Kristian Dyer of SI Predicts Jets Move Down Twice in Round 1 With Latest Mock

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I’ve watched every college game he’s played. He’s improved every year and last season over 1000 yards, 13 TDs and 16 average. He’s make first downs and TDs. 

Checkout some of the catches he makes. He’s more of a fast receiving TE which is prefect for today’s game  

Super nice find!  This guy will be a BEAST in the NFL.....

He has tremendous hands!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s a horrific mock draft IMO.  

If this is how JD plays his first draft id be extremely disappointed. 

First off where are we even pulling these trades out from?  Philly is going to trade their entire draft basically to grab Slay and a player at 11 this year?  

Also stop being lazy and check the value chart.  Jets 11th pick is worth 1250... the trade would net the Jets only 1208.  so we're taking less value to move down 10 spots?  its not an enticing deal at all.  If they were giving up a 2nd, and a 6th and a 3rd next year then maybe im looking at it a little more seriously.  But to go below value to move out of the top 15 is just foolish in my opinion.  

Then fine ok we trade down again AND AGAIN TAKE LESS VALUE?  Either this woman thinks JD is super soft on trades are just feverishly desperate to move down.  800 for pick 21 to a value of 744 (the 6th in 2021 is valued as a 7th rounder which is basically no points).

I get that the trade value chart isnt perfect and no one gets super great value all the time, but I would imagine having the power to move down in those scenarios id want to get something a little more closer to market value.  

For instance a good GB trade to move to 21 there would be a 1st, 3rd, 5th, and a 2021 3rd. That would come to around 802 for a pick worth 800.  That is at least close.  They dont want to go over market value then fine change the 5th to a 6th and you come in around 784 thats evencloser.  A future 6th or 7th rounder is worth nothing in trades. its an optics throw in points wise. 

Then to me the picks are just not the way to build this team.. I understand adding a lot of depth at corner but to say that claypool is the first receiver chosen for this team that NEEDS WR help is silly, and then to not turn around and address it again until their LAST PICK? Just out of touch really. 

• Upvote 4

If Jeudy/CeeDee or an absolute can't miss Offensive Tackle are on the board and available? It's an awful idea to run away from them with a "trade back" during the 1st round. 

Trade back in the 2nd in order to grab another 2nd round pick in order to have two 2nd Rounders and two 3rd rounders. Or trade back in the 3rd round and pick up an extra 3rd round pick in order to feature 3 3rd round picks etc, etc. 

Trade back all you want, just do not trade back during the 1st. 

Sam Darnold needs the very best of the best; not leftovers. 

• Upvote 2

I am for quality, not quantity. IMHO. picks in rounds 4-6 are for accumulating to trade en masse for picks in the second and third rounds, if possible. I'd  rather have 5 picks in the first four rounds, not one pick in 1-3, then six picks in 4 - 6.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

As a huge ND fan I hope we take him in the 3rd but not as a #1. 

He is not going to be there in the 3rd.  Claypool is one of the most unique talents coming out.   He is going to be a true match up nightmare.   We take him at the end of the first round and I am fine with it.  

21 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I am for quality, not quantity. IMHO. picks in rounds 4-6 are for accumulating to trade en masse for picks in the second and third rounds, if possible. I'd  rather have 5 picks in the first four rounds, not one pick in 1-3, then six picks in 4 - 6.

The trades are not as much as a problem as the selections.   Terrible Mock with the exception of Claypool.  

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’ve watched every college game he’s played. He’s improved every year and last season over 1000 yards, 13 TDs and 16 average. He make first downs and TDs. 

Checkout some of the catches he makes. He’s more of a fast receiving TE which is prefect for today’s game  

As a Canadian, it would be amazing to have our own in Green and White... 

But as a Jets fan, i'm leery of expecting too much from Claypool. I think his long term fit is in a Decker type role, who was always at his best as the compliment to an X like Marshall or Thomas when he was in DEN..... IOW, I would take him as our 2nd WR.

4 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I like trading down twice better with 1st ATL, second with DAL.

image.png.740d26c912facaea9376bcba755a1f8d.png

Great draft. I've done a bunch of these and Wills falls every time, doesn't make any sense. I got him at like 27 once. Anyway. 

Once question, Why a TE so early. I mean the Jets have Herndon, just extended Griffin, just resigned Brown, and have a blocking TE in his second year in Wesco. Seems like there's literally no room on the roster for another one. And by drafting a TE in that spot it looks like you were not able to snag a pass rusher. Would have been a perfect spot for Baun or Alton Robinson or Highsmith or Anae. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Great draft. I've done a bunch of these and Wills falls every time, doesn't make any sense. I got him at like 27 once. Anyway. 

Once question, Why a TE so early. I mean the Jets have Herndon, just extended Griffin, just resigned Brown, and have a blocking TE in his second year in Wesco. Seems like there's literally no room on the roster for another one. And by drafting a TE in that spot it looks like you were not able to snag a pass rusher. Would have been a perfect spot for Baun or Alton Robinson or Highsmith or Anae. 

He was talked up so I just grabbed him... I know we've got Herndon, but he hasn't played much with the injury and suspension, so I am looking at him to have to re-prove himself. That and I tried my best to get as many Offensive players in the top half of my picks...

I have done many of these and he does always fall, so why not pick him. Outside of his penalties, he's the most polished of all of them if you watch his technique...

Was half asleep last night and wondering about a trade down with the Eagles. They need to add a receiver. Assume they’ve got a wink nod deal with Peters to bring him back. Give up 11 for 21 and Dillard, plus or minus a little either way?

Jets get a tackle Douglas had a hand in drafting and should fit wide sets. Eagles get their receiver and stay in win now mode. Jets fans hate moving down for an unproven commodity, Eagles fans hate last year’s #1 pick being valued as a #2ish this year.

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’ve watched every college game he’s played. He’s improved every year and last season over 1000 yards, 13 TDs and 16 average. He make first downs and TDs. 

I like Claypool a lot, but if we trade down twice he just cannot be the only Top WR we get. I might take 3WR in the first 3 rounds

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah but where are the damned WR's???    I am rooting for a trade down too but it better not be for RB's and Defense that we do it.  That much I'm pretty solid on. 

The more I see of Bryan Edwards and Tyler Johnson, the more comfortable I would be with the Jets taking them in rd 3 and 4/5 respectively.  I think they're both going to be huge steals in this class.

Edited by AFJF
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

WR has to be one of our first two picks..

In a class with nearly 30 guys graded out as starting caliber, why is it so important to take one right away?  Why not address areas of need where there are few options and then dip in the WR class with picks 4/5 and still get starting caliber players.

Something like:

1- Thomas

2- AJ Terrell

3- Okwara

3a- Bryan Edwards

4- Tyler Johnson

and then go from there.  You've added a starters at LT, CB, edge and 2 WR's to go with Perriman, Crowder, Herndon, Griffin.  

Edited by AFJF

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

In a class with nearly 30 guys graded out as starting caliber, why is it so important to take one right away?  Why not address areas of need where there are few options and then dip in the WR class with picks 4/5 and still get starting caliber players.

Something like:

1- Thomas

2- AJ Terrell

3- Okwara

3a- Bryan Edwards

4- Tyler Johnson

and then go from there.  You've added a starters at LT, CB, edge and 2 WR's to go with Perriman, Crowder, Herndon, Griffin.  

As I've posted before I love Edwards as an very under rated prospect in this draft but let's not get crazy, he's no Mim's. It would be great though if they're both wearing green and white in the fall.

The more I see of Bryan Edwards and Tyler Johnson, the more comfortable I would be with the Jets taking them in rd 3 and 4/5 respectively.  I think they're both going to be huge steals in this class.

Interesting point. I reeeeally like Bryan Edwards abs feel like he would be a 2nd in any other draft. But I also feel that way about Van Jefferson. I wonder if the Jets view the father/son connection as a positive or negative there.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Something like:

1- Thomas

2- AJ Terrell

3- Okwara

3a- Bryan Edwards

4- Tyler Johnson

There's starting caliber, and then there's real difference makers. I think there's 4-5 potential superstar WRs in this class, then there's a lot of other above average to serviceable WRs. Not all of the best WRs are expected to go in the first round, but knowing the Jets, they'll whiff on one of the only ones left if they wait until the 3rd or 4th. Our offense needs a game changer that can provide real production, on a consistent basis. that won't come from a OT. I think WR is the biggest need right now. Perriman is a #2 at best, and Crowder is a slot WR. Behind them we have pretty much nothing. 

2 hours ago, derp said:

Was half asleep last night and wondering about a trade down with the Eagles. They need to add a receiver. Assume they’ve got a wink nod deal with Peters to bring him back. Give up 11 for 21 and Dillard, plus or minus a little either way?

Jets get a tackle Douglas had a hand in drafting and should fit wide sets. Eagles get their receiver and stay in win now mode. Jets fans hate moving down for an unproven commodity, Eagles fans hate last year’s #1 pick being valued as a #2ish this year.

I think they were more in play before trading for Slay, I think now they'll stay put and have the ability to add a WR still at 21. Could easily add Mims right there in that spot and feel great about it.  

8 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

There's starting caliber, and then there's real difference makers. I think there's 4-5 potential superstar WRs in this class, then there's a lot of other above average to serviceable WRs. Not all of the best WRs are expected to go in the first round, but knowing the Jets, they'll whiff on one of the only ones left if they wait until the 3rd or 4th. Our offense needs a game changer that can provide real production, on a consistent basis. that won't come from a OT. I think WR is the biggest need right now. Perriman is a #2 at best, and Crowder is a slot WR. Behind them we have pretty much nothing. 

I don't disagree with that, but in today's NFL, teams that lack a true number one wide receiver but who have 4-5 legitimate targets for a QB to pick from can win games.  Especially if Darnold continues to play the way he has when the protection is good.

I would even go so far as to say they should consider taking advantage of the depth in this class and take a third receiver in the 6th round.  

Edwards

T. Johnson

Isaiah Hodgins or Isaiah Coulter for example.

Add that to what they already have, imrpoved O-line means improved run game which opens things up for Edwards/Perriman/Crowder/Herndon/Griffin.

All of that to go with new starting LT, edge and CB.

I was all in on a receiver early, but kind of liking the idea of getting premium positions early on and getting starting receivers after top 3 picks.

• Upvote 1