to address their years-long drought at the position.

For a full look at all of Dyer’s picks with explanations for every selection, take a look right here.

The post Kristian Dyer of SI Predicts Jets Move Down Twice in Round 1 With Latest Mock appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

FE_ePdhUbuA

VOMIT

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Last week it was Manish and now Dyer predicts Jets trade down and grab Josh Jones.  Personally I'd love that scenario.

Yeah but the Jets better be getting a future #1 pick going all the way down to the 20’s that trade compensation is embarrassing.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I like all the extra picks but no. They basically give up having a first and definitely not a Wisconsin powerback with the 2nd. Take a WR or another OL. 

I don’t know which is worse, diluting their pick at 11 or taking a rb with a ton of college carries with a first rounder.  This guy came from the eagles where they had a stable of rbs they acquired from other teams. 

Do these people understand that we need to build around Sam? Such a bad mock draft. Building around Sam means beefing up on the line AND adding a couple receiving options EARLY. Dyer states the Jets were killed with lack of depth. Really? Why did they go 6-2 down the stretch with mostly depth players? This is a beat writer that doesn't understand the team. You don't just draft a running back in the second round even though it's not a need when you can get a great receiver. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I kind of like the idea of first trade, but not the second.  And, yeah, some very questionable picks.  I doubt Jones lasts to the 30th pick, but who knows?

Also, yeah, Wills might be the first OT off the board. 

Yeah, I don't think he would be there either, just selecting what was available on the sim....

GM in his first draft... would be surprised if he moves down in the first. He has to nail that first pick for many reasons, not least of which to earn his badge as a talent evaluator. Why would you reduce your chances to get it right?

Although I agree it's the wiser move, I'd just be surprised is all.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This is the best draft I’ve seen to date.  No way Willis is there at 17 though.  With that said even if it’s Cleveland I’m still super excited about this draft.

I think the SIM was very kind to me lol...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetNation said:

Josh-Jones-960x540-1.jpg

FE_ePdhUbuA

I would be very upset if this is how the draft went. It's like a repeat of the Idzic draft in a WR rich draft where we basically ignore the position. Jones is a good pick with all the trading down but why would we take a RB?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I would be very upset if this is how the draft went. It's like a repeat of the Idzic draft in a WR rich draft where we basically ignore the position. Jones is a good pick with all the trading down but why would we take a RB?

Or 2 friggin CB's? Or a WR who probably won't play that position at the next level? This would be a nightmare.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Last week it was Manish and now Dyer predicts Jets trade down and grab Josh Jones.  Personally I'd love that scenario.

Yeah but where are the damned WR's???    I am rooting for a trade down too but it better not be for RB's and Defense that we do it.  That much I'm pretty solid on. 

• Upvote 1