Avery Williamson's Future w/ Jets

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Depends on what the plan would be for the extra $6.5mm.

If it’s to sign two more back-up level players at $3mm each - as has been our GM’s MO to date - then keep him.

If you’re going to use that money to bring someone in that can have an impact on the game like Clowney or Peters then cut or trade.

You're relentless, lol.

6 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Loaded is a relative term.  The Jets have a lot of ILB.  Williamson is considerably better than the 3 names listed in addition to Mosley.

Exactly.  Just because we have a lot of players with names at ILB and we've heard of these names doesn't make Williamson an automatic cut, and certainly not one we have to make quickly.

Williamson was the best player on the team just a couple years ago (yes, I said it) and I'm excited of the prospect of a healthy Mosley and Williamson playing together.  

Who do we need that money for at this stage in the offseason?  If we absolutely need money, cut Winters.  If we need more, look to trade Williamson.  Only after that point would I be OK with cutting Williamson. 

• Upvote 1